Official GTPlanet Weekly Rewind Thread, Part Three: Trilogies, Am I Right?

I still miss Midfield Raceway, Seattle Circuit, Special Stage Route 11, Red Rock Valley, Complex String, Tahiti Circuit/Maze, the original Rome Circuit and a handful of other tracks that have gone missing throughout GT2 and 4.

Couldn't agree more.

Great Rewind by the way. đź‘Ť

AAA game and console launches are always a great way to close off the year. 2014 here we come. đź‘Ť

There's a mistake in today's weekly rewind, car of the week section. GTO stands for Gran Turismo Omologato, not Omologata.

Enjoyed the Rewind this week. Lots of great stuff to read (quizzes are coming!) and amazing photos. đź‘Ť

Since no one else has tried to answer the question yet, I'll give it a go.

Mazda 787B

I have no idea about a file name.

Was the picture of the Renault Gordini taken at Gemsolar? It's really great. I haven't seen that angle before and there's no driver so must be a travel location.

Since no one else has tried to answer the question yet, I'll give it a go.

Mazda 787B

I have no idea about a file name.

Nope. This has turned out to be a bit more difficult than I had imagined.

Was the picture of the Renault Gordini taken at Gemsolar? It's really great. I haven't seen that angle before and there's no driver so must be a travel location.

Yes, and yes it is.

Rewind answer: Formula Gran Turismo car, though I can't specify which incarnation it was, the file name was Mismatch.

I'll give you the full credit being the only other person to attempt answering. :P

F094/S. The file name is actually "mlsmatch".

@Ameer67 To be fair, this was a most unexpected benchmark. :lol:

So, and I'll outline this in full next week once the feature kicks off, QotW segments aren't going to feature just one question a week. At an absolute minimum it will be 2 per week, with the average being three or four I would imagine.

There's going to be a scoreboard and everything.

@ Terronium-12
Please Thank who-ever or yourself? for using my image in To Save the Day !!!

đź‘Ť :gtpflag:

You're very welcome. :D

Unfortunately I have some bad news: I won't be writing the Rewind anymore. I'm joking, however, there will not be a Rewind for the week because the week got away from me more quickly than it ever has and I'm just not prepared in the slightest.

With that said, I can still do this week's quizzes and a new Member of the Week if that's something you guys would like to see regardless.

Let me know!

You're very welcome. :D

Unfortunately I have some bad news: I won't be writing the Rewind anymore. I'm joking, however, there will not be a Rewind for the week because the week got away from me more quickly than it ever has and I'm just not prepared in the slightest.

With that said, I can still do this week's quizzes and a new Member of the Week if that's something you guys would like to see regardless.

Let me know!

You scared me there for a moment T! :lol:

:P

So there's a bit of a surprise today. I've started a very impromptu "Let's Play" and you can have a look at it right here:

List all of the improvements you guys think are necessary and I'll implement the next time I record. There's 1 part left that will go up either tomorrow or later today, so keep that in mind.

I'm not a robot.
I'm not going to bomb your home.
I'm not gonna have your washing machine eat you alive.
You can bug me all day. Don't, don't bug me all day.
:lol:

Anyways, good video T. Try to be a bit louder next time (when racing). The part when you said "I am a cheater" was loud enough.

And now part 2 is up, gonna go watch it.

Ooo, some GTP Weekly Rewind references...

Last edited:
With the Rewind less than half an hour away from going live I figured I'd take the time to mention that the Let's Play I'm doing is currently on the fourth episode.

I was recording a good deal earlier today but wound up scrapping it for two reasons:

1. I raged something fierce. :lol:
2. Unbeknownst to me (okay, I forgot!), my mic was muted... which isn't as much if an issue due to the first reason.

Nice job as always on the latest Replay T12. My favorite part of your replays is the vids you put up. The Zonda is a monster to be sure.

No Rewind this week, folks.

Why are you frowning? I haven't even finished the announcement yet: I'll be doing a little Mini Rewind here in the thread that should be ready the usual time the news piece would be published - 12:01 AM (or earlier) for those of you keeping score.

Of course you won't find the recapping of news pieces here, just a little something unique.

GTPlanet Weekly Rewind, Miniature Edition: Where Dreams Are Driven

Welcome to the first Miniature Edition of the Weekly Rewind. If you haven't noticed by now, there isn't going to be a published edition of the Rewind this week because, well, I can't divulge that information just yet so you'll just have to trust me. I have an award for "Trustworthy Man", so there's nothing that you need to worry yourselves about. However, If something, whatever it may be, goes awry then you can file a report with your local Congressman and ask them why they continue to fund my shenanigans - yes, all of them. I'm that trustworthy.

This past week was a great one for those still eager to play Gran Turismo 6 at any given opportunity as the newest Vision GT made its way to the game in the form of a BMW, an awfully good-looking one at that. It was a good week for a number of other reasons as well, some of which we'll get into and others we won't.

GTPlanet Picture of the Week

14185634354_8df266834c_b.jpg

You had to have seen this one coming. The brand-spanking-new BMW Vision Gran Turismo for all the world to see, recommended by @The Stig Farmer and courtesy of @AudiMan2011.

GTPlanet Vehicle of the Week

This week's featured vehicle is a blast from Gran Turismo's past, the Daishin Silvia featured in Gran Turismo 2 and a car that I used oh-so-frequently next to the S2000 GT1.

GTPlanet Tune of the Week

This week's featured tune is yet another crafted replica, recommended by @thehobnob97 and courtesy of @Ridox2JZGTE, and features the 2013 Toyota '86 Racing under the guise of the 86 GT CS V3 Race Car.

"This is one of my hardest to make replica, I had to researched everywhere, magazines, forums, and technical docs. The real CS V3 has 200PS base engine in tech specs, but for racing use, it has FIA approved racing exhaust + catalyst and TMG Updated ECU. I decided to use whatever power in GT6 has with racing exhaust + ECU + Catalytic converter. The tire is Pirelli DH slick, but in GT6, racing hard has too much grip, more like DM/DS slick, so I opted for sports medium ( similar to R comp semi slick ) or sports soft (similar to DH slick IMO) with optional to use racing hard."

Should you want to take a look at this monster, and there's no reason why you shouldn't, you'll want to stop by the RIDOX Replica Garage and give it a whirl!

Project CARS: The McLaren P1 Has Arrived

If you're a member of the WMD community and were lucky enough to purchase a toolpack, then you will no doubt know by now that the McLaren P1 has finally been exported into the game for the whole of the community to take for a spin, all while realizing there's plenty more detail to come. It's important to note that the physics and its audio are placeholders at the moment.

If you were unable to purchase a toolpack, the phrase "placeholder" may not sit very weill with you, and I can assure you that it is just that: a placeholder. Consider the almost night and day differences when the Audi R8 LMS was first exported to the time it received a unique audio overhaul.

Once Project CARS releases later this year you will be able to take the McLaren P1 to any track within the game, making full use of DRS and IPAS.

Closing Thoughts

I know what you're thinking, and the Weekly Rewind will be back in its full-length format next week. The next time this should happen I'll be better prepared as this was quite literally a last minute change; as in just one minute before I started to write the Rewind the plans were changed.

Today, Godzilla hits the US theaters and I am eagerly looking forward to seeing it in a Regal DPX theater with Dolby Atmos surround sound, which is nothing more than the techno-babble version of "I want to see this in a theater that will make me feel like I'm there!".

There's a lot I'm saving for next week so let's rip this band-aid off as we look forward to next week. Until then, keep racing!

Images by GPR and GTAndy36.​

Back