Official Mission Hall Thread (help, hints, general discussion, etc.)

• Thread starter justin_tyme
  • 1,545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please please please help me with the 3 Lap Slipstream Skyline Mission!!!!! I have been trying it for hours and hours and just cant seem to win. Ive tried 4 or 5 different stratagies and they just dont seem to work. If you have beaten this mission I would really appreciate any help and advice! PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

I just finished the slipstream missions. The skyline mission was actually pretty simple. It took me a couple of tries because the car behind me hit me once the first time and the second time I was boxed in going into a corner. As long as the AI or you are always in a slipstream and don't ever collide, you will beat it without too much hassle. The Amuse battle wasn't too bad either, you just have to make sure to short shift into 6th, don't ride 5th out all the way, because the acceleration rate when you shift is increased substantially.
Just did the Toyota GT New York mission...... 8sec behind.... damn. haha Back at it I go.

can anyone help me with the subaru and corvette missions?

i'm always .5 of a second behind the little subaru POS car. and that C1 is just a rocket on wheels....i can't seem to ever beat it. no matter what. it's strange too because i beat the cadillac one on infineon with no sweat whatsoever.

:(

for the skyline mission, pass leading into the turn. Once you get about 4-5 car lengths ahead slow down to 162-164 and just hold the gas until the straightaway. Now just line up just to the left of the yellow line and keep nailing it. It will seem like the comp wont catch you, but sumone will catch your draft and catch up. now move out of its way and let it pass you (that is if it doesnt move to pass you) and then when he passes, catch his slip and pass him into the turn and hold steady 4-5 carlengths in front and repeat for the next straight. this worked for me and I won by like 2 seconds or sumtin... i saved the replay =D

im on #34... closest so far is 11 seconds behind lead, grrr >=( I just gotta keep nailin at it =/

Finaly got all of the missions passed except 34, and it's rather ridiculous. The McLaren handles patheticaly! It spins around so easy when you go over a jump and it is really frickin frustrating! Im during the retarded 2 minutes you have to wait between atempts. This is gonna take forever! Has anybody beat it yet?

Edit: Closest Ive been is 16 sec.... Gota keep grindin away!!!!

Edit: THIS IS JUST RETARDED!!!!

I've gotten 30 seconds or so on 34. Are you running auto or manual? Im running manual an can't seem to do ****. :grumpy: The skyline one was simple. Did it second try. Draft an let pass, draft that person than pass an so on. I beat the lead by 1.077 Im having a bit of trouble on the corvette one for some reason but beat the cien mission after 4 or so tries at most.

edit: Yeah, this is getting realllllllll old an quite annoying. If there was no wait it wouldn't be so bad. :yuck:

edit: Just got 39 seconds. Rofl. Horrible.

skyline mission use the sling shot method at the end of the turns drom the speed down to 159-160 and let them draft you if you're lucky you'll get 2 or 3 cars to pass you then you wont have a problem getting the speedo over 282 kmph lather rinse repeat on every corner and once you get the lead car in your sights its a peice of cake

also the seattle superbird mission it;s all about the first 3 turns leading up to the hill if you take these turns properly you can easiuly shave an extra second off of each lap
should be able to hit 146 after the first jump, you'll then be able to pass the 5th place car on the hill after that be smooth, brake early and it's ALL about exit speed i cant stress that enough for this mission your exit speed will make or break you be smooth and clean

i was able to come first with about a second ahead and from watching my replay LOTS of room for improvment rubbed a good 8 or 9 walls

On mission 34 it will deffinately test youre patients. first on the checkpoint before the back straight you will need at least a 1.20.300 or you can pretty much quit and wait again. Also you will need to be able to see the fifth car by the end of that straight and pass him on or right after and i mean RIGHT after the karrosel (sp?). You need to pass the third car at the very begining of the front straight. Pass the second car at the top of the hill RIGHT after the bridge on the front straight. If all goes well your bumper will be jammed against the first car on the last corner. As you finally pass the last car now is the time to stick youre head out the window and flip him the bird screaming "thats for the two hours of waiting i had to do! choke on it! choooooke on iiiitttt you piece of #$@#!!!! there is one shortcut that can shave about a half a second, in the first section after the fifth turn or so theres a little snakey part of the track in shadow, you can cut through the grass right there for alittle extra time and youll need it. Also this car hates jumps the best way i found to help is do most of youre braking alittle before the jump, then accelerate through the jump and landing, this helps stabalize the car alittle apply more brakes if necessary (the car HATES that first jump). braking alittle early is also recommended the car likes exits alot better then entrances. Anyway i hope some of this helps alittle, like i said it will test youre patients, the waits are the most rediculous thing ever esp. when you say accidently launch in third or miss a turn right in the begining ugh. Sorry for the long post.
JoJo

