OMRCC - One-Make Random Cars Championship *Series has been called off.*Finished 

• Thread starter CrazyJohn
  • 99 comments

What car list do you prefer for the championship?

• OMRCC list - Getz Type R '04 // Fit Race Car '03 // mm-R Cup Car '01 // Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) '03

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Japanese Hatchbacks (JHTC) - Swift '05 // Micra 125R '07 // Jazz '10 // Mazda2 '10 // Yaris '12

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is okay if he wants to spectate. He is able to race whenever he wants to as well.

I am currently working on the regulations, so expect them by 2:30 BST tonight.

Please,give all times and dates in UTC! 0:30am on 26th has already happened in all the time zones you mention. ;)

22:30 BST is 10 hours from now and will be 26th.

That's 9:30pm UTC and everyone should know the conversion from that global time to their local timezone. TimeAndDate.com lets you make a countdown link to the event. That page will show correct time for the person who visits it. WRS and GT5 events using this method are easy to schedule.

You could even make a Google Calendar which can be visited as a web page or subscribed to using our phones. Then you can update it and all times sync to us, with a 30 minute reminder.

Using rare zone like EEST which is actually in the next day relative to most of us is the most confusing way possible!

EDIT: First message is out of date. No spec for the car so the only person who can practise is...the person hosting. :-/

I am not the only one who is mentioning a time zone other than BST. Look at almost every single American league. They mention eastern, central or western US time which is the most confusing thing, not Eastern European Time, a zone which is just 2 hours away from BST.

Event date: Saturday, August 27 (or Friday August 26 depending on where you live)

So for eastern Europe the room is opening at half past midnight on Saturday, which means half past 10 for Western Europe / BST.

Start time: 02:00 AM EEST so the start day in all of Europe is Saturday, however before race start only Eastern and Central Europe are on the 27th. :lol:

Now let's get in the more serious part, that was a needless lesson. :yuck:

- The room will be a club lobby, open to club members, so you will have to join the club ID 1047675. The club is called "Virtual Endurance Racing Team".

- Once you join, do not get on track unless called. That is made to prevent ghost car issues. You must have the car ready by the time you enter the lobby.

- When it is time to enter the track, write in the chat box how many you see on track.
In case you do not see everyone on track:

* Wait until everyone is said to be on track.
* Then rejoin.
* Once you enter the track, mention the amount of people you see on track.

- Once everyone is on the room, I will check the car specs to see if everyone is OK. Then we will start a 15-minute-long qualifier, followed by a 15-minute-long break until we start the 20-minute-long race.

Car Specs

20160826_152435.jpg

Power: 209 PS / TBA BHP
Weight: 860 kg
Performance Points: 444 PP
Parts Installed:

Stage 3, Sports ECU, Isometric Manifold, Sports Catalytic, Intake Tuning, Low RPM Turbo Kit. 100% Power Limiter.

Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Window Weight Reduction, Carbon Hood. 21kg ballast.

Aero Parts:

Aero Kit A/B (your choice)
Special Wing A

Rim inches increasing allowed

P.S.: @BenMillard I was absent in camping and was on PS4 after my arrival so I have not practised anything. I was just testing the cars at some tracks to find the final decision before I actually left.

And, Ben, I am not a troll, unlike some hosts in the GT6 Community.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly, I might not be able to participate, but if i make it, the ballast, is it 21KG's central, or can we tweak around with it?

Well, try it out at 50%, which is all in the back, to see if it affects PP, since it will give a better wheiht distribution

I said use UTC, not BST. I also gave examples of global events which do this. USA events are often too late for others to enter, so they aren't expecting global attendance. What was your "lesson"? :confused:

"I have not practiced anything" is a blatent lie! You have tested the tracks and decided tyres, installed parts and so on. You've written in this topic your decisions are based on lots of testing.

It's a big task to organise a fair series. The host always has an advantage, simply familiarity. When the information is given late or in a format specific to the host, it increases that unfairness. For example: Car specs and start time, respectively.)

On the subject of formats, the bold multicolour text (and using underline for things that aren't links) makes your messages harder to read.

Thanks for replying to my feedback and I hope to be there tonight. Without any testing, most likely. :lol:

EDIT: Just noticed the new topic title. I have *never* heard of a timezone called GR. Even as a standards nerd who has run European events in many games! I bet a lot of people still aren't clear about the start time.

Did you set up a time convertor link?

EDIT2 Regs don't mention oil change is needed to get the right numbers...

Last edited:
I agree on the car spec decision but since I finished the car and track combo decisions, I have never practised for OMRCC.

