Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
Nothing odd. Back in the days they were used quite common in rallying in most countries. If i remember right coupes had better body structure for rallying.

Yep. Trueno hatches are the better track car due to the best aerodynamic profile too.

Replica Metro 6R4 fitted with a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa engine.
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG

You could argue coachbuilts aren't modified, but assuming they are, pillarless hardtops were very uncommon in 1935. This example is a Bentley 3-1/2 liter car by J Gurney Nutting.

autowp.ru_bentley_3_1_2_litre_sports_saloon_by_gurney_nutting_2.jpeg
autowp.ru_bentley_3_1_2_litre_sports_saloon_by_gurney_nutting_1.jpeg

Door window appears to overlap quarter glass, likely relying on movement and coverage from the drip rails to keep rain out (probably comparable to roadsters of the time in terms of waterproofing).

Clearly a VW front beam, which makes me wonder if it's got an aircooled VW engine/trans (since Fiats with that swap aren't exactly new).
I don't know. I've tried to find some more info on it but there seems to be only this one picture. :indiff:

The bolt pattern appears to be the same, and it could be 4x130, but it's hard to tell and those don't look like any 4x130 off-road wheels I've seen. They might be widened/stepped stockers with the windows welded shut, but that seems unlikely. It's also much easier to convert the front rotors/hubs to match the rear if the rear uses something from another vehicle.

The thing that gets me most about that Phantom is that its twincharged. That little HKS supercharger is so hidden down in there. I wonder what the power and torque curves look like.

The bolt pattern appears to be the same, and it could be 4x130, but it's hard to tell and those don't look like any 4x130 off-road wheels I've seen. They might be widened/stepped stockers with the windows welded shut, but that seems unlikely. It's also much easier to convert the front rotors/hubs to match the rear if the rear uses something from another vehicle.

Checked the vehicle's registration, it is (was?) a Beetle.

For anyone wondering, 350 stands for the horsepower developed by the 4C engine behind the seats. All the changed bodypanels are out of CF and it has pushrod suspension front and rear.

All this can be yours for a mere 150k€.;)

These modifications are as far from typical was you can get. This is a Volvo Amazon powered by a turbocharged BMW V8, and has the driveline of a Nissan GT-R. It uses almost none of the original Volvo parts. However, it's incredibly fast (and street legal, too) rated at 750 horsepower and weighs 1350 kg.

Back