OMRCC - One-Make Random Cars Championship *Series has been called off.*Finished 

• Thread starter CrazyJohn
  • 99 comments

What car list do you prefer for the championship?

• OMRCC list - Getz Type R '04 // Fit Race Car '03 // mm-R Cup Car '01 // Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) '03

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Japanese Hatchbacks (JHTC) - Swift '05 // Micra 125R '07 // Jazz '10 // Mazda2 '10 // Yaris '12

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greece
Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
VLX_CJohn
OMRCC
One-Make Random Cars Championship

20160808_161241.jpg

The championship is composed by 16 rounds.
Each round will be on a different track, however all the rounds will have variable weather and/or time.
There will be a Championship Standings table, and the person who has the most total of points when the championship is completed, wins.
The racing will be like shuffle racing we had back in Gran Turismo 5. If you do not know what shuffle racing means, here is what we mean:

Round 1 will be on car A. Round 2 will be on car B, Round 3 on car C etc.
Each car has different specs.

All races will have a set amount of laps. The total time of racing will be roughly twenty minutes.

Please keep it friendly and clean. This championship is made to both have fun with these small cars, and compete with the rest of the field, having battles and tight races.
Absolutely no mods or hacks.
There will be one mandatory pit wall, where drivers must pit. However they can pit more than once if their strategy is made to do so.
The abusing of the track limits is disallowed. The curb and the white lines are part of the track, whereas the grass, gravel or tarmac beyond the curb or the while lines, are not part of the track.

A driver can sign up either as a team or as an independent driver. Independent drivers and drivers included in a team will be separated, and a Championship Standings table including drivers from both categories will be made at the end of the championship.
Teams will have two drivers maximum and one driver minimum.
GTPlanet username / PSN username / Driver Number / Team
Example:
CrazyJohn / CrazyJohnIsHere / *driver number* / *team name*
Two people cannot use the same number at once.

Current sign ups:
CrazyJohn / CrazyJohnIsHere / #25 / Sliders Motorsports ¦ Greece
2. Harsk100 / HarskGaming96 / #78 / ??? ¦ Portugal

Reserves:
1. BenMillard / BenMillard / #85 / ??? ¦ United Kingdom
2. Lilium / Lilium_55 / ??? / Independent ¦ Portugal

Round 1

PSX_20160826_151551.jpg

Round 2

PSX_20160827_133515.jpg

The list will be continued soon.

Round 1 - Mid-Field Raceway Reversed
Round 2 - Autumn Ring

The rest is coming soon.

16 full-time sign ups accepted, alongside with unlimited reserve drivers.

We will race on Tuesdays / Wednesdays and Fridays / Saturdays.

If you want to convert to your local time zone, use worldtimebuddy.com as it is simple and easy to compare time zones.

Car: Toyota Vitz / Yaris F 2012
Track: Autumn Ring
Date: Tuesday August 30 (technically Wed Aug 31)
Race Start Time: 0:00 BST on Wed Aug 31
Qualifier Date and Time: 15-minute-long, starting 23:30 BST on Tue Aug 30

Track Weather: 30% at start, x15 changeability
Track Time: 9:00 AM track time, x5 changeability
Surface Water: 0% at start
Tyre and Fuel Wear: Very Fast
Nitrous: Prohibited
Power Restriction: 260 PS / 256
BHP
Weight Restriction: 866 kg
Performance Points Restriction: 473
PP

Race Poster:
TBA

Car Specs:

Power: 260 PS / 256 BHP
Weight: 866 kg UNLESS HANDICAPPED
Performance Points: 473 PP UNLESS HANDICAPPED

Parts Installed:

Stage 3, Sports ECU, Racing Exhaust, Isometric Manifold, Sports Catalytic, Intake Tuning, High RPM Turbo Kit. 100% Power Limiter (basically just fully tune the car)

Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Window Weight Reduction, Carbon Hood. No ballast, except if handicapped.

Aero Parts:

No wings allowed.
Rim inches increasing allowed.

For more accurate information, check out post #75.

Last edited:
At what time and day would this be?
and by car on the sign up, since its a one make, wouldn't that be excluded?

