Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!

Really nice interview and you deserve the nomination, enjoy!

bravo.gif

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!

Really nice interview and you deserve the nomination, enjoy!

bravo.gif

Welcome to the club Costa 👍 :cheers:

Welcome to the madhouse, mate @CostasDrifter. 👍
Hope you like to be part of the MOTW gang. Well, guess you cannot choose anymore. :cheers:

Now I read your interview. :P

Congrats Mr.C! :bowdown:

Contrats @CostasDrifter 👍

Jeez, you're older than me! Just when no one thought it was possible... ;)

Thank You!

:gtpflag:

Just put the names of some random members on sticky notes, stick them on the wall and throw a dart at them, whichever member name the dart hits means MotW for said member.

Just put the names of some random members on sticky notes, stick them on the wall and throw a dart at them, whichever member name the dart hits means MotW for said member.
That's probably better idea than putting the members next to the wall and throwing darts at them.

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will be forever told until there is no one left to tell these grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

Today's guest just happens to be the first and only inductee to ever re-submit the interview in a .pdf format. Why? Does he hate me? Is it because of me that he's playing Destiny? Is this payback for that adult magazine I looked at when I was underage? Who knows, but what I do know is that we should all welcome the newest member to the Member of the Week madhouse, Ken Koios!

Also, it's 🤬 cold outside!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
My first reaction was this has to be a prank. I mean I am not all that special. I have been slacking lately as my internet source is being replaced and I am sharing with Lori so this was by far out of left field. I am deeply honored and extremely happy to have been chosen.

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
That’s an easy question to answer. The people do. I absolutely love the community that we all have here. I don’t know what I’d do without it in my life. I deeply value the friendships, the advice, and endless conversations that we all share. The Babe Thread doesn’t hurt either.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
I am finding myself regularly on the Rumble Strip, the premium, and the GTA forums as of late. The Rumble Strip because of all the great threads it houses, the premium section for the wonderful conversations. Then I have been utterly addicted to GTA V for the last year.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
Golly, that was a long time ago. You actually want to me to remember 1997? Alright, I’ll try. But mind you, I have done a lot of drinking since then.
I was 17 and just out of high school. I had always loved racing, but all I really knew about was arcade racers. My then next door neighbor and I got talking about the original Need for Speed game. That’s when he told me about this exciting new game that he heard about, Gran Turismo. I researched it and immediately fell in love with the concept. Long story short, I did everything I could do to get a copy and a PS2 on release day. I’ve been hooked ever since.

5. How did you come up with the name "Ken Koios"?
Ken is my given name. Well, actually it’s Kenneth, but I can’t stand that name. It makes me sound like a retired man that only plays golf. Koios is a little more complicated. I had gone by deejazazel for the longest time. It my DJ moniker back when I was into that short of thing. When it was time to move on from that point in my life and grow up, I knew it was a time for a new internet name. I thought and thought on the topic for quite a while. Then, one day, I was in the middle of a research paper on the titans of Greek mythology. I came across an interesting, albeit forgotten titan by the name of Coeus. It is theorized that Coeus was also the Titan god of intellect, who represented the inquisitive mind. Those are two traits in which I hope to embody every day. So the idea stuck, but I didn’t like the name. Then I found out that in the ancient Greek, his name was spelled Κοῖος or Koios. Along with my given name, it just sounded like a right fit. And Ken Koios was born.

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
This is still a question after this long? I didn’t think anybody even cared anymore. No matter, if the Planet wants to know, then it shall receive an answer. That answer is both. I prefer the Gran Turismo series to Forza, but I still play Forza on a regular basis. To me, it’s not even worth comparing, as Gran Turismo feels like a true sim, and Forza feel more like a sim with an arcade twist. I mean, you can rewind the race if you choose. That’s not very realistic.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
I have always enjoyed racing games. From the first moment I ever plopped a quarter in Out Run back in 1988. (Let’s not bring age into this, okay?) But, games that I enjoy more than GT or FM, I honestly can’t think of a single game in the genre that has brought me as much joy as the GT or FM series. Although, I am quite looking forward to Project Cars release on the PS4.

