Ok. I'm stuck. Anybody beat Nascar Exteme B-Spec yet?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 361 comments
I got it on my first try. Only upped the Down-force to max, switched max speeds between 310 - 400 depending on the race, did the oil change before starting the series and set the Brake Ratio to 1F and 1R.

Managed to win Daytona with only a +0.065 difference, Bob drafted very well out of turn 2, passing two cars to finish first. He's only level 21 and he's almost all the way Cold.

I managed it with my level 19 Bob. Downforce is key on the twisty tracks. I lowered front and rear a lot, and brake balance down to 1/1 but didn't change anything else

I had gear ratios around 250mph on Indy & Daytona and about 210mph on the others.

Only managed 2nd on Nordschleife and 6th at Daytona, but won the others. Grand Valley was the only one that needed MAJOR babysitting, the others only took minimal poking

I managed to beat the championship by 5 points. Mind you, two out of the 6 races or how ever many there are, i did not get gold. One of those races being daytona.

Tuning a NASCAR is basically the same as any other car...
I'll post my full setups when I get back to the game, but it's pretty basic:

Aero: Max both
Ride Height: -25 -20
Springs: 18.6 17.6
Sway Bar: 6 7
Camber: 1.5 .5
Toe: .2 .15
Everything else stock and adjust the brakes and transmission as needed. This will win everything but Daytona going away with TC set at 1 and ABS on.

Daytona:
Aero: Minimum both
Height: +15 +15
Springs: 19.6 18.6
Everything else the same as before and turn off all driving aids. Ride the yellow line, especially in the straights so they cannot draft off you. They shouldn't be able to even get beside you. It is that easy.

Last edited:
I'm encountering more trouble racing this series myself than Bob did. I golded it on B-spec. In A-spec....I'm sorry but these driving rocks don't seem to be able to handle.

Anybody have any tips on how to get gold for grand valley / daytona for bspec?

I have the rest gold using a 360km/h tranny, but i can't come better than 9th for Daytona. Any tips/strategies are appreciated.

I'm encountering more trouble racing this series myself than Bob did. I golded it on B-spec. In A-spec....I'm sorry but these driving rocks don't seem to be able to handle.

I have to agree I got gold on B spec long before A spec.
On A spec I took it one race at a time till I had gold on each and every race then I ran the whole series to get gold.
I did follow a lot of the setups on this site and they really helped. It did cause me a lot of grief and I have an new admiration for the people that drive these for a living.

For the traditional tracks (left and right turns!) use max downforce, on grand valley set you transmission to 260 km/h as the straight isnt long enough to get to top speed.

On daytona set downforce to minimum and speed to around 420 km/h, a toe in of around 6 would be helpful on the oval as well.. You will have to spam pace up as well.

Put some Racing Soft tyres on, then it's easy as cake! Oh, and DON'T brake at the start/finish line.... ;)

I'm able to beat the first course out of the 5 courses with no problems, but as soon as I start the 2nd course, the boneheaded B-spec driver of mind drives like a 2-year-old: horrible. Any of you guys manage to get a gold for this series?

Hope this be helpful to you:

I suggest you to try new configurations of the car in Grand Valley. Yo won´t be able to change the tires or traction control, or some other racing settings, but you will be able to change the car settings, such as downforce and gears (how short or long shifting you want), etc. Less downforce will give your tires long last. Use the best B- pilot you have (more experienced) and do not order to overtake at the beggining, because you will need the tires grip at the end. Another trick is not to enter the pits to change tires (because you will loose much time on it). Keep the rythm at the beggining and then after 4 or 5 laps, increase it.

Regards,

luiger.

I tried your advice on daytona, it seemed to help but then i get overtaken by an entire row of cars around lap 15 from the inside, and bspec bob doesn't know how to block.

tried it twice already and kept losing, it's making me rage already.

I tried your advice on daytona, it seemed to help but then i get overtaken by an entire row of cars around lap 15 from the inside, and bspec bob doesn't know how to block.

tried it twice already and kept losing, it's making me rage already.

Instead of hitting pace up at Daytona i use pass and that seemed to work for me .

Ended up 2nd and all the rest of the races Gold

Make sure you do an oil change before the race, as every little bit helps! What level are you bobs, by the way? I think i levelled mine up abit and came back to the NASCAR races.

tried with a 27 bob (that was raised through endurance....has no experience) and a 24 bob (with experience) and both just lost terribly. They would take the lead for a couple of laps but near the last few laps they would get overtaken.

Grand Valley was definitely the hardest race in this series. I have now managed to gold all races but it wasn't easy.

2 things I would like to point out:

1. Not all bobs can drive a nascar, some of them are just constantly oversteering and braking too hard so don't use them - switch to another driver.

2. For the Grand Valley race don't expect to be out front until the very end. You will likely run around 7th 8th or 9th during the most of the race. You need to keep hitting pace down to keep bob from oversteering or wheel spinning and wearing out the tyres.
You need to do this even if it means you lose a place - trust me it will all come good at the end of the race. If you have kept bob under control you should see that during the last 2 laps all the other cars are sliding about because they have worn out their tyres, but not you!! This is your chance to overtake them all.

I hope this helps some of you that are stuck on these races, they really are quite frustrating but rewarding once you get it right.

P.S. There is a really good tune for the NASCARs somewhere on this forum, that may help a little too.

