Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,522 comments
IMG_1423.JPG

What do you expect from a face like this?

Something we all will eventually hate for one reason in our lives.

That Merecedes looks better than a lot of stuff posted in tasteful mods anyways.
110%. I don't like it because of the flares--it's simply my preference that cars don't have them, particularly cars that I appreciate--but it has an air of functionality about it whether it's used to its potential or not. It's not slammed on giant wheels with o-rings for tires and that can't be anything but good.

Do you suppose somebody got profoundly lucky with the location of the firewall in relation to the front axle centerline, or is it more likely the oil pan was modified to allow the front differential to be relocated to suit the swap?

It's not really that odd. Bosozoku modifications aren't too rare in Japan.

Eeeh it depends on your opinion of the meaning of the thread. Neither are itashas but they've been posted in the past.

Only thing odd about that is the taste of anime ;)

SVX
Eeeh it depends on your opinion of the meaning of the thread. Neither are itashas but they've been posted in the past.

Only thing odd about that is the taste of anime ;)

Possibly, but others aren't too fond of the modications that are in Japan y'know, anybody would bump into one in google and would find as odd alright.

It's really not odd, but I don't think an engine modification can be tasteful (while it can definitely be questionable). I suppose some out there may know why this is special:

SAM_4762_zps88989d11.jpg

Arden made 8-port heads for Minis and Austins, that's three more than they had standard.

8port2.gif

instead of

Classic-Mini-A-Series-Race-Cylinder-head-_1.jpg

(That's two intake and three exhaust, all on the firewall side of the head.)

Not sure looking at most of the thread, that can really be called Odd (to me anyway), unless we're going off the "That just looks weird without this" factor as opposed to the usual homemade madness.

Back