jojobean
On mission 34 it will deffinately test youre patients. first on the checkpoint before the back straight you will need at least a 1.20.300 or you can pretty much quit and wait again. Also you will need to be able to see the fifth car by the end of that straight and pass him on or right after and i mean RIGHT after the karrosel (sp?). You need to pass the third car at the very begining of the front straight. Pass the second car at the top of the hill RIGHT after the bridge on the front straight. If all goes well your bumper will be jammed against the first car on the last corner. As you finally pass the last car now is the time to stick youre head out the window and flip him the bird screaming "thats for the two hours of waiting i had to do! choke on it! choooooke on iiiitttt you piece of #$@#!!!! there is one shortcut that can shave about a half a second, in the first section after the fifth turn or so theres a little snakey part of the track in shadow, you can cut through the grass right there for alittle extra time and youll need it. Also this car hates jumps the best way i found to help is do most of youre braking alittle before the jump, then accelerate through the jump and landing, this helps stabalize the car alittle apply more brakes if necessary (the car HATES that first jump). braking alittle early is also recommended the car likes exits alot better then entrances. Anyway i hope some of this helps alittle, like i said it will test youre patients, the waits are the most rediculous thing ever esp. when you say accidently launch in third or miss a turn right in the begining ugh. Sorry for the long post.
JoJo

Thanks for the input. No worries on the long post. Im waiting another 2 minutes anyways. Not sure wth Im doing wrong but I seem to be cornering fine an whatnot but I need to shave 28 seconds off my time. :/ idk. Im persistant although Im in the mood to punch a hole through something.

well....i can come close to pretty much all of the things....so i'll just need minor adjustments.

the only one, however, that i am at a total loss with is the circuit de la sarthe II mission. i think it's mission 18. the one where you drive the nissan R89C LM car...whatever it's called. i can pass the panoz, but after that, the rest of the lineup is untouchable.

Omnis
well....i can come close to pretty much all of the things....so i'll just need minor adjustments.

the only one, however, that i am at a total loss with is the circuit de la sarthe II mission. i think it's mission 18. the one where you drive the nissan R89C LM car...whatever it's called. i can pass the panoz, but after that, the rest of the lineup is untouchable.

I spent all last night doing that one - all I can say is cut the corners wherever you can. Accelerating through a turn onto a straightaway will cut more time than making a textbook "gas at the apex" corner, so brake early on those corners.

Tonight, I am doing mission 34. I am 7.5 seconds off my mark, but I would pay anyone to lay some spike strips ou for the first 2 cars.

Just thought I'd chime in and brag that I beat #34 on the first go round.

Actually, I had two 5 sec. penalities and finished 42sec. back. :ill: Everyone was talking about it and I had to see what the fuss was about.

Meanwhile, I'm back still working on the superbird and the la sarthe II missions; my last remaining 3 lap battle missions. I think I'm getting the hang of La Sarthe and that should fall sometime today, but the superbird... I'm afraid I'll never finish it without a wheel.

Just completed the skyline slipstream after 15 tries. 👍

I believe these will be the first things in a GT game that I won't be able to finish, excluding gold's on license tests. I never bother.

Only have 4 more races left in the game and Mission 34 is one of them. I try it every now and then and today the closest I got was 4.7 seconds :( Just ordered a DFP though so hopefully I can beat it once I get the hang of using the wheel.

i still can't beat the skyline drafting missions, i pass them, then let them pass me and then i pass them again....i never seem to get anywhere the gap is always ~8 seconds

hey guys, so i finally passed all the missions except for the long lemans (sarthe) mission 18 and the ring (mission 34).

some tips since I struggled on a few:
- for the 3 lap battles and the "1 lap chase" missions, you just have to keep practicing. you may think your laps are pretty good, but there is lots of room for improvement. especially look for turns before long straights. you NEED to maintain a fast exit speed and accelerate through the turn. so often braking more before the turn to get the right line will make you go faster. keep this in mind on seattle and suzuka. Remember that if you are skidding or sliding, you are not accelerating but instead going sideways and losing time. Tap the gas quickly to stop the skid and start accelerating and going forward. Also, always use the slipstream on the straights because itll give you that extra fraction of a second it takes to beat some of these missions.

