Old CRAP PCARS Endurance Race Thread

• Thread starter Mr_D
  • 270 comments
Ok as of this evening my entry to the race on the 7th is looking a bit doubtful. I was going to do some practice with copes24 using the LMP1 cars @ Le Mans and had completed a few laps when my playstation crashed several times and now is asking for the system software to be loaded from an external storage device :(

Ok as of this evening my entry to the race on the 7th is looking a bit doubtful. I was going to do some practice with copes24 using the LMP1 cars @ Le Mans and had completed a few laps when my playstation crashed several times and now is asking for the system software to be loaded from an external storage device :(

Ouch. That's not good. Hope you get it sorted out buddy.

Nice, everyones joining :) What league were you guys racing in?

I used to do the Lotus Sunday cup on ps3. Work away a lot and missed a load of races but as long as im racing with decent lads now and again then I am cool with that.
Looking forward to the race. Hope the wheel set up is quick so I can get some practice laps in.

Wow, that sucks man...have you contacted Sony yet?

Wow, that sucks man...have you contacted Sony yet?
Haven't contacted Sony yet. Will try to reload the software tonight and if that doesn't work I will be going back to the retailer for a replacement or refund as it is only 6 weeks old.

Haven't contacted Sony yet. Will try to reload the software tonight and if that doesn't work I will be going back to the retailer for a replacement or refund as it is only 6 weeks old.
I hope you'll get it sorted soon. I've had some hard crashed with pCARS as well, really frustrating and they're never good for your PS4 :( I've also been having some problems with my ps4 not recovering from standby if I leave pCARS open, Im going to be more carefull with that from now on :(

I think the game is more buggy than sms cares to admit to
It shouldnt even have been released in this state thats for sure. Im still having a lot of fun with it when its working but you run into a bug every 5 minutes or so and now hard crashes as well..

I usually wait a while before I buy a game so this stuff is sorted out but I was really looking forward to this one. And ofcourse theyve delayed the game "to make sure we get the best experience possible" so you then expect a polished game at launch..

I think it could have been released as it is, as long as SMS were honest with the state it was in. I'm enjoying the game immensely, the bugs do dampen my experience a bit, but being told about them before release would have softened the blow a little.

At the moment I'd give it a 8/10, with all the bugs ironed out it could have been an easy 9.

I hope you'll get it sorted soon. I've had some hard crashed with pCARS as well, really frustrating and they're never good for your PS4 :( I've also been having some problems with my ps4 not recovering from standby if I leave pCARS open, Im going to be more carefull with that from now on :(

I read somewhere on the power settings if you use Rest Mode to be sure to uncheck the option 'Keep Applications Suspended' (if you have a Thrustmaster wheel anyway). I had noticed my wheel activating occassionally after i had finished playing and this seems to have eliminated some issues i was having as well.
If you want to download updates during rest mode sometime, then you need to turn this back on (i think), but i could care less, so i leave it unchecked now.

I read somewhere on the power settings if you use Rest Mode to be sure to uncheck the option 'Keep Applications Suspended' (if you have a Thrustmaster wheel anyway). I had noticed my wheel activating occassionally after i had finished playing and this seems to have eliminated some issues i was having as well.
If you want to download updates during rest mode sometime, then you need to turn this back on (i think), but i could care less, so i leave it unchecked now.
I now just close pCARS whenever I turn off my ps4. Still, its not supposed to happen in the first place

Did you choose it when you were in the race lobby (right before the race starts)? If you choose it then, it should be correct when you enter the race. Seems to work for me.
like Magrathea said

you know MR_D, every time i see your name i cannot help but flashback to my formative years playing endless hours of Mr Do on colecovision.

I'm giving away my age here :lol:

Attachments

• mrdo-screen-2.png
    mrdo-screen-2.png
    2 KB · Views: 9
  • mrdo_u.jpg
    mrdo_u.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
Did you choose it when you were in the race lobby (right before the race starts)? If you choose it then, it should be correct when you enter the race. Seems to work for me.

I've just tried three times. Each time it gave me a different one lol.

I've just tried three times. Each time it gave me a different one lol.

When you are in the lobby before the race starts, go to "choose car" scroll up and down (if there is more than 1 choice) to pick which car you want to race. Then press triangle, click on "select car", find the same car in your garage, press left or right to change livery. Now press X, it should save.

Ok I've found out what I was doing wrong. After saving the livery and leaving my garage it brings up the quick vehicle selection screen again, I was clicking on the car again thinking I had to confirm it. Thanks for the help.

