Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Well done Dan. First CRAPper to be elevated to such a lofty station?(sorry had to squeeze it in there)

@Terronium-12
Good to hear about the focus on stuff other than Project Cars, ahem, sorry Gran Turismo ;)

I must admit I really enjoyed the 30 questions member of the week. It felt like an interview of real substance.

When it comes to number of questions: Can we make it a "nice" number? Like 20 e.g.?

We'll see what happens in time, I definitely won't rule it out.

@Terronium-12
Good to hear about the focus on stuff other than Project Cars, ahem, sorry Gran Turismo ;)

I must admit I really enjoyed the 30 questions member of the week. It felt like an interview of real substance.

The problem with that is the entire format was changed to be a bit more community-centered and I wanted to cut down on the questions a bit. Again, I won't rule out more questions in the future though.

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

He was once my partner in crime in all things Destiny-related and before that there was the "Le Mans Incident" in GT5 where one of us won the race by taking the scenic route through the final chicane, and that person wasn't me! Welcome Clark to the "Man of Whenever T-12 Feels Like It"!

1.You're officially among the ranks and are now the Member of the Week, so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized among the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

I can be very opinionated and obnoxious so it's nice to see people see through that part of me. (That sounds like I'm really miserable, sorry) I don't contribute that much but I feel like part of GTP.

2. How long have you been a member here at GTPlanet and what is it that keeps you returning on a daily basis?

I've been a member since April 2005 but I didn't really start posting till GT5 was announced, since then I've get coming back as there's loads of great people on here. It's a great place to discuss gaming, cars, motorsport and just about anything really.

3. If you could recommend any one thread on the entirety of our forum, what would it be?

I've heard that a thread called 'Clark's 130i' is pretty good in the member's rides section :P I think really though that the Le Mans or BTCC threads are great as if you want to know something about one of those series at least one person will be able to give you a very thorough answer.

4. What's one thing you'd like to see changed about the Member of the Week presentation? Don't be shy...

I don't really read them properly... sorry. I only usually skim read them but I think a photo of the member would be good, only if they wanted to of course.

5. How did you come up with the name "Clark"?

It's my name. My parents named me after the actor Clark Gable (not Clark Kent) but I used to known as 'Duffers' which was one of my nicknames as my full name is Clark Duffy.

6. When you hear the word "community" what comes to mind??

Puns.

7. When it comes right down to it, do you prefer Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, or are you obligated to neither?

I used to be a die hard GT fan, especially GT2 and GT4, but I’ve played all the Forza games bar the original and but some serious hours in to Forza 2 in particular. Nowadays I prefer Iracing, but I'll still buy all the games from both series but I don't a have a favourite out of the two. Based on nostalgia I'd say GT if I had to choose.

8. What's the one thing, that one feature from GTPlanet's past incarnations that you miss the most and would love to see brought back?

I used to like the Titles/Statuses people had next to their names in posts, some of them were pretty funny.

9. You've just been banned. What don't you do?

I wouldn't ever have to speak to Danny again, that would be a positive to take out of being banned.

10. What would your reaction be if I told you GTPlanet was moving away from solely focusing on Gran Turismo?

I haven't played to GT6 since the month it came out, I think GTPlanet has long since transcended the Gran Turismo games, there's a great core community here of people who don't play the GT games anymore but just love the discussion with the other members.

11. If you had to prepare a speech for this most special occasion what would you say?

I'm not very good at speaking in public, but I'd just say how great it is to be nominated to be member of the week, there's such a huge number of awesome people on this site that I didn't think I'd ever be picked to be one of them. I was 13 when I joined GTPlanet, so I've gone through secondary school, worked for 7 years, proposed to my girlfriend, learned to drive and owned three cars all since I've joined. It's pretty much part of my life.

12. Where do you see GTPlanet going in the next two years?

If GT7 gets announced, I'm sure we'll have the massive explosion of activity that gives Jordan a headache like with GT5 and GT6 to a lesser extent. But I’m hoping it carries on being the best damn forum on the whole of the internets.

