GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
dayofwar2009
PSN#2 Roob_OG
41-qKKpuCVL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Welcome to the GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge! The idea is simple. Every week 1-2 Combo's will be selected to run at the Nordschleife. Drivers will post their current fastest lap and are free to update their time as many times as they wish in this thread. You can participate as you see fit, there are no obligations here. This is a fun and friendly competition to promote good relationships and hopefully some good races. At the end of each week, a lobby will be hosted setup to run the current combo. Depending on the spec being run, some drivers may even be able to submit there time on the Nurburgring lap time Leaderboard. If anything seems out of the ordinary a video or replay file would be requested but hopefully good sportsmanship and honesty can hold true here, This is meant to be fun so I'll be picking cars that are relatively balanced, or a bit prone to oversteer. We'll be running mostly stock cars, sometimes with a downgrade in tires depending on the power output of the car (example Week #1) That's about it. Let's see what ya got!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Arcade/Single Player/Time Trial
Club ID: 1052683
GTP OLR rules apply (2 wheels on track)
Game version: Most current
Track:
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Grip: Real
Aids: ABS/Driving Line
Oil Change: Allowed
Brake Balance: Adjustable unless specified otherwise
Laptime Submission Format: time / forum name (Example) 8:45.369 rosckolove
Week #1:

Car:
NSX Type R '02
Tuning: Prohibited
Oil change: Allowed
Tires: Comfort Softs
Week #2

Car: Ferrari GTO '84
Tires: Sport Hards
Brake balance: Adjustable
Week #3

Spec #1:

Car: RE Amemiya RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Brake Balance: Adjustable

Spec #2:

Car:
Camaro SS '10
Brake Balance: Non Adjustable
Week #4

Spec #1

Car: BMW M3 Coupe '07
Brake Balance: Not Adjustable

Spec #2

Car: McLaren F1' 94
Oil change: O.K.
Week #5

Car: RUF RGT '00
Week #6

Car: Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Week #7

Car: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
PP: 420
HP: 201
Weight: 1,080 Kg
Tires: Comfort Softs

Last edited:
7.55.207 LEADERBOARD

Car:
NSX Type R '02

7:36.303 rosckolove
7:39.508 Ed_Night
7:43.454 jammy21
7:46.481 roamer2629
7:49.638 Thomas2012
7:50:536 RuddRacer

Week #2 LEADERBOARD

Car:
Ferrari GTO '84

7:06.135 RS_96_oO
7:06.911 rosckolove
7:11.082 jammy21
7:12.250 lBt_33
7:13.718 Ed_Night
7:18.082 RuddRacer
7:19.076 Gravitron
7:19.238 roamer2629
7:30.266 cjr3559
7:37.481 middy
7:39.599 SVPskins
Week #3 LEADERBOARD

Spec #1 RE Amemiya RX7

7:21.123 Ed_Night
7:21.334 rosckolove
7:22.766 jammy21
7:25.675 McLarenGT
7:27.821 RuddRacer
7:46.450 cjr3559

Spec #2 Camaro SS '10

7:26.958 RS_96_oO
7:27.088 rosckolove
7:29.150 Ed_Night
7:31.974 jammy21
7:36.266 RuddRacer
7:46.450 cjr3559
7:53.183 SilverSE102
Week #4 LEADERBOARD

Spec #1 BMW M3 Coupe '07

7:30.012 RS__96__oO
7:33.056 Ed_Night
7'35.389 jammy21
7:36.533 Antares26

Spec #2 McLaren F1 '94

6:47.388 rosckolove
6:48.514 RS__96__oO
6:56.931 jammy21
Week #5 LEADERBOARD

Car: RUF RGT '00

7:17.706 rosckolove
7'18.850 RS__96__oO
7:29.029 Roamer2629
7:30.274 jammy21
7:33.762 RuddRacer
7:55.207 stevomac941
Week #6 LEADERBOARD

Car: Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

7:21.083 rosckolove
7:21.238 Ed_Night
7:32.569 RuddRacer
7:44.358 SilverSE102
Week #7 LEADERBOARD

Car: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '7

Last edited:
I not very fast but I'm always looking for a reason to drive different cars at the 'ring. I should have some time this week to put in some laps and don't mind sharing here for some friendly competition.

@rosckolove is ABS allowed?

