Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
This MR-2.

ev82cklffct31.jpg
That MR2 is rad AF! I cant imagine how small the front tires have to be to not hit the body though.

Don't mean to be a buzzkill, but I'm getting strong PS vibes from it. A lot of the modified areas are fuzzy, chiefly the vent aft of the front bumper.
I can't tell if it's real or not. There's nothing that stands out to me as being a Photoshop job. If it is, it's a bloody good one.

Wasnt really sure where to put this. It is very odd though. AWD swapped LS powered 1971 Firebird built by Ken Blocks lead mechanic, Gregg Hamilton.
Three years ago Gregg started building a second Firebird he could drive without fear of damaging the finish. He started with a 1971 Firebird Formula that previously sat for a decade in Las Vegas. Under the body he installed modified Corvette C6 subframes, custom pushrod suspension with QA1 coilovers, and C6 Z06 Corvette calipers with Wilwood rotors (6-piston front, 4-piston back). Next came a supercharged LSx V8 estimated to make 600+ hp thanks to a 5.3 L block with aftermarket crank, rods, heads, and a Weiand blower. The engine is mated to a Nissan R32 five-speed manual transmission, R33 transfer case, Q45 diff in front, and 300ZX diff in back.
https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=42504

Apparently, an Aventador is 80 inches wide, not including mirrors.

By comparison, a bog standard Espada measures in at just over six feet (73.2"). Adding a foot to each side for tires brings that to 97.2". I'm being conservative here, eliminating any gap between tire and sheetmetal because I simply don't know how much gap there is, and also sort of ignoring that 345s aren't just twelve inches in width.

The current Ford Super Duty dually is 105.9" wide (unsure if that's at the mirrors or the rear fenders).

el-camino-grand-national.jpg

There are plenty of El Caminos with Regal front ends out there--and most I've seen use the turbo six--but this is the only one I've seen with front wheel arches from the Chevy grafted into the Buick fenders.
It looks factory. The interior seems to be modified accordingly too, only adding to the legitimacy of the build.

It looks factory. The interior seems to be modified accordingly too, only adding to the legitimacy of the build.
Yeah, only the "street machine" rolling stock bumps the OEM aesthetic. I don't have anything against that look but this application is just begging for a set of GN wheels.

el-camino-grand-national.jpg

There are plenty of El Caminos with Regal front ends out there--and most I've seen use the turbo six--but this is the only one I've seen with front wheel arches from the Chevy grafted into the Buick fenders.
The GN is probably the only GM I have any want to own. Mixing a GN with a Camino... damn that's something I might like to build.

Okay, now that is sexy. However I found this and honestly, glad I found this. I know you like vintage Tex, but what about having both of these?
AAsBwmtG.jpg

s0f8Qxf9.jpg

Vintage off-road. Now, this is more my style.

However, was tempted in putting this as questionable and this is growing on me, if you think this doesn't fit here, you may borrow it and put it in questionable.
82297098_3198885876794613_71068999940571136_o.jpg

Last edited:
Me being a form over function guy finds it hard to say (and maybe a bit hypocritical), but I just don't like the face mounted split wheel look. I understand why the did it in racing, but I just don't like the look. It is something i've been seeing in the VW scene a lot the last years and I hope it goes away.

Examples:
IMG_1993.jpg

33900676861_a5e222af12_b.jpg
Foto30-04-18122236.jpeg
DSC05169.jpg

Last edited:
Back