One Make Races - France and Germany

• Thread starter daan
  • 130 comments
VW Beetle Cup

Finally got a clean sweep using the old 1100 '49.

All Power Mods inc non removable ones & Turbo 1 but not any NA tune, all non power mods. R5 Tires, NOS @ 75, Auto Tranny @ 10, aids 0/0/0, total 81BHP. Did as individual races as had already done the championship and there was no need for qualifying.

Fun races, the little bug surprised me as didn't think it had the guts.:)

Tous France Championnat 1000 Points

Car: Peugeot 106 Rallye
Mods: All non power mods, S2, NOS @ 75, 80 Ballast, PAL lineup #2

Fairly easy event, some corner cutting may be required at Le Sarthe but uneventful beyond that, do as championship or the races individually, I did the latter and found it quite easy without having to be #1 on the grid.

Hi everybody, I´m new to the forum but I´m following it with great interest since early this year. I´m approaching 100.000 A-spec points but having really trouble with the Clio races. Tried some cars but can´t keep up for 200 points, not even close :indiff:

In the forum I didn´t find much advice. Usually that means, that the series is easy to accomplish, but in this case not for me. So please, anybody with some help?

One more thing: Thanks to everybody taking the time to submit your findings to the forum. Great stuff and a fantastic knowledge base!!!

Hi everybody, I´m new to the forum but I´m following it with great interest since early this year. I´m approaching 100.000 A-spec points but having really trouble with the Clio races. Tried some cars but can´t keep up for 200 points, not even close :indiff:

In the forum I didn´t find much advice. Usually that means, that the series is easy to accomplish, but in this case not for me. So please, anybody with some help?

One more thing: Thanks to everybody taking the time to submit your findings to the forum. Great stuff and a fantastic knowledge base!!!

Welcome aboard Tetraeder!

Its great to see others get addicted to the hunt for A-spec points.

I used the Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2 at all five tracks to win the Clio Trophy for 200 points. I don't remember having any problems. I ran with 130kg of ballast on R3 tires, and had 260HP at the garage screen.

What cars have you tried?

Respectfully,
GTsail290

I did the Clio races just the other day, here's my setup (though I'm afraid I didn't record the actual HP, even though that is my regular practice):

I used the tranny trick, and the final drive is only setup item that changes. RCE is racing exhaust, I'm quite sure there was no engine balancing, port polish, or oil change. I'll clarify the HP# when I'm not in the middle of a 1000 Miles! race.

Clio Sport V6 24V - 304HP (used)
Suzuka Circuit - S3, NA2, RCE, 180+kg, FD@4.26, NOS
Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course - S3, NA2, RCE, 180+kg, FD@4.3, NOS
Tsukuba Circuit - S3, NA2, RCE, 180+kg, FD@4.9, NOS
Deep Forest Raceway - S3, NA2, RCE, 180+kg, FD@4.7
El Capitan Reverse - S3, NA2, RCE, 180+kg, FD@4.65

I made a note that the final drive was too short for El Capitan, it needed just a few more MPH. Even with less HP, I'll bet GTsail290's setup is easier, given the racing tires.

edit: added HP info

Last edited:
I write down all my settings for whatever 200 point events I do, here is my setup for the CLIO event which requires no ballast and was very easy.

Clio Trophy
###########
Car/s: Clio Renault Sport V6 24v '00 Used
Mods: All non power mods, R2, NOS, New Oil

Thank you guys for your help with the Clio races. I gave it another try last night using the Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2 with 296 HP, 200 ballast and R1/R3 tires. I had to qualify for Tsukuba only, the other 4 races went right through.

I usually go for better tires than for increased horsepower, but in this case that didn´t work out for me due to my very average driving abilities. So the combination of max. possible HP together with racing tires made the difference for me.

Thanks again for your help.

Next thing to finish off the french car section is to max out 4 Alpine races. Still got 184 there each (Ihate N1 tires) and the Megane at Opera, where I´m missing 19 points.

Next thing to finish off the french car section is to max out 4 Alpine races. Still got 184 there each (Ihate N1 tires) and the Megane at Opera, where I´m missing 19 points.

I found the Alpine races not that hard to do. Just remeber to brake well before the corner, in other words don't overdrive the car, And always qualify first. Slap on a bit more power when you need to qualify, then remove it for the race, I would leave the N1's on the front as it will give you some practice with them.

The megane at Opera was a little tougher, (i'm not fond of Opera).

But if you can get a good run through sections 4 and 5 then this will come a little easier. see this map courtesy of AMG.

Good Luck 👍

Edit: I found this i wrote a while back about the Alpine's. Post 49 in this section.

