Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
Almost posted this as tasteful. If the bolts weren't there, I would of risked.
dkubus-c107-450slc-mercedes-benz-rear-overfenders.jpg

dkubus-c107-450slc-mercedes-benz-front-end-widebody.jpg

I certainly would drive it.

I also got this little bastard.
xwVXFbE8.jpg

DcgsFNod.jpg

Prior to the whole Rocket Bunny and Liberty Walk thing it would be...fine. I mean flares can be functional. But I have the nagging suspicion that thing gets trailered everywhere it goes and the owner was flipping out over his brand new tires touching that dirty pavement.

SLC though...

Almost posted this as tasteful. If the bolts weren't there, I would of risked.
dkubus-c107-450slc-mercedes-benz-rear-overfenders.jpg

dkubus-c107-450slc-mercedes-benz-front-end-widebody.jpg

The SLC did have plenty of both rally and circuit experience, often with bolt on wide arches and a deep front air dam. The wheels are of a larger diameter and style to in period, but they do suit it.

As much as i want to dislike it, i find i can't. 👍

Now see that's a little different. I wonder if that's before or after the car's state a few posts above.

Now see that's a little different. I wonder if that's before or after the car's state a few posts above.

Are they even the same car? Could it not just be two similar SLC's built by dkubus? - The car in the StanceWorks pics has a rear exit exhaust, where as the racing one has a side exit one for starters.

*edit* It is the same car. It was a rolling test-bed/racer to begin with, then they decided to bring it back to a road car. From their Instagram:

Thanks for all the support guys, for the last 10 Years "Betty" has been racing and testing new components (hence all the crazy stickers) however soon she will be stripped of all the decals and get her carpets put back in and another seat so that she can once again be driven on the streets...

I gotta agree, it's pretty questionable lol. It might have just been the fact that growing up in East L.A, you tend to see a lot of people try to mimic the low rider style with all kinds of dumb cars, that it becomes just as much a nuisance as the ricers :lol:

I see nothing awesome about this.

Last edited:
SVX
How unfortunate I guess, not sure what else to say towards the response to my tongue in cheek opinion
Why is it unfortunate? Different strokes for different folks. No need to take it to heart because its a differing opinion.

Why is it unfortunate? Different strokes for different folks. No need to take it to heart because its a differing opinion.

Just sick of all the complaining that goes on in this forum.

SVX
Just sick of all the complaining that goes on in this forum.
Complaining? Im not sure I see what you're talking about. I explained why I didn't like it, with a light-hearted response, about the fact that I see similar styling on odd cars so much(given my location) that I don't see what's appealing about it. Because you want to label every differing opinion as complaining is the issue I'm seeing.

Complaining? Im not sure I see what you're talking about. I explained why I didn't like it, with a light-hearted response, about the fact that I see similar styling on odd cars so much(given my location) that I don't see what's appealing about it. Because you want to label every differing opinion as complaining is the issue I'm seeing.

Mine was light hearted too. Both were. It's just the constant "that's not tasteful!" "I don't like this!", which sure, isn't bad if it's constructive but often it doesn't add anything to the thread - like for instance posting something that the 'complainer' finds tasteful themselves.

I was quite salty towards you and I apologise but it never feels like something is posted anymore in a lot of this forum. Just one member consistently berated for whatever is posted.

SVX
Mine was light hearted too. Both were. It's just the constant "that's not tasteful!" "I don't like this!", which sure, isn't bad if it's constructive but often it doesn't add anything to the thread - like for instance posting something that the 'complainer' finds tasteful themselves.

I was quite salty towards you and I apologise but it never feels like something is posted anymore in a lot of this forum. Just one member consistently berated for whatever is posted.
Its a thread about posting pictures of cars that are odd. What exactly would be a constructive retort? Nothing I say, positive or negative, is going to change any outcome or help any situation in a thread like this. If you are going to post something, than you're saying I can only disagree if I post something that I like in return? Yet I can agree freely even if that's not constructive either?

This is a pointless discussion as I'm sure you're aware that I'm not one to do that often. Ill post on what I like, and ill post on what I don't like. Stop taking it as a personal attack.

Its a thread about posting pictures of cars that are odd. What exactly would be a constructive retort? Nothing I say, positive or negative, is going to change any outcome or help any situation in a thread like this. If you are going to post something, than you're saying I can only disagree if I post something that I like in return? Yet I can agree freely even if that's not constructive either?

This is a pointless discussion as I'm sure you're aware that I'm not one to do that often. Ill post on what I like, and ill post on what I don't like. Stop taking it as a personal attack.

My previous post was talking about it as a general comment towards the forum, not this particular thread.

It's japan it has to be amazing bro.

Back