Oil change annoying ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter amine787
  • 95 comments
  • 7,086 views
Messages
141
Messages
mounir5
Am I the only one who find the oil change too long and annoying, it would be better if we could have an oil change option when we press the triangle in a car, It suck that each time I buy a car from the UCD, I have to waste time to change oil, the worst is when I buy multiple cars and I need to change oil in all them, very loooong and annoying 👎:grumpy:
 
I agree. I like how quick it was to do an oil change and car wash in GT3. The animation in GT5 is unnecessary IMO.
 
I wish I could take care of it at the garage menu, the used car dealer, or just not have cars all come with bad oil. Doesn't matter how few miles are on the car either, since obviously the used car dealer is located at the bottom of a brackish lake.
 
Eh, its not that big of a deal, but when you have to maintain several cars, it can take some time
 
Agree i change oil alot. So a faster way would be nice
 
Nope...it only takes less then a minute to go through all the menu's to get to the oil, so if your that impatient, then this game is not for you.
 
The fact that its in gt auto (slowest menu item to enter) and can't be done to multple cars at once compounds the annoyance of changing oil... maybe make people watch the animation the first time for each car or something at most, then make it a button push in teh tuning screen.

And don't anyone bring up realism of oil changes until you find me a mechanic who changes oil on ever car completely while under the chasis.
 
Oil change?
Not annoying for me.
Take time?
Yes, even if it takes 10 second.
 
Nope...it only takes less then a minute to go through all the menu's to get to the oil, so if your that impatient, then this game is not for you.

Except that over the course of the game that's a huge amount of time wasted on something meaningless. Seriously, the whole oil change thing adds nothing to the game. It's a neat novelty for the first hour and then it loses its charm. I've guestimated that since the game was released I've surely spent at least an hour just on oil changes, and that's a shame.

The tedious driving-two-inches-from-the-shadows thing is more bullcrap that got old after the first two cars. I've spent almost six hours watching cars roll out of the darkness in this game, and that's a lot of wasted time.
 
I wish they would implement free roam and I would have to drive to jiffy lube to get an oil change :dopey:
 
Been the same way since GT1, not really a problem for me.
 
You'll have people complaining the colour of the new oil is wrong next!!!! ;-)
 
I find that PD should allow us to change oil while we are in online races, that would seriously save some time and save us having to leave the room to regain lost horsepower. Also while they are at it, allow us to remove spoilers and the like just like we can engine parts. In fact, just allow all GT auto functions online at the track, would save lots of time and annoying menu flipping.
 
Weird thing is: in almost every other game which has animations like this, you can either switch it off in the menus when you've seen enough or skip the animation when it starts. Only in GT, you have to sit through it.

I don't know, I just think it's common sense to give people at least an option to skip an often-repeated animation in a game. Am I wrong?
 
It's annoying because it takes so long - navigating GT5 is like trying to run through 4 ft of molasses.
 
I have a feeling that without the oil change and car wash animations, we would just have a loading screen instead :(
 
All the animations in GT get annoying after a while. I don't even want to think about the time I've spent not driving and in menus. Getting kicked out of the dealers after buying a car is the most annoying.
 
The process could definitely use some streamlining as long as they never remove that cool sound of the draining and filling of the oil.:)
 
Nope...it only takes less then a minute to go through all the menu's to get to the oil, so if your that impatient, then this game is not for you.

Less than a minute? I suggest you actually time how long it takes to switch to the car, wait for game to save, then navigate to GT Auto, then wait for one of the longest menu loading screens in history, then click oil change, watch car magically float into the air while hearing a lift sound, PS2 quality character slide under car, watch oil meter go down, then back up, watch car magically float back down, hit back icon, click home icon, wait for game to save again, stare at GT logo loading screen, arrive back at GT home.

The actual act of already being in GT auto and doing the oil change takes 23 seconds.
 
So out of all the problems you pick this small, insignificant one? There are much more important issues to be fixed in this game. Lets have three tune saves, tire pressure, more premiums ext. I mean the list just goes on and on, and this is down at the bottom of them all.
 
I must be getting old. I find the oil change to be a quite therapeutical rest in between racing. It is also much quicker than doing the job on my real cars.
 
I would like it if there was a tick box option in your garage, you could tick multiple boxes then go to oil change, and it changes all the oil on the selected cars. I will do a number of series and buy a number of cars and oil changing them all is a pain in the A$$
 
Oil change is the best part of the game. That dude actually swallows an entire tank of oil, cleans it using his stomach and then spits the clean oil back in. All that whilst levitating the car using the power of his mind! It's like Jackass crossed with Paranormal Investigation.

And 3hour menu navigation is GT tradition - We all complain but, lets face it, we'd kinda miss it if they made the menus usable.
 
Everything takes too long in GT5. Except A-spec (in total number of races).
 
Back