Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,522 comments
SVX
not complaining about something being posted in the tasteful mods thread
Check that--not complaining at all. Kindly refer to the context, would you? You're correct anyway; I'm not complaining about something being posted in the tasteful mods thread.
SVX
like you usually do
Is that particular bug so far up your butt that it's bothering you months after the last occurrence?

SVX
To answer you bluntly, sure.
Well, bluntly, that's your problem--try a colonic. Seeing as you only chose to respond to that question, and you indeed responded, I think it's pretty well wrapped up.

0401vwt_10z+1968_Volkswagen_Type_III_Pickup+Rear_Passenger_Side.jpg

Okay. I'm only gonna post one since I lost my touch but I probably posted this at questionable thread months ago. I wouldn't necessarily say questionable, because If I recall correct, when such car was on that thread, it seems to have a lot of likes since it was so well done. So here you go, you lot.

1972-porsche-914-converted-to-pickup-truck-by-troutman-barnes_100437028_m.jpg

Is it odd? Yes. Does it work on the 914? Absolutely. Essentially, any UTE that works, goes here so, no loss here.

Okay. I'm only gonna post one since I lost my touch but I probably posted this at questionable thread months ago. I wouldn't necessarily say questionable, because If I recall correct, when such car was on that thread, it seems to have a lot of likes since it was so well done. So here you go, you lot.

Is it odd? Yes. Does it work on the 914? Absolutely. Essentially, any UTE that works, goes here so, no loss here.
Looks shopped.

I've posted it there, but primarily because it was a 914-6 that they chose to do it to. It's done exceptionally well, though--original production quality.

porsche-914-pickup12.jpg

http://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-914/pick-up-truck/
Looks shopped.
See above.

SVX
My bad. I'll tone it down now, was having a bad day (not that it's an excuse to do that) that day so sorry everyone and @TexRex.
It wasn't entirely unfounded, so it's quite all right. But, for the record, I made my comment with regards to the "where does it belong?" quandary rather than the implication that it was tasteful and my desire to disagree. While I wholly believe that, had it been placed in that particular thread, I wouldn't have been the only one to say something (nor the first, for that matter)--that wasn't the point I was getting at. This is the most appropriate place for the vehicle in question; if not the general imports thread.

I would probably copy everyone else and post another of those Icelandic trucks but I got something different....

...This would be questionable, but judging how it looks so well, I think this works just fine!
miata-c.jpg

Odd? Yes. Does looks awesome? To me it does so, works for me!

I jsut hope I do'nt get screamed at again, i just want to look cool aswell like everyone else...:nervous:

EDIT: Okay, JUST TO MAKE SURE. In case the first pic fails, I have backup.
example_yanki_style.jpg

A Bosozoku Datsun. I haven't seen much bosozoku cars look THIS good.

Last edited:
Might aswell post more while I'm at it.
608a5987cb146f4810821fd4e6200c8a.jpg

You're seeing this right, while it's an old put from almost a decade....this my friends, is an ofroad Citroen 2CV. Gorgeous ain't it. I would've posted that in tasteful but, 2CV's aren't exactly a fave for most people.

Alright, finally! I'm on a roll to post actually awesome cars!

Number one, a Mad Max styled car! Take it away, Savanna RX7!
24164911463_large.jpg

And this was at SEMA 2014, half of me says questionable, my other saying awesome stuff. Never seen a Bosozoku Mustang in my life, ever. Well, times changed.
IMG_4727_Ford-Mustang-Hot-Wheels.jpg

SEMA03.jpg

So oddly modified that it looks so freaking awesome.

I have no idea what makes that Bosozoku.

On the rally note, I'm not sure why a car with a hugely successful rally pedigree built to a set of FIA regs is "oddly modified" - I think a lot of people are forgetting the purpose of the thread. Things that seem odd for their intended discipline fit well into the "I can't believe they raced it" thread, which could house the RGT 997 at a push... but I'm still surprised by how many people are surprised by the sight a 911 doing stage rallying.

I'm still in love with the Bogey Evo:

attachment.php

swevo-brands-TA.jpg

Another Mad Max styled car, this time, it's MCM's Silvia.
xiPGUp1.jpg

ag3H805.png

I also found this, some JDM car...looks intriguing.
PfY3wRDsOYw.jpg

And last, this widebody Silvia.
cbbea064a643199cb6df6fe9557e257d.jpg

At first I didn't feel it, but when I looked more, the black color and that large spoiler, this Silvia is somewhat crazy and I like it. Though the hood I amnot sure if like but eh.

One more!
bugatti__replica_on_2cv_base_1989_2_lgw.jpg

This is a Bugatti replica...on a Citroen 2CV base. I'm not joking! On a 2cv base...now that is just impressive.

Last edited:
And last, this widebody Silvia.
cbbea064a643199cb6df6fe9557e257d.jpg

The others, sure, but this S15 looks pretty normal (in terms of modding) to me. Lots of people, especially drift cars and track cars are widebody; I'm guessing this Silvia is one of the two.

Back