Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Go home Mona', you're drunk.

It... don't you associate the US with that. :lol: It's a movie by the name of "The Room". I actually recommend watching it... if you want to see how no movie should be made or acted in, ever.

Tommy Wiseau (the guy who brilliantly delivered that line with the grace of a drunken giraffe) is the director and even he delivers line like he has not real understanding of them - lines that he wrote. Please watch it you'll have an appreciation and a deeper understanding of the finer things in life.

You should be banned for suggesting someone put themselves through that when this 8 minute video is more than enough to establish just how bad it is.

This works too if you want a longer one (Language Warning)

You should be banned for suggesting someone put themselves through that when this 8 minute video is more than enough to establish just how bad it is.

~Jeremy makes fun of movie~

CinemaSins is just the best. 👍

The feature returns this week! Added bonus, I'm going to do another livestream. Today!

Bring your A game, GTP.

TB
Why you little tease. :irked:

It was Twitch! It was acting weird for the rest of the night for me too. I can try again tonight or during the weekend if peoples wants me to.

Still addicted to Destiny?

dr_DaveChappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg

[Color= dimgray] Well it's been a while and for good reason - I won't be home for a while as I've got some renovation going on, but I have the very last unpublished interview in my inbox and it should go live sometime today.[/Color]

Well it's been a while and for good reason - I won't be home for a while as I've got some renovation going on, but I have the very last unpublished interview in my inbox and it should go live sometime today.
I know who it is and I can't wait. :D

Merry Thanksgiving, Happy Christmas, this hotel sucks, I want some turkey.

And now some words from the guest of honor, GTracer98!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

It feels... fantastic! :embarrassed: It always means something when you get recognized in a group/community of people, it's a great feeling.

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

Gran Turismo 5 news bought me here, then I joined the forums, met all the cool people on here, sparked my interest in photography and then I discovered how fun organized racing was. :D Those are the things that keep me coming back, yeah, it's pretty much a part of my life, this site.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

My most frequented forums would be the GT Photomode forums, the GT General Questions section and the Online Racing Series threads. Then again, I do quite enjoy the Rumble Strip at times, especially I like reading opinions on different events that happen.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

My parents on Christmas 2005 when I got my PS2 with GT4 included. I started playing it and did so for 6 years until GT5 came out. And so I became a GT fanboy, though these days I fear my interest in the series has diminished, especially after GT6 which I really don't enjoy that much. :( Sad, really, as it is one of my childhood series.

5. How did you come up with the name "GTracer98"?

The most generic name possible, how could I come up with it? :D I'll tell you the secret: take the abbreviation of Gran Turismo, add the word "racer" and add your year of birth. Are you surprised? :P

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

Never played Forza so I don't hold the right to judge. But, I really do wish to try Forza someday, I'm not the die-hard GT fan that isn't going to touch anything else, luckily.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

Yes, I do, Codemasters being my favourite developer for racing games. Colin McRae Rally, Dirt, Grid, F1 - those series have kept me occupied for a long time. Then I also enjoy some arcade games, my fave being the Burnout series, another childhood classic. I also quite like NFS games, Underground 2, Hot Pursuit 2, Porsche Unleashed Carbon, Most Wanted... Those are some really good games. 👍

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?

I'm split on that one. On one hand, it's quite intuitive, easy to use. On the other, it has become a bit to much like all the other social media sites like Facebook, Twitter etc. with the "likes" and "statuses". I will say that it felt much more like a close community before the overhaul, for some reason.

9. Gran Turismo 6 is finally here, what are you thoughts so far?

A very average game, it was fun the first week, then it just got incredibly boring. I can't even explain why but I don't find it fun playing this game, it just bores me... And I'm not a person that easily gets bored, mind you.

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.

What do I bring to GTP? That's a hard question to answer. I contribute mostly in terms of photography, I think. I also try to be very nice and friendly, I hope it shows through. :D

11. How excited are you that Pikes Peak *might* be returning to the GT series at some point?

Ooh, very, very excited!! I've been a fan of The Race to the Clouds for many years now, I've always been staggered by sheer risk the drivers take. That was best depicted in the 1990 film "Climb Dance", I'm sure you've seen it, but if not, here it is:

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

A hard one. I would like to live in the Assassin's Creed universe, the concept of the Animus reading genetic memories is very exciting indeed.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

Riga. Uhm, The capital of Latvia which was founded by German crusaders and became like the "Eastern Rome" in terms of religious value. Then after a few centuries it was conquered by the Swedes, then the Polish, then the Russians. After World War I this place saw some of the fiercest battles for independence, which were successful and Latvians were finally independent after 800 years of suppression from other nations. These days Riga is notable for the Art Nouveau architecture, the medieval Old Town, the highest television tower in the Baltic states, probably the weirdest road junction in the world

14. I'm sure by now you've heard of this FPS/MMO by the name of "Destiny", have you played and if you haven't... what is wrong with you?

