Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Today's guest just happens to be the first and only inductee to ever re-submit the interview in a .pdf format. Why? Does he hate me? Is it because of me that he's playing Destiny? Is this payback for that adult magazine I looked at when I was underage? Who knows, but what I do know is that we should all welcome the newest member to the Member of the Week madhouse, Ken Koios

I did the interview at the library whilst the kids went looking for books. The .pdf file was the only file type that I could get to work on their computers. My apologies for that. But at least I kept you on your toes.

Last edited:
So, I see T-12 tagged me in this thread and my first thought is that he must be doing reruns, as I wouldn't put it past him being that lazy.

Then I see this:
A welcome the newest member to the Member of the Week madhouse, Ken Koios!

So, now I'm wondering what the hell took so long. This should have happened in late May of 2013.

And then I see this.
But, if I had to name one, @FoolKiller comes to mind. I relate to health issues and admire his work in the heart health world.
Aw, thanks, buddy. I love you too. I think I might cr....nope, it passed.

But I must break out into song.

Steve, IMHO, you truly are a hero.
It's a tough job, but...

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, how in the high hell did I get chosen for this or the friendliest member award? Is everybody off their rockers?
How did it not happen sooner is the real question.

Congrats @Ken Koios you deserved it. Well, your beard did at least. We had to take all of you since it's attached.

So, I see T-12 tagged me in this thread and my first thought is that he must be doing reruns, as I wouldn't put it past him being that lazy.

:grumpy:

You're lucky I like you. And that your daughter is adorable.

Otherwise we'd have problems right now. :lol:

Time to interrupt the Chimp chain.

And congratulations to everyone who's been member of the week since whenever I last posted in this thread! :gtpflag:

I know but I thought we had a no genitalia rule here no matter what.
Wait, what? Do I have to turn in my membership because I happen to have genitalia?

Where does it say that in the AUP?

And -- are you saying the staff (no pun intended) here doesn't have any balls?

Guys, no.

What even is any of this? I could have gone one thousand lifetimes ignorant to "penis jewelry". I can't even begin to... wat?

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will be forever told until there is no one left to tell these grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

