One Evil Owner: Own Hitler's Personal Mercedes-Benz 770K

Yeah, that doesn't work on a Grosser Mercedes when SSK stands for Super Sport Kurz.

Stereotypes generally don't work.... but if we can't laugh at the Nazi's what can we laugh at.

*** I ain't even goin' there, and I'm checking out of this conversation right now.

...some may argue that this 770K doesn’t deserve to live on because of its connection to the Nazi leader...

Which is hardly the fault of the car. I really don't understand how anyone could have a guilt-by-association standpoint for a car. An inanimate object. And it makes even less sense with what I would imagine to be very few of these even made.

I believe the U.S. military has already secretly purchased it for their Project Satan.
Well, Project Satan is supposed to start next year. Maybe the winner of the auction will be involved with the project.

That said this car is an... interesting piece of history. At least a chunk of the coin this car gets is going to a good cause.

Last edited:
I don't care what they say. This car is gorgeous. And I can only imagine how smooth and amazing that Inline-8 sounds.

I'm looking at you, T10. You're pretty good at adding interesting cars in your game ;)

Just imagine the liveries on this thing. :eek:

Then you should see the liveries people made for the BMW 328 :lol: Not sure if they are still there though. I don't want to post screenshots for obvious reasons.

I would love to see them try to explain why Hitler's car is in the game but not Chevrolet's SS badges. :lol:
I imagine most people won't conflate Super Sport with Schutzstaffel. I don't think any of the GT games have in any way censored the Super Sport models.

I don't care what they say. This car is gorgeous. And I can only imagine how smooth and amazing that Inline-8 sounds.

I'm looking at you, T10. You're pretty good at adding interesting cars in your game ;)

Then you should see the liveries people made for the BMW 328 :lol: Not sure if they are still there though. I don't want to post screenshots for obvious reasons.
Swastikas?

So, this car is selling at Barrett-Jackson this weekend? It started Tuesday and will wrap up Sunday. Friday and Saturday are the biggest days.

If you separate the car from the horrible people and history its linked to its a nice example of automotive prowess.

The condition it's in is surprising given how old it is and the fact is survived a war on its own doorstep. I never knew it was a very deep blue and not actually black.

If you separate the car from the horrible people and history its linked to its a nice example of automotive prowess.

The condition it's in is surprising given how old it is and the fact is survived a war on its own doorstep. I never knew it was a very deep blue and not actually black.

It was restored back in the late 70's and then mostly kept in a museum or personal car collection. It was pretty ratty when they found it if the restoration pictures were anything to go by. But I guess sitting in a shed for a number of year will do that.

Beautiful car. Clarkson & co should buy it and let it have an unfortunate accident.

That'd be akin to destroying the Lincoln Kennedy was assassinated in. It's a huge piece of history.

After an unfortunate accident (or two) it will indeed be history.

But why destroy it? As @Tunerguy21 said above, the car isn't guilty by association. I think pretty much all of us can agree Hitler was a terrible person, but this car is an artifact from world history. It's also a war trophy from the Allies, which does make it cool since it's represents good triumphing over evil.

But why destroy it? As @Tunerguy21 said above, the car isn't guilty by association. I think pretty much all of us can agree Hitler was a terrible person, but this car is an artifact from world history. It's also a war trophy from the Allies, which does make it cool since it's represents good triumphing over evil.

Because it's Hitler's car. He doesn't deserve to have any of his stuff preserved.

Because it's Hitler's car. He doesn't deserve to have any of his stuff preserved.

He also had buildings. If we were to destroy everything with ties to dictators over the years, there wouldn't be much left.

It's a piece of history. I'd hope most rational people would be able to separate that from one of its owners.

Back