One Make Races - France and Germany

• Thread starter daan
  • 130 comments
Congrats nige on this feat. Just a few more points to go. /insert envious smiley/

:cheers:

AMG.

AMG - thanks!!
Actually if you qualify first it makes things a whole lot easier. I thought it would be a lot more difficult than it was. Try the set up above.
As I have said before, if I can do it I know you can.
Regards,
nige

Actually there's 1 more thing to make your setup even better.

Add a VCD controller and set it to 10.

That will improve it really a lot (well at least I needed that to be able to win this). And if possible try to race without Aids at all or at most like I normally do if needed (0/0/1).

Add a VCD controller and set it to 10.
Nige thx for the settings, Dragon, thx for the VCD, that finally made this car a 4WD and I know because I used to own one.
El Cap was a breeze, Tokyo took 4 tries and Deep Forest took 6. On the last attempt at DF I switched to N1/N2 to combat understeering.

Wow what a difference the VCD made. This championship finally felt good after having cursed all previous attempts with this 🤬 car. It now truly behaves as expected.
:)

AMG.

Nige thx for the settings, Dragon, thx for the VCD, that finally made this car a 4WD and I know because I used to own one.
El Cap was a breeze, Tokyo took 4 tries and Deep Forest took 6. On the last attempt at DF I switched to N1/N2 to combat understeering.

Wow what a difference the VCD made. This championship finally felt good after having cursed all previous attempts with this 🤬 car. It now truly behaves as expected.
:)

AMG.

AMG - Great driving - VERY WELL DONE!!!!!👍 👍 👍

Didn't know you once owned a TT :) :)

nige

SL Challenge (Apricot Hill setup)

'98 SL500
No oil change
Nitrous [50]
Tires S3/S3
Racing Exhaustion
Racing Chip
112 Ballast [50 in the back]
Auto-setup 7

VS (don't know the number of the lineup)
'98 SL500
'04 SL600
SL65 AMG
'98 SL600
SL55 AMG

it's still a hard race, but much easier (and since no 300SL it allow a use of a better car setup).

This combo/setup should work in all 3 except the gear box setup.

Anyone up for the challenge?

'49 VW Beetle - Any mods allowed for race
track - Twin Ring Motegi
Anything goes....

Think it can't be done?
Click Here!

Anyone up for the challenge?
'49 VW Beetle - Any mods allowed for race track - Twin Ring Motegi
Anything goes.... Think it can't be done? Click Here!
You may indeed find a person willing to take up this challenge but you came to the wrong subforum (& thread). May I respectfully point you to post #1.
Discuss 200 point races in the One Make Races - France and Germany Events here

Sirberra is well known for racing his 49 beetle with success in historic races for 200 points.
You might want to take your challenge to the OLR section on GTP.
I wish you luck.

AMG.

You may indeed find a person willing to take up this challenge but you came to the wrong subforum (& thread). May I respectfully point you to post #1.

Sirberra is well known for racing his 49 beetle with success in historic races for 200 points.
You might want to take your challenge to the OLR section on GTP.
I wish you luck.

AMG.

Um, it is a 200pt race in the one make races for Germany...

Go to the Beetle Cup, which I though would be kind of obvious since it's a Beetle and it's a one make race, and it's German!

Um, it is a 200pt race in the one make races for Germany...

Go to the Beetle Cup, which I though would be kind of obvious since it's a Beetle and it's a one make race, and it's German!

Given that 90% of the posts in the 200 point subforum actually talk about how to win a particular race for max points I wasn't prepared for your interpretation of your first post that starts off with

Anyone up for the challenge?.......

To me that sounded very much like an OLR challenge. I suspect most visitors/contributors here thought the same. Now that you state it is possible to win the beetle cup with the old 49er; my apologies for the misinterpretation.

AMG.

Given that 90% of the posts in the 200 point subforum actually talk about how to win a particular race for max points I wasn't prepared for your interpretation of your first post that starts off with

To me that sounded very much like an OLR challenge. I suspect most visitors/contributors here thought the same. Now that you state it is possible to win the beetle cup with the old 49er; my apologies for the misinterpretation.

