Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 475 comments
I'm sure you worked it out by now. However, with HUD on, bottom right of screen. right or left directional buttons will take you to it.
I didn't actually, but I do use that screen to get to the zoomed in radar since I use hood view and don't have a mirror to see what's around me. Guess I just didn't go far enough over. :P

Yes. Supra Cup versions.

Race felt like a Daily Race. Don't take tyres. You can no stop with fuel 3 or 4 depending where you start and who you're racing. I pit lap 6 with 0.7 laps in the tank. I was being shadowed all race with a 1-2 second gap. Finished 6.3 seconds ahead.

D5I9ML4VUAQ9gNs.jpg
Congrats on the win!

Hmm. How did you no-stop on FM 3? I was doing some practice races earlier and couldn't do that. I had to pit at around lap 5.

Congrats on the win!

Hmm. How did you no-stop on FM 3? I was doing some practice races earlier and couldn't do that. I had to pit at around lap 5.
I pitted, but I should have no stopped. Me and 2nd place pitted lap 6. Had I conserved a bit more on lap 5(I had 1.4 laps of fuel), instead of trying to keep the gap, 2nd place was going to pit anyway.

Yeah, got disconnected seconds before joining the lobby (with internet running strong). Very disappointed after much practice :( :(

PS Small lobbies means small points anyway, so perhaps no big loss.

I can see why Toyota want gamers input on improving the Supra, it drives like crap.

Qualifying was a bit of a farce, I started on pole just by finding a nice place in the line for a tow, the race is a fuel saving contest (not being able to accelerate does a decent job of hiding the handling problems). I guessed the strategy wrong and won the race of the pit-stoppers to finish 6th (1533 points) which was a lot better than I would've expected.

I started 11th and finished 3rd. Didn’t stop, I was down to 16th at one point but kept the pack in sight. Saved enough fuel to do the last lap on full beans so I could defend my position. Great fun, it got a bit bumpy at times but I think most of it as just a bit of unintentional rubbing.
CCA07DA3-8D37-4C20-928A-69AEA45E5576.jpeg
2F1E2D2C-BB90-4248-8B9E-8F1AB86D8A1E.jpeg
A3C25028-569A-47C6-8EE9-EE662A7D7336.jpeg

I’m in the green and black car :)

I qualified 9th, made it up to 4th and despite some setbacks (penalties, I would moan but they are unfair to everyone so it kind of evens out) was gaining places and in the purples for lap time when this happened...

I got:
-A go on the 720 Supra Waltzer Fairground Fun Ride
-A 3 second penalty
-SR Down
-Chicane Reset
-20th place. Higher numbers are good, right?

Must be Christmas or something! I feel bad getting all this stuff when they didn't even get a penalty. And yes I know I got sliiightly too close to the car in front.

I can see why Toyota want gamers input on improving the Supra, it drives like crap.

Qualifying was a bit of a farce, I started on pole just by finding a nice place in the line for a tow, the race is a fuel saving contest (not being able to accelerate does a decent job of hiding the handling problems). I guessed the strategy wrong and won the race of the pit-stoppers to finish 6th (1533 points) which was a lot better than I would've expected.
1533!!!??? I finished 3rd and only got 855? I guess you were in a higher ranking group every one in the lobby was DR.B SR.S and my race number was 6 so does that mean I was the 6th ranking in the lobby by DR points?

1533!!!??? I finished 3rd and only got 855? I guess you were in a higher ranking group every one in the lobby was DR.B SR.S and my race number was 6 so does that mean I was the 6th ranking in the lobby by DR points?

You were 6th in DR order in that particular lobby. Someone getting 1533 for 6th is likely in the 2nd or 3rd highest rated lobby full of A+ drivers.

I qualified 9th, made it up to 4th and despite some setbacks (penalties, I would moan but they are unfair to everyone so it kind of evens out) was gaining places and in the purples for lap time when this happened...

I got:
-A go on the 720 Supra Waltzer Fairground Fun Ride
-A 3 second penalty
-SR Down
-Chicane Reset
-20th place. Higher numbers are good, right?

Must be Christmas or something! I feel bad getting all this stuff when they didn't even get a penalty. And yes I know I got sliiightly too close to the car in front.

Damn! That guy was either extremely late on the brakes or thought he’d just use yours instead. Yeah that was really unfair but normal for a motorsport where fear of death or reprimand do not exist. Don’t give up you’ll get better races in the future I’m sure.

5pm UK time is ridiculous. Many people will be at work, commuting, preparing meals and so on. I literally finished with seconds to spare and will likely fail to finish most races. There need to be multiple entry times as with the 'Daily' Races.

Anyhoo...

I managed to qualify 4th, having only had 8 minutes to do so (including out lap). Dubious tactics by others put me down to 8th, coming back to 6th then down to 11th after being forced off again. Pitting on lap 4, I rejoined in 10th, finishing in 6th position.

I was satisfied with my own performance, considering I'd only bought the car about 3 minutes before the race, just having time to give it a livery before qually. So with no practice, I think I did pretty well!

Sounds like today should be lots of fun judging by what I'm seeing on here. My goal is to just stay out of trouble and keep the car straight. If someone's going to dive, so be it. I'll just let them go. Based on a full field, hoping for a top 10.

