Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
Points for originality...

Whoever would have thought to take a small Japanese sports car and put a Ferrari V8 in it?

Last edited:
33867112733_1718970fb0_b.jpg

I normally don't go for swaps, as I just love the air-cooled Volkswagen engine, but this V8 is air-cooled as well and is still mounted in the rear. The fenders and color combination are, however, atrocious.

50e.jpg
50b.jpg
50d.jpg
50c.jpg

Not finished, but you can tell it's definitely not your typical E-Type...

rotary-etype-jordanbutters-speedhunters-1-1200x801.jpg

rotary-etype-jordanbutters-speedhunters-21-1200x801.jpg

rotary-etype-jordanbutters-speedhunters-18-1200x801.jpg

rotary-etype-jordanbutters-speedhunters-17-1200x801.jpg

Seen this build, certainly different, and by the looks of things so far, it's being done properly; i.e. not "stanced" with load of Camber

Also, is it bad that I really quite like it?

My choice of word(s) was probably not the best. What I mean is, that it's not stanced in the way that it's just dropped into the earth and given absurd amounts of camber, as many a typically stanced car can, and often is.
Any lower and the wheels would be popping out of the fenders.

Any lower and the wheels would be popping out of the fenders.

Granted it's very low, but it's not stupidly low, or at least I think not. Certainly not as ridiculously low as many a "Stance Nation" car often is, a-la exhibit A:

Stance nation merc.jpg

But that's just how I view it, different strokes for different folks and what not.

Granted it's very low, but it's not stupidly low, or at least I think not. Certainly not as ridiculously low as many a "Stance Nation" car often is, a-la exhibit A:

View attachment 655792

But that's just how I view it, different strokes for different folks and what not.

It's literally just as low, if not worse, since this is static while most of the cars that are that low are on air bags.

View attachment 655792

Because it looks like it physically can't get that low :lol: Look how much front fender they had to chop just to get it sitting like it is. It's definitely taking on a stance-like build.

It's literally just as low, if not worse, since this is static while most of the cars that are that low are on air bags.

Ahh, didn't see it from that angle :lol:. Looking at the front, it is really quite low, any lower and it would be coming out the front wing, as @ImaRobot said :lol:. Looks to have a little positive rake, which may explain why, from the images above, it doesn't look as low at the back from what I saw.

Still, I stand by my word, as it still looks better that most of the other stanced cars, more so due to the lack of excessive camber than the very low ride height, since the camber is my main gripe. Plus I think it helps with the E-Types shape, and being an older car, and a more left-field choice for such a build compared to most.

Also, @ImaRobot, of course, this certainly appears to be a stance build, whereby the owner wants to achieve a certain "stance" with their E-Type. It's just that it appears to a bit different in the sense that, for now at least, it isn't being bundled with tonnes of camber, plus it's an odd/unique choice of car for such a build. And of course, to achieve such a low ride height, guess it'd be inevitable that body work would have to be carried out, like cutting into wings etc.

I don't necessarily have an issue with them being really low, some cars look better than others, this E-Type being one such case, it's mainly the camber that I have an issue with.

Last edited:
As someone who isn't partial to an E-Type, apart from the unloved S3 V12s, I can't wait to see what becomes of that one. It appears to have cured the awful knock kneed look of the regular car for starters.

Back