Ok. I'm stuck. Anybody beat Nascar Exteme B-Spec yet?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 361 comments
YES!
I did it, finally got Gold in all of the races.
For the Grand Valley Speedway, it was important to pace down the whole race.
Then on lap 8, the last lap, my Bob was in 4th and overtook 3rd on the straight.
I pressed overtake and the AI with worn tyres were just sliding, Bob with ok tyres pounced on them and took the lead.
I did Pace Down for the last half of the lap and Bob won.
Setup was:

Aerodynamics:
40/45

Transmission:
Max Speed 217 MPH

Drivetrain:
Everything default

Suspension:
Everything default.
Ride Height 8/8

Brakes:
1/0

Race 1

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH

Race 2

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 219MPH

Race 3

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH

Race 4

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 224MPH

Race 5

Front Downforce - 35
Rear Downforce - 55
Front Breaks - 2
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - 15
Rear Ride Height - -15
Spring Pressure - 18.5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH

Thanks Bob loved the settings:tup:

Is it just me or does bob suck at ovals period, not just nascar? im trying to grind the american lvl 23 challenge so i can get to lvl 24 to buy the stupid formula GT (even though fgt races are lvl 23, go figure).

Anyways, im trying to grind that challenge for exp. and BOB, even though he has about 200hp advantage, manages to only pull off 9th place at indy after 20 laps *faceplam*

I skipped the Nascar challenges for this very reason, how is he supposed to win in a race where his vehicle is equal to others, when he can't even win with an advantage... seriously. Lvl 24 seems so close, yet so far.

Is it just me or does bob suck at ovals period, not just nascar? im trying to grind the american lvl 23 challenge so i can get to lvl 24 to buy the stupid formula GT (even though fgt races are lvl 23, go figure).

Anyways, im trying to grind that challenge for exp. and BOB, even though he has about 200hp advantage, manages to only pull off 9th place at indy after 20 laps *faceplam*

I skipped the Nascar challenges for this very reason, how is he supposed to win in a race where his vehicle is equal to others, when he can't even win with an advantage... seriously. Lvl 24 seems so close, yet so far.

Use a Ford GT and tune it fully.
Worked for me, Bob won by a comfortable margin.

Use a Ford GT and tune it fully.
Worked for me, Bob won by a comfortable margin.

I'm using the ACR viper fully tuned, because when i was playing that on A-spec, the Ford GT handled like dog doodoo. No matter how much toe out i put, and how low i set my front and how high i set my rear to reduce the under steer, it pales in comparison to a non tuned ACR.

I'm using the ACR viper fully tuned, because when i was playing that on A-spec, the Ford GT handled like dog doodoo. No matter how much toe out i put, and how low i set my front and how high i set my rear to reduce the under steer, it pales in comparison to a non tuned ACR.

I know, but Bob seems to love it, he took the lead at lap 2 or 3!

I know, but Bob seems to love it, he took the lead at lap 2 or 3!

I switched to the ford GT, and he is just as stupid as with ACR, when he's about to blow past a guy he's overtaking, he brake about when they are head to head... for no reason. "yea my car is faster than yours ahaha, oops im sorry, let me slow down because i would of passed you too easily, get back in front of me YAY"

jesus christ

I switched to the ford GT, and he is just as stupid as with ACR, when he's about to blow past a guy he's overtaking, he brake about when they are head to head... for no reason. "yea my car is faster than yours ahaha, oops im sorry, let me slow down because i would of passed you too easily, get back in front of me YAY"

jesus christ

Keep hitting Overtake and when he's in front keep using Pace Up.
My Bob was Class 24 btw.