A new week brings with it a new coveted member who will forever bathe in the sunlight provided only by the "MotW" namesake. To bask in a glory unlike any other, a legend that will forever be told until there is no one left to tell such grand stories of these select individuals that stand tall above the rest.

Quite the popular individual this week's inductee is, having their name mentioned on multiple occasions in this week's Spotlight, and being in the Spotlight once before. You could probably imagine that this week's inductee is no stranger to attention and you'd probably be right but there's only one true way to find out for certain: welcome Thorin Cain to the "Man of Whenever T-12 Feels Like It"!

1.You're officially among the ranks and are now the Member of the Week, so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized among the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
I suppose my first thoughts were What!? Me!? Why!?
It feels really good :D It's a great honour to be recognised among the other great members of GTPlanet. I'm so happy to join such a distinguished list of previous and future Members of the Week. Thank you :gtpflag:

2. How long have you been a member here at GTPlanet and what is it that keeps you returning on a daily basis?
I've been a member for a little over two years, I joined in January 2013. I keep coming back because of the many great people I've met since being here and to continue to share my enjoyment of the GT series with other like minded people.

3. If you could recommend any one thread on the entirety of our forum, what would it be?
I'd have to say whatever the current Car of the Month Thread is in the Tuning forum. It's always been well run, firstly by XS and then Bowtie-muscle and is contributed to by a lot of great tuners and testers. I've always found it helpful, respectful (Well, usually :P)and pretty entertaining too 👍

4. What's one thing you'd like to see changed about the Member of the Week presentation? Don't be shy...
If it ain't broke....

5. How did you come up with the name "Thorin Cain"?
It was a name I came up with when I was playing an old PlayStation WWF..sorry WWE wrestling game years ago. Yes I liked wrestling and yes I know it's not real ;) I've always been a fan of J.R.R Tolkien and really liked the name Thorin. Cain just seemed to fit.

6. When you hear the word "community" what comes to mind??
A group of people coming together for a variety of reasons and contributing in their own way, for the good of all.

7. When it comes right down to it, do you prefer Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport, or are you obligated to neither?
Gran Turismo without doubt. I've enjoyed the few Forza game I've played. They look good and they play well but they've never had that X-factor I found Gran Turismo games have always had. Might just be habit :)

8. What's the one thing, that one feature from GTPlanet's past incarnations that you miss the most and would love to see brought back?
I can't say I've missed anything in particular. But if there was ever a bigger list of signature approved smileys, they would be :cool:

9. You've just been banned. What don't you do?
Respectfully seek clarification of my being an idiot. Then sit in the corner playing GT6 until I was deemed worthy to return, if ever :guilty:

10. What would your reaction be if I told you GTPlanet was moving away from solely focusing on Gran Turismo?
I wouldn't really care as long a it still had it's own little corner. Diversity's a good thing after all.

11. If you had to prepare a speech for this most special occasion what would you say?
Firstly I'd like to thank you for this great honour.
I'd like to thank Jordan for having the brainwave to start this awesome website in the firstplace. And the dedicated staff who spend their time making this site the great site that it is.
The many great people, especially Kazunori Yamauchi-san, at PD for giving me so much fun over the years.
My parents, family and friends for being there in the bad times and the good.
And the GTPlanet community in general. You guys rock! :cheers:
The rest are to numerous to mention, but if you spend time in the GT6 tuning forum or Seasonal events forum I thank you guys especially. You've all contributed greatly to my time here being as much fun as it has and I've learned so much from so many of you :cheers:
Special mention to all regulars of Ridox's Replica Garage. A real great bunch :D

And last, but by no means least I'd really like to thank @DolHaus and @Ridox2JZGTE for providing the spark and my good friend @TurnLeft for fueling the drive. Without you guy's I'd never have had to make this speech :bowdown:

Believe it or not this is the short version :sly:

12. Where do you see GTPlanet going in the next two years?
Onward and upwards :gtpflag:

Back