Odd Modifications Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,524 comments
R34 with an R35 front end:

arv51uqotc831.jpg

Chevrolet S10 converted into a late-60s C10. Most of these conversions tend to be sloppy, but this one is actually well done!

Mercedes-Benz W108 "600" conversion. Strange but cool.

tumblr_pucca4pwsj1ti77kbo2_640.jpg

tumblr_pucca4pwsj1ti77kbo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pucca4pwsj1ti77kbo4_1280.jpg

Hardly tasteful in appearance aside from the color but I gotta admire the machination of this particular MX-3, which happens to not only be a bimotore, but also a bimotore with switchable drivetrain due to the way it works and 900 hp combined to boot.

Switchable drivetrain because, if car enthusiasts like manual transmissions in cars, this is double the liking because of the double manual per engine.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Incidentally, one of the few AWD cars technically, anyway to allow for AWD burnouts.
unknown.png

Next thing you know, the guy's going to make a real Hawker Mech

That said, I do imagine that it wouldn't be very good to keep it out in the rain

Telford_Lake_and_TD.jpg
GD618ABP3.5-1.jpg

The above modification isn't particularly odd. I love them to death, but no, earlier MG T-series Midgets with articulating cycle fenders mounted to the brake drum backing plate (green car) or cycle "wings" affixed to the chassis (blue car) are so common that they're bordering on cliché.

Thing is...I've never seen them on anything newer than a TD. I get it, the TF had headlight nacelles in the fenders and only the top half of the grill shell is meant to be seen; it would be very difficult, but that speedy front end is just begging for a similar treatment.

11630454.jpg

Outwardly, the modification to this Škoda 1000 MB is nothing but questionable...

48288293582_e7f0046caf_b.jpg
48288294332_ef2211c445_b.jpg

...but its 988cc four-pot has been swapped out for a...

...2.5L air-cooled Tatra V8.
48345660337_fc637dc7c9_b.jpg

I really wish the single spoiler box wouldn't split into two like that.
That's just awesome. It's such a wacky modification and I love it.

A mid-engined Ford EXP Turbo

I beleive this article to be somewhat incorrect, I have not yet found the proof, but I seem to recall this being on display at the Ford Museum (or possibly the Spirit of Ford exhibit across the street) with the information that this was the test mule that became the RS200

I beleive this article to be somewhat incorrect, I have not yet found the proof, but I seem to recall this being on display at the Ford Museum (or possibly the Spirit of Ford exhibit across the street) with the information that this was the test mule that became the RS200
Not so sure about that since the EXP in the photo is an ‘85 (you could tell by the headlights) and the Rs200 came out a year prior. But I could be wrong.

Back