We will use cars that are used in one make races.

What do I mean with that:
The Hyundai Click Type R is used for one make racing.
The VW Lupo Cup Car is used for one make racing.
These cars will be available for use on OMRCC.
There are two more cars included, which will be announced soon.

And, what time and day are you available?

EDIT: Car Specs table included under the name "The Cars".

Last edited:
well, since I have a weird work schedule, I'm available in the mornings, gmt 9 till gmt 12h, or wesnedays and thursdays by gmt 00h-04h

and love the selection of fun little cars. You also have the spoon fit/jazz

Specs are done and posted in the "4. The Cars" part of the OP. 👍

Last edited:
#85 reserve driver, green metallic where possible.

Would you consider swapping some of these for 'base model' style cars which can be resprayed any colour, with custom numbers? These particular pocket rockets are cool, all the same.

John, the number #25 of Micra do you mean is the Lime Colour? Is because threre are 12 colours of Nissan MM-R Cup Cars.

upload_2016-7-29_15-0-17.png

I'm considering to join this series with Lupo Cup Car, number #78.

John, the number #25 of Micra do you mean is the Lime Colour? Is because threre are 12 colours of Nissan MM-R Cup Cars.

View attachment 571417

I'm considering to join this series with Lupo Cup Car, number #78.

Yes, the 25 Micra is the light yellow thingy.

Thanks for signing up! However I need your team name. Will it be HRSC Racing?
👍

#85 reserve driver, green metallic where possible.

Would you consider swapping some of these for 'base model' style cars which can be resprayed any colour, with custom numbers? These particular pocket rockets are cool, all the same.
Thanks for signing up Ben! 👍

Unfortunately there are no cars that can be coloured, put numbers on them and can be included on OMRCC. However I have 5 Japanese hatchbacks in mind to replace the current OMRCC cars.

There are two green cars, the mm-R #23 and the Lupo #17, however none of them have your number. I will reconsider the car list.

Last edited:
There are no premium cars in the current list, so I will set a poll to who wants premium, Japanese hatchbacks. So, from the current car list (Nissan mm-R, Honda Fit RC, Hyundai Getz and VW Lupo), I suggest we change to the following car list:

2005 Suzuki Swift.
2007 Nissan Micra 125R.
2010 Mazda2.
2010 Honda Jazz.
2012 Toyota Yaris.

I will set a poll. It will last 3 days, so please cast your vote. Thanks.

Edit of 29/07/2016, 17:56 EEST: Poll up. 👍

Last edited:
Tuesdays? those are my day off. Count me in. I should be on lunch time

for the current cars, I'll give you a car in a few hours, once I'm Home

LIlium/Lilium_55/Possibily the Lupo/will check number on color/no team

Last edited:
I have chosen a second day to race again, in the week, since I am back at work on September 12th. The second race day will be Fridays.

So, round 1 on Tuesday, round 2 on Friday etc.

Well, on fridays if the time maintains itself, I won't be able to make it. I'm entering vacations tomorrow, and will be off for the 1st 2-3 weeks of august, then I'm home until the end of august, to enter work again on september. If you don't mind my half participation, would love to run with you guys. I love little fun FF cars

Well, on fridays if the time maintains itself, I won't be able to make it. I'm entering vacations tomorrow, and will be off for the 1st 2-3 weeks of august, then I'm home until the end of august, to enter work again on september. If you don't mind my half participation, would love to run with you guys. I love little fun FF cars
You will be put as a reserve driver. Do not worry, you will be signed up and also be able to partake. 👍

Yes, the 25 Micra is the light yellow thingy.

Thanks for signing up! However I need your team name. Will it be HRSC Racing?
👍

Thanks for signing up Ben! 👍

Unfortunately there are no cars that can be coloured, put numbers on them and can be included on OMRCC. However I have 5 Japanese hatchbacks in mind to replace the current OMRCC cars.