Ok a quick update to my PS4 dramas and things don't seem as bad this evening. The console has started up a-ok but pCARS refuses to start. I have now deleted the game and all its data from the system and have started re-downloading the game. Fingers crossed this all works.

you know MR_D, every time i see your name i cannot help but flashback to my formative years playing endless hours of Mr Do on colecovision.

I'm giving away my age here :lol:
That looks...interesting? :lol: Ill stick to project cars :P

hate to clutter the thread, but has anyone located someplace where a person has posted pics of all the liveries in one convenient place? I have searched around and can't find anything like this yet.

Edit: closest thing i've found so far...

View attachment 376695

Last Sunday. The event of a lifetime. The CRAP P CARS Endurance race to end all endurance races. With allmost SIX competing DRIVERS. And YOU missed it! But not to be worried, SUNDAY THE 7TH OF JUNE is your chance to TAKE PART of the next EPIC event. Sign up Now!

This started from the CRAP pCARS thread but is open to everyone that likes a clean race. Race will be approx. 1hr long with a 15min practice and a 15min qualifying (not mandatory, you can join later), so the race will start around 7.30 PM BST (GMT+1).

CRAP Racing rules and Etiquette (also known as the CRAP Commandments):

1. Deliberate and/or repetitive corner cutting is forbidden.

2. If you come off the track you must re-enter with care by looking to ensure the track is clear.

3. Rage quitting the lobby is prohibited. If you have to leave the race early, please inform the race steward about the reason.

4. Dangerous and reckless driving is prohibited. If you cause an accident you must allow the victim to regain their place ahead of you even if that means other drivers pass you also.

5. You must respect and adhere to all instructions given by the race steward(s). For casual events the steward is the room host or whoever wishes to take on the role.

6. Attempting to subvert the regulations in any way will result in instant DQ from the event.

7. Breaching the pit blend line is prohibited.

8. Dive-bombing and ramming are strictly prohibited.

9. The stewards ruling is final and must be respected.

10. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY YOURSELF :)

Next race details

Date and time: Sunday 7th of June - 7PM BST (GMT+1)
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe
Cars: LMP1
Driving aids: Realistic
Damage and tyre wear: Real
Pitstop: 1 mandatory
AI: Grid will be filled. AI level 80
Drivers:
GTP account - PSN ID
1. Mr_D - Dongel (Host)
2. Eyeseeh50 - ICH-Motorsport
3. copes24 - copes24
4. lancashire_lad - Stormtrooper
5. Fatstig - Ronin_GTRonin
6. Spooky Wooky
7. Alegunner68 - alegunner68
8. GTracer2015
9. Magrathea

Winner 1st CRAP PCARS ENDURANCE RACE (SPA FRANCORCHAMPS): copes24

Link to CRAP thread
View attachment 376695

Last Sunday. The event of a lifetime. The CRAP P CARS Endurance race to end all endurance races. With allmost SIX competing DRIVERS. And YOU missed it! But not to be worried, SUNDAY THE 7TH OF JUNE is your chance to TAKE PART of the next EPIC event. Sign up Now!

This started from the CRAP pCARS thread but is open to everyone that likes a clean race. Race will be approx. 1hr long with a 15min practice and a 15min qualifying (not mandatory, you can join later), so the race will start around 7.30 PM BST (GMT+1).

2. If you come off the track you must re-enter with care by looking to ensure the track is clear.

3. Rage quitting the lobby is prohibited. If you have to leave the race early, please inform the race steward about the reason.

4. Dangerous and reckless driving is prohibited. If you cause an accident you must allow the victim to regain their place ahead of you even if that means other drivers pass you also.

5. You must respect and adhere to all instructions given by the race steward(s). For casual events the steward is the room host or whoever wishes to take on the role.

6. Attempting to subvert the regulations in any way will result in instant DQ from the event.

Next race details

Drivers:
GTP account - PSN ID
1. Mr_D - Dongel (Host)
3. copes24 - copes24
5. Fatstig - Ronin_GTRonin
6. Spooky Wooky
7. Alegunner68 - alegunner68
8. GTracer2015
9. Magrathea

Winner 1st CRAP PCARS ENDURANCE RACE (SPA FRANCORCHAMPS): copes24

Link to CRAP thread
Sing me up:-)
View attachment 376695

Next race details

Drivers:
GTP account - PSN ID
1. Mr_D - Dongel (Host)
3. copes24 - copes24