Ugh that was painful. No stopped. Drove the first half at map 3, then had to do map 4-6 the second half, should’ve done it all on 4. I was running 12th before the stops started, ended up 11th, woo...one spot gained....didn’t come close to making up for the fact I couldn’t race anyone the entire race. 2100 point lobby (2nd split I assume), ended up with 1013 points.

That race should’ve been fun. But it wasn’t.

Good stuff. Almost got worried about qualifying as I was released near the back and immediately was ran into in the first corner. :rolleyes: Was hard to get a clean lap in but managed to get one on the final lap and stole P1.

IMG_20190427_141606.jpg

Got a great start (2nd gear, medium revs) and never looked back. Put it on map 3, then 4, and then when everyone else hit pit road I went full lean. Brought it home with 0.3 laps left in the tank.

IMG_20190427_143525.jpg

Walked away with 208 points. Which I assume more is better and you don't get rewarded for brilliant drives. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Started in 3rd place. Everything was going alright, and on the last lap.... I get punted. I rejoin, and another careless driver shunts me, and I get a 5 second penalty. I finished 16th.
I am so not happy right now. I really hope this next race treats me better and don't race with pillocks.

I got a false start then it went downhill from there. Everything went wrong. Almost caught up to some cars at the end but the car slid into a wall and gave me a 1.5 second penalty. Just the worst luck all race. :guilty:

Good stuff. Almost got worried about qualifying as I was released near the back and immediately was ran into in the first corner. :rolleyes: Was hard to get a clean lap in but managed to get one on the final lap and stole P1.

View attachment 817301

Got a great start (2nd gear, medium revs) and never looked back. Put it on map 3, then 4, and then when everyone else hit pit road I went full lean. Brought it home with 0.3 laps left in the tank.

View attachment 817304

Walked away with 208 points. Which I assume more is better and you don't get rewarded for brilliant drives. :rolleyes:
Yeah, low points haul is the worse. Not much reward for all the work.

I couldn't even call that a race. What a joke. In between the ridiculous fuel saving, not qualifying well if you don't have slipstream and getting divebombed and pushed out of the way, I did not enjoy that at all. 👎

Qualified in 12th and got a jump up to 10th after T1. However I don't think anyone in the back half of the race was fuel saving and they were all in a real hurry to get past me. Dropped all the way down to 18th after 2 laps and finished up in 6th on the final lap.

I saved a bit too much fuel in the end and it cost me down to 7th, the final lap was REALLY close.
1262pts

I doubt it handles like that in real life. In FM7 there are lots of cars that handle like this Supra does in GT Sport, e.g. many Porsches handle really badly, but a friend who has driven many Porsches on tracks in real life tells me they handle fabulously in real life.

Qualified 1st, Finished 1st. ~1800 pts. Race was no fun though. Felt like a sitting duck the whole race fuel saving especially on the straight.

We were in the same session :D
Pretty cool seeing the same race I was in from another point of view.
Qualified in 12th and got a jump up to 10th after T1. However I don't think anyone in the back half of the race was fuel saving and they were all in a real hurry to get past me. Dropped all the way down to 18th after 2 laps and finished up in 6th on the final lap.

I saved a bit too much fuel in the end and it cost me down to 7th, the final lap was REALLY close.
1262pts

Qualified 1st, Finished 1st. ~1800 pts. Race was no fun though. Felt like a sitting duck the whole race fuel saving especially on the straight.

We were in the same session :D
Pretty cool seeing the same race I was in from another point of view.
good pace, nice win.

Started in 3rd place. Everything was going alright, and on the last lap.... I get punted. I rejoin, and another careless driver shunts me, and I get a 5 second penalty. I finished 16th.
I am so not happy right now. I really hope this next race treats me better and don't race with pillocks.
I saw in the replay that after you got punted you took avoiding action to make sure you didn't take me out as well. Got to say I appreciate it dude. Thx. (around 57:30 in my video)

Last edited:
I saw in the replay that after you got punted you took avoiding action to make sure you didn't take me out as well. Got to say I appreciate it dude. Thx. (around 57:30 in my video)
Oh hi there! I didn't know you were in the same race as me. :D

I would've hated myself for days if I took you out as well. If there's one thing I really try to do in any race, I try not to take anyone out. Safety is number 1 priority.

Bottled both my quali laps which put me plum last on the grid. Was doing the no stop though it felt very tedious. Race was going reasonably ok till I missed my braking point at T1 on the last lap...

It was a strange race, no stop was dead boring when I practiced it, so I decided to just go for it and stop, entered the pits a second off the lead didn't change tyres but the car refuelled really fast and I came out with a 4 sec lead! Held on for 900pts.

Here´s my Race in yesterday´s Toyota Supra Cup.
Had a really good qualy lap with 1.56,859 giving me a 3rd place on the grid in a decent 2500 points lobby (must have been 3rd strongest in EMEA). 👍
Even got the lead after T1 and had a nice fight with a polish driver for the win till lap 4 and a quick stop for some extra fuel. After the pitstop we were both surprise everyone else was on a no stopper. :banghead:
After that I battled through the field and still made it to 4th place in the end.
Still disappointed with my 2104 points as I could have won this on the right strategy. :ouch:

Back