Car-less
Unused Alpine A310 prize car, No oil change.
N1's at front, N3's at rear, only 107 Ballast required against the quoted lineup.

used alpine a310 with approx 9000 miles 113bhp 200 ballast (all to the front), 100 nos and lowered front ride height all the way, trans auto 5. n2 front n3 rear.

againt 4 x a110 second line up from reset on pal.

Last edited:
Thank you Open Addict for your detailed advice on the Alpine and the Megane races. I´ll go for that in one of the next nights and give you a feed back how it went.

Generally I´m really impressed with the effort everybody is helping out in this forum. 👍 I hope I´ll be able to contribute something to the knowledge base in the future. In the moment it´s just benefiting from the experience of all the other members :scared:

I´m really impressed with the effort everybody is helping out in this forum. 👍 I hope I´ll be able to contribute something to the knowledge base in the future. In the moment it´s just benefiting from the experience of all the other members :scared:
This site is so awesome eh! I'd be settling for <100 points at so many races if it weren't for all the great posts here. Thanks to everyone for sharing so much!

Thank you Open Addict for your detailed advice on the Alpine and the Megane races. I´ll go for that in one of the next nights and give you a feed back how it went.

Generally I´m really impressed with the effort everybody is helping out in this forum. 👍 I hope I´ll be able to contribute something to the knowledge base in the future. In the moment it´s just benefiting from the experience of all the other members :scared:

This site is so awesome eh! I'd be settling for <100 points at so many races if it weren't for all the great posts here. Thanks to everyone for sharing so much!

Well, it was not long ago that I was in your same position. With the assistance that I received from members like AMG., nige, Vash and the likes, I feel required of me to help the same.

Good luck on your crusades and come here anytime with questions.

I found the Alpine races not that hard to do. Just remeber to brake well before the corner, in other words don't overdrive the car, And always qualify first. Slap on a bit more power when you need to qualify, then remove it for the race, I would leave the N1's on the front as it will give you some practice with them.

Thank you Open Addict for your kind advice. Last night I managed to max out 3 of the 4 missing Alpine races with a worn out Alpine A310 prize car against the second line-up (PAL). The car had 113 HP and I was able to use N3´s which made things much easier. I used your driving advice and Dotini´s set-up #7374 at GT Vault with some slight changes to fit my driving style. Really good work there Dotini.

All the races I managed to win without qualifying. I left Opera for last and I knew why. Despite several tries I couldn´t catch the leader in time, best finish was second. Will have to try again tonight with qualifying. Same thing for the Megane at Opera. These are the last two races in the french one make section I didn´t max out so far. And I´m not really looking forward to two race on N-tires at Opera :yuck:

Last edited:
Finished the last Alpine Race at Opera last night for 200 with the same settings and line-up as above. That one needed qualifying, because I was not able to catch the leader in time after he passed the second Alpine A310 starting from pole and holding up the others for a while. Driving from pole wasn´t too difficult. I had to block occasionally but they never got past me.

Also tried my last missing race for 200 in the french section, the Megane at Opera. Gave up after a while, because I just can´t move that thing around quick enough on N1´s. For now maybe I will settle on the achieved 150 points. No fun at all. But if somebody has some good advice on that one, I´ll be happy to hear it.

Also tried my last missing race for 200 in the french section, the Megane at Opera. Gave up after a while, because I just can´t move that thing around quick enough on N1´s. For now maybe I will settle on the achieved 150 points. No fun at all. But if somebody has some good advice on that one, I´ll be happy to hear it.

If you've been starting last, try entering the championship, skipping races to get to Opera, and qualifying for it instead. Otherwise, I really don't have much advice other than to recommend that you practice with the car on N1 tires in Arcade Mode, to adapt to its handling. 👍

I just finished the Megane races today, albeit only for 167 points a race as I don't think I put enough miles on the clock, had 7030 when I started the event. Opera was my most difficult race, only won by .4 of a second on N1 tires with 200 ballast. My main tip would be to get onto the long straight in 1st, use some NOS and make sure you take the sweeping left hander at between 70-80mph to avoid smashing into the wall round the corner. After that it's pretty easy to block if they get close, on the final bend approaching the start/finish line make sure to take the inside line as the AI have a nasty habit of sneaking past on there if you drift wide.

