Old CRAP PCARS Endurance Race Thread

• Thread starter Mr_D
  • 270 comments
Sorry guys. Engine blew, wasnt sure if i should just sit there or leave, so i left.

Who slams on their brakes going into tetre rouge anyway? Good grief! Waste of my week practicing for this.

Apologies to anyone who got involved in that start; next time, i am skipping quali and starting slowly at the back. I'll have to practice that standing start. I only practiced rolling starts as i thought we were emulating lemans. I'll learn.

Last edited:
Really really sorry guys, start of lap 7, fist corner, game freezes and restarts my PS4 :(

I'm gutted, been looking forward to this race all week. Hopefully SMS can get these stupid bugs out before next time.

I was really enjoying it up to that point, had a nice little battle with storm trooper and could see copes eating up the distance between us.

I don't know what happened to the AI cars, I set them to "on" but they didn't turn up lol.

Ah, well, better luck next time, good race (what I had of it) and thanks. :gtpflag:

Had to quit. My gears were all wrong. Couldnt even get to my last gear. Plus I kept spinning out. Had practiced that track/car and never spun out once. I spun at least 4 or 5 times during practice and race.
I have played GT online loads and never had such a bad time. I seen loads of collisions at the start and think most guys left.
I was online with jshoon a couple of weeks ago and we had a great race, bumper to bumper for around 5 laps till i spun out. Maybe i had an off night but defo something different with the car from practicing last day or so.Hope the guys that were left had a good race. maybe catch you for another race soon?

:lol: What a disaster this turned out to be. I think we had a couple of "randoms" in with us at the start. Someone with their engine cover missing tried to ram me as I went past.

Had to quit. My gears were all wrong. Couldnt even get to my last gear. Plus I kept spinning out. Had practiced that track/car and never spun out once. I spun at least 4 or 5 times during practice and race.
I have played GT online loads and never had such a bad time. I seen loads of collisions at the start and think most guys left.
I was online with jshoon a couple of weeks ago and we had a great race, bumper to bumper for around 5 laps till i spun out. Maybe i had an off night but defo something different with the car from practicing last day or so.Hope the guys that were left had a good race. maybe catch you for another race soon?

Maybe the driving aids setup was different between when you practiced and the race. Also did you load the right tune (and check settings to verify?) It can take a while to get to grips with loading setup.

Also @micantony to choose your livery online you currently need to go to the car select and press the triangle button to be able to choose a specific car and livery combination.

See you soon. I hope to be on at some point this week (illness dependent)

Looks like there was a problem or two.

If the room isn't set up as private there maybe is a risk of being allocated people randomly or them joining from the public lobby search. Maybe there are too many numpties at the moment. When we have run CRAP Endurance races in GT5/6 we've kept those rooms private.

Also for the AI set to fill grid the maximum human opponents must currently be set to the number of humans less the host. Only then do the AI appear. It's a bit cock-eyed but should work that way (although don't hold me to that).

Last edited:
Yep, that was interesting. I arrived late and didn't set a qual time (I think only 3 people did). I think we started with 11 drivers, but at least a couple were randoms. I started in 9th I think and was very passive at the start. The guy behind me went around and then proceeded to plow into some people in the Dunlop Chicane. By the end of the first lap I had settled in behind Spooky and already a few cars were crashed out.

Followed Spooky for awhile. Saw him trading paint with the car with the missing body work - lol.

After awhile I realized that my low downforce setup was much faster than most everybody else (or others had damage) and I was picking up positions rapidly. Alegunner was the only one who was running about the same pace on the Mulsanne straight. He went a little wide at some point and I was able to move to 1st. Bummer about his engine. Thanks to advise from Mr D, I had the radiator open to 80 and the temps were not too bad.

Opened up a nice lead before my pitstop. Copes was behind me (he must have been caught up in some trouble at the start because that was the first I saw of him). He pitted well before half way. When I pitted I wasn't sure if I should take tires. I went ahead and took them to be safe. I got the old wheel nut is jammed message and by the time I got out, Copes was all over me.