AMG.

it's cool, It's not easy, but it's possible... and, the 200 pt'ers are a lot of fun to do...

I just like to open things up with a catchy title, and I didn't see this race with this car in the list...

Been slowly wearing out a 120i over the past couple weeks to run through 1-series, Euro Hatch, and Schwartz A... won the 1-series at grand valley without much difficulty, but I'm getting abused at Infineon. Been running worn out oil, N1, 190 ballast (centered), FC suspension and tranny (default final, auto 4). Forgot to mention I'm using NOS also - obvious oversight that would have made for a good suggestion had I been missing it.

I can make it up into 3rd, but the front couple cars separate from the pack before I can catch up to them. I think I'm losing by about 6 seconds - certainly within the boundaries that continued practice should make up most of it. It ocurred to me after my frustration subsided that I should be on N1/N3, and minimize the ballast to an exact figure... but does anybody have some recommendations for suspension and gearing. I'm going to play around with it a bit later, but I'm stuck at work and looking for a glimmer of hope...

Also, I'm sure this varies driver to driver - but for races like these do most of you cut straight to the needed points, or work your way down to it by starting on N3's no ballast, winning, then stepping up the difficulty? I usually try to work on max points, but with a lot of easier wins out of the way, I'm not sure that approach is going to serve me very well from here on.

IIRC I'd try max first, and fail miserably. If it didn't happen after 3 or so attempts I'd go for less and work my way up to it and/or try a different car. Going for the best tyres that the race will allow. If that means more weight then so be it. E.g I'd try for 0 ballast, if I won, i'd go for 100 ballast, 150 etc. and work upwards to 200 points. If ballast maxxed out and still <200 points I would downgrade the tyres.

Wrt Gearing, try the tranny trick. Suspension is extrememly personal but usually the default setting is pretty good.

AMG.

Been slowly wearing out a 120i over the past couple weeks to run through 1-series, Euro Hatch, and Schwartz A... won the 1-series at grand valley without much difficulty, but I'm getting abused at Infineon. Been running worn out oil, N1, 190 ballast (centered), FC suspension and tranny (default final, auto 4).

I can make it up into 3rd, but the front couple cars separate from the pack before I can catch up to them. I think I'm losing by about 6 seconds - certainly within the boundaries that continued practice should make up most of it. It ocurred to me after my frustration subsided that I should be on N1/N3, and minimize the ballast to an exact figure... but does anybody have some recommendations for suspension and gearing. I'm going to play around with it a bit later, but I'm stuck at work and looking for a glimmer of hope...

Also, I'm sure this varies driver to driver - but for races like these do most of you cut straight to the needed points, or work your way down to it by starting on N3's no ballast, winning, then stepping up the difficulty? I usually try to work on max points, but with a lot of easier wins out of the way, I'm not sure that approach is going to serve me very well from here on.

At the moment I can't locate the settings I used on the 120i but it is one of the better turning cars on N1s. Generally when I'm faced with using N1s or a car that is a "Push Meister" aka "won't turn", I found in the front you will need to jack up your front spring pressure, use low to medium shock bound, hi rebound, 4-4.5 camber, and hi swaybar. In the rear, lo to med. spring pressure, lo bound, medium rebound, 0 camber and medium to hi swaybar. Max brake on the rear. About 6 clicks less on the front.

Depending on the car and track, toe out front and/or rear can significantly help get the car to turn and improve lap times. It is usually more effective on the shorter, sharp turn tracks like Opera house and Cote d Azur but can be helpful elsewhere.

Lower ride hieghts and positive ballasting (to the front) can help too but can make the car twitchy and more difficult to drive. In some instances to get results you may have to learn to drive it that way.
Try the Camaro race with the iroc for max points. With out a doubt one of the pushiest cars in the game. That car with N1s wouldn't turn on fly paper.

Something that will help too is take the car to the track of the race, and run some practice laps, trying diffrent settings to see where you can improve it. Set your gear to red line out at the end of the longest straitaway.
For FF cars, most of the time you will need to decrease decel and increase initial and accel rear diff to increase traction and help turn the car.

