Official GTP Weekly Race Series. Register now! -

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 416 comments
I'd Like to register for this i'll definatly need to improve my racing (bc im starting a Huge International procar Seires across 3 boards) and i want to give it a godd shot lol so wat do i need to do ay im hungry for some racin well catch ya next time Ciao!

Ok i looked at the first page before i posted but wasnt sure wat race i had to do if there was a race u set for new-comers so do i just do this one:

The car: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII GSR Arcade mode car only.

The track: Midfield

All you have to do is run your EVO in Arcade mode "Free Run" and using the "Racing" option (not DRIFT), record and send me your fastest 1 lap time.

or hav u got one im suposed to do to Pass??? thats waht i was meaning to ask my bad lol well if its the Evo Challenge than i'll do it Ciao!

ok thanks np i'll try an find some time asap to do it then, bc im rather busy workin on my big racin series lol well gotta run work waits for no-one lol Ciao!

Well, I've just sent off my registration lap time to boombexus, and am eagerly awaiting a reply. This looks like a terrific series with a great bunch of racers. I just finished up GT3 (100%) back in August, and have been chipping away at the Golds (28/48). I've been in spots at various boards, and a few series as well, but not on a very regular basis. I've posted a few points at Racing-line in the 400m and 1000m (I'm fine until I have to turn :lol: ), but I don't expect to be more than a mid-packer here. Hope to see y'all on the track shortly! :)

Welcome HareTurtle!

Feel free to jump in on this weeks race and I'll send you the registration info once I get home. 👍

hey boom, id like a go as well. i wanna compete so i can promote my ideas for olr championships in the olr forum( see 'just some temporary ideas' for more.

how do you guys record your lap times? would it work if i just took a picture of the screen and send it to you? cuz i dont have any ps2 to computer video stuff, or even a video camera that i could film a lap with... if I can just send a picture i'm in....

Hello all!

I've been reading around this forum, and this weekly race series seems like an awesome idea......I've completed GT3 100% now, and I'm just fiddling with settings and attempting to compile drift videos/shows.

I would like to be a part of this weekly race series competition, but all this information is overwhelming to take in all at once

Can I sign up? and can someone give me the full details of how this whole thing works?

Thanks!

oh right, and can you guys register me into the Beginner's category? thanks!

Codered_59:

Go to the Boombexus' first post in this thread to find out how to get qualified. You have to do a preliminary race to get started.

Welcome aboard
Michael K

I submitted my times via PM to boombexus...now I can't wait to see which category I qualify for! lol

oh, and one other question is that what does it mean in the rules by "no hybrids" ?

Originally posted by codered_59
oh, and one other question is that what does it mean in the rules by "no hybrids" ?
A hybrid is a car that has been modified using external software/hjardware like a gameshark or x-port. You can save and edit your garage changing the features of a car such as power, weight etc.

So is this just the thread to register for all the races, or what? I'm not doing this weeks, but I will do next weeks (which I guess starts tomorrow?).

Nope. I posted in the Week 40 race because I wasn't aware of the registration thing. Actually, I'm not quite sure I understand how all of it works. So you register here to be a part of the races, and then registered racers get a list of the times? And what about the divisions? Sorry if these questions seems a bit obvious, but I'm a bit lost and would like to be part of the racing.

when you send boom the time he will send you back the results of everyones times so you can see where you rank and in what division you are in and then you just participate in the races.

Alright, I re-read the first post. So I have to do that first ranking lap to be ranked in a certain division? I'll get right on that ASAP.

Hey Zrow, welcome to the weekly race series :)

Here's the low down.

Run the hot lap in the first post of this thread, and submit your best time to Boombexus via private message (PM). You can run the lap as many times as you like until you're happy with you're time.

Your lap time on the qualifier determines which division you'll race in from week to week. Pretty much everyone starts off in beginner division (I started there myself).

Your qualifer also qualifies you to run in the race each week (run from monday midnight until the next monday midnight, or so (depends on the time zone)).

So basically, just run the qualifier, and you're set to race.

See you next week :)

Hi guys, I've decidied it's time to start seeing just how good I really am, I've PM'd boom with the EVO's time, I could've done better but after spending hours in GT1 race cars a stock EVO feels odd. I presume Boom will PM me back what division I start in (probably beginner :) ), would I have to wait for that before I start racing?

Back