He went by me fairly quickly. He was much better than me in the slow parts of the track. I was able to up my game a bit and keep in contact with him. I was just getting enough of a sniff of his draft on Mulsanne to keep reeling him back in a bit. Eventually I got a run on him between Mulsanne and Indianapolis and took back first. I think on the next lap going into Indianapolis he hit me from behind on the corner exit. I don't blame him much, I was really slow there compared to him and it was only a small tap. Unfortunately it sent me sideways enough that I clobbered the guardrails. He stayed behind and gave me room to get going again. The damage was not major, but my top speed was down and my oil temp was too high.

He went by in a lap or two, and was pulling away easily at this point. Then on the last lap he pitted (I assume for fuel) which gave me the lead and the win. I don't know how close I was to blowing my engine, but I played it safe on the last lap and basically coasted around.

I think only 3 finished? Two others made it at least to lap 18. Had fun, despite the low turnout. It would have been nice to have some AI cars as company. Looking forward to the next one.

That was interesting, I had no time to practice at all for this event so wasn't expecting much. I had no idea about set-up but had read that the radiator vent needed to be open more. I qualified 3rd but once the race started it was obvious I had no straight line speed. Managed to hang on to the lead for a couple of laps before being passed. Managed to maintain 3rd place up to lap18 when I missed a braking point and headbutted a tyre wall. Radiator broken I tried to limp into the pits but ultimately blew the engine :-(
Ho hum!
I need more practice with the setting up of cars in this game!
Was good fun but copes and I did a couple of races afterwards which I enjoyed more, especially the Clio Cup cars at Oulton Park to celebrate the BTCC race.
Looking forward to the next event if I'm able to attend.

Also @micantony to choose your livery online you currently need to go to the car select and press the triangle button to be able to choose a specific car and livery combination.

Thanks JSB

I did end up with the livery i wanted. The damn game just doesn't ever show you what car colors you are in until the race starts, so i wasn't sure if I did it correctly. I just dont understand how you can miss so much basic stuff in designing a game. The big stuff is there, but all these little things were totally overlooked somehow, it boggles the mind.
Anyway, can't wait for a few updates to this game. It can be really good, so much is there, but it's a head banger right now. I hope i have the patience to wait it out. There's enough tracks to learn, so i think so :dopey:

Maybe we need to turn off real damage for a while in crap until we get more familiar with things and get better at it. I was very disappointed to have a blown engine on lap 1. Never even got a chance to pit and fix it. My own fault as i didnt realize it was going to go, but still. Wasted time for me. (again, give us some visual clues!!! I was not running in cockpit view to see the temps increasing, was just trying to get back to pits).

Last edited:
Well done @Magrathea_42! Good race and sorry for the bump.

I had to make three pitstops instead of one lol. After qualifying second I got a really bad start off the grid and found myself near the back after the first few turns. I then got clipped off someone sending me head first into the barrier, which meant I had to pit on the first lap to repair the damage. My second pitstop was planned but I got the jammed wheel nut which added 30 seconds. It also gave me the wrong tyre pressures so my tyres were overheated straight away and stayed like this for the rest of the race. With 2 laps to go I realised I would not have enough fuel to make it back to the pits after the race so I had to come in again for a few extra litres lol.

Despite the mishaps I still enjoyed myself. I saved the replay so I might upload my highlights if the PS4's editing software is user friendly. (Edit: Not many highlights to show as Magrathea is invisible on my replay so I won't bother lol)

Looking forward to the next one!
DSC_0028.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching the race yesterday, but are you guys always driving with forced bumper-cam? Because we (jorrit82 and I) prefer to drive with cockpit-cam. Same for the ABS and TCS? We prefer to race as realistic as possible. Do you plan to organize endurance races like that as well @JohnScoonsBeard ?

Last edited:
I was watching the race yesterday, but are you guys always driving with forced bumper-cam? Because we (jorrit82 and I) prefer to drive with cockpit-cam. Same for the ABS and TCS? We prefer to race as realistic as possible. Do you plan to organize endurance races like that as well @JohnScoonsBeard ?

I use helmet cam. I'm like you and would prefer it if interior views were forced because bumper and hood cams can give people an advantage. Unfortunately some won't want to give up this advantage lol.

