Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
When you want a Land Rover but you don't want to sacrifice Mercedes luxury, but you also think just four wheels is simply not enough.

IMG_4879.jpg

Screenshot_20170712-164509.png

This would be a really, really good potato launcher. Like, for real. I do not see any other purpose for that absolutely hideous extension. :lol:

View attachment 659844

This would be a really, really good potato launcher. Like, for real. I do not see any other purpose for that absolutely hideous extension. :lol:
Seems more like a joke, than a modification. It looks like it's just sitting within the actual exhaust.

I don't know how I feel about those taillights, but I'm ok with them.

I'll admit I don't know much about these (old VW, it looks like?), but I'm struggling to find what's odd about this.
1973-Volkswagen-1600-Squareback-Wagon.+-+01.jpg
Porsche_911E_ca_1969.jpg

How about now? I suppose a fastback may have been used, rather than the squareback shown above, but it still would have required a significant amount of work. Mind, it's not as "simple" as a roof swap; the nose has been heavily modified and the rear arches have been pulled forward to match the 911 door cutout.

Last edited:
00c0c_cShJmboNl4X_1200x900.jpg

00101_eyhUZCvsdjl_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_bHBN2GeTsUZ_1200x900.jpg

This 1974 Triumph Spitfire underwent a very bizarre parts swap. The engine (a 2.8L V6) and transmission are from a 1993 Chevrolet S10.

I'm sorry but that looks more questionable than odd. Sure, I guess it counts but, what did the poor Spitfire deserve to have that? What *even* happened with that is what I need to know.

I'm sorry but that looks more questionable than odd. Sure, I guess it counts but, what did the poor Spitfire deserve to have that? What *even* happened with that is what I need to know.
Well it looks like it was set to rot away in a scrapheap so I'd say this is an improvement.

Back