I agree, grand valley was the hardest. the others i had a 4-5 second lead while babysitting bob. Daytona on the other hand, I acidentially hit the pit button and couldnt cancel it and it caused me to come in 11th, but I managed to catch back up and lap a car from the back of the pack so I know gold wouldnt have been a problem. but that mistake and coming in 8th on GV caused me to come in 2nd for the series by 5 points....ug! I might re-do it this weekend to try for gold in all events with my L29 Bob.\

the trick for me was the transmission gearing and downforce, as was stated, road courses dont need allot of top speed or downforce, but you do need to tweak the LSD and camber/toe a little to get him to turn well.

Ovals -

1 and 0 for Brakes , Max Downforce gear for 1 notch under 249

Other Tracks -

LSD Top Value set too 40 thats it apart from Gearing for Max Speed on the Longest Straight . Oh yeah re-set the brakes to something sensible .

LSD will stop Bob being a wheelspinning Drifting Maniac use on every Circuit Except the Oval .

Although ive wont his event, i still havent won on the Daytona track, far from it actually, best place ive finished is 11th thats with 14 attempts and ive tried different tactics not that any work.
Im guessing its just luck to win here? or are they any certain things i can do ?

It was bad enough on A-Spec after 36 attempts i won by 0.001

If theres a post about this already,sorry,i had a quick ganda through the other posts, didnt see anything..

Did an oil change on a car, then alternated between pace up and overtake till my driver was in first. He then easily took first just by maintaining pace.

The first time I did it I won the championship, then just went back to gold some races I hadn't golded, but I cant win in Daytona anyway, he always crashes into the walls, and drops his speed by 20-30 km/h, sometimes I'm 6th or 7th then I drop to dead last, and I cant recover, once he crashes he may even get some positions but then he crashes into the same corner. I've tried using the Impala that I won from Nascar Special Events and a Fusion I bought, but no win so far with any of the two, I've heard the Toyota's are better? Any setting to help me do this?Last time I tried my Bob J. Chan was level 30 I think, now he's 32 or 33 and I will try again, just wanted to make him competitive, not just crash, maybe its the way it is? Or am I so unlucky? I remember that even in A-Spec it was hard the AI seems to corner faster than I do.
So any tips?

Anyone completed this yet? I've done all the Extreme events except 2 one being Nascar. Attempted it once and Bob won high speed ring and Indianapolis but on the other 3 got hammered, burns through his tyres like crazy and drives about as aggressive as an OAP doing the sunday morning cruise to the supermarket. Any tips?

This race is a pain in the ass. I got silver on my second try :(
There is a thread somewhere with tuning help for the car to win the race more easily. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems people like it.

Here is the setup:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141730&page=4#post4365427

Another one:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147077

My guess is that Formula GT is the second race you haven't completed:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142091&page=4#post4383051

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, will give one of those set ups a try tomorrow! Completed the F1 this afternoon comfortably, ridiculously time consuming for a pretty lame reward car!

Thanks a lot, will give one of those set ups a try tomorrow! Completed the F1 this afternoon comfortably, ridiculously time consuming for a pretty lame reward car!

Did it in A-Spec and barely made it. I'm terrible with the FGT.

I tried the first Nascar setup (in B-Spec) and it worked great.
I won all races except High Speed Ring.
It's better to leave it all on stock for that track.

Going for the FGT in B-Spec now.

i finally started winning with a tune from another post...pretty much the same tune as in this one...all that is left is the indy and then the championship...the pace up button seems to help more, with an occasional overtake command...it seems to be more benificial to have a more hot driver and keep him in the hot around 80%, especially when hes in the lead...ive noticed when my driver is in the lead and i let him get into the "cool", the other drivers seem to catch up to him, even if he is in a substantial lead, but when he stays in the "hot" he starts to pull away

i finally started winning with a tune from another post...pretty much the same tune as in this one...all that is left is the indy and then the championship...the pace up button seems to help more, with an occasional overtake command...it seems to be more benificial to have a more hot driver and keep him in the hot around 80%, especially when hes in the lead...ive noticed when my driver is in the lead and i let him get into the "cool", the other drivers seem to catch up to him, even if he is in a substantial lead, but when he stays in the "hot" he starts to pull away

You don't need to practice Indy :P Just spam "Increase pace" on that track.

Always change your oil on a new car before driving. You will gain horsepower, usually around 10%. Especially helpful when buying a stock car as the cars are evenly matched.

First race - min downforce front and rear. Speed set to 242.
Second race - max downforce. Speed set to 190.
Third race - 3/4 downforce. Speed set to 217.
Fourth race - 1/2 downforce. Speed set to 217.
Last race (patience required) - min downforce. Speed set to 249.

With the last one,my.driver was up and down in the pack and then made a run at the end, won by 0.9 seconds.

Obviously do an oil change before starting the race, and if he doesn't win still finish as they improve their skills and you get xp. I used the same stats for A-spec as well, but tweaked the camber uptown around -6.
Excellent advice.
When I ran this as a championship (default settings - no oil change) I only won the Indy race by a nice margin.
For GVS I pitted on lap 6/7 and the crawled my way back up to 3rd. Had I pitted on lap 4/5 I probably would have made it to first.
HSR, Seca & Daytona was a mess.
Then I saw your settings, changed the oil & applied settings and I've rerun 4 races individually. All but Daytona have been golded. 👍

Still think that a pit on GVS with the settings mentioned is a viable option and winnable. Haven't tried it though second time around....

Back