Official car list. Complete w/ PI 482+cars +31 DLC +17 Unicorns

• Thread starter zr1chris
  • 2,282 comments
Ryan81
^ Unless they can be purchased on XBL for a fee. But we've also got all the unicorns, too. I just think it would have been so much more 'honest' if you like from T10 to make these extra 25 cars available to EVERYONE in a standard version of the game, including the 5 preorder exclusives which is just BS imo.
As it is, those who can't afford the LCE will have to settle for 25 cars less which is just wrong imo because they will not be able to experience everything the game has to offer. Luckily, I can afford the LCE but there are others who can't.

Who cares. I didn't get the chrome line or stealth model cars from GT5; and they will most likely NEVER release them to everyone else.

At least with Forza you have the ability to purchase these cars via DLC or the Ultimate Edition. No one makes you pick up the LCE. Quite honestly if you cannot afford the $20.00 increase over the standard edition, then you probably shouldn't own an XBOX / LIVE to begin with.

And the unicorns you can win on the auction house (which is much easier on Forza 4) or be gifted them by T10 staff JUST FOR PARTICIPATING in community events. I have never won / participated in community events (I joined the Forza 3 scene late) and I still have a unicorn JUST FOR PRE-ORDERING.

Do you really think that because someone has 25 less cars (which they won't) that they will have a completely different experience with the game? Lol.

So, quit complaining. Especially if you don't know what you are talking about.

^ Unless they can be purchased on XBL for a fee. But we've also got all the unicorns, too. I just think it would have been so much more 'honest' if you like from T10 to make these extra 25 cars available to EVERYONE in a standard version of the game, including the 5 preorder exclusives which is just BS imo.
As it is, those who can't afford the LCE will have to settle for 25 cars less which is just wrong imo because they will not be able to experience everything the game has to offer. Luckily, I can afford the LCE but there are others who can't.

Then what would be the point of an LCE? Just to get vip status, a book, and a metal case? That wouldn't be worth $20. Everything that the LCE comes with in terms of cars will be available to everyone at some point unless i'm missing something. The Muscle cars will be available day one and the vip pack most likely down the line at some point.

There is a difference concerning the GT5 Stealth models and Forza's DLC. The Stealth models were nothing more than painted versions or slight design variations of the same cars you already had in the game. These 25 cars are all unique (with perhaps the exception of the BMW Art Pack, excluding the 2012 M5)

Then what would be the point of an LCE? Just to get vip status, a book, and a metal case? That wouldn't be worth $20. Everything that the LCE comes with in terms of cars will be available to everyone at some point unless i'm missing something. The Muscle cars will be available day one and the vip pack most likely down the line at some point.

Exactly. For die-hard fanatics, the 100 page book, vip status etc would have been sufficient. I'm only getting the LCE because of those 5 VIP cars in reality. Ok, the book will be a nice addition but nothing major. I think T10 know that most people are only getting the LCE because of the VIP pack. I mean, it only has the fastest car on the planet in it, along with the only Noble in the game. So, no VIP pack, no Noble and 1 less car manufacturer to choose from. They are sly foxes, no doubt. Who knows if the VIP pack will be available? Yeah, the FM3 one was but there is no guarantee that this one will be, particularly after the uproar when they made the F3 VIP pack available on XBL from those who bought the LCE.

I don't know what to tell you Ryan. $20 wouldn't be worth a book and a special cover and a little crown next to my name if you ask me. I know i'm not worried about it because I have had the LCE preordered since June 30th. :D

Ryan81
There is a difference concerning the GT5 Stealth models and Forza's DLC. The Stealth models were nothing more than painted versions or slight design variations of the same cars you already had in the game. These 25 cars are all unique (with perhaps the exception of the BMW Art Pack, excluding the 2012 M5)

Again, you can get these cars as DLC. The VIP pack for Forza 3 is available on the Live Marketplace.... so, chances are.....

And unicorns are not impossible to obtain. You are even GIFTED unicorns if you owned the cars in Forza 3.

Yes you are missing 2 things that I already mentioned a few times. If you are a VIP T10 will send you FREE random cars that no one else can get. Plus you will be higher on in the AH. And if you dont like the cars they send you, you can sell them for quite a bit of money. I dont remember which car it was in F3 but T10 sent one car to everyone for free that was worth several million dollars.

So if you are a VIP you will be getting free cars that others cant and wont ever be able to get. Plus as I said, you are placed at the very top of the auction house. If you are not a VIP you are much much lower on the AH list. If you have a car for sale for 1 million and a VIP member also has a car for 1 million, he will be placed above you. Which means people will see the VIP cars first. Which means that VIP will probably sell his car faster than yours. And if there are a bunch of VIP cars similar to yours, people will see all of those first before they see yours.

Those were a couple things that I left out but I just didn't find it worth mentioning imo. Yeah they are nice little extra's but I still wouldn't be paying $20 extra for that. The cars that we get are only in-game cars with special liveries and tunes. As for being higher up in the auction house. I don't think it's that huge of a deal. I usually run a search when I go on the auction house for a particular car or brand and usually run through the entire list in most cases. I don't disagree with you and I can see why some people would be willing to pay extra for that. I just think the LCE would take a bit of a hit in sales if that's all it gave. Just my personal take on those 2 features.

Last edited:
CAMAROBOY69
Yes you are missing 2 things that I already mentioned a few times. If you are a VIP T10 will send you FREE random cars that no one else can get. Plus you will be higher on in the AH. And if you dont like the cars they send you, you can sell them for quite a bit of money. I dont remember which car it was in F3 but T10 sent one car to everyone for free that was worth several million dollars.