8. GTP 12 is up and about, what are your thoughts?
I’m quite a fan of the new features that 12 has brought. But for me, the single greatest joy in the new upgrade is seeing how far our beloved website has grown in the last 6 years. It’s wonderful to know that the sight is becoming a powerhouse of a forum, but hasn’t let money take over the sites goals. It’s still about providing every member with a great site that is easy to use, and ever evolving. I applaud @Jordan and the rest of the GTP staff for remembering that the site is about the users, not the adverts. No ass kissing, just my honest take.

9. It's new year and that usually means new things are on the horizon; what do you see changing for the racing genre this year?
More bottom feeding sludge. There’s a new gaming style nowadays in “crew” racing. (Something this site has been promoting for as long as I can remember.) GT6 has it now, as well as a few others. I foresee the market being saturated with lesser game companies trying to jump on the bandwagon and flooding the market with absolute crap. It always happens with any game genre when a new video game idea hits the mainstream. I don’t except this idea to be any different.

10. Talk a little about what you think you bring to GTPlanet and how you think you can continue to improve.
I found the website while looking for a prize car list for my 10th or so replay of GT3. I found the site quite informative and would regularly check out the forums for any tips and tricks that would help make my lap times any faster. After years of being a lurker and letting my shyness overcome me, I joined up four years ago.
What would I like to change? That’s a very good question, one that I could ramble on and on about in fact. I’ll try to keep this segment simple. I know my grammar needs work when I use a mobile device. (Really, I’m using a computer now and haven’t had any corrections needed so far.) But more than that, I
want to continue to evolve in every single way that I can. I want to continue to gain knowledge that I can use to help others members. (Okay, it’s also to keep up in conversations with members like @Azuremen, @FoolKiller, and @McLaren.) I want to continue to be one of the friendliest members of the site. Oh wait. I was supposed to keep this short. That’s right. I just want to become the best member of the site that I can be. I hope that answer the question. :lol:

11. Did you bring the snacks? Hi, @TB.
Seriously? Come on @TB. When you do know me not to have several hundred dollars of food in the house? I always bring the snacks. But the true question is, did you bring the Angry Orchid? I’ve got Fireball.

12. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
Um, Leisure Suit Larry comes to mind for…………………..reasons. I think I’ll just that one right here.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
It’s filled with drunks and potheads. My town is a large college town, with the Colorado State University being located in the middle. The students makes up 25% of our town’s resident population, and everything in town is catered towards them. As I sit here, I am no more than one mile from at least 30 bars, 10 beer brewers including Budweiser and New Belgium being, and at least 5 pot shops. Yes, the pot shops do sell marijuana. This is Colorado after all, the only state to make pot legal and fully embrace it. We are also nestled at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. We have skiing, hiking, and everything outdoorsy just within a half hour drive. Needless to say, it’s a small-ish town with a plethora of fun of all types.

14. I'm sure by now you've heard of this FPS/MMO by the name of "Destiny", in fact I know you have chiefly because of my going on about it, and you recently picked up a PS4 with Destiny. So my question: have you become legend yet and how are you liking the game?
+
Well, I haven’t quite gotten the PS4. That’s going to happen in the next few days. I owned Destiny on the PS3, but I loved it so much that I will buy it on the same day as the PS4. Once I do that, I will make it my life’s work to become a legend in the game. How can I not? Destiny is too hard to put down after all.

15Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share with us?[/B]
I didn’t until recently. @Slash kicked my butt into actually going out and finding one a few months back. What I found was collecting 1/64 scale die casts cars. I’ve really taken off with the hobby and now boast a rather impressive collection of the little suckers. I enjoy it because it makes me feel like a kid again. And with my health not being the best in the last few years, that’s a very welcome addition to my life.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
I have a wife and 4 kids. I’ll leave it up to you to figure out what I drive.

That’s right, a minivan. Not a terribly exciting one either, a Ford Windstar. I do still have my little beater of a truck, but that’s not all that exciting either.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
Grand Theft Auto V online and Destiny. I really don’t even understand why. I don’t play games online as a general rule. I hate the immaturity of most online gamers. But I can put either one of those down at the moment.

18. What would you do if presented with the opportunity of being a moderator here?
I would accept it. Duh. I hold this as one of my goals on GTP. Will that opportunity ever come up, I don’t know. But I do know, if it does, I will strive to be the best moderator this site has ever seen. I do realize I would have a lot of hurdles to jump in that quest, as we have some awesome mods as it is. (Slight ass kissing, but the truth nonetheless.) But I wouldn’t stop until I was the best. I feel it would be my duty to give everything I had to the website that I adore so much.