If max pts is what I'm after, I just figure, why waste time running for something less.

At Infineon you can wallride the last sharp righthander before the start/finish and pickup sometime if you need to, but you can win that race without it. On that particular subject; if they make you run a grossly underpowered, overwieghted car with tires on the front that hydroplane on dry pavement, and then put you in 6th place with a running start, I figure, you have to even things up wherever you can.

I hope this will at least point you in the right direction.

Some spots are right about setups, some aren't.

For Fwd cars, tuning an LSD is tricky. For one thing, you need to turn into the corner - hence a rather open diff. On the other hand, you need traction out - which means closer settings. Basically: Initial at a very low value, Accelleration at 20-30, maybe up to 40, and Deceleration at the lowest possible.

But the springs part is correct - for some reason, high springs in GT4 equal more traction, unlike real-life. Hence, on an Fwd, having a stiff front (8-10) and a wobbly rear (2-5) will improve handling instantly. I so wish we had a 200-pointer with an Opel Corsa.

Good Tips, as always. Ended up with: Tranny trick with a final of 5.25, stiffened the front springs/bound/rebound (14/7/8), loosened the back suspension (had it about equal to the front previously, ended around 11/5/5), maxed the stabilizers, and added a bit more camber (3.5/2.0 if memory serves), and tweaked the LSD (10/30/5).

No idea if that all actually helped me more than the extra practice, but I was able to easily win Motegi for 200, then returned to Infineon and cleaned that up for 200 within the first few attempts.

Dropped the ballast, threw on a set of S3's, and took to Schwartz A... and it felt almost perfect. I was tearing around the corners and just crushed the other cars. 👍 Probably my widest victory margins for 3-4 lap 200 point races (excluding RAM-type mismatches).

Renault Alpine Cup
Alpine A310 N1, 200 ballast. Lineup: 4x Alpine A110.

Unused Alpine A310 prize car, No oil change.
N1's at front, N3's at rear, only 107 Ballast required against the quoted lineup.

MB SL races.
I finally settled for the following lineup
500 '02, 600 '04, 500 '98, 55 '02, 65 '04.

With 10.000 mls on the clock. Added R1, chip, 0 weight, NA1, forgot to refresh the chassis before I ran above 2 races.
65 NOS, TRclutch,001 aids as the tyres spin without it, RC brakes + Ctrlr 4/3 Carbon shaft.
Tranny auto 13, RC susp 11/10.5, 104/124,4/4,7/7,2/1.5,0/-1,4/3

After a week of failed attempts I also settled on this lineup but was able to win for 200 points using a 300SL with just 30 miles on the clock.

Racing Exhaust, NA1, NOS(40), S2/S3.
Sports Suspension - Height 125/125, Damper 2/2, Camber 3.0/0.8.
Tri-Clutch, Race Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft, 0/0/2 aids.
Full-Custom LSD - 10/60/20, 85 Ballast.

The addition of the LSD was the key to my final success at Apricot Hill. Without it I'd be left standing at the startline and be unable to pass even a single car before one of the AMG's took the lead!

Fuji and El Capitan had already been completed for 200 against some other lineup before I added the Racing Exhaust and LSD.

I've discovered another way to complete the Clio Cup for full points.

Car: '00 Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V equipped with the following:

R2 tires (R3 for qualifying)
twin plate clutch
racing flywheel
oil change

Qualifying is required at the first 3 events, it is not required for the final 2 events. :)

Unused Alpine A310 prize car, No oil change.
N1's at front, N3's at rear, only 107 Ballast required against the quoted lineup.

used alpine a310 with approx 9000 miles 113bhp 200 ballast (all to the front), 100 nos and lowered front ride height all the way, trans auto 5. n2 front n3 rear.

againt 4 x a110 second line up from reset on pal.

Legends of Silver Arrow at the Ring.
1954 300 SL.
Power 135 hp (chip and race exhaust)
Tires R1/R3
0 Ballast.
All non power performance upgrades.

Against line up 1 PAL. with the Mclaren SLR in 5th.

Get past the SLR fairly early and then get into the lead after some grass cutting .