I left like I was giving a lesson, slightly embarrassing myself but who cares. :lol:

There, topic title changed again, switching said time from EEST to BST since we are in daylight saving time.

@Harsk100
@BenMillard
@Lilium
@VR_Paul
Race room up. :cheers:

Track limits for Round 1

Allowed:

PSX_20160827_002654.jpg

PSX_20160827_002853.jpg

PSX_20160827_003147.jpg

Disallowed:

PSX_20160827_002548.jpg

PSX_20160827_002749.jpg

PSX_20160827_003025.jpg

Edit: Thanks @BenMillard - I always forget to put things in the OP.
- Oil change is always mandatory. Improving body rigidity is optional.

Last edited:
Meet #1 - Nissan MARCH 12SR

1. @BenMillard* - 15 laps - 20:??.???
2. @CrazyJohn - 15 laps - 20:47.980
3. @Harsk100 - 15 laps - 20:48.005 (+0.025)

*Ben had got a penalty from the game because he did not made a pit stop. However, we had boost on, caught up and were less than a second behind. So, the penalty added from the game will not count, in contrast to the pole position points (2 points),which will not count.

Fantastic little car and with SM tyres, it proved very DS3 friendly. Lots of rotation off throttle and a wide track with long straights enabled cars to get side by side.

Slipstream hardly seemed to do anything; it should dominate the race tactics with square back cars running 200bhpband 200km/h on a 1km straight!

Could we use String slipstream at Autumn Ring next meeting? Hardly any straights and boost stops once cars are close.

SH tyres would make braking distance longer and could help overtakes. But the main problem here was slipstream doing almost nothing after 10 seconds following down a straight.

A couple of accidental touched but the drivers gave places back. All resolved on track, a very sporting grid.

Just wondering why I won't get pole position points? Is it because we didn't understand your trick to record the qualifying session?

There was no message on my screen saying I needed to pit. Since we gad boost on I thought pit had been scrapped! You could pit lap 1 and boost gives undercut on everyone else.

Qualifying was 1:21.5 bust race lap record wad 1:17! So much boost after the time loss of a pit stop. 7 7 9 9 tyre wear doesn't cost 4 seconds a lap. :P

@Harsk100 led most of the race really found his pace after John kindly shared his full tune.

I guessed a DS3 tune and we waited nearly 1 hour before starting. So I had plenty test time. Nearly did 200km by the end of the race. Just avoided power loss from oil starting to wear out. :nervous:

Looking forwards to next round.

Be careful with BST; daylight saving changes on a different day around the world. It really is best to use UTC in Autumn and Spring, if not now.

Last edited:
Fantastic race yesterday, even though we were only three people.

Qualifying was very close. Best of BenMillard was a 21,3 and not a 21,5. Then I came along with a 21,5 and Harsk100 had a 21,6 after the setup I gave him. Only .3 separated 3 people!

The race start was better than expected. Started 2nd and by the 3rd corner I was following Ben until I braked a little later, but that did not cause anything. I got the lead but Harsk overtook me 3 corners later, on the very long hairpin. Then, we were very close, although the boards were still saying: 1. Harsk, 2. John, 3. Ben.

Then I made my compulsory pit stop, 11 minutes after race start. Harsk followed a lap afterwards, and after that, we tried to catch up to Ben who never pit. Nothing much to follow before the final lap.

At the final lap I finally saw Ben just a second ahead. Tried to catch up, but ended up being roughly 0,3 seconds behind him. Then I had Harsk on my back. I was afraid he would overtake me, I was lucky though and won by .025 of a second!

Ben is not getting pole position points acting as a penalty. I decided not to give him the whole 70 second penalty as that would be too much. I decided to give him 1st place (where he crosses the finish line in) but not give the pole position points (2 points). I explained why.

I will get some photos during the day.

In the meantime:

20160827_103238.jpg

Championship Standings:

20160827_104031.jpg

Next Meet: #2 - Toyota Vitz '12 at Autumn Ring Mini and SH tyres.

Specs to be announced tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here is the Race Poster for Meet 2.

20160827_134730.jpg

And here are the car specs:
Power: 260 PS / 256 BHP
Weight: 866 kg UNLESS HANDICAPPED
Performance Points: 473 PP UNLESS HANDICAPPED

Parts Installed:

Stage 3, Sports ECU, Racing Exhaust, Isometric Manifold, Sports Catalytic, Intake Tuning, High RPM Turbo Kit. 100% Power Limiter (basically just fully tune the car).

Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Window Weight Reduction, Carbon Hood. No ballast, except if handicapped.

Aero Parts:

No wings allowed.
Rim inches increasing allowed.