OK. I'm trying this one again. This time with DF at 35/45 and RH at +8/+8 for all races. My Bob is level 21 with a blue arrow

1) 380km/h transmission: Won the first race easily by 22 seconds (half a lap)
2) Forgot to change the transmission for Gran Valley. Paced down for the first 4 laps, and stuck in 12th with a cool driver and no skidding. Let him drive himself the next 2 laps, and he passed a few cars. Lap 7, I start use some paceup/overtake commands to get around the field, with some pace downs at the hairy corners. If the main straight was 50m longer, I would've grabbed first, but I left the passing too late, and wound up 2nd by 0.011s :( Still a much better result that the previous time, and it was my own fault for leaving the gearing at 380
3) Reduced transmission to 350. You can afford to be a little more agressive here. I used the pace up commands just before the tunnel, and for the main straight. With this approach, I stayed ahead, and my tires lasted the whole race.
4) Second time around went much better. Transimission at 280. I kept him neutral for the first 5 laps, and he passed on his own. On the 6th lap, I had to pace up once and overtake the first place car, then it was smooth sailing. Used a pace up on the main straights, and a pace down on the corkscrew (just in case). Tires were still at halfway by the end of the race.
5) The last was the same as the first. Transmission at 380, get in front, then just spam the pace up button on the straights

So, I ended up winning the championship with 475 points, and only 2nd on Grand Valley, due to my forgetting to change the gearing, and waiting too long to overtake.

Good settings for me:

1) Oil change first!
2) Downforce at 35/45
3) Ride height at +8/+8
4) Springs 18.5/18.5
5) Transmission changes with race
6) everything else default

weird becuase my bob DOMINATES ovals!
Yeah, 4 golds and skipped grand valley :D Well done bob!

Won all golds my first try using the Nascar exclusive Toyota from Gamestop. Didn't change any of the tuning adjustments at all for any of the races. :)

Thanks to who posted the setup on the first page.
My bob ( lev 22, class 18) won the championship by winning 3 races.
No way for high speed ring (he just understeer all the way on the first corner, makingall tires red and loosing control). In daytona, he simply prefer to brake instead of overtake and to drive in an other line so his speed does not grow up.

the set up for grand valley was really good, didn't have to watch bob for about 3-4laps and he got himself to the top.
but the tyre's will go pretty fast in this setup, youll have to watch him from lap 6 and really nurse the remain grip from lap 7 and 8 =S, but the gear ratio is mad. accelaration is nuts.

the Daytona one is really good, during the bends it holds speed, but if your infront of the pack during the straight, you'll get drafted, but around the bends bob will fly.
had to do a second time for that set up, cause the first time bob came second with .074 behind ........ but the second time lolz ... +5.00 ahead of everyone O_o

don't forget to change your oil if your re-attempting~

thankou very much for the awesome set up marcandre187

YES i made it, all gold! thankes to the person who posted setups for every race on page 1! :D it wasn`t easy but with right setup and coaching the driver through the race did the trick!!!!

The tunes on page 1 are pure genius

I golded this easily with a level 26 bob and some coaching through the first few laps on each track until he got into 1st

Daytona is horrible - the AI in that race is super human. I would get a NASTY lead for about 4 laps and then WHOOSH homeboy just passes me like he has 100+hp or something. This pattern kept up the whole race until about lap 17 when my lead got too much for them and none of the other drivers could catch my draft. Coasted into the gold finish with 2nd place .45 behind me lol

marcandre187, thank you for your guide. Tried this with the car stock and failed miserabley. Tried one more time with your tunes and got all golds except for the last race. Screwed up major and on the second to last lap accidently hit the pit icon and lost half a lap. Finished dead last. $@&%

Thanks, used some of the setups in here. Managed to get 6th, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 9th. Still got Gold. Will have to refine my driver and setup and try to gold the others.

Keep him cool...Pace down,etc. Burning tires will lose it for you. Max the DF. I won by 10 points with the AI on my bumper most races. If Bob won't pass when you tell him, try Pace up.

My Bob is having some serious trouble on this event. He can't win any races what so ever! I don't like Nascars so i don't how to tune etc or even what particular Nascar to use if any have a slight aadvantage?

I'm hoping someone can help me out here? I even have Bob at level25 and just getting nowhere :(

Get you ride height down, set to a lower top speed and most importantly get bob some better tires. That will make a BIG difference.

Get you ride height down, set to a lower top speed and most importantly get bob some better tires. That will make a BIG difference.

Thanks :) I'm normally good with my Tuning but the Nascars I just HATE! lol. I'll Re-post and let you know how it goes :)

Back