Old CRAP PCARS Endurance Race Thread

• Thread starter Mr_D
  • 270 comments
Well, i for one, would love another shot at the race. I say we wait for Mr Do to be able to join us though. If we want to get together for a race we can do a practice for a future one.

Whomever won this one should create the next Enduro maybe? if they're interested in doing that anyway (or Copes, you won the first one, got a race you want to run?) Or Maybe Mr D already has the next idea tee'd up :D

Would love to but I will be attending the real thing this weekend :) If I take some cool pictures Ill post them here, we can compare them to the screenshots:lol:

3:32 is pretty good, I think my fastest in my practice sessions was 3:31 in perfect conditions. Wouldve been a nice race if I couldve joined :)

Shame about the strange lighting effects, havent seen this bug mentioned on the forums yet or in the patch notes. Ill report it on the official forums.

btw @lancashire lad, you can press square in the replay and the UI will disappear :)
Yep your right, I'll remember to do that it any future photos, sorry about my headphone volume, even when I switched my headphones to mute apparently it was still loud your end so I unplugged them. After looking at my settings after the race I had the Mike set to full in the ps4 setting, I've turned it down to just less than a third now so let me know how that is next time.Don't think I'll be able to do this weekend as I'm going to the pageant of power car show in cheshire.

TCS is allowed for LMP1 cars, thats why it was turned on. ABS isnt allowed on LMP1 but we decided you could use it
(if you wanted to) because not everybody has the same skills or time to practice, so this way I was hoping to keep the grid a bit more together and prevent crashes.

Oh ok, I understand. Thanks

Thanks everyone, Im sure its going to be awesome :)

Sunday is not going to happen for me but you guys are more than welcome to set up a race for yourselves and keep this thing going :) To whoever is going to host the room; set up a testlobby beforehand to get the settings right :)

Ill probably.be online tonight so if anyone fancies a race let me know

I'll open a lobby on Saturday and one on Sunday at around 5pm UK time (this is flexible), It will be Le Mans circuit with the prototype group cars, 22 laps with a day-night-day sequence (exactly the same as this past weekend).

I'll happily race the same track again next weekend if Mr-D wants to do another race when he gets back from the real thing.

I hope people want to join that's great, if not I'll be fine racing the AI.

Last edited:
I'll open a lobby on Saturday and one on Sunday at around 5pm UK time (this is flexible), It will be Le Mans circuit with the LMP1 group cars, 22 laps with a day-night-day sequence (exactly the same as this past weekend).

I'll happily race the same track again next weekend if Mr-D wants to do another race when he gets back from the real thing.

Nice one @Spooky Wooky and thanks to @copes24 for the video. I'll add the details for this weekend to the club thread. @Mr_D please could you update this thread's title when you get the chance to show spooky's race times? Thanks mate.

I won't be there this weekend but I will be on from approx 8pm BST (+1 GMT) this Friday evening for a good few hours running a private CRAP pCARS room which will feature a particular theme for the night at a mixture of tracks in medium length races along with a feature race a little later on.

Edit: it will be a Porsche Supercup series of 30 minute races.

I'll put the full details on the club site. Once you've joined the room you can all send your own friends invites from the lobby.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/crap-pcars-club-ps4-ad-hoc-around-the-clock-open.327783/

I'll also be on in around 5 hours from now if anyone else is.

Last edited:
I'll open a lobby on Saturday and one on Sunday at around 5pm UK time (this is flexible), It will be Le Mans circuit with the LMP1 group cars, 22 laps with a day-night-day sequence (exactly the same as this past weekend).

Thanks for taking over Spooky. Sunday the 21st Ill definitely be available for another serious race so we'll set something up for sure! :)

Just as a quick aside on Friday night (8pm BST (GMT+1) I'll be running a Porsche (ish) Super Cup. 30 minute races. No points, just for the fun. More details shortly.

That is some very good footage. You weren't joking though, I am somehow completely missing from the replay.

I guess it was because of the connection. I noticed your ping was over 100 during the race and your car was flickering a little at times.

The main thing is it didn't affect the race. In Gran Turismo players would be invisible during the race as well.

I guess it was because of the connection. I noticed your ping was over 100 during the race and your car was flickering a little at times.

The main thing is it didn't affect the race. In Gran Turismo players would be invisible during the race as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm new to a lot of this - haven't raced on line for about 15 years (on a PC). I usually have a fast and reliable connection, but the flickering started during the night portion of the race. I thought it was a bug, but maybe it was just my connection.

Thanks for the info. I'm new to a lot of this - haven't raced on line for about 15 years (on a PC). I usually have a fast and reliable connection, but the flickering started during the night portion of the race. I thought it was a bug, but maybe it was just my connection.
Where in Indiana are you from Magrathea? My family all grew up in The South Bend area, but we're scattered all over now. Still have some family in south bend and indianapolis though. Dad graduated from Purdue and uncle from Univ of Indiana. I Grew up in Chicago myself and have emigrated to the Atlanta area :lol:

Sometimes it's just difficult to keep a completely stable connection with players from around the world. It's usually not too bad with England, but i race with a bunch of Aussies at times and it can be very laggy.

Where in Indiana are you from Magrathea? My family all grew up in The South Bend area, but we're scattered all over now. Still have some family in south bend and indianapolis though. Dad graduated from Purdue and uncle from Univ of Indiana. I Grew up in Chicago myself and have emigrated to the Atlanta area :lol:

Sometimes it's just difficult to keep a completely stable connection with players from around the world. It's usually not too bad with England, but i race with a bunch of Aussies at times and it can be very laggy.

Ah, in the shadow of the golden dome. Yep, you grew up pretty close to where I am. I live in Fort Wayne. It's nice to know there is a former Hoosier in this group!

Saturday's endurance race will be a little earlier than 5pm (UK), a couple of people have asked for the start time to be moved back a bit, so Saturday will be a 2pm start.

Sunday's is still the same. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Saturday's endurance race will be a little earlier than 5pm (UK), a couple of people have asked for the start time to be moved back a bit, so Saturday will be a 2pm start.

Sunday's is still the same. Thanks. :)

Hi Spooky Wooky,

If you changed the time because we asked for this, we were talking about Sunday. So perhaps the two got mixed up. Can we change the earlier time to Sunday? If not, too bad, Yamamoto- and myself will see you next time!

Yes I did, lol. OK no worries, misunderstanding on my part. I can't move Sunday back sorry. There is always next weekend though. Thanks for clearing things up.

Back