Get a 5 second lead ( the race tires sure give extra speed on the corners).
The SLR catches up at the second caruorsel and I have to block down the long straight to go on to a 0.5 second win.

(USA Ver) I'm trying to use the Lupo 1.4 (B License Prize) to sweep the Lupo Cup Championship...

I can win 200pt races at Fuji '90s & The 'Ring, but I'm WAY behind at the other 3 (Tsukuba, Suzuka, and Infineon)...

Has anyone done this yet? I don't want to use any other type of Lupo for this, but I'm looking to maximize the A-spec points I get. I'm also trying to spend less than $10000 in mods.

Typically, the AI field includes 3 Lupo Cup GTIs, and 2 Lupo Cups. Sometimes I need to add ballast, depending on the track and how much my car has worn down. I'd also like to be able to win from worst to first, but I can't win without qualifying for all races except Fuji ("wasting" mileage and wearing out the car).

I can win the first 2 races (Fuji '90s and Nurburgring) with the following:
S2, Nitro @ 75 & 40 (respectively), Oil, Chip, Sports Muffler, Sports Clutch, Racing Flywheel
0-150 Ballast @ 0 (depending on the race). But the last 3 races... with these settings, I usually get smoked by a good 15+ seconds (except Suzuka).

So, post yer settings, if you were able to pull a 1000pt sweep for the Lupo Cup, using the 1.4...

Thanks, and Have A Great Drive!.
RoadHazzard

I bought an Opel Speedster Turbo, kept it stock to compete in the Speedster Trophy. (I like an even match, my opponents are typically stock too.) My first race was in Grand Valley. It was a 200 pt race, stock No TCS, No ASM. I assumed it'd be easy because I thought my opponents would be a clean competitor.

They weren't. They dusted me off the line. So I bought nitrous and SS tires.

Still a 200 pt race. They still dusted me.

I went all out, buying the best of everything for the car, excluding a racing tranny. I'm a good racing sim driver and I kept up with the crowd with a MOV of 1-2 seconds at the most. Did I mention at this point that they were still 200 pt races?

I think I have my new A spec point source :sly:

What shocked me though is that this is the first time I've seen a race where my opponents max out the mods on their cars.

Allow me to clarify: Once you have obtained a certain number of points in a race, you cannot gain any A-Spec points by winning it again for the same number of points. If you've already gotten 200 points in a race, you're done with it and can't add any more to your total. If you got, say, 100 points and then redid it for 200, your total would increase by 100. So no, there is no such thing as an A-Spec point "source". That's why there's a theoretical maximum, 111813.

Hope that made sense.

RoadHazzard, I did the Lupo Cup in the road version GTi (as mentioned in post #2), so I only know anything about how to win in that car. I qualified for each race and generally needed a lot of blocking if memory serves. Because the 1.4 is down on power (I think) I'd suggest trying out the car on progressively harder tires (hence adding more power) until the handling goes seriously off. If it drives well on N2s or N3s, use those. If S1s are the worst the car can drive on, you definitely have a challenge on your hands keeping up with the opponents.

Last edited:
Allow me to clarify: Once you have obtained a certain number of points in a race, you cannot gain any A-Spec points by winning it again for the same number of points.
Correct!

If you got, say, 100 points and then redid it for 200, your total would increase by 200.

:) I think you meant to say
If you got, say, 120 points and then redid it for 200, your total would increase by (an additional) 80. (making it 200 max)

That's why there's a theoretical maximum, 111813.
Nearly right :sly:, the theoretical max is higher. We would calc 200 for each race + 250 for the missions. But you and I know not all races go up to 200 max. Therefore 111813 is not theoretical but reality and obtainable (though hard)

AMG.

:) I think you meant to say
If you got, say, 120 points and then redid it for 200, your total would increase by (an additional) 80. (making it 200 max)

Nearly right :sly:, the theoretical max is higher. We would calc 200 for each race + 250 for the missions. But you and I know not all races go up to 200 max. Therefore 111813 is not theoretical but reality and obtainable (though hard)

AMG.

