October DLC Car Pack ideas

• Thread starter symo63
  • 203 comments
@Fat Tyre - Saw you mention the 300ZX being difficult to drive over in the Car List thread, thought I'd respond here. I had the opposite issue: sure, when the turbo comes on boost all hell breaks loose in the first two gears, but being mindful of the throttle in third gear through the turns is all I've noted so far. No full throttle until you've wound most of the lock off, which isn't too surprising. You could probably crank up the downforce, or soften the rear suspension, if you're finding it a little tail-happy.

I thought it was surprisingly docile, so much so that I was genuinely surprised to see it was pumping out 780hp. I would've guessed about 100hp less, maybe more.

@Fat Tyre - Saw you mention the 300ZX being difficult to drive over in the Car List thread, thought I'd respond here. I had the opposite issue: sure, when the turbo comes on boost all hell breaks loose in the first two gears, but being mindful of the throttle in third gear through the turns is all I've noted so far. No full throttle until you've wound most of the lock off, which isn't too surprising. You could probably crank up the downforce, or soften the rear suspension, if you're finding it a little tail-happy.

I thought it was surprisingly docile, so much so that I was genuinely surprised to see it was pumping out 780hp. I would've guessed about 100hp less, maybe more.

Thank you SlipZtrEm, I will have another go tomorrow I have to go to work now. I think you might be underestimating how much of a bad driver I am though haha, even with those considerations I think I will find it hard. On the other hand I hadn't even realized that it had a turbo, It was more than tail happy, it would just snap completely. I did only two laps though so I might have jumped to conclusions way too early.

Would you happen to have any replays saved on that car so I could have a look on how it is driven properly?

Thank you SlipZtrEm, I will have another go tomorrow I have to go to work now. I think you might be underestimating how much of a bad driver I am though haha, even with those considerations I think I will find it hard. On the other hand I hadn't even realized that it had a turbo, It was more than tail happy, it would just snap completely. I did only two laps though so I might have jumped to conclusions way too early.

Would you happen to have any replays saved on that car so I could have a look on how it is driven properly?

I wouldn't really call me driving "driven properly" :P. My replay is up on the Rivals R Class Lime Rock board, it should be easy to find so long as we're friends already on XBL. We are, right? I feel like we are! :lol:

I lock the brakes up a bit, and I imagine it's too short to get a full idea of the car, but it's a start. I should have Gold reinstated tomorrow, so I could maybe share something in-game a bit better soon. A good comparison would be the BMW's or Capri in the Group 5 challenge though; if you're comfortable with them, I'd say the experience at the Glen is very similar, with a bump up in speed and acceleration.

Idk, find all cars pretty easy to drive, this pack in particular drives very nicely, to the point where I think it's a bit casual, I would imagine a limo would have long stopping distances and will be heavy in the corners, but nope, it's very agile and took on nordshleife like a champ. Maybe these cars do drive like this, I just think it's a little weird. Q60 is probably the worst handling out of the bunch, but still fairly good to drive, I found that it has this gran turismo like behavior when it goes a bit loose and wobbly under breaking, hard to explain, but I haven't experienced this with any other car in the game.

Not sure how the 300ZX is anywhere close to easy. Without any driving aids, it definitely requires some finesse through the first & second gears to keep that turbo from lighting up the rears. From a few laps at COTA, I found if you can keep some good momentum through the corners in 2nd gear & feed the throttle out of the corner, it makes things a bit easier on the driver. Or shift a tad early through those 1st two gears just as the boost comes in. It's definitely a challenging & fun car, though. Props to those who can set some crazy fast times with it.

On the Rebellion, they nailed the sound perfectly. The sound that exhaust can make under heavy braking is spot on, exactly as I heard both cars running in Austin last month. It's also pretty quick & solid on the track.

Not sure how the 300ZX is anywhere close to easy. Without any driving aids, it definitely requires some finesse through the first & second gears to keep that turbo from lighting up the rears. From a few laps at COTA, I found if you can keep some good momentum through the corners in 2nd gear & feed the throttle out of the corner, it makes things a bit easier on the driver. Or shift a tad early through those 1st two gears just as the boost comes in. It's definitely a challenging & fun car, though. Props to those who can set some crazy fast times with it.

On the Rebellion, they nailed the sound perfectly. The sound that exhaust can make under heavy braking is spot on, exactly as I heard both cars running in Austin last month. It's also pretty quick & solid on the track.
Idk, it gets a little bit of wheelspin in 2nd gear, but other than that it's very planted and behaves very well. Playing no assists here.

That's what I used to say until I how Turn 10 delivered like clockwork, then I saw the last car packs of F5 including the Nurb and jumped ship.

You will succumb, it's just a matter of time muahahaha!

why abandon ship,.. just make your port bigger for 2 ships or more :dunce:

why abandon ship,.. just make your port bigger for 2 ships or more :dunce:

That's what I thought it would happen and was the situation for a little while. The problem came when I got back to PD's ship and could realize how bad it sounded, also what seemed to look great just looked like from 2002 which is partially true anyway. So yes, with that and then the A.I. which reminded of a zombie show it just killed GT for me.

The final nail in the coffin was when my TX wheel arrived, I took my trusty DFGT off my playseat, mounted the TX and the ps3 started gathering dust. In the end it wasn't that quick, still I did abandon that ship.

Idk, it gets a little bit of wheelspin in 2nd gear, but other than that it's very planted and behaves very well. Playing no assists here.
Didn't say it wasn't. However, it is a challenging car to get through much slower corners when you have to come down into 1st, otherwise it'll lag through 2nd until the boost comes in & possibly lights up the rears anyway.

I wouldn't really call me driving "driven properly" :P. My replay is up on the Rivals R Class Lime Rock board, it should be easy to find so long as we're friends already on XBL. We are, right? I feel like we are! :lol:

I lock the brakes up a bit, and I imagine it's too short to get a full idea of the car, but it's a start. I should have Gold reinstated tomorrow, so I could maybe share something in-game a bit better soon. A good comparison would be the BMW's or Capri in the Group 5 challenge though; if you're comfortable with them, I'd say the experience at the Glen is very similar, with a bump up in speed and acceleration.

Hey yes we are, I checked your lap time in rivals and you were 4 seconds quicker than my initial effort. After about 16 laps including many off road trips I managed to get whithin 4 and half tenths of your lap which is still a lot considering it is a short track. I can match you pretty much (with effort) up until the bend that ends up on a hill, after that you are gone. I have no idea how to tackle the last two turns without going wide.

I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the car but I would still not call easy by any means, as soon as I lose my attention for a micro second the rear wheels are gone and I'm facing the wrong direction.

Edit: because damn typos!

Why is the P952 Caparo in my R880 Hypercar races?

Not that its actually any good as it seriously lacks straight line speed.

Back