One Make Races - Italy, Korea, UK & USA

• Thread starter daan
  • 239 comments
I like those Hyundai settings at Hong Kong, but I'm still not able to pull it off for 176 on N1 tires.

I guess I'm in Club 156 now, since I got tired of the futile attempts at Hong Kong with N1, and decided to try it with N2 tires. Piece of cake on N2/N3 tire setup, won easily with 5 bars of nitrous left. Didn't save my game with the 156 though, as I'm keeping this game save "pristine" with every win a max A-spec win.

Edit: Just to give myself some feeling of progress, I also "unofficially" knocked off Tsukuba and Autumn Ring for 156 points. Such a huge difference between N1 and N2 tires... :(

Last edited:
I like those Hyundai settings at Hong Kong, but I'm still not able to pull it off for 176 on N1 tires.

I guess I'm in Club 156 now, since I got tired of the futile attempts at Hong Kong with N1, and decided to try it with N2 tires. Piece of cake on N2/N3 tire setup, won easily with 5 bars of nitrous left. ....
... :(

Jbrennen - I think I can speak for the other members of the Hyundai Club 156 in welcoming you into our exclusive club! However, I'm not expecting that it will be a long lasting membership, as you seem to be one of our very best drivers! Shall we set you up with a temporary membership?

Good luck!

GTsail290

Guys, I think (from memory) Hong Kong Hyundai should not be that hard. I am pretty sure there is a wall ride in this one, Just cant remember where it was though. Will try to fire up tonight, to find the answer.

Guys, I think (from memory) Hong Kong Hyundai should not be that hard. I am pretty sure there is a wall ride in this one, Just cant remember where it was though. Will try to fire up tonight, to find the answer.

Open Addict - additional help would be much appreciated!

Dotini has recently shown the path to victory at Hong Kong with his usual tuning improvements, however, the exquisite driving skills required to win it are still beyond my reach.:grumpy:

Respectfully,
GTsail290

No one's going anywhere!

The Hyundai races are the Holy Grail, the ultima thule, the Liszt etudes, of GT4.

Alrighty then, the biggest tip for Hyundai Hong Kong.

map provided by AMG.
picture.php

If done correctly this should net you quite a few seconds.
Down the long straight after turn 6G, gun the Nitrous. You should be able to get on the butt of Fifth place right before corner 7F (the masive hairpin). Go to the outside of fifth and glide around the wall. You should also be able to pass fourth aswell. It may seem a bit slower but you are not braking for the corner like the others, so time IS gained.

Second lap do the same thing (except fifth would be third) after the second lap you should be about 1 second or so of first. NOS to take him out at corner 9 or the 10-11-12 complex.

The other thing here is quite a lot of time can be made up at the 10-11-12 complex because the AI do slow considerably for these corners.

I hope this helps.
Good Luck
Regards,
OA

Last edited:
Thanks Open Addict

Since we've just started a new year, I will give this a few more tries.

I was up against the 365 attempt limit in December so I couldn't spend my XMAS vacation on this!

GTsail290

MGF at Opera

Using Dotini´s almost unmodified settings I yesterday finally finished MGF at Opera for 180 max points.

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::7516/MG-MGF/

Thank you for another great setup Dotini. Key for me was to be in second place in the first round after the long straight. This way I had all the second round to catch the leader, which I did in the second round after the long straight. Also important for me was to save some Nos for the long straight in the second round to be able to catch up to the leader.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning that during my quest to conquer these races, which are no doubt among the top toughest, if not the toughest in the max point quest, I could not win them without the right lineup. A had to invest a tremendous amount of time in lineup trial and error, until a beatable lineup was aquired. As you all know, each lineup will run at several different paces as well. To my recollection as with some other races there was possibly only one pace that I found beatable. For me this was absolutely essential to winning these races.

It appears here, that the car setup and