I haven't played it...but it's because I ain't got a PS4! :lol:

[15/B]Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?

My hobbies outside of cars and racing include playing music, doing photography, studying history, philosophy,

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Yeah... my bicycle... I will start taking driving tests very soon and then I guess I"ll be driving a Škoda.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

I can't say just one game, it's the whole series that is my favourite, Assassin's Creed being it. It's incredible how much I've learned from it and how it has changed my view on the world and the events that happen.

18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?

I would check the date first, to see if it was not April 1st. :D If it wasn't, I would feel flattered at first but then I would probably have to reject it. I'm sure being a mod requires a lot of time being spent on GTP and these days I'm simply not able to do it.

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)

Because Volvo 850 Estate Touring Car. The best of the Trollvos. This car eats monkeys for breakfast.

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

b) Sealed. It's usually the period when the first hype has gone down, which is a bit of a shame if you're gonna play online. But pre-ordering is way too expensive for me.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One and/or Wii U?

I am thinking of selling my PS3 to be able to buy the PS4. But I'm not sure for how much I can sell my old PS3 with the broken controller. :P

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?

I guess to create the most crazy looking and fastest car ever seen on this Earth. Like, combining the craziness and styling of Lamborghini with the speed and constant chase for more, uhm, everything of Koenigsegg. ;)

23. Are you looking forward to this year's "GTPlanet vs. Wham!"? If you're not familiar with this yearly tradition of musical chicken, check out the "The George Michael Fan Club [GTPvW!2014]" thread in the Rumble Strip!

I think I'm going to finally participate in it for real this year, it will be fun indeed. :lol: I will have to avoid going to shops during Christmas and that, I'm sure, ain't gonna happen. :D

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

On a normal day I'd be a 2 or 3, when spending some time with friends I can become a 6 or 7, I guess. Drink a bit and that might go to 8. :sly:

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?

Never had one favourite, but right now I could say the Alfa Romeo 4C attracts me a lot. ;) Well, then there's Group B obviously, with the Audi quattro and Lancia Delta S4 being some of my favourite cars of all time.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/strange-ai-car-selection.240992/

Sooo true what I said there. :lol: Regarding my posting style, I think I'm a bit more reserved these days and don't "shout" as much as I used to in the past, if that makes any sense. :D I also pay way to much attention at my grammar and punctuation. :banghead:

27. When you go into an electronics store what aisle do you always find yourself in despite it having nothing to do with why you're there?

Computers. Even if I don't need a new one, I will still go and check them. :dunce:

28. Thanksgiving is almost here! Are you prepared to stuff your face with all of the foodstuffs?

No, Latvians don't have that. :lol: I will eat a lot during Christmas though. :D

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: years, months, weeks, days, hours?

About 2 months, back when I was still new here. I posted a few things and then I left this place without further plans. But then one day I came back and got involved with the Photomode Forums... That started it all. :)

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?

The best friend I could have ever met online is a member here, @hsv. :bowdown: Then there's people like @sparkytooth, @rallymorten, @nascarfan1400 who have been long time buddies on here. Many great people in the Photomode Forums, like @jus1029, @MoMo PeeZero, @Kodje, @SMfan, @NBDESIGNZ and so on and so forth, the list is way longer than that. Can I just say, thank you all for being here, making me laugh and spend a good time. :)

31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?

It's a feature that was present in the past and now has being going missing - adjustability options. There's games these days which don't even let you customize controls. Also, I'd like to see more hardcore rally game coming out, with long stages like they used to be in the past. Also, more freedom in area exploration. The less invisible walls we have, the better.

And of course, improving sounds, physics, detail and the other obvious stuff.

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

Simple, cross a hippo with a bee and call it Hippopotamus Apis Monstrosus. That'd be a flying hippo, the usual hippo size, coloured like a bee and with the ability to sting. Quite a lethal creature. :D

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

Probably a woman. :lol: Uhm, Shakira? :D I'm not entirely sure, it's not a very realistic scenario anyways. :P

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

Sure, I started about a year after my registration, with @RESHIRAM5's GGT series. Then I discovered ITCC, NRS and other great series and started honing my skills. Since then I've participated in many events and met great people.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

I host my series called Grand Prix Legends. Check it out, it's my first ever series. :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ull-time-spots-open-canadian-gp-today.314488/

I'm also part of RACE - a GT event organisation. ;)

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

Thanks once again to those who nominated me. :embarrassed:

We're back! Even though I'm home more often now, this hotel still sucks (the bed is super comfortable though) and my home is still... in shambles. Send help ASAP. Tell them... I have bats living in my goddamn attic!

