Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

premium subscription to xhamster
There is another large gentleman interest site which gives you unlimited for free

I won't give links but we all know what it is. Don't deny it.

Can I make a suggestion that all people featuring in MOTW are rewarded with a rosette or something?

This is actually a good suggestion. I don't know if the forum software supports badges of any kind, but if it does...

[...]
Can I make a suggestion that all people featuring in MOTW are rewarded with premium subscription to xhamster a rosette or something?

Not sure if I can handle such a stigma...
(Your argument cuts both ways in German. Like German: "Rosette" also stands for English "anus"...)

If you mean such a thing
MOTW Auszeichnung.png

it could be helpful to show how outstanding we all are... :lol:

Been kinda off GTP for a few weeks due to excessive work so I hadn't seen the last few new guys in here. You know @nk4e, you could have tagged me and I could have brought some nachos or stuff.

EDIT: Oh and congrats everyone and all that.

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

This week's inductee is best described as someone who's best left without power for reasons you'll soon discover. He has a thing for Fooly Cooly, a great (weird) anime that's best described as "different". Welcome Custom878 to the Member of the Week madhouse!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
Why was I nominated and who authorized this terrible decision?

Seriously though, it is nice for my existence to be acknowledged, even though I'm not exactly a perfect member by any means. :P

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
Came here for the game, stayed for the community. Not often you find sites like this.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
I spent most of my time in the Cars in General and Off-Topic forums. I don't pay too much attention to Gran Turismo.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
I don't really know. My uncle just happened to own a PS2 and GT3.

5. How'd you come up with "Custom878" as your name here?
It was a dumb name I made as my PSN when I was 11. I've been meaning to change it, but I'm not sure what to choose without it being difficult for people to recognize me.

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
Gran Turismo. There's no lounge music in Forza.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
I enjoyed the older Need for Speed and Burnout games, but I haven't really been playing much lately.

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?
I kinda liked the older layout better in some ways, but I'm still fine with how it is currently. Not much to say about it really.

9. It's new year and that usually means new things are on the horizon; what do you see changing for the racing genre this year?
Flying Deloreans.

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
I don't exactly provide anything beneficial to anyone but I will talk to people if they wish.

11. I asked Ken Koios this question but I'm all about equal opportunity: did you bring the snacks? If your answer is "no", leave. Leave right now..
Sorry man, I'm broke. You're on your own.

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
Animal Crossing. You cannot be unhappy or upset in Animal Crossing. I've tried.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
You know that landmass directly west of Manhatten? Yep, it's that terrible county. Not much interesting except for a large amount of racial diversity.

Oh yeah, they filmed Snooki&JWoww here. :yuck:

14. I'm sure by now you've heard of this FPS/MMO by the name of "Destiny", and I'd like to know how long you've been playing it? If you haven't been playing it... wha, what's wrong with you?
I've never bothered to see what it was, but I have heard of it.

15. Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?
I'm a terrible artist and a terrible guitar player.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
I don't have a license yet. I'm just a dumb teenager.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
I'm not sure really. I've been playing some of the older Grand Theft Auto games recently, but I wouldn't really call them favorites.

18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
I'd abuse my power and ban everyone I'd find annoying or disrespectful before being overthrown by a rebel group. Please don't make me a moderator.

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)
I change my avatar way too much to answer this, but I choose my current one because it's from a show that I like. Don't worry, I won't nag you guys about it. It never made any sense anyway. Expect my avatar to change a lot. I get bored with them very quickly.

It's not a monkey because I don't want it to be a monkey. You got a problem with that?

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
I just go into the store and buy whatever I please. I'm not a waiting in line at midnight type of person. I have better things to do. Well, I don't but you get the idea.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up any of the current generation consoles?
I have access to a PS4, but it's not mine so I don't really play much on it.

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
To build the oldest new cars possible. Not a single daytime running light or plastic engine cover to be seen.

23. How would you measure success?
1. You are happy with who you are and what you have in life.
2. You don't work at McDonalds. You should at least make it to Burger King. :P

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
6.5/10 I'm a very unusual person.

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
Nissan 240SX. Cheap, fun, and immature, just like me.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
I don't remember what my first post was, but I do know they my early posts were just plain horrid. I don't want to get into detail.

27. When you go into an electronics store what aisle do you always find yourself in despite it having nothing to do with why you're there?
I don't really go to electronics stores much.

28. If you're a comic book or a fan of the action/adventure genre are you looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron?
I guess. I have a few hours to kill, so why not? I'm not really an obsessive fan though.

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: years, months, weeks, days, hours?
About 2 weeks. I was in Colombia and I don't like using other people's computers and stuff.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?
Not really sure about inspiring, but I tend to look up to @Aki Ishikawa, @Cano, and @Roger the Horse. They seem to be somewhat more mature than most people.

31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?
More regular cars. I'd like to be able to drive something I'd drive in real life.

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
It shall be a cross between a Hippo and a cat. It shall be named Charlie. I shall raise him into adulthood and allow him to roam free with the other Charlies.

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
I honestly have no clue. Next!

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
Nope. Anything I have participated in was either off the grid or impromptu.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
I tried to make one a while ago, but I have nowhere near enough time, organization, and motivation.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?
Sorry for the crappy interview. :P

I'm honestly not sure how I should've answered some of the questions. Even more pressure since people actually read this. :lol:

Back