There are two green cars, the mm-R #23 and the Lupo #17, however none of them have your number. I will reconsider the car list.
Premium FF Racing Cars, highest PP first has a couple of contenders which I haven't seen used in recent touring series:

Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car '97
Volkswagen Golf GTi Touring Car '01

Standard FF Racing Cars includes the ones in your list, with the accompanying limited liveries and numbers.

If you allow 'limited tuning' like the first message, careful notes about the PP for each BHP level and the necessary weight must be used for scrutineers. That should be passed on to racers as well, otherwise some may add different and use different power limiter values. (This may be slower or faster but the PP won't quite match either way.)

Ballast position has a fractional effect on PP. If a specific position is expected, that should be stated. But it can only be enforced within a certain range, since PP is not a decimal number.

If you allow full tuning then it would be helpful to provide a couple of reference setups. Or link to seasonal event tunes which may have been made for the final choice of cars.

EDIT: My initial impression was we would all drive the same car for round 1, then use the next car round 2 and so on. Then cycle back to the start. Is that still a possible format? All the cars get used during the season and provides more diversity for each driver. It's a bit like 'shuffle racing'.

An advantage to that format is you are checking all cars against the same regs before each race. That also means checking redline values and the presence of turbo boost meter, in case people have fitted the wrong parts by mistake. Much easier if everyone should be the same.

Last edited:
Premium FF Racing Cars, highest PP first has a couple of contenders which I haven't seen used in recent touring series:

Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car '97
Volkswagen Golf GTi Touring Car '01

Standard FF Racing Cars includes the ones in your list, with the accompanying limited liveries and numbers.

If you allow 'limited tuning' like the first message, careful notes about the PP for each BHP level and the necessary weight must be used for scrutineers. That should be passed on to racers as well, otherwise some may add different and use different power limiter values. (This may be slower or faster but the PP won't quite match either way.)

Ballast position has a fractional effect on PP. If a specific position is expected, that should be stated. But it can only be enforced within a certain range, since PP is not a decimal number.

If you allow full tuning then it would be helpful to provide a couple of reference setups. Or link to seasonal event tunes which may have been made for the final choice of cars.

EDIT: My initial impression was we would all drive the same car for round 1, then use the next car round 2 and so on. Then cycle back to the start. Is that still a possible format? All the cars get used during the season and provides more diversity for each driver. It's a bit like 'shuffle racing'.

An advantage to that format is you are checking all cars against the same regs before each race. That also means checking redline values and the presence of turbo boost meter, in case people have fitted the wrong parts by mistake. Much easier if everyone should be the same.
The shuffle thing sounds like a good idea. If the OMRCC car list wins the poll, I will consider doing the procedure you mentioned.

However I need to add more cars if we do shuffle racing.

I do not allow FULL tuning. Tuning the suspension, transmission etc is permitted, but I am refraining from allowing full tuning on the engine and the weight, since somebody may be faster in the same car because he put a Turbo Kit, or Stage 1, 2 or 3, or a Racing Exhaust etc.

I will provide the performance points in every car when the poll ends. I had not changed the ballast position. Also, the top four drivers of the overall standings will receive a slight power drop to make for fair, competitive, close and fun racing.

Last edited:
I took my decision. The cars will not be the OMRCC ones exclusively, but generally FF cars, race cars and not. We will do the races like the Shuffle Racing there was back on Gran Turismo 5.

Edit: Poster made. Have a look at it if you want and share your opinions. ;)

20160730_190805.jpg

Last edited:
I took my decision. The cars will not be the OMRCC ones exclusively, but generally FF cars, race cars and not. We will do the races like the Shuffle Racing there was back on Gran Turismo 5.

Edit: Poster made. Have a look at it if you want and share your opinions. ;)

View attachment 571662
So, how would the car shuffle selection be worked out? I have one idea.

For the 1st round, the car choice would be based on the the registration order, while from 2nd round and onwards, the car choice would be based on the championship standings. What do you think?

As everyone will use the same car now, we could make it a 'tuning prohibited' lobby? In effect, that limits the tuning options to the few things GT6 still allows in that setting.

This would make it a very 'turn the key and race' series which could attract a lot of experienced racers too busy to spend days making a tune for each track?