This week's member is responsible for the one question that has consistently been asked across every single interview to date; a question that encourages you to use your imagination and be just a little bit weird in the process. What's wrong with being weird? We've all been weird before, some of us are just exceptional at it - don't you judge! Welcome the newest inductee to the Member of the Week madhouse, Nathaniel, er, I mean Daniel!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
I feel that it's a slow day of the week. :P
2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
I originally came here looking for some nice tuning setups on Gran Turismo 4 as well as some nice ways of earning in-game credits. I keep on coming back for the great sense of community in the Rumble Strip. It's a small oasis of normality in the sea of an otherwise chaotic website (alternatively, it's a small oasis of chaos on an otherwise normal website).
3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
I hole myself up in the Infield and non-Gran Turismo gaming section.
4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
Christmas 2005. My sister and I got a PS2 with Gran Turismo 4 and (more importantly) Singstar 80s. I'm a terrible singer but I am kick-ass at Karma Chameleon.
5. What kind of a name is "Daniel", honestly? :P
The best name. (@Danny and @CallmeDan can vouch for me).
6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
Forza. All the way. PD really dropped the ball with Gran Turismo 5 and 6 whereas Turn 10 got a homerun with said ball and Playground hit it out of the park.
7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
I own at least a dozen Need for Speed games with the earliest one being the original Hot Pursuit. I play a bit of WRC and WipEout from time to time.
8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?
Love the features you get like tagging members and the great notification system. I do miss GIF avatars and being able to see how many posts people had in threads.
9. It's new year and that usually means new things are on the horizon; what do you see changing for the racing genre this year?
The release of pCARS is really going to up the standards (teehee) of racing games. Oh, and Forza has a new Ford, or something.
10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
Intelligent humour, wisdom beyond my years and amazing modesty.
Realisticly, I'm the guy that does the Wham thread every year that causes the Rumble Strip to descend into utter chaos.
11. I asked Ken this question last week but I'm all about equal opportunity: did you bring the snacks? If your answer is "no.", leave. Leave right now..
I brough all the snacks. What did you bring, Michael?
12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
Horizon 2. Car culture and awesome music. You can't watch the intro video and not be hyped.
13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
One of our current news-worthy stories is a sculpture that resembles a man's downstairs.
14. I'm sure by now you've heard of this FPS/MMO by the name of "Destiny", and I'd like to know how long you've been playing it? If you haven't been playing it... wha, what's wrong with you?
I really wanted to like Destiny. I really did. The pre-order was paid off months beforehand. But after playing the First Look Alpha and the Beta my opinion completely changed. It's not a bad game, but it wasn't fun to me.
15.Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?
I used to write a bit, but a real lack of motivation to do anything has settled in, so I haven't done much recently.
16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
My feet. :P
17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
The Last of Us: Remastered for its incredible and intense multiplayer mode of which I've played several hundred hours. Starting off with only 7 bullets in your gun, you really have to strategise.
18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
Are you implying something? ;)
19. Why did you choose that avatar?
It's the cover art for Absent Sounds by From Indian Lakes. It's been on repeat for the past couple of months.
20. Games, how do you like them?
a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
d) Impulse purchases.
21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up more than the PS4?
I've picked up a Vita, a PS4 and an Xbox One already. I'm not really into Nintendo apart from Smash and Mario Kart so unless I see a cheap bundle, I'm sorted for this generation.
22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
"No refunds."
23. How would you measure success?
If you believe that you're truly content with what you've done in your life, then I think you're successful.
24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
I think purple/10 would be a fair rating.
25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
Ford Focus. It says that I'm a realist. :P
26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
LOLOL that's too funny.
....When a Gallardo pulls up to you and it's free, you turn it down because it's not in gran turismo :).
....When you fake sick to do the 24 hour Nurburgring (close to guilty.. I have Acute Tonsillitis at the time of writing this :( )
Oh god, I'm cringing now.
27. When you go into an electronics store what aisle do you always find yourself in despite it having nothing to do with why you're there?
Clearance. I have a bad habit of 'ooh, it's cheap. Let's get it!'
28. If you're a comic book or a fan of the action/adventure genre are you looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron?
I'm not a comic book, thank you very much!
I look forward to any Disney movie. I watched Big Hero 6 last week and still laugh every time I hear his 'fist bump' noise. I'm also very much looking forward to Deadpool. Can't wait to see that whenever it releases.
29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: years, months, weeks, days, hours?
Probably a week while I was camping with no cellphone access at all. It was hell.
30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?
I'm going to say everyone who frequents the Infield. Several members (won't name anyone) have poured out their hearts and each time they've been met with overwhelming support by everyone there. It's great to be a member of such a close, tight-knit community. :)
31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?
Rather the changes in the games themselves, I'd love for the developers to show transparency. What they're doing, why they're doing it, acknowledging the community as a group of people who want to rightfully voice their opinions and suggestions. And as long as these opinions and suggestions are respectful, I think there should be clear communication between the devs and the potential customers so we know what we're getting from the words 'teaser trailer'.
32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special", or in this particular case "the point in the interview where I basically talk to myself.": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
Kangaroopotamus. A hippo bounding around with a mini joeypotamus in its sack thingy.
33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
Chris Pratt. Because he can be the lord of my stars any day. That doesn't make any sense and I don't care.
34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
Short of participating in the WRC twice, I haven't really raced much. I do (half-heartedly) run the XB1 Horizon 2 Car Club though!
35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
I've got an annual endurace race. It's in the Rumble Strip. Starts on the first of November. Here's a link to last year's.
36. Anything else you'd like to say?
Thank you very much for having me here, T-12. I can keep the snacks, right?

Back