Official Playstation Store Thread

Thanks! Can't wait for Flow. Wonder what kind of DL content they're releasing for R:FOM.

There's no Ridge Racer demo on the store, though. And Genji, while not developed by Sony, is, in fact, published by Sony.

The Genji Demo was a good idea, its far better than the picky web publications' reviews and gives people a chance to try it. The gameplay is fine, I mean if its not broken they dont have to fix it so it can be a launch title ;). i'll pick up genji when the price drops.

Bump!!?!?!?!

edit: Blast factor multi player pack = TWO THUMBS UP.

Co-op is fun, 4 way is a blast, and grudge is awesome. Playing at 150% speed is also very VERY awesome and makes the core "normal" speed feel retarded, lol.

*burp* I mean, *bump*

Is it just me or Full Auto 2 Battlelines Demo just hit the PS store?

I just finished downloading it, I'll give it a try now :)

*burp* I mean, *bump*

Is it just me or Full Auto 2 Battlelines Demo just hit the PS store?

I just finished downloading it, I'll give it a try now :)

I tried it on the mode where you try to destroy your opponents as much as possible (not the race), and it was a total framerate mess.

I was expecting 60 frames but, it was less than 30. Horrible. You just can't play a game like this at less than 60.

Duċk;2578138
I tried it on the mode where you try to destroy your opponents as much as possible (not the race), and it was a total framerate mess.

Still better than the 360 version in terms of framerate and consistency. Significantly better, actually.

In other news, Flow will hit on Thursday, I'm definately picking it up. Then I'll be picking up Go Puzzle after that.

Between VF5, MotorStorm, flOw, Go! Puzzle, Calling all Cars, and NBA Street...I don't think I'll have much time to give them each the attention they deserve :( Plus I still play Resistnace like crazy!!

This thread seems a little quiet, but I thought I'd offer my opinion on the downloadable demos from the PS store. Besides the ridiculous inability to shift the downloads to the background, the store is pretty neat, and has added quite a bit of value to the PS3.

Gran Turismo 4 is a good tease. A massive visual improvement, but I have yet to sense a real improvment in gameplay. Yes, it's definitely different, but I'm undecided as to whether it's better all around. Drift mode is undriveable, but I've never been a real drift fan. Five minutes after unlocking all the cars, I wanted more cars & tracks. 👍

Ridge Racer 7 is a drift-fest. Even I could drift the cars (which is all they seemed to be able to do; real driving was slower :confused:). Graphics are neat, though, but maybe everything does in 1080p at a simulated 100MPH. God-awful music you couldn't disable didn't help either. In general, just not that fun. 👎

Resistance: Fall of Man was a cool game. I actually played it at a friend's house when he rented it. We didn't finish it, but the visuals are the best I've seen, in terms of detail and consistency. Very fun first-person shooter, and the fact that my friend will be buying it just to finish the last 2 or 3 levels kind of says it all. 👍

Full Auto 2 doesn't even deserve typing in the full name. Great concept, poor execution. Sure, the graphics are kind of neat, but the course is indecipherable, the rules are vague, and...well, I just didn't care to finish. 👎

Motorstorm is the best game available for download. Period. It's impossible to win a race, it's hard to stay on the course, and I crashed quite often. But I simply didn't care. The physics are the most fun I've seen in ages (regardless if they're accurate or not), the sound and music is fantastic. It's just so fun to race around and smash things: other cars, road objects, or just into the wall just as the engine blows up. I spent 30 minutes trying to launch the bike into the video screen (never got it). I could (and did) spend hours playing what is essentially a 15-minute demo. 👍 👍 👍

I'll get around to the other demos, and hope to update this soon. (By the way, for the lucky few who can get to try it, GT5 and Motorstorm work great in 2.35:1.)

Heh RR7 is a good game. I never played the demo and the online battles are fun with less than 10 players that is. There is a lot of strategy as far as drifting and nitrous charging. I'll try the demo to see what people are missing in the full game. Then again i've been playing RR since it first came on it arcades and owned nearly every game for ps1. Is the best RR since RR type 4.

More demos:

Genji: Days of Blade has the worst 3rd-person control I've seen in years. They left no way to rotate the camera to see what's behind you. It's just as well, since the enemies walk around like rotted zombies, usually not knowing where you are. "Attack" is vague, but I may be too used to Street Fighter-style games. Genji has, however, probably the most beautiful scenery & world effects I've seen. Just gorgeous. Overall: 👎

GripShift is nothing like I thought it would be. A bit of a kids' game, but strangely addicting nonetheless. Nicely rendered, although looks more like an upscaled Gamecube port (whose target market this seems to be aimed at). Neat, nothing wrong with the game, just not my type. So I guess: 👍

Blast Factor reminds me very much of Asteroids. A combination of Asteroids and something I can't quite put my finger on. I'm sure there's nan old shareware game out there that this is based on. The controls were awkward at first, but after 3 levels I got the hang of it. Nothing fancy or complicated about it, but kind of addicting. Can't see spending $50 on it; a $10 download might work. Still, a definite 👍

Still enjoying the hell out of F1C. The rain effects are just awesome. Could use better crash damage, though. Heading 120MPH into a wall should result in more than just the loss of a wheel....

Nope, but if you're not a Tekken Fan, or already own it on PSP, it's not worth it. VF5 is infinately more "worth it" than this.

I just want my Lair Demo :(:(:(

You know, I just bought VF5 through ebay and I don't know if I should bother to pay another 20 bucks for Taken. Should I? Is it worth it if I have just bought VF5?

Depends. I'd say wait and see how you like VF5. VF5 is more technical, and will "feel" slower until you learn it. Tekken will "seem" faster, but if you learn both well, VF is faster.

It's just taste really. VF is a combat game, meant to be deep, where as Tekken is deep, but meant to be "flashy".

Hmm..OK. I'm having my first heck at it today when I get home from work. BTW, does VF5 has online gaming? I've seen you playing it on my buddy lists so I wanted to see if I could school you a little bit on it :P

Its $20 and the gameplay and styles are different. If you like Tekken and dont own any of the other T5 versions then yes its well worth $20. I'm getting it, i like Tekken and its sure as hell beats the PSP's buttons/d-pad. But to say if you have the psp verison its not worth is a little shallow. I only play my psp away from home(over 30hrs play time). TDR 's purpose on PSP was a portable version of the game that worked out very very well. We can not forget about it being portable so playing a less featured version with controllers in 720p/1080p is worth the $20.

I wont get VF5 since i wasnt convinced by VF4 and i just suck at VF and Akira has these nutty combos that are so hard to pull of its not even funny. And Kage is even more complicated. I'm a simpleton i guess, Tekken is not a technical fighter and i just take the low road.

Back