Oh crap. You guys weren't kidding about the X1 challenge..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 63 comments
  • 7,307 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
It's so inhumane! :scared:
Even with the DFGT.
 
Oh crap is right :banghead:

I got all gold with my dfgt. The funny thing is my wheel developed a sticky left paddle shifter prior to unlocking the event. After I was finished, the problem no longer existed. :sly: Thank you X2010 challenge!
 
simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg


That being said, I also underestimated the difficulty of this challenge. It was only until after the 1.05 patch before I could Gold it, using the DS3
 
I thought that bronze was going to be easy. And it was with my DS3. It helps that I had an X2010 for months before I unlocked the Vettel challenge. :)
 
Just unlocked it and couldn't stay on track at all with my DS3...!
 
It will help if you practice with the midget for several hours then attempt the X1 challenge...
 
I did it earlier today actually, finally :) Monza was ok before the patch but couldn't for the life of me do Suzuka and the Nurb! Figured i'd give it another go today as PSN was down and it was easier, dunno if I've got better since then or what but hey lol, I know they lowered the times.

Actually completed the Nurb (bronze) challenge in 2 attempts. Was by .4 of a second mind, but still :P
 
It should be easier, they extended the bronze lap times. You should've tried it before they extended them, that was impossible.
 
Yes, bronze isn't too difficult now. Got all three in an hour, using a wheel with force feedback off (I disconnected the power to the wheel).

I'm having more trouble with that Alfa at Eiger...
 
I've been able to bronze them all. I probably could've golded the Suzuka race if I'd gone and done it directly after I finished the Suzuka 1000km race, but I didn't. I figure i'll need to put in at least a half hour straight on each track in practice mode before golding the challenge.

The Alfa at Eiger, that's a different story, as I've worked for HOURS trying to get better than bronze, and I just can't do it with my DFGT. After watching a few videos of how to do it, I think I may have to revert back to the DS3 as I can drift/slide using that much better than I can with the wheel.
 
On my third attempt to get all golds I got it.

Woke up the next morning with sore ankles and wrists.
 
I got gold on all three way before 1.05 update( I think i did it on December). However, I took 2 hours to gold them all, with Nurburgring being the hardest. I own a G25.
 
Only problem was that the next day my wrists were killing me and i couldnt feel my arms, they were lifeless.
 
They should have replaced Sazuka with Del La Sarthe.
 
They should have replaced Sazuka with Del La Sarthe.

And that will do us any good why?

For me, The Vettel Challenge was a nightmare, because I was unable to find the correct braking points in the corners, thus screwing me over. Every. Single. :censored:ING TIME!!!
 
avatar150832_9.gif

Represent!
👍

Makes you wish you can put a decal like that on your car.

Well my real-life truck has Doyer license plates front and back. Big win in the powder blues today! Matt Kemp is a beast, it's too bad Kershaw didn't get that last strikeout for the CG. Check out my signature.
 
Just thought the straight away would be fun as hell.

To be honest, the no chicane version is quite dull with the X2010. However even with higher downforce settings the X2010 will still do 260MPH down the straights between the chicanes and take the chicanes at a blistering 180+ MPH.

If one of the were to be replaced I'd think it should be Monza, however I can bet most of the internet would disagree with me there.
 
I'm having fits with Suzuka. Did Monza rather easily (about 3 tries), got Nurburgring in about 10 or 12, but Suzuka is killing me.

I've tried as many combinations of of driving aids that I can think of; tried switching back and forth between views, using d-pad, and the joystick.

Just trying to get bronze, any suggestions are appreciated. Using a DS3, not interested in buying a wheel.
 
If it helps to know; There are 3 variants of the X2010. The Sebasten Vettel, Plain Colour and Carbon Fibre. For some reason the Vettel variant is slightly more powerful than the other two.

My point is that you only have to bronze the event to get the Sebasten Vettel X2010. Golding everything is not essential
 
I'm having fits with Suzuka. Did Monza rather easily (about 3 tries), got Nurburgring in about 10 or 12, but Suzuka is killing me.

I've tried as many combinations of of driving aids that I can think of; tried switching back and forth between views, using d-pad, and the joystick.

Just trying to get bronze, any suggestions are appreciated. Using a DS3, not interested in buying a wheel.

I actually finished suzuka this late last night. Took me 2 clean goes to get bronze, and found the smoother i was the faster the time.....i stayed in 4th through the esses, 3rd through the 1st kink, 2nd through under the bridge, flat through the kink after the back straight, got bronze by about 1.5 sec....

Very hard to get used to though, i reckon that ds3 might actaully be faster as the distance from lock to lock is much faster than a wheel, the downside being it wouldnt be as smooth....

Hope this helps.......its a good car to grind with the network down:grumpy:
 
I actually finished suzuka this late last night. Took me 2 clean goes to get bronze, and found the smoother i was the faster the time.....i stayed in 4th through the esses, 3rd through the 1st kink, 2nd through under the bridge, flat through the kink after the back straight, got bronze by about 1.5 sec....

Very hard to get used to though, i reckon that ds3 might actaully be faster as the distance from lock to lock is much faster than a wheel, the downside being it wouldnt be as smooth....

Hope this helps.......its a good car to grind with the network down:grumpy:

The funny thing is the DS3 isn't as fast as a wheel for the reason you stated. It's not smooth, as that's the whole key of driving it fast. Turn the wheel as little as possible to keep the speed as high as possible. That's the trick to fast lap times with it, also being really gutsy and learning the grip limit helps greatly as well.
 
IT IS INSANE. My brother got his one today, on Monza, 250 K's through some corners, takes 1 minute or so to go around, it's sooo fast I don't want to even bother when I'm level 30, I just want to get to level 32 and win my Audi R8 LMS
 
First laps of each track got me bronze very comfortably. Could probably get silver pretty easy and gold would just be a nightmare, but I can't stand driving this car, it's just no fun.:(
 
I got all bronze with pad. I tried Suzuka like 1 zillion times until I made it.
 
I'm having fits with Suzuka. Did Monza rather easily (about 3 tries), got Nurburgring in about 10 or 12, but Suzuka is killing me.

I've tried as many combinations of of driving aids that I can think of; tried switching back and forth between views, using d-pad, and the joystick.

Just trying to get bronze, any suggestions are appreciated. Using a DS3, not interested in buying a wheel.

The best advice I can give you? Don't use ANY aids other than the stopping force one. Turn that on. Also, I set the ABS to 10 and traction control off.

Bronzing, with the new times, should be relatively easy. Just turn two laps with any sense of urgency (and don't DQ it) and you should get bronze.

Here's my gold medal run videos (with a turn-by-turn "breakdown"). Hope they help.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/1-REEtKatLE
http://www.youtube.com/embed/FyFY30pk7-I
http://www.youtube.com/embed/fBC0-h1mTs8
 
Back