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this!)
Which one? They change so often? :lol: I like the artist quite a bit, Luke Chueh. His work is comical in a very odd and rather dark way. I relate to it. I do change the avatars to my mood to express whatever I’m feeling at any given time, whether happy or upset. As far the monkeys, I do have monkey ones by the same artist. Should I change it to something monkey like? I guess I just like the bunnies and bears more.

20. Games, how do you like them?
a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
I prefer to a, pre-ordering. But that’s not always an option when your family is as big as mine. So, most of the time I go with option b for monies’ sake.

21. With the next generation of all things video gaming upon us, have you made any plans to pick up more than the PS4?
If I could, I would have every console and a gaming computer. However, see the above question. With my tax refund this year, I am contemplating an XBone. But I’m not quite sold on that idea, as the game only games I would truly want for that system are Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. What do you guys think?

22. If you were to indulge in the art of boutique car manufacturing what would your mission statement be?
I never thought about that before. I guess it would be, “Don’t forget the elegance”. So many car makers are interested in tech and heated steering wheels, for example. But we haven’t seen all too many elegant, beautiful cars on the market as of late.

23. How would you measure success?
Isn’t success in the eyes of the beer holder? Honestly, it’s usually other people that have to tell me that I’m successful at anything, as I’m my own worst critic. In my opinion, nothing I ever do is quite good enough and without a way to do it better. I am always struggling to become better in everything that I do.

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
Spinal Tap! Tree monkeys don’t make good underwear. Does that about answer that?

25. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?
A 1949 Mercury Coupe is my favourite by far. It screams elegance and classic gangster all at the same time. What does that say about me? My best guess it that I can be quite refined, but you really don’t want to 🤬 me either.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
I knew this question was coming and I wasn’t looking forward to it. I figured my first post would be something stupid and immature. Nope, it was in the “1000 ticket - what did you get?” thread. I responded with “Ford Gt Race Car '69! Very happy with mine!” That’s not quite as bad as I thought it would be. :lol:

27. When you go into an electronics store what aisle do you always find yourself in despite it having nothing to do with why you're there?
The game sections of course. Who doesn’t end up there?

28. If you're a comic book or a fan of the action/adventure genre are you looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron?
I am. But it’s not the one I’m truly looking forward to in the series. The Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet parts I and II are the ones that get my geeky heart pumping. It one of my two favorite storylines to read over and over, the other being the X-Men : Age of Apocalypse.

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: years, months, weeks, days, hours?
I think in 2012, I went most of the year without posting much. Again, I believe my shyness to have taken over during that time.
Yes, I’m shy. Believe it or not.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person/people here on GTPlanet?
That’s very hard to narrow down to one. @TB, @Slash, @Danny, and @Jordan all come to mind. But, if I had to name one, @FoolKiller comes to mind. I relate to health issues and admire his work in the heart health world. Steve, IMHO, you truly are a hero.

31. What's one significant change you'd like to see made to racing games in the next five years or so?
As the new generation of consoles is already upon us, I would like to see more racing games offer a bigger and better selection of cars. Outside of a choice few, most games give you the choice to drive between 50-100. That’s just not enough.

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
I would probably choose a sloth. I think something that big moving as slow as a sloth would be rather entertaining sight to see indeed. I’m laughing just thinking about it. As far as the name, I’d probably call it a Hipstersloth, because it will cool before anybody knows about it.

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?
Um……………………….Rodney Dangerfield would be the person I’d probably wake up to, because I just can’t get any respect naked. :lol: But if I truly would have a choice, it would Emily Rose from Syfy Channel’s hit show, Haven. For reasons that I will let you figure you out why and it doesn’t have anything to do with a picnic lunch.

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
I haven’t. I have considered it, but I’m not a terribly good racer. I would get stomped. No sense of embarrassing myself in such a manner. I’ll stick to only being embarrassing in the minds of my teenagers.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
I haven’t for the same reasons as above. Even the rookie and novice drivers would run circles around me. I don’t feel that I’m that good at all at racing.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?
Yeah. Everybody here is great, and I like all of your responses in advance. Also, how in the high hell did I get chosen for this or the friendliest member award? Is everybody off their rockers?

Back