Do I have an attic? Of course not but they don't need to know that. Now a word from someone who might actually have an attic, CostasDrifiter!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
Never expected to have your attention so, it's a honor for me! I feel really good and want to Thank You!

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
It was the early GT5 days and wanted to found a good forum to communicate with other GT lovers, searched the Web and here I am!
When clicked to GTP for first time, something inside me told me this is the place to be.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
My daily visit is at the Car Suggestions forum. I love to watch and learn about all these beautiful suggested cars. One of my very good friends StarLight is doing a great job. And I like to help him with new photos, specs etc of the cars he suggest.
Also I like to "walk through" the Tuning forum and test the setups of the various tuning garages.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
My first GT was GT1 and when I bought this game I couldn't imagine how much GT would change my gaming life.

5. How did you come up with the name "CostasDrifter"?
My real name is Costas (Kostas-Konstantine), I like to drift so it was easy to find my nickname.

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
Never played any Forza so I have no answer to that. The only thing which makes me jealous from Forza is the livery editor... enough said.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
No, on my PS3 is only GT6 installed. Also in GT5 days, only GT5 was installed. Maybe a little bit weird but every other car game doesn't attract me to play, certainly when i compared with GT we all know who the winner is.
Yes! I am a GT freak!

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?
It's very nice, simple but good and with any option you'll ever need.

9. It's new year and that usually means new things are on the horizon; what do you see changing for the racing genre this year?
A lot will be change. Next Gen consoles are out and some beautiful games are coming out in the future. Like GT7, Project Cars etc.

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
Don't feel that I bring anything new to GTP. Just trying to be a decent and helpful member.

11. How excited are you that Pikes Peak *might* be returning to the GT series at some point?
Very excited! Pikes Peak is a gorgeous "track" and deserve to be included in GT, preferly in GT6 but if not GT7 is also allright.

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
Maybe you'll find it funny but I would like to live in Crash Bandicoot's World!

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
I live in Athens, Greece. What can I say more than all World knows about Athens...?

14. I'm sure by now you've heard of this FPS/MMO by the name of "Destiny", have you played and if you haven't... what is wrong with you?
First of all, don't like the FPS games. Second, I think the "Destiny" needs a PS4...?

15 Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?
Various things. R/C cars, assemble PCs and anything involving software or/and hardware, also collecting music.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
Don't know if we can call it special...at the moment I own a BMW E36 320i sedan from 1991. We are together since 2004. I love the straight-six sound!

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
As said, GT freak!

18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
Never thought about but that's not a bad idea!

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)
Only one person in GTP is allowed to use the Monkey avatar, we all know who he is. So I took the BMW Art Car which I like it very much.

20. Games, how do you like them?
a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
Pre-Order. I am talking for GT games as I don't play anything else.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up a PS4, Xbox One and/or Wii U?
My plan is of course to buy a PS4 when GT7 is out for sale. That's difficult with PS4's price but I have the right to dream, don't I?
Actually did the same with PS2-GT3 and PS3-GT5. Bought the console when received my GT Pre-Order game.

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
Car mechanic guy ... anything that includes engine planning, design, specs, assembling etc.

23. How would you measure success?
Personally I will say by the number of good friends who you have and cares about you.

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
Mmm...not so crazy so rate my self with a 5.

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
My dreamcar would be a BMW M3 E30. Yes, I am a old school RWD car guy...

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
Honestly can't remember my first post here but it was for sure a post for trading a car.
Now I participate and follow completely different forums so my posts aren't the same anymore.

27. When you go into an electronics store what aisle do you always find yourself in despite it having nothing to do with why you're there?
No, not doing this. I think it's bad to my health, you know! Go to store only when I have cash to spend.

28. If you're a comic book or a fan of the action/adventure genre are you looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron?
Can't answer to that...I never touched a comic book... so don't know what are you talking about?

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: years, months, weeks, days, hours?
Hours!

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?
For me, there are enough people who inspire me here but can't tell any specific name because don't see as a competition, you know. But I have
to mention @TwinsPoppa, an old member, because he was the man who learned me the collecting secrets in GT5 and also gifted me a Premium account.

31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?
Better graphics, as much as "real" handling of the cars and the opportunity to build the car I like with engine I like and so on.

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
A snake Anaconda of course! Big, strong and enough smart to catch a hippo and "swallow" it!

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
That's easy... Sharon Stone! The ultimate female.

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
No, never. Usually racing Online with a few good GTP friends.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
Nope.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?
I would like to Thank You for choosing me as Member of the Week. It was a fun interview but difficult too since my English is not perfect!

Back