Official GTPC Team Challenge: Phantom D vs Team Empereor- Scores Posted

• Thread starter Swift
  • 167 comments
hehe...im poor and was focusing more on the GTPDC, but I don't really care if I win or not its just a game.. and plus Vision you where wrong..I put at least 5 mins into the Impreza Congrats GT4 Fan, If this was like the PD vs MD team battle I would care. Since these are new teams, Ill let it slide.

Wow we lost... =( oh well i didn't think i was that good with awd cars. Till i saw this. I think everyone knows that i usally dont drift in a AWD car. But hey i know where i'm at and it was a fun battle. I think Midntes judging may have got it to a tie but HE BLOW IT!! LOL congrats GT4Fan.

PS If you need a team come join us if you team is dead lol.. because it seems like it.

-TD

Vinsion's Scoring

Contestant #8 - White Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205) '98

The first thing I liked about this video is that the drifter seemed to hold on the drifts for a good amount of time, no cutting it short seen in this video. When I think about how much power this car is capable of, and how much it needs for drifting, I realize that this car won't even put out too much smoke, so for the amount of smoke I can see in the video, it's pretty considerable. The only real qualm I have is that the car never really gets any big angles, it seems as if the driver chose a speedier line over a showier drift in this case. Other than that...this video was good-great, I really liked how the driver succesfully combined speed and prolonged drifts, something you don't see too much of in recent times.​

Angle - 6/10
Smoke - 5/5
Control - 9/10

Contestant #24 - Slate Grey Subaru WRX Impreza

I liked this driver right from the beggining of the video, big angles, high speed, fairly good control--this driver has put some serious effort into this car. From looking at the hard feints this driver made, I can tell that this driver has some pretty unique settings on his car, not too much oversteer, not so much understeer that the drift gets hurt. The one thing that is somewhat subpar is the minimal smoke, this drifter didn't produce that much simply stated. I don't know exactly what else to say about this video, simply, it's just a very good video of some very good drifts. I also loved the music (although it didn't affect my judging, I muted the video when judging it, then watched the video later and found the sick music on it.)​

Angle - 9/10
Smoke - 3/5
Control - 9/10

Contestant #35/30 - Light Blue Misubishi Lancer Evolution VII (I believe)

Very similar to contestant #8 in style, this video wasn't too hard too judge. Style was pretty good, I can tell this person is still learning the basics. I liked the amount of angle combined with the close-to-none counsteer on a few of the turns. Smoke was ok-good at best, could've been better, but I do understand that AWD cars tend to put less smoke out than most FR cars in my experience, so no harsh penalties there (that goes for all the videos). Control was also a bit sketchy, in my opinion, it seemed as if this driver was following the hope this kind of entry makes my drift look good philosophy.​

Angle - 7/10
Smoke - 3/5
Control - 7/10

That about sums it up for this one, I'd like as a judge to thank everyone who nominated me for judging, I really enjoyed this, I'd also like to give props to G-T-4 Fan for putting in the effort to get this video out after his incompatibilty issues (by a PC, soon).

Your counsteer is like your actions, it may not follow the grain, but it may work just as well,

</Vin>

I'd like to hear input from the other judges as to how they scores the videos--this would be a good learning experience for all who visit the board, and plus, I wanna see what I overlooked anyways (I'm sure there's something).

Quadruple-Dori,

</Vin>

vinsion
I'd like to hear input from the other judges as to how they scores the videos--this would be a good learning experience for all who visit the board, and plus, I wanna see what I overlooked anyways (I'm sure there's something).

Quadruple-Dori,

</Vin>

Same here. Let's hear your thoughts gentlemen!

ToyotaDrifter
LOL, i watch a replay 3-5 times if i cant tell witch is better at one section (ex: style)
-TD

Haha, well I have to say, look at my lap number, it's 7 LOL:crazy: You two began a lap and posted it up, it TOOK ME 7 TRIES BEFORE I GOT THIS LAP!!!!:crazy::lol:

That's great guys. Seriously.

So should I change the title of the thread to something like, "Phantom D vs new Member"? :lol:

Back