So if you are a VIP you will be getting free cars that others cant and wont ever be able to get. Plus as I said, you are placed at the very top of the auction house. If you are not a VIP you are much much lower on the AH list. If you have a car for sale for 1 million and a VIP member also has a car for 1 million, he will be placed above you. Which means people will see the VIP cars first. Which means that VIP will probably sell his car faster than yours. And if there are a bunch of VIP cars similar to yours, people will see all of those first before they see yours.

Which is the point entirely of VIP status.

Honestly, if people have a problem with how T10 handles their DLC then they can go play another game which has no guarantee of DLC and they have to wait 10 months even for an announcement that some type of DLC is coming.

Amazing that people complain over scheduled DLC and bonuses more than they do the lack of.

And the free cars that you are talking about are Forza liveried / T10 tuned cars. These are available in the dealership with no upgrades / livery. But, since there is an upgrade shop, tuning, and livery editor....

OT

In particular I am interested in electric cars. Volt is full electric for 35 miles or so then it kicks into hybrid mode. I saw a Volt in person in orlando, fl a few weeks ago but they wouldn't let us even get in it let alone drive it :ouch:

I drove one at the IAA in Frankfurt the other week. You're not missing out on much... A lot of fancy graphics from the dash but it drives like a Chevy Cruze minus the noise :)

DLC this, LCE that... I think it's highly annoying. I'll probably wait for an Ultimate Edition until I buy it, especially as I would have to buy a new Fanatec for it as well.

Who cares. I didn't get the chrome line or stealth model cars from GT5; and they will most likely NEVER release them to everyone else.

It's entirely possible, since the same silly different-bonus-car-depending-on-preorder-location issue was around for GTPSP, and they eventually released all of those cars to everyone for free. This Spec 2.0 update may just do that.

I'll admit I don't like these situations, where I'm forced to miss out on a few cars because of different stores, but I don't see the problem with the LCE having extra cars compared to the regular game. Exclusive content is way more important to me for special editions than a fancy case and a book; I'm buying a game, afterall, spending more on it means I want more... game.

That said, people are free to complain about the situation if they don't like it; it's not your place to tell them what they can or can't complain about.

/drool

getphotofinaly.jpg

FM3 had 400 at launch and 500 after all DLC. FM4 is starting out with 500 and should end up having 600 after all the DLC has been released.

482? I don't understand the big deal. Not a fanboi at all, actually I hate SONY for being such a low life, steal your info, bait and switch bunch of liars, but the GT5 has over 1100 and I currently have over 1500 cars with a few dupes.
Just saying I don't thing 482 cars is a big deal...

1Fast335i
482? I don't understand the big deal. Not a fanboi at all, actually I hate SONY for being such a low life, steal your info, bait and switch bunch of liars, but the GT5 has over 1100 and I currently have over 1500 cars with a few dupes.

You have 200 with high quality graphics and interiors. We have 500 at launch with confirmed DLC at 10 cars per month for 1 year. Do the math.

Regardless, this is not a GT5 vs. Forza thread.

So, keep your flame bait out of here.

Just for the sake of objectivity, anyone with Forza's car list could have 1500 dupes easily if they bought enough cars and created/bought enough liveries or saved tunes with different appearance upgrades/wheels/engine swaps etc, etc.

Personally, I don't look at GT5's car list and think "Wowwwwwwwwww, 1034 mother******* cars OMFG!!!!!!!!" because I know that a LOT of those are practically identical (Skylines anyone?) and racing cars with nothing more than different liveries. Take the Chevy Impala Nascar- same car with about 6 or 7 different paintjobs. In reality, one car. Or any number of SuperGT cars. Or concept cars which have their real life production counterparts (Nissan GT-R) I mean, who cares about the "Black Mask" and the "Tokyo Concept GT-R 2001?" Or the RX-8 Concept which is identical to the road going version?
Forza has duplicates too but confined to racing cars. I think all their road cars are unique. If you take out the Japanese duplicates, redundant concepts (I don't include the likes of the Isuzu 300R because a road version was never realised) and the racing duplicates, the real number is probably closer to 750-800 unique cars in GT5.
If you remove the duplicates in Forza, you'll still be left with probably 450 cars.

Forza 4 dosent have as many dupes as any other game. They got rid of a lot of them.
Take that to the FM vs GT, nobody cares about GT5 here.
and also, that is a lie. GT5 will probally have 500-600 "unique cars"
Get rid of the Skylines and Miatas and there is almost 100 cars gone right there.

Forza's car list has always trumped GT's car list and it's not even close.

Unicorn car list from Forzacentral.

2002 M3-GTR "Street Version" [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
1969 Camaro SS Coupe [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 430 Scuderia [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2003 Challenge Stradale [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Shelby GT500 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Mugen Civic Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 Mugen Integra Type-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2005 NSX-R GT [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2007 Gallardo Superleggera [Unicorn / Get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2007 Murciélago LP640 [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type-A [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
1993 MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2004 Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15 [image] [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]
2006 Impreza S204 [Unicorn / FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House]
2002 Top Secret 0-300 Supra [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]

Most of the unicorns are available in FM3, but can not be importet to FM4? Strange.

Nothing too spectacular there, in my opinion. They went with the usual way of making 'special' versions of cars in the game into unicorns, so whatever...

Back