Old CRAP PCARS Endurance Race Thread

• Thread starter Mr_D
  • 270 comments
@x1lildude @ned_choker @Munir @TDZdave @IRandyPirate @spurski @Jallmari @Whaleboy
@ScottishPsyco @Triggsie @g3act @Barnezy318 @Spooky Wooky @Idinity @Ajgrizzle @Brit999
@Ph1sher @OooAhh Cantona @gtracer2013 @Captain Roh @moeom @GTracer2015 @Yamamoto-
@Jorrit82

Hey everyone (sorry if you got tagged twice I had to redo the whole list),

Since all of you signed up for the CRAP pCARS Club, I would like to invite you for the next CRAP Endurance race on Sunday the 7th of June, 7 PM GMT+1. It will be a 90minute race with day-night cycle on Circuit de La Sarthe (Le Mans circuit) in the LMP1 class, with a 15minute practice session (to allow everyone to join before the race starts), and 15minute qualifying session. Everyone that is a clean driver will be able to join. There aren't many places left so be quick if you want to join :)

Last edited:
sign me up! need some practice this week, but are there just 3 LMP1's to choose from? Are they all balanced in pcars? I noticed the Audi is from a different year. I have done no testing so just curious.

sign me up! need some practice this week, but are there just 3 LMP1's to choose from? Are they all balanced in pcars? I noticed the Audi is from a different year. I have done no testing so just curious.
I did a short test with copes where the P30 seemed to be faster than the Audi R18. Cant say anything about the othr cars though

@x1lildude @ned_choker @Munir @TDZdave @IRandyPirate @spurski @Jallmari @Whaleboy
@ScottishPsyco @Triggsie @g3act @Barnezy318 @Spooky Wooky @Idinity @Ajgrizzle @Brit999
@Ph1sher @OooAhh Cantona @gtracer2013 @Captain Roh @moeom @GTracer2015 @Yamamoto-
@Jorrit82

Hey everyone (sorry if you got tagged twice I had to redo the whole list),

Since all of you signed up for the CRAP pCARS Club, I would like to invite you for the next CRAP Endurance race on Sunday the 7th of June, 7 PM GMT+1. It will be a 90minute race with day-night cycle on Circuit de La Sarthe (Le Mans circuit) in the LMP1 class, with a 15minute practice session (to allow everyone to join before the race starts), and 15minute qualifying session. Everyone that is a clean driver will be able to join. There aren't many places left so be quick if you want to join :)

I think I did already sign up for this lol. Well if I didn't I am now!! Looking forward to it.

Ok a quick update to my PS4 dramas and things don't seem as bad this evening. The console has started up a-ok but pCARS refuses to start. I have now deleted the game and all its data from the system and have started re-downloading the game. Fingers crossed this all works.
Jeez,
Unfortunately I'm not able to make it, next time maybe though!
Meet you another time buddy

No Copes either? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. We get a race in sometime over the next couple of weeks though yeah? I got two weeks for gaming when i get back.:cool:
Looking forward to Sunday.
Hope to have the wheel set up but have not ordered the cable for the pedal set up. so I ask myself shall I go with the crap pedals and new wheel or DS4?
I dont know what car to choose cause i have not tried any of these cars so is it ok to pick on the day of the race?

My experience after a couple hours of testing. The audi r18 is slow and feels like it needs a tune. Turns out, it does not have kers as it is 2011 spec and the other two lmp1's are 2013 spec and faster with their Kers.

For me, with only a few laps thus far and with stock tune but full fuel (still way off the pace i imagine), i am a little faster in the Marek. But, the rwd p30 is very stable in my hands. Not sure which i prefer to be honest.
I'm sure with proper tuning these two cars are equal.

No Copes either? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. We get a race in sometime over the next couple of weeks though yeah? I got two weeks for gaming when i get back.:cool:
Looking forward to Sunday.
Hope to have the wheel set up but have not ordered the cable for the pedal set up. so I ask myself shall I go with the crap pedals and new wheel or DS4?
I dont know what car to choose cause i have not tried any of these cars so is it ok to pick on the day of the race?
You can, but I strongly suggest you get at least 1hour of practice in before the race. That also makes you less dangerous to others ;)

I'm going to go with the RWD P30 LMP1 as well. #99 Rapa (I love the Orange and Light Blue - reminds me of the Gulf Porsche in the Le Mans movie with Steve McQueen.

Does anyone know what Water and Oil temperatures should be during the race?

Is it OK to use the Sauber? I don't know how competitive/uncompetitive it is compared to the other P1s, the main reason for wanting to use it is because I paid extra for it. :lol:

I'd also be interested to know oil temp max, I've only tried a few races and my engine has blown each time. Not changed any settings but did bump my front end slightly which may have damaged my radiator. Or I'm red lining too much. Also how many laps will we be running ? as I'm trying to get my head round fuel loads and what aids will be aloud if any I'll go with the flow. Sorry if this info is elsewhere but I've not seen it, are we running with mechanical failures?

OK, whenever I race online it comes up in the same list as the other LMP1s, that's confusing.
really? i havent done much online. didn't realize that. Wait for Mr Do's response then, i may be mistaken about their allowability. No idea how fast their lap times are.

Oil AND watertempersture should be below 100C. I noticed in the P30 after a few laps engine temps were rising even with default radiator opening, so I turned it up to 60%. You can compensate the extra drag by closing your brake ducts a bit, theyll cool down on the straights easily.

Sauber isnt competitive I think. Does it even have KERS?

Laptimes are around 3:30-3:40, so I think we'll do 25 laps. Fuel is a tricky one, I believe you just wont make it on 2 full tanks (maybe depending on the car) meaning youll have to pit 2 times. Maybe we should do a few laps less so you only have to pit once?

@lancashire lad details about the race are in the OP, I keep that post updated so check back thete regularly :)

Thanks for the advise about the oil temp. I was pushing 110 almost the entire practice session I did. Engine didn't blow, but I seemed to be down on top speed at the end.

Back