Success Restrictor:

BenMillard → 30 kg
CrazyJohn → 20 kg
Harsk100 → 10 kg

Last edited:
The penalty is 50 seconds if you don't pit - final result put me 49 seconds behind. If pit is optional and we keep boost, that is a genuine strategy split even in the 20 minute format. I wouldn't have stayed ahead another lap!

Autumn Ring is harder on tyres so staying out is likely to lose out. But the advantage of boost means early pit stop will always undercut late pit stop. The pits should open at half distance, maybe?

If one driver stays out, later pit is still getting boosted. That's why you two kept together - the leader was 20 seconds ahead of you both so you both had massive boost. (4.5 seconds faster than pole position!)

Last edited:
The penalty is 50 seconds if you don't pit - final result put me 49 seconds behind. If pit is optional and we keep boost, that is a genuine strategy split even in the 20 minute format. I wouldn't have stayed ahead another lap!

Autumn Ring is harder on tyres so staying out is likely to lose out. But the advantage of boost means early pit stop will always undercut late pit stop. The pits should open at half distance, maybe?

If one driver stays out, later pit is still getting boosted. That's why you two kept together - the leader was 20 seconds ahead of you both so you both had massive boost. (4.5 seconds faster than pole position!)
The pit wall will open at half distance, for about 5 minutes, since the Yaris is pulling 1:24s to 1:27s per lap.

Changes to the weather are applies. Expect possible rain as we will begin at 30%. Weather changeability will stay at x15

I changed from the Mini layout to the full layout due to how the car handles. The Yaris is a understeering car in comparison to the Micra (okay we were running on SM and now on SH), and, in my opinion, its character does not fit into the continuous zig-zags of the Mini layout. Moreover the Yaris will have 60 more horsepower than the Micra and strong slipstream to allow for speeds up to 230kph on the home straight!

Also here are the photos of my livery displayed on the Yaris. Hope you like them.

PSX_20160827_171514.jpg

PSX_20160827_171758.jpg

PSX_20160827_172209.jpg

PSX_20160827_172702.jpg

@BenMillard
@Harsk100
@Lilium

Race Day gentlemen! :D

@epic_apri_39
@J_Starscream
@Ares85
@hEDpH81

You guys interested?

Amendment to Pit Stop Rules
We will race for 8 laps today. Pit wall is open for laps 4 and 5 only. If you do not pit on those laps you will gain an extra 30 seconds added to your time. So you cannot pit twice; only once.

After the schedule change of September 13 (Round 6) and beyond, the structure of the championship will change, with 30-minute-long races, and 2 pit walls. The timetable will also change after the 6th meet, with races starting around 3 hours earlier.

@BenMillard
@Harsk100
@Lilium

Race Day gentlemen! :D

@epic_apri_39
@J_Starscream
@Ares85
@hEDpH81

You guys interested?

Amendment to Pit Stop Rules
We will race for 8 laps today. Pit wall is open for laps 4 and 5 only. If you do not pit on those laps you will gain an extra 30 seconds added to your time. So you cannot pit twice; only once.

After the schedule change of September 13 (Round 6) and beyond, the structure of the championship will change, with 30-minute-long races, and 2 pit walls. The timetable will also change after the 6th meet, with races starting around 3 hours earlier.
At what time is the race? I will be hosting my GRC Lobby first.

Amendments to the Race Schedule
I have decided that we will no longer race any Tuesday / Wednesday races after today's round (Toyota Yaris, Autumn Ring), since the Fridays schedule seems to suit what people would most probably make it. We had 3 people last Friday and 4 candidates to join (but never joined), and now we barely have 2 people in the room; me and Harsk.

Another format change is the timetable. Races end at 2:30 AM here in Greece so it is very hard to maintain the existent schedule, since the meet ends too late. Consequently, I am announcing there will be a change to the timetable, which will be moved 3 hours earlier.

That means rooms will now open at 21:00 EEST, whereas races will start at 22:30 (without mentioning the qualifier which will start a quarter earlier) and end roughly at 23:30.

Yet another change is the race length. Since we will be running earlier, the races will be longer. They will last roughly one hour and the distance will be set by laps and not by timer, like what are we doing today.

@BenMillard
@Harsk100
@Lilium
@VR_Paul

Invites to the series:

@Zolon32
@John Wells
@RoadRageDudez

The final classification:

1- CrazyJohn, 2- Harsk, 3- Sandy Skids.

Points after Round 2:
1- Crazy John 50 points, 2- Harsk 44 points, 3- Sandy Skids & Ben Millard 20 points.