Thanks for taking my suggestion! Looking forwards to a colourful grid.

What do you exactly mean with "This would make it a very 'turn the key and race' series which could attract a lot of experienced racers too busy to spend days making a tune for each track"? I do not think about making tuning prohibited since many people have different setup strategies, which will vary the tuning skills of each driver.

I cannot set the success restriction either. When somebody is too quick there will obviously be a success restrictor, and I cannot set it to be horsepower, so I will do ballast success restrictions. However without tuning allowed the ballast cannot be put.

Success restriction could be power - that works well. You have can check each driver's car has the right power from the member list in the lobby.

Power Limiter is not 'tuning' in PD's world. So that could be used even in a 'tuning prohibited room'.

But you are right, people have different preferences for vehicle tunes. That does cause field spread and less racing on track, though. The races are won in private setup rooms, before we meet on the track.

By the way...I can't find this Micra. In my game (UK) I eventually found it called "Nissan March 12SR '07" that is read out "twelve ESS ARGH". In your photo it says "March" on the number plate, only way I figured out where it was.

Had already bought and tuned the Micra '07 but it's OK, I have Cr.22,000,000 at the moment. :lol:

The cool body kit is fitted as standard. Nice find. You can change the body kit of a sharper one or a black one. Special Wing - Type A looks ultra cool, like a 205 or 206 WRC. Car will be slower (in theory) but I might keep it for cool factor. 👍

Yeah, the Micra is a fun car alright! However since the game is Japanese, the car is named March (like the Yaris is named Vitz). So the car name is March 125R '07 👍

Thinking of doing something like the GTPSS VW FUN CUP. Put the rear wing as obligatory, but I will not put an obligatory aero kit, although I prefer the first one for light colours and the second one for darker ones.

Running this in the 450pp Seasonal Event race around Autumn Ring Mini. Maybe we could use Autumn Ring to open the season? One of the Matterhorn tracks must feature at some point! (Without jumps.)

416pp, 190bhp, 945kg, 58:42 distribution
Tyres: Sports Hard
Chassis: Standard
Body Kit: A
Rear Wing: Special A
Wheels: 2 inch increase

Power
100%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Convertor
Intake Tuning
No turbo
No supercharger
No NOS
No oil (maybe we should though)

Body
Downforce: 0 5 (minimum)
No ballast
Standard Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension
Toe: 0.00 0.00
Standard for everything else

Racing Brake Kit
5 5 (didn't try any other settings)

Fully Custom Gearbox
Max Speed: 180km/h
No other changes; only tried Autumn Ring Mini so far.

Drivetrain
5 20 5 (normal for FF)
Really fun car. Could be set up for more rotation. Reminds me of Fiat 500 at 350pp to 400pp.

EDIT:
Matterhorn (a layout without jumps, maybe reversed, 7pm for lights)
Autumn Ring (Forwards)
Autumn Ring Mini
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Grand Valley East Course (Forwards)
Deep Forest (Forwards)
Trial Mountain (Forwards)
Brands Hatch Indy
Special Stage Route 5 Clubman
Motegi East Course
Just won the 500pp Season Event race at Motegi East using this. :lol:

Last edited:
We will run Autumn Ring later this season, with another fun car as I tested, which will be the Fiat / Abarth 500.

In the meantime I am still trying to consider the regulations of the March / Micra. The only sure thing is that we will run on Racing Hard tyres. Most likely the car will weigh below 900 kilograms.

We will run Autumn Ring later this season, with another fun car as I tested, which will be the Fiat / Abarth 500.

In the meantime I am still trying to consider the regulations of the March / Micra. The only sure thing is that we will run on Racing Hard tyres. Most likely the car will weigh below 900 kilograms.
Racing Hard Tyres are too grippy in my opinion. Sports Hard would be better for the Micra, in my opinion. 👍

Racing Hard Tyres are too grippy in my opinion. Sports Hard would be better for the Micra, in my opinion. 👍
AJ did the same thing with the GTP SCS and the VW FUN CUP, in a BEETLE, so doing the same in a Micra is more logical. 👍

Back