I really don't have much advice other than to recommend that you practice with the car on N1 tires in Arcade Mode, to adapt to its handling. 👍

My main tip would be to get onto the long straight in 1st, use some NOS and make sure you take the sweeping left hander at between 70-80mph to avoid smashing into the wall round the corner. After that it's pretty easy to block if they get close

Thank you both for your advice. I think I will have to practice with that thing before i will give it another try. :crazy:

The purpose of my latest setup is to secure 200 A-spec points at the Opera Paris round of the GTi Club events. This is a notoriously difficult event, one of the very hardest in the game. The VW Golf V is virtually unbeatable unless he gets badly held up, or very special tactics are used as in this case.:D

My car is red in color, has very worn oil, stiffness and engine balancing for 111 hp on the parts change screen. The main tuning challenge is to control wheelspin, so maximum weight is applied over the front wheels, and special gear ratios are selected to take advantage of the very flat torque curve. Only the top four gears are used for the race, although I did drop to 2nd thru the apex of a couple of the very slowest turns. Acceleration on exit was always done in 3rd. Manual shift. Unusual shock settings, high TCS and some ASM Understeer is employed, but LSD is omitted. MOV was ~0.5 second, and total time was 3:57.027

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::8048/Polo-GTI-Dotini2001/

After a Preview of the GTi Opera Paris, the first grid that appears is in the ideal configuration of Polo GTi, Lupo GTi, Golf I GTi, Golf IV GTi and Golf V. However, the same grid configuration appears a few more down the line, and that's the one I raced and won. There is a lot of variation in how the cars perform in this event, so that is always a factor to be aware of.

At the start it's important to get a good run off turn 2, and to not lose too much speed at turn 3. I caught and passed the hapless Lupo at turn 5 (Place de l'Opera), then lightly nerfed the Golf V in the left rear fender, spinning him to a dead stop into the wall, dropping him to last and me briefly to 5th. At the high speed turn 6, I went inside of the 4th and 3rd place cars (3 abreast), riding them through to 2nd place. I caught the 1st place Polo at the same place with my last gasp of nitrous on lap two, also riding him inside to take the lead. Blocking to the finish was simple, as the Golf V never emerged again as a factor in the race.

I put a lot of time and effort into researching and practicing for this event. No doubt my setup is imperfect, but I hope that at least I have taken some of the fear and mystery out of this race.:D

Last edited:
I put a lot of time and effort into researching and practicing for this event. No doubt my setup is imperfect, but I hope that at least I have taken some of the fear and mystery out of this race.:D

Wow Dotini, I noticed you lateley have put a lot of effort into research and tuning for some of the notorious difficult races of the game (Suzuki Concept, Chrysler Crossfire, Hyundai, Copen, Saleen...). Really great work there. Much appreciated by those members having difficulties with those races. I didn´t try all your set ups yet, but I will, when I come back for hunting points. After reaching the 100k milestone, I followed the advice of some members to take a break and improve on my licences and missions. That will take some time though.

Thank you, Tetraeder, for your kind remarks. A major attraction of the GT4 game for me is the tuning feature. It appeals to the engineer in me as much as the racer. I hope to have new setups for the Roadster 4 hr and the Tiburon events at Autumn Ring and Tsukuba in the near future.

Best wishes with the licenses and the missions. They are all about driving skills (and vast patience for M34), and tuning plays no role.

On my quest to collect the missing points in the one makes I revisited the Audi Tourist Trophy. The first grid after a quick preview of Sarthe I is the one with only one 3.2. I used Dotinii´s setup 7312 in GTVault for the 1.8 and Uncle Harry´s tactics to block the 3.2 during its hot lap in order to make him start last.

Very easy races starting from pole. The yellow 3.2 finished 4th in all three races and was never a factor

BMW Series M at Apricot Hill for 200 points
Competing against the 7th lineup (PAL) after a quick preview of Sarthe I with the starting order M3 coupe, M3, M3 CSL, M3 GTR and the M5. I was using the M Coupe with Dotini´s setup 7314 at GTVault with notes for the Apricot Hill Raceway. I tried to follow his tactics to block the 3 quick cars during qualifyiing, but that turned out not to be successful for me.

So I decided to try it without qualifying against the above mentioned lineup and made some changes to the cars setup. I used S3/S3 tires, 293 hp, maximum ballast and adjusted the nitrous to 35. Used TCS 6 as suggested by Dotini for the standing start. Managed to be in second place after the first three turns and to be in front before entering the straight with the S/F line. After that it´s not too difficult to stay in front. Just take care you don´t get passed by the M5 at the long sweeping lefthander.

For me beeing able to use S3´s instead of S2`s made all the difference in that particular race.

👍
Excellently done, Tetraeder. This proves to me that you have well-developed skills. Please keep up the good work!

Thanks for the nice words Dotini, very much appreciated. Unfortunately I have very little playing time at the moment, so I´m proceeding rather slowly. Hopefully this will change around christmas time, at least for 2 or 3 weeks :)

I hope you don´t stop publishing some of your great setups at GTVault, even when you accomplish the last race with the Hyundai to reach maximum points. Good luck with that.

Lupo Cup Nürburgring for 200 points

Using a worn out Lupo GTI Cup Car with 122 hp, S1/S3, Nos @ 75, ballast @ 175. It´s not possible to tune the transmission. The other settings I left basically stock.

There are two ways to accomplish this race. Either you start from behind. In that case look for a lineup with one or better two Lupo GTI Cup Cars starting from the front. They will hold up the quicker Lupo Cup Cars for some time. You will have to use most of your NOS to get in front. After that you will have to block until the end.