We could have been tied on the standings if I had won, however, unfortunately, I had misjudged the trajectory on the final corner despite leading before the final lap which gave you the win.

I don't want 1 hour races. WRS provide that 3 times a week. Close, clean sprints with a different small, tuned FF each week was the attraction for me.

We had TV night yesterday and the timing changes mean I have no calendar reminder.

Attendance proves you are making the start time and maybe club location too hard to understand. Use UTC with a conversion link every time. You could make the room public. Another idea is create the events in the club, with regs and weather set, so people can try it out. Buy their cars and set to the spec well before race day.

Club events mean you can invite PSN friends to them through the website fairly easily.

It might take a few weeks for this to grow. The original format with simple pit rules or no pits worked brilliantly. 👍

Maybe remove the hard to read colours, childish bold and confusing underline from your messages, too? :P

Harsk you misjudged the points system.

Meet #2 - Toyota Yaris at Autumn Ring
Qualifying

1. Harsk100 (1:25,350)
2. CrazyJohn (1:26,139) (+0,789)
3. sandyskids3 (1:39,510) (+14,160)

Race

1. CrazyJohn (8 Laps) (12:06,009)
2. Harsk100 (8 Laps) (12:06,340) (+0,331)
3. sandyskids3 (8 Laps) (12:50,976) (+44,967)

The points are as follows:

1. CrazyJohn - 50 pts

2. Harsk100 - 45 pts (pole bonus)
3. BenMillard - 25 pts
4. sandyskids3 - 20 pts

Handicaps:

1. CrazyJohn → 30 kg
2. Harsk100 → 20 kg
3. BenMillard → 10 kg

Last edited:
I don't want 1 hour races. WRS provide that 3 times a week.

We had TV night yesterday and the timing changes mean I have no calendar reminder.

Attendance proves you are making the start time and maybe club location too hard to understand. Use UTC with a conversion link every time. You could make the room public. Another idea is create the events in the club, with regs and weather set, so people can try it out. Buy their cars and set to the spec well before race day.

Okay then... 20-30 minutes would still work anyway. The race between me and Harsk was intense, a great battle.

Since all the players use BST to communicate, then why use UTC during daylight summer time? It is more confusing since Great Britain is not in UTC +0 anymore until the fall of October.

Public rooms will cause foreigners to enter, and you never know if someone who joins might be a troll or not. Also not everyone has the cars we are racing at the moment, don't they?

By the way I was always using the blue colour when I am responding on GTPlanet, so...

P.S.: Next race will be held on Saturday September 3 (23:00 EEST - 21:00 BST room opening) as there is GGTC on Friday night.

Last edited:
Harsk you misjudged the points system.

Meet #2 - Toyota Yaris at Autumn Ring
Qualifying

1. Harsk100 (1:25,350)
2. CrazyJohn (1:26,139) (+0,789)
3. sandyskids3 (1:39,510) (+14,160)

Race

1. CrazyJohn (8 Laps) (12:06,009)
2. Harsk100 (8 Laps) (12:06,340) (+0,331)
3. sandyskids3 (8 Laps) (12:50,976) (+44,967)

The points are as follows:

1. CrazyJohn - 50 pts

2. Harsk100 - 45 pts (pole bonus)
3. BenMillard - 25 pts
4. sandyskids3 - 20 pts

Handicaps:

1. CrazyJohn → 30 kg
2. Harsk100 → 20 kg
3. BenMillard → 10 kg
Sandkyskids3 has 10 kg handicap as well. 👍

Meet #3 - Announcement of Car Specs and Combination

Here we are, Round 3 this Saturday. The combination will be "an Italian at Italy". In other words...

Car: Alfa Romeo 147 T.I. TWIN SPARK
Track: Monza GP

Here are the car specs:

Power: --- PS / --- BHP
Weight: --- kg unless handicapped
Performance Points: --- PP unless handicapped

Parts Installed

Engine:

Stage 3, Sports ECU, Racing Exhaust, Isometric Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic, Intake Tuning, Low RPM Turbo Kit, Oil Change.

Weight:

Stage 3, Window Weight Reduction, Carbon Hood.

Aero Parts:

Aero Kit B
Special Wing A
Increasing rim size allowed.

Ah man, sorry for mossing this day. Had some trouble with work and was exhausted, I forgot completely. plus my Internet is down atm. hopefully monday will be working correctly, so I'll have to miss this saturday as well.

sorry guys

Ah man, sorry for mossing this day. Had some trouble with work and was exhausted, I forgot completely. plus my Internet is down atm. hopefully monday will be working correctly, so I'll have to miss this saturday as well.

sorry guys
No worries mate.

Back