Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,522 comments
Well I hope this fits here.
innotech-aspiron-1.jpg

This is a high-powered Corvette. Confusing, yes? Well, I have just the salvation, a link.

http://www.diseno-art.com/news_content/2013/07/innotech-aspiron/

It doesn't even look like questionable but I don't think it's that tasteful. It looks like a track toy, and I'd drive it.

Also, @MedigoFlame Nice find. That Celica looks great muddy too~

That's a Corvette? Or just a chassis from one?

I reckon it won't be long until LS swapped RX-7s are posted...

I also hope this worls too because, I can't stand riced Civic, but this a bit close yet far from Tasteful. I'll tell why.
Honda-Civic-2000-Modified-picture.jpg

You see, this car looks alright, but there's things that can make it less tasteful, yet still decident. The hood and the spoiler, While I don't want them on civic, the more I stare at it, I think they somehow fit. I guess if you put a spoiler on a hatch civic, it might just work...also, eyelid covers.

I just think it's a bit odd to have a spoiler or that hood on a civic, they usually would be ricer stuff, but this Civic doesn't look bad. Sorry if doesn't fit here, trying to kill boredom before I jump ship for tonight.

SVX
I think you misunderstand the thread.

You definitely misunderstood the thread. Pay attention to the rest of the mods done. That interior is gutted, race bucket seats, the lip & spoiler are in polished carbon, etc. I think there's a reasonable chance that owner puts that car through its paces.

But, to be fair, the Caparo looks like a cheaply built knockoff of something else--and what does it cost?

I've always had a fondness for the whole short bus thing:

52624579_b644b6b470_z.jpg

Not feeling the flared front arches, though.

Yeah but one is built by a respectable group of British engineers and actually has touted performance (and also comes open top) for 400k, while the posted car looks like a riveted chopped up something with Vette parts under it. But if people appreciate that type of thing...more power to them. Point is that car doesn't count for this thread if it was built/manufactured that way to begin with.

I've noticed Abarath 500s are becoming popular cars to modify in different and unique ways. Which is pretty cool, I don't like them in stock form but some slightly modded ones have made me take a second look before.

Particularly when done well--as that one has been.

IMG_4773.JPG
I quite like the squat look. Looks a lot like a B4 80 Coupe/S2 from that angle.

hsv
I quite like the squat look. Looks a lot like a B4 80 Coupe/S2 from that angle.
To be honest, I don't think that looks too bad.
To each their own, certainly. As far as I'm concerned, the A-pillar and C-pillar (or whichever supports the backlight) angles should only be retained when the roof isn't too terribly long before the modification--it works great for pickups and coupes of the 30s and 40s, and even better for those cars that don't have aggressive pillar angles to begin with. The 500 is so exceptional in my eyes because, not only was the roof not that long before, but they still went to the trouble of tipping the windshield back.

Okay, after such failure of yesterday except my beetl e porsche, or rather, that I found...

I think I got something.
1078730_542670169127552_1671416429_o.jpg

1077484_542670215794214_265857851_o.jpg

That's a Fiat 500. With a hand-formed metal widebody and an EK9 B16B swap That's right, a Civic Type-R engine, for the fans of V-TEC. It does 9,000rpm and 187hp. And for those asking aswell, the wing is actually functional, since it's difficult to take advantage of CD vortices with such a short wheelbase.

Now this is a crazy ride. More info down here. http://honda-tech.com/general-discu...-500-widebody-b16b-civic-type-r-swap-3159111/

EDIT: Damn I'm on a roll! Found a FB RX-7 TA. That's right, Time-Attack and this looks crazy already.
0c8a885d11f9642c3971f80f4a3158b7.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, after such failure of yesterday except my beetl e porsche, or rather, that I found...

I think I got something.
1078730_542670169127552_1671416429_o.jpg

1077484_542670215794214_265857851_o.jpg

That's a Fiat 500. With a hand-formed metal widebody and an EK9 B16B swap That's right, a Civic Type-R engine, for the fans of V-TEC. It does 9,000rpm and 187hp. And for those asking aswell, the wing is actually functional, since it's difficult to take advantage of CD vortices with such a short wheelbase.

Now this is a crazy ride. More info down here. http://honda-tech.com/general-discu...-500-widebody-b16b-civic-type-r-swap-3159111/

EDIT: Damn I'm on a roll! Found a FB RX-7 TA. That's right, Time-Attack and this looks crazy already.
0c8a885d11f9642c3971f80f4a3158b7.jpg

how are either of these odd.

SVX
Too bad it's not the tasteful mods thread!
How's that unfortunate? My point is that this may well be the best place for them if not the imports thread. I didn't say I don't like them, either.

How's that unfortunate? My point is that this may well be the best place for them if not the imports thread. I didn't say I don't like them, either.

It's unfortunate because it means you're not complaining about something being posted in the tasteful mods thread because you don't like it like you usually do.

Back