Ok. I'm stuck. Anybody beat Nascar Exteme B-Spec yet?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 361 comments
I guess all Bobs are the same idiots after all! Still idiots though -_-

I'm attempting this event again later, only had 1 attempt and failed miserably but if bob fails again then i'm calling in Jack Bauer to make him win. :mischievous:

Bob wins Laguna Seca after leading from lap 5!
👍
Well done, now onto the Championship decider...
15 points ahead of Second.
Don't cock up now Bob...

YES!
Thank you Bob thank you!
He wins by 45 points, with 280 points!
He finished the race 5th, with the closest competitor 7th!
Thanks for all the help everyone, it'll be much easier from now.

Taking an emergency pit on Grand Valley, Bob is also dead last...

Yeah, I think the setup posted for this race is all wrong. Bob spun the car on lap 5/8, because the tires were so bad. It just wears the tires much too quickly. I suggest easing up on the downforce and ride height. For example, instead of using the same settings for the High Speed Ring, I went to 35/50 for RH, and -25/-25 for suspension, and managed to win. The tires were just starting to go, when I crossed the finish line.

Saw some extreme rubber-banding, though. I was a good 3s ahead of the whole pack, and one car managed to catch and slingshot past me on the straight. If he achieved that just from drafting, I'd be surprised.

Same @#$& with Laguna Seca... you simply can't finish the race on one set of tires with this setup. Well, unless Bob-spec level has something to do with tire wear (by bob is at level 16; I'm using him because his arrow is blue, and he's pretty agressive)

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the setup posted for this race is all wrong. Bob spun the car on lap 5/8, because the tires were so bad. It just wears the tires much too quickly. I suggest easing up on the downforce and ride height. For example, instead of using the same settings for the High Speed Ring, I went to 35/50 for RH, and -25/-25 for suspension, and managed to win. The tires were just starting to go, when I crossed the finish line.

Saw some extreme rubber-banding, though. I was a good 3s ahead of the whole pack, and one car managed to catch and slingshot past me on the straight. If he achieved that just from drafting, I'd be surprised.

Thanks, any more changes that should be made to the current setup?
Drivetrain?

That setup is for B spec. I won each race easily with it except daytona where I was 4th.

What utter horse@#$%

Was second in the championship by 45 points (because Laguna and Deep Forest are impossible), with one race to go. Easily won at Daytona, but kept an eye on the other positions; first place guy had to finish 4th or worse for me to win. Last corner, and he was 7th... when I crossed the finish line, he was 3rd. Lost the championship by 5 points, and now I have to put up with this @#$% all over again.

Did I ever mention I hate Nascar?

It should never have been placed in GT5. It has nothing to do with Gran Turismo.

EDIT: And yes, I'm talking B-spec.

I would be screaming at Bob "WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOING? This is a race not some drifting show!"

When the AI slides, Bob just copies them instead of taking advantage!
It looks like he does it intentionally too!
ARGH!
And then when you change camera to look at the AI, their tyres are fine???

I used a level 25 bob (about 90% hot) and he won all 5 races comfortably. Downforce to 40 front and 45 rear and ride height to +8 front and rear for all races. The transmission is the only thing I set different for every race.

Not sure what's the worn tires about, I didn't see the tires drop to a dramatic point (racing hards)..

I used a level 25 bob (about 90% hot) and he won all 5 races comfortably. Downforce to 40 front and 45 rear and ride height to +8 front and rear for all races. The transmission is the only thing I set different for every race.

Not sure what's the worn tires about, I didn't see the tires drop to a dramatic point (racing hards)..

I've tried many setups now.
No harm in trying yours...
Bob just finishing off Super GT first in an X1.

You're setup won me the remaining races that I haven't Golded.
Thanks 👍

Yes yes yes, finally. Big thanks to marcandre187 and Sander H.

Won the 1st race no probs, spun out halfway through grand valley and quit that race but won the next 2 races. Was 10 points behind going into the last race @ Daytona, had an epic battle for 15 laps but on the 15th lap bob started to pull away out of draft range and secured victory by 15 points. All Extreme events completed. :D

Never doing that **** again. :D

Yes yes yes, finally. Big thanks to marcandre187 and Sander H.

Won the 1st race no probs, spun out halfway through grand valley and quit that race but won the next 2 races. Was 10 points behind going into the last race @ Daytona, had an epic battle for 15 laps but on the 15th lap bob started to pull away out of draft range and secured victory by 15 points. All Extreme events completed. :D

Never doing that **** again. :D

I need help with the tyre wear on Grand Valley...
Bob keeps sliding like an idiot.

I'll try this again with one of these setups, last time I did it, Bob annoyingly managed to hit the side of Daytona and rolled over, I don't think Bob noticed the bland AI and tried to pass in a stupid place, as usual... :rolleyes:

Make sure your bob is in shape, at least a green arrow but a blue arrow would be even better. My bob was blue during all 5 races, maybe yours is orange and not in shape?

Yeah, it's an orange arrow.
How do I make it blue?

EDIT: Should I Pace Down the whole race to help with tyre wear?

Back