The easy way is to qualify on pole first. Funny thing is, that all the other cars pit on their qualifying lap. :dunce: So you can use the two rounds to practice and qualify with the setup you use in the race afterwards. Starting from pole makes things much easier. Just block or use NOS to get away from the pack or if you get in any trouble. Fun race after all, because the car handels really well.

I just ran a 200-pter at The Ring with a used 1998 SL 500 (R129) -- (bought W18 w/26475.0 miles)

MB: Legends of the Silver Arrow
Nurburgring Nordsheife (1 Lap)
Lineup:
1 CLK E 55 AMG '02
2 190 E 2.5 - 16 EvoII '91
3 SLK 230 Kompressor '98
4 CLK 55 AMG '00
5 SLR McLaren '03
6 SL 500 (R129) '98

Mods:
S2, NA1, Chip, No Oil, Nitro @ 15, 3ple Clutch, Rac Fly, Carbon Shaft, Full Rac Tranny @ Auto 14, 53 Ball @ 0

I really had to live up to my name on this one. I used everything in the book, threw the book in the kitchen sink, then threw the kitchen sink at 'em all to be safe. I'll post a link to a video later tonight.

It's critical to punt the McLaren before crossing T1. Even so, it'll come into your rear-view before the back straight, as well as the final stretch. I've been trying for 2 days to do this, and now it's done...

Now, to do it for real (this was on a "Testing" gamesave). I don't know how I'm gonna get the same lineup (the Avantgarde screws things up), but we'll just have to roll the dice and see what comes up.

Anyway, the race @ LotSA/Fuji '90s is trivial. I haven't pulled a 200 ptr for Opera yet, but I know this car can win that one (for less pts). I'll also be seeing if this car can sweep the SL Challenge, hopefully for another 200-pts each...

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Just run this race on my NTSC game, great fun and I used this setup. However I messed up on my first attempt and let the SLR past me, 2nd attempt changed things a bit. Removed chip, used S3 tires and put ballast up to 60, was a very close race and MOV was 1.3 sec.:) Also sacrificed my 100% win ratio.:(

If you've been starting last, try entering the championship, skipping races to get to Opera, and qualifying for it instead. Otherwise, I really don't have much advice other than to recommend that you practice with the car on N1 tires in Arcade Mode, to adapt to its handling. 👍

Finally got it for maximum points :crazy: Opera is a really fun track, if you equip your car with the appropriate tires, it´s not on N 1´s. At least for me this one is impossible to win without qualifying, not even close. Starting from pole, the big challenge for the three rounds is, not to let anybody pass you. And they try at every single corner. Everytime you leave the racing line or make a little mistake, at least one car will pass you, maybe more, because they are all bunched up behind you. I used the Nos entering all the straights in order to have a little breathing room for the next turn. Thank you guys for the help.

Peugeot 206 Cup

Just had a clean sweep of 1000 points, very easy.

Peugeot 206 Rally Car 99, Min downforce 8/11, Max Ballast, S3 Tires. NOS Optional, I didn't use any nor have it equipped.

Adjust tranny auto according to track or to suit driving style.

Just thought I'd add transmission settings for this car & setup.

Standard transmission trick (see post 2), then final ratios of:

Opera : 4.800
Tsukuba : 5.000
Motorland : 5.500
Suzuka : 4.500
Cote d'Azur : 4.800

Tsukuba was the only one where I felt that having nitrous was useful; it's certainly winnable without nitrous though.

BMW Series M at NR for 200 points

Using my worn out M-Coupe with 308 hp and Dotini´s setup at GT Vault:

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::7314/BMW-M-Coupe/

I only changed the nitrous to 25 to be able to use it more frequently. After a quick preview of Sathe 1 it was lineup #7 in my PAL version with the A1 cars in the required order with the M-Coupe on pole, followed by the M3, the M3 CSL, the M3 GTR and the M5. I got in front at Aremburg cutting the grass. Dont´t interfer with the first two cars if you pass them. You will need them to hold up the stronger cars as long as possible. After the long uphill section the CSL and the M5 where 2-3 seconds behind me. I was holding them off until I entered the long straight. At the corner entering it I was running wide and the CSL passed me. I drafted him and used the rest of my nitrous. The M5 was right behind me entering the last turns and past the CSL and me. I got him in the last corner, forcing him into the grass. MOV 2 sec. Very intense and fun racing.

Speedster Trophy Race 1-5 200 A-Spec

Car: Opel Speedster '00 (no oil, 150 Ballast, Wing, R3 Tyres) / MR / 256HP / 1000kg / 3.90 kg/HP / 200 A-Spec by raVer

A Video from Race 2

raVer

Last edited:
Back