Oil change annoying ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter amine787
  • 95 comments
  • 7,086 views
Oil change is the best part of the game. That dude actually swallows an entire tank of oil, cleans it using his stomach and then spits the clean oil back in. All that whilst levitating the car using the power of his mind! It's like Jackass crossed with Paranormal Investigation.

And 3hour menu navigation is GT tradition - We all complain but, lets face it, we'd kinda miss it if they made the menus usable.

Is this the funniest post in GTP history? Love the sarcasme...
 
Last edited:
The music is the most annoying part :yuck:

Yes, I really enjoy that they take the custom menu soundtrack that I've carefully selected to never be annoying, and replace it with 'the best of public domain hits' for a few menus.
 
Oil change is the best part of the game. That dude actually swallows an entire tank of oil, cleans it using his stomach and then spits the clean oil back in. All that whilst levitating the car using the power of his mind! It's like Jackass crossed with Paranormal Investigation.

And 3hour menu navigation is GT tradition - We all complain but, lets face it, we'd kinda miss it if they made the menus usable.

Is this the funniest post in GTP history? I love sarcasme...

Yes I have to say that's one of the funniest posts I've read here!

I agree with the OP, it's a truly awful part of the game, That whole menu system should be incorporated into the garage (someone earlier suggested this and I agree).
 
I just find it mental that they don't do it automatically when needed before every race. What race car runs on old oil? It's like filling up the fuel tank and changing broken wipers before a rece IMO.
 
I just find it mental that they don't do it automatically when needed before every race. What race car runs on old oil? It's like filling up the fuel tank and changing broken wipers before a rece IMO.

That's very true. All race cars should be exempt from the oil change, as you say it should be automatically done before a race.
 
the animation was cool & cute at first
but its really annoying now
although tanK god they did something about loading times , it was much worse before updates
 
Everything takes too long in GT5. Except A-spec (in total number of races).

Exactly! So yes, an option to turn off the animation would be very much appreciated, indeed. 👍
 
I don't mind it too much. I think its worth it to get the little extra horsepower. If anything it make the game more realistic.
 
Eh, its not that big of a deal, but when you have to maintain several cars, it can take some time

This.

For premium cars i don't care because i buy them and i go straight to GT auto to see the aerodynamic kits, to change rims, and maybe paint it, so i do the oil change, but with standard cars it's a problem because i buy a lot of them and i don't want to los time changing the oil of 5 cars everytime i enter the UCD, i have lik 300 premium, i guess 50 have new oil
 
God, I thought I saw everything,
I'm waiting to see "My car isn't fast enough! it's PD's fault!"
And yes, I agree there should be a skip option.
But does the minor 10 seconds of time really bother me? no.
 
Doesn't really bother me, well maybe that it costs 250 credits to watch some guy fondle your oil pan. But I imagine, since PD would like to make things as real as possible, if you wanted to change the oil in the garage menu it would take 3 times as long. Because maybe you didn't buy the right oil filter, or maybe you forgot what size nut the drain plug is so you go back and forth to your socket/wrench set to figure it out, oil filter wrench that you bought doesn't work so you've got to improvise a way to remove it, wait for all the old oil to drain from the pan, carefully pour the new oil as to avoid spillage.

You should feel glad the magic GT Auto guy does it perfect every time and somehow sucks all the bad oil out and then forcefully injects fresh oil with no mess.
 
I dont mind having to change the oil so much if it didnt take so bloody long
 
When you want to squeeze those last few bhp´s out of your car, then it has to be done. Besides, this keeps the engines healthy.
 
I guess people will complain about the smallest things...pathetic.
 
I really don't mind changing the oil but if forgotten then you take the car to the track you only find out when you get down to driving it with the oil light being on... I think they should add the oil light in your home garage so when your browsing them you can see it needs a change :)
 
Last edited:
I really don't mind changing the oil but if forgotten then you take the car to the track you only find out only when you get down to driving it with the oil light being on... I think they should add the oil light in your home garage so when your browsing them you can see it needs a change :)

This is a very good idea. No end of times have i purchased a car, left it for a few days, gone to do a race in it and realised i hadn't got round to changing the oil.

Another little addition i would find useful would be to change the oil mid-championship. Im currently putting bob through the Formula GT championship and cant help but think the other cars are slightly faster now. (I am on race 4, nurburgring gp/f). And for high performance machines like these you wouldn't dream of using the same oil for 6 races! Saying that i know the Le Mans cars have to, but they are not GP cars, so would use a different oil i imagine.
 
Wash your go-kart. The cleaning crew gets replaced by ghosts.
 
I hate the whole oil change thing period. Cars should have static performance.
 
The oil change and car wash animations should be skipable. If I press X a few times, doing these actions should be very quick (less than a second). In fact, it should be possible to do the oil change at least from the garage - perhaps an option from the triangle (context) menu...
 
i'm playing since release and I never changed oil on any of my car...
 
BongoManCan
I really don't mind changing the oil but if forgotten then you take the car to the track you only find out when you get down to driving it with the oil light being on... I think they should add the oil light in your home garage so when your browsing them you can see it needs a change :)

Agree, or make it able to do at the screen where you can select start race and stuff
 
I don't mind changing oil but I hate the long winded way it's done.

Should be able to go to garage and press triangle to bring up the menu then select oil change!
 
The thing I hate most about this game is the long, painful, annoying process to change oil.
 
Oil change is the best part of the game. That dude actually swallows an entire tank of oil, cleans it using his stomach and then spits the clean oil back in. All that whilst levitating the car using the power of his mind! It's like Jackass crossed with Paranormal Investigation.

And I thought it was just me who'd had this thought come to mind as I watch the mechanic slide under the car without even a wrench!
 
i like the music in gt auto. this keeps my frustration about it down :D
 
i mute the tv every time i go in to gt auto. after having that god aweful song stuck in my head for a month straight, i don't want to risk it any more
 
i'm playing since release and I never changed oil on any of my car...

You should though esp. for FGT Championship and NASCAR series. Anyway I just hate having to navigate the menus. I don't mind the oil change just wish I could do it right before the race in the settings menu.
 
GT Auto has no place in the game. The maintenance aspects are pointless, and changing horsepower is simply annoying, though it's easier to fix with power limiters now.

Shelf GT Auto, and put all the used cars in the new car dealership. It would be a huge improvement.
 
Would be nice if there was an option to change it automatically when needed and deduct the credits from your amount.
 
Back