Oops! :embarrassed: I do know what I'm talking about, that was just a typo [goes off to edit]. And I would call 111813 a theoretical maximum since it's literally impossible to be offered more. I guess it depends on how you define the word. And hard? Tell me about it! :banghead: Those two enduros are painful; even the hardest one-makes don't begin to equal their difficulty IMO.

Last edited:
I realized how big of an idiot I was for trying to drive this thing with the ASM/TCS on.. This car (the Lupo 1.4) performs MUCH better with them turned off. The car holds its speed better while turning, and exit speeds have increased dramatically...

So I can now win 200 point races for Suzuka and Infineon (and now I *KILL* 'em @ The 'Ring (+ Qualifying)), but I'm still having trouble with Tsukuba... I'll spend some more time on it this afternoon, but I'm close to giving in and buying a NA1 or something cowardly...

Anyway, if anyone has beaten a 200pt field for Ger/VW/Lupo #3 (Tsukuba), post yer settings!! (please) :)

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

RoadHazzard, I did the Lupo Cup in the road version GTi (as mentioned in post #2), so I only know anything about how to win in that car. I qualified for each race and generally needed a lot of blocking if memory serves. Because the 1.4 is down on power (I think) I'd suggest trying out the car on progressively harder tires (hence adding more power) until the handling goes seriously off. If it drives well on N2s or N3s, use those. If S1s are the worst the car can drive on, you definitely have a challenge on your hands keeping up with the opponents.

Thanks, Austin! Yeah, this little booger is a bit out-matched, but I'm getting close to making the sweep. I've only been using the S2 tires that came with it, as harder tires make this car even more undriveable, and softer tires force me to downgrade my power to an unwinnable #. I'm trying to spend less than $10000 because I have a Day20 gamesave (I still need to get the A-License), and I want to be able to buy the 6.2 mile cars as they show up... This Lupo 1.4 can be a real money-maker, being able to run and win this series, the Sunday Cup, and the FF Challenge (I haven't tested others yet).

Of course, nothing matters unless I win this series, and I'd like to do so while maximizing my A-spec total, and without buying another vehicle.

Thanks for the help! Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how you define the word.
True, Im not going to get the dictionary out on this one :)

Those two enduros are painful; even the hardest one-makes don't begin to equal their difficulty IMO.
two? MX5 and ??
The others are relatively easy, half of fgt is hard (my opinion), and 1000 mls can be tough (Nurb), Sarthe was easy, once I got the right lineup. :D

AMG

Yeah, as you can see in my sig, I'm not up for the 24h races until I do the other two, which are MX5 and SS150. I'm apparently devoid of skill in wallriding so I'm having a lot of trouble with that one. I think it's doable if I get a great lineup though. MX5, however, from what I've seen, is another story. I can't make N3s remotely last 42 laps (NTSC 1800RS pit interval) and N2s bog me down enough for all the field-fillers to beat me because they stop one less time and are approximately as fast. I've done all the other races, though (point total now 110820). FGT was easy, just time-consuming, and 1000 miles wasn't terrible.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Yeah, as you can see in my sig, I'm not up for the 24h races until I do the other two, which are MX5 and SS150. I'm apparently devoid of skill in wallriding so I'm having a lot of trouble with that one. I think it's doable if I get a great lineup though. MX5, however, from what I've seen, is another story. I can't make N3s remotely last 42 laps (NTSC 1800RS pit interval) and N2s bog me down enough for all the field-fillers to beat me because they stop one less time and are approximately as fast.

To me the ss150 wasn't as hard as the 1000 miles events (nurb - sarthe) If you can use the Mazda 787b and pit on lap 50 - 52 you can do the event on one stop. Make sure you draft as much as possible to conserve fuel.

I've done all the other races, though (point total now 110820). FGT was easy, just time-consuming, and 1000 miles wasn't terrible.

FGT and 1000 miles was definately made easier by looking at all the posts that every one else has put up on them. 👍👍👍👍
With-out that help, I am sure I would still be doing them myself.

BTW sorry for OT

Lupo Races, Have you tried with N3 tyres as these maybe a little better than S1's

OA

Back