- for the slipstream battle, on the honda odyssey one, cut the first corner so that you can get in the slipstream of the 5th place car. dont cut the corner entirely, just enough so that you can get behind the 5th place car. then just leapfrog your way to the front.

- for the R34 skyline slipstream battle, follow the strategy given by everyone else: pass going into the corner, and get on the yellow line to give the other cars the draft. then let them pass you on the straights and once they pass you, pull in back of them to draft and pass on the next corner. repeat for every corner you enter (pass them) and straight (let them pass you). the KEY though is to pass them at the right speed: you should be going around 171-172mph as you pass. you can pass faster on the first corner, but resist this urge and pull to the side to pass when you reach the 171-173 speed. if you do this correctly, you should NEVER have to lift off the gas. and of course, be careful to watch the cars as they pass, they often go straight so you have to pull to the side to let them pass. DONT let them hit you from behind.

hmm, i think that's about it. just practice... hours and hours of practice :) good luck!

Despite earlier thinking that I'd never be able to get close to beating half of these missions, I've put in some time and completed every one but the last. I'm using the standard controller, so that just shows that it CAN be done without a wheel.

On the skyline missions, it's important to remember to let off the gas until you drop to 167-8 JUST AFTER you complete your pass of the cars going into the turn or they will be too far behind you once you get back onto the straight. Then they will take to long to catch up and you won't get a good draft into the next turn.

I'm a bit ashamed of my tactics at la sarthe, but going into the first chicane, if you aim for the left side of the dunlop arch and don't lift, you can gas it straight across the sand and reach the other side still carrying about 110mph. It shaves about 1.5-2 seconds a lap. This helps for those of you that just want to get it done. For you purists, I do plan on going back and trying to complete it the right way, but I'm going to wait a little until I get bored.

I just won the GT-R slipstream battle by 1/1000th of a second. I can't believe it.

I did everything correctly, I lined up behind the lead car just after the last corner, then I unnecessarily tried to pass him too close; I ended up slightly bumping into his backside some 200 feet before the finish line, which slowed me down enough for the two of us to cross it precisely together. I don't know how but I got away with it. Just 0.001 seconds worse and I would have had to do it all over. Sheesh.

For anyone interested, my stupid mistake in all the previous tries was to 'wait' for the cars behind; they tend to disappear from the rear view mirror (bumper cam) so you have a tendency to lift off the gas to let them catch up. This is wrong, if you look behind by pressing L1 you will see them, thery are there. Just be sure to keep them inside your slipstream and eventually they will catch up.

I beat Mission 1-33 all with the DS2 controller. They were not very hard. Mission 34 with the awful SLR is another story. It seems like that the DF2 wheel is being forced down your throat. I might be able to beat it with the DS2 at some point but I'm going to looking for EVERY cut through the grass and if you pay attention, there are a couple. Mission 34 isn't fun or satisfying....it's lame. The Superlicense final test with the Mercedes at the Ring was infinately more fun than this test.

The trick to Sears Point (Infenion) is being smooth through the esses, having good speed coming down the hill after the esses, taking 9 late and carrying tons of corner speed thought 10.

..i cant get past the dumb 3 laps things, i've memorized laguna seca and still cant friggen beat that dumb viper, im right on his tail at the end, once i had him.. but then.. his dumb car was faster at accerating than the GT car

yay friggen beat leguna seca.. dumb viper braked to hard and i was trailing.. not really, i barely clipped him and got a 5 second hold, so he got up to final turn ..so i just shoved him off the track and headed off to finish line.. i was quite pleased lol

XCNuse
..i cant get past the dumb 3 laps things, i've memorized laguna seca and still cant friggen beat that dumb viper, im right on his tail at the end, once i had him.. but then.. his dumb car was faster at accerating than the GT car

The first time I almost beat the viper, we went into the last turn side by side and he punted me off into the sand and I lost. Eventually, I beat him and I made fun of him for sucking.

i am now on mission 34.. is really hard.. i need details guidline for this mission. e.g: i need approximate turning speed on critical corners. i think that would help a lot..

Regard

Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back