Definitely enjoyed myself despite some mishaps and 3 pitstops. I'm up for another race, but if possible I'd prefer the cockpit-cam as proposed by Yamamoto-. Looking forward to the next event!

Sorry I may have misread what Yamamoto- was saying. If you were stuck on bumper cam and could not change view then that was a glitch. There is no forced bumper cam option and I was using helmet cam during that race. I would try re-entering the lobby if it happens again.

I had a terrible start but that kept me out of the carnage at the first corners,and after fiddling with my setup in qualifying my rear brakes kept locking under heavy braking in the race. Enjoyed the close racing while it lasted but spun 4 times at the Ford chicane's. Here are some pics of the race for anyone interested.
Project CARS Le mans (2).jpg
Project CARS Le mans (3).jpg

Attachments

• Project CARS Le mans .jpg
    Project CARS Le mans .jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Project CARS Le mans (1).jpg
    Project CARS Le mans (1).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Project CARS_20150607232031.jpg
    Project CARS_20150607232031.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 13
Sorry I may have misread what Yamamoto- was saying. If you were stuck on bumper cam and could not change view then that was a glitch. There is no forced bumper cam option and I was using helmet cam during that race. I would try re-entering the lobby if it happens again.

Okay, thanks copes24. Will keep that in mind next time

Really sorry to hear some had a bad experience, I feel a little bit responsible. It is very important you set the room to private, random people can mess it up very quickly :(

I was wondering what were the fastest laptimes people were doing?

Oh and did the daynight cycle work well this time? :)

Last edited:
Thanks @copes24! If there is no ABS and TCS I will join the next one!
TCS is allowed for LMP1 cars, thats why it was turned on. ABS isnt allowed on LMP1 but we decided you could use it
(if you wanted to) because not everybody has the same skills or time to practice, so this way I was hoping to keep the grid a bit more together and prevent crashes.

Really sorry to hear some had a bad experience, I feel a little bit responsible. It is very important you set the room to private, random people can mess it up very quickly :(

I was wondering what were the fastest laptimes people were doing?

Oh and did the daynight cycle work well this time? :)

On lap times. My fastest laps were after I was passed by Copes and had to push to keep up. They were certainly draft aided, but I think I saw a 3:32 something. In the night and when the sun was rising and setting I was MUCH slower.

The daynight cycle worked, but I did see some of that weird flashing near the grandstand at night (like at Spa, but not nearly as bad). Also, at one point Copes car was flashing in and out along with the dots from the other drivers. I have no idea why. My connection seemed fine. I'm assuming it has something to do with the day/night cycle as the same things happened at spa (except at spa the other cars did not flicker, just the dots and the lighting near the grandstand).

Is anyone up for trying again this weekend? Same track same cars? We could sort the AI out, but I think because there is no F! this weekend we can fill the grid.
Would love to but I will be attending the real thing this weekend :) If I take some cool pictures Ill post them here, we can compare them to the screenshots:lol:

On lap times. My fastest laps were after I was passed by Copes and had to push to keep up. They were certainly draft aided, but I think I saw a 3:32 something. In the night and when the sun was rising and setting I was MUCH slower.

The daynight cycle worked, but I did see some of that weird flashing near the grandstand at night (like at Spa, but not nearly as bad). Also, at one point Copes car was flashing in and out along with the dots from the other drivers. I have no idea why. My connection seemed fine. I'm assuming it has something to do with the day/night cycle as the same things happened at spa (except at spa the other cars did not flicker, just the dots and the lighting near the grandstand).
3:32 is pretty good, I think my fastest in my practice sessions was 3:31 in perfect conditions. Wouldve been a nice race if I couldve joined :)

Shame about the strange lighting effects, havent seen this bug mentioned on the forums yet or in the patch notes. Ill report it on the official forums.

btw @lancashire lad, you can press square in the replay and the UI will disappear :)

Last edited:
i think my Quali time was 3:30.xxx
but as i said, never completed a lap in the race as someone braked hard going into Tetre Rouge and i slammed into them cracking my radiator i guess. I don't even lift there when not in traffic.
I was using TCS, but no ABS. And i do use the hood cam generally.

Have fun this weekend Mr D! So Jealous.:cheers:

Back