OMRCC - One-Make Random Cars Championship *Series has been called off.*Finished 

• Thread starter CrazyJohn
  • 99 comments

What car list do you prefer for the championship?

• OMRCC list - Getz Type R '04 // Fit Race Car '03 // mm-R Cup Car '01 // Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) '03

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Japanese Hatchbacks (JHTC) - Swift '05 // Micra 125R '07 // Jazz '10 // Mazda2 '10 // Yaris '12

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sports Hard is the best tyre for the Micra. You can't stop me from using it, even if you set the room to Race Hard! :D @Harsk100 will you join me in this? We can race each other even if everyone else uses RH.

Sports Hard should be delightful for any ~200hp ~900kg front-drive road car, in fact.

Okay okay then I will restrict rac- er, I mean, Sports Mediums. I will restrict Sports Hards for any car around 180 horsepower. Or Comfort Softs. Except race cars of any kind used in OMRCC, which will be equipped with Racing Hards. No more, no less.

EDIT:
Matterhorn (a layout without jumps, maybe reversed, 7pm for lights)
Autumn Ring (Forwards)
Autumn Ring Mini
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Grand Valley East Course (Forwards)
Deep Forest (Forwards)
Trial Mountain (Forwards)
Brands Hatch Indy
Special Stage Route 5 Clubman
Motegi East Course
I want to have exclusively tracks with changeable weather and time, like Mid-Field and Autumn Ring. Not the mini one.

Tracks which suit the rhythm of these cars will be the most fun to race on for me. If they have time progress and maybe weather, that's just a bonus.

Have you tried the March with my earlier setup on Sports Hard around Autumn Ring? It's fantastic fun! Less grip enables more overtaking in slow cars. (Longer braking distance, alternative lines, throttle control, steering finesse.)

another interesting idea on shuffle would be that a driver has to use every single car before repeating, but no given order needed. that way we have a colorful track, and there's no car advantage on picking one against another, since we will race them all.

the autumn ring mini has variable time/weather
I do like your Idea ov variable weather track. I just hope you put some big number on them, so we have more fast daylight change, and the weather actually varies before a race ends.

on the matter of the regular cars, I'm also open to it, tuning or non tuning. by the way, it will be my first Champ/league using a wheel. so expect me to lead the rear :v these cars will be perfect to get used to some aspects of using a wheel.

also this tuesday I won't be able to appear, since I got married, and we will be on vacations until the end of that week. i hope it goes well though

Last edited:
Okay Lilium.

I will have the full Autumn Ring, not only the mini layout, as I pre-mentioned. I have scratched the idea of having random cars as the title of the championship is "One-Make Random Car Championship". With that I mean we will use the same car at a track, another car at another track, etc.

However I will have variable weather and time. And we will have night to say to night racee where possible. 👍

Looking forward to a good season! :cheers:

Anyways, if you can, please tag more people to have a bigger interest in OMRCC.

For the first message and anyone trying to find the car...

Should say "(Nissan) March 12SR" that sounds like "Twelve Ess Argh" not "(Nissan) Micra 125R" sounding like "One Two Five Argh".

#pirate

Are we driving today? I've been online over an hour but haven't seen you.

EDIT: Giving up now.

Last edited:
20160802_235137.jpg

:cheers:

Tracks to be announced tomorrow (of course after extensive testing).

Also, I will consider not starting this week. I am thinking of moving the start of the series until whenever we have enough people to run.

Note: after September 16 (Friday), which is round 10 (Focus '13), the timetable will change because of the work schedule I am resuming.

I have changed the timetable of both days, as 11 AM BST is a bit hard to make it, because people living in the UK or any country that uses BST will have to wake up and then get in their cars ready. That is ridiculous, isn't it?

I decided to change the room opening to 12:30 AM GR, which is 10:30 PM BST. Qualifying will start at 1:10 AM GR. I will include other timezones as well.

@hEDpH81 / @Spectate Man / @jontikis interested?

Last edited:
Some updates regarding OMRCC.

First, our series has a new poster! Check it out if you feel like.

20160808_161241.jpg

Secondly, the cars and tracks list has been finished. As I mention 4 posts above, the car list is as follows:

20160802_235137.jpg

After testing, here is the track selection:

ROUND 1

Car: Nissan MICRA / MARCH 12SR
Track: Mid-Field Raceway Reversed

ROUND 2

Car: Alfa Romeo 147 TI TWIN SPARK
Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza

ROUND 3

Car: Toyota YARIS / VITZ F
Track: Autumn Ring Mini

ROUND 4

Car: Fiat 500 1.2 LOUNGE
Track: Red Bull Ring Short (South)

ROUND 5

Car: Renault MÉGANE R.S. 2008
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Weather Variable / Time Variable)

ROUND 6

Car: Abarth GRANDE PUNTO
Track: Tsukuba Circuit

ROUND 7

Car: Suzuki CERVO SR
Track: Suzuka Circuit 2014

ROUND 8

Car: Volkswagen GOLF IV
Track: Nürburgring GP-Strecke Type D

more to come...

Last edited:
This sounds good. Just one thing. From round 5 onwards I won't be able to make the races due to the time schedule with school starting up again. I will be free from 4:00 PM BST to 8:30 PM BST from then if that's ok.

This sounds good. Just one thing. From round 5 onwards I won't be able to make the races due to the time schedule with school starting up again. I will be free from 4:00 PM BST to 8:30 PM BST from then if that's ok.
I will change the timetable once the school year starts, according to my schedule so I can host, so you will not miss any races.

I am a touch confused with your race start times; any chance you could specify in Pacific Standard Time(USA) when it all begins? I do like low PP racing, & find it semi-rare to find events; though I fear my schedule may not coincide with those across the globe.

0:30 AM EEST → 2:30 PM PST USA
Race starts 1:20 AM EEST (at the moment) which is 3:20 PM PST USA.

Thanks for being interested. If you are able to take part, you are welcome to. :cheers:

Guys, I will be absent from Wednesday 17 to Wednesday 24 as I will go camping with my basketball team. If new guys sign up, they will get the answer between the 24th and Meet 1 on the 26th.

Sorry to everyone in advance, if their sign up made between the 17th and the 24th is not accepted the same day. Hope to see you on track the next Friday. ;)

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your life and I will hopefully see you in another game.

I'm still in the end of my honeymoon, but eager to race with ya all.

since the races are on the morning, i'm still good friday or tuesday.as long as its morning or late night, I'm up for it.

have a blast at the camp.

Race day gentlemen! :D

00:30 EEST / 22:30 BST room opening, around 23:30 qualifier start and 00:00 race start. A 20 minutes race it will be. Specs file coming in a bit.

Thanks Pal. On the micra, what are the parts that we should fit? I can't find the list previously posted. just stock?

EDIT: btw, my best pal wants to assist to the race. its ok if he enters the room and just spectates?

Latest Posts

Back