This car is a joy to drive, I could do this forever. 👍

I was very surprised, the car has much better grip than I anticipated with the CS tires. You can be much more aggressive than you would think and it's even possible to "save it" if you push it a little to far.

@hall90 @SVPSkins @SilverSE102 not sure if this is your cup of tea but I'm finding this more fun than grinding the current seasonal event offerings.

Car specs
NSX Type R '02 (+ oil change)
475pp
305hp
1270kg

Couse Settings
Grip Reduction wet / track edge: Real
everything else default

@rosckolove let me know if something does not match what it should be.

I was very surprised, the car has much better grip than I anticipated with the CS tires. You can be much more aggressive than you would think and it's even possible to "save it" if you push it a little to far.

@hall90 @SVPSkins @SilverSE102 not sure if this is your cup of tea but I'm finding this more fun than grinding the current seasonal event offerings.

Car specs
NSX Type R '02 (+ oil change)
475pp
305hp
1270kg

Couse Settings
Grip Reduction wet / track edge: Real
everything else default

@rosckolove let me know if something does not match what it should be.

sounds like my cup of tea with two sugars =)

I'm glad you find it enjoyable. It's my go to setup when I just want to "enjoy the drive" I'll use cockpit view and turn all the HUD off and just lap the Nurburgring, fast, slow, doesn't matter it's all fun in that thing.

let me know if something does not match what it should be.

Everything seems good mate. You just forgot one thing. Post your best lap time! Even if it's not your best or final go post it up! You can always best it later and post again!

sounds like my cup of tea with two sugars =)

Awesome!

Also this isn't meant to be a dictatorship. I'm going to pick the first couple of car/specs so you guys know what i'm after but the main goal is to have a fun and friendly competition. So feel free to suggest a combo in the future!

I'll be on in a couple hours and I'll post my results from my first go.

Hopefully someone will post a time for me to chase by then. Stay fast my friends.

My best from last night was a 7'56.051. I'm still being too conservative in some of the high speed sections (I think). Will try and improve some more tonight.

@roamer2629 you too are a big fan of Nurburgring Nordschleife? Care to give this a go?

Hey, thanks for the heads up Rudd 👍
Great idea, been thinking about something along this lines for a while now but didn't have the time to pull it off. Can't promise steady participation but will give this one a go for sure.
Can't say no to an MR at Nordschleife :lol:

There is slightly less grip online plus I don't think you can do an "arcade" time trail nor can you turn off tire wear unless its a club event.

What you can do is setup an event in your club. That is probably best because you set up an event "template" with all the criteria you specify. It will also keep track of each persons best time throughout the event and eliminates the need for an "honor" system.

Do you know how to setup a club?

Not yet, but I'll look Into it. Any advice is welcome ofcourse.

But... if grip is lower online then I assume most people would want to attempt a lap offline.

So far the best I could manage was a 7:47.447

Just improved to a 7:45.688

Anyone else give this a go yet?
I'll give this a go in the next couple days, so no tuning, oil change only, no aids other than abs, how about driving line? And no aero parts correct?

I'll give this a go in the next couple days, so no tuning, oil change only, no aids other than abs, how about driving line? And no aero parts correct?

The driving line causes no harm. It's up to you. No wing. Ask yourself if it could enter a tuning restricted online lobby. Stock!

And very nice time @Ed_Night I'm about to give it another go now.

But... if grip is lower online then I assume most people would want to attempt a lap offline.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe online "club" time trials (with fuel & tire wear off) would have the same tire grip levels as the seasonal events.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe online "club" time trials (with fuel & tire wear off) would have the same tire grip levels as the seasonal events.

I can't give you an answer but I may get you a half a step closer to the answer.

The 7:45 I ran online (not in a club lobby) the 7:40 was not a nice of lap, run offline.

So if anyone knows the difference of grip (or lack there of) levels from an online lobby to an online "club" lobby that could give us our answer.

The driving line causes no harm. It's up to you. No wing. Ask yourself if it could enter a tuning restricted online lobby. Stock!
Sorry, I usually don't go into online lobbies lately and wasn't sure if aero parts were prohibited :dunce:. I think the last room I was in was a dirty nascar room about 7-8 months ago. :lol:

Found a little more than 2 seconds tonight, my best lap is now 7'52.489.

I can take about 1 second off my time how I'm currently doing it (based on the gap I can put on the ghost), just need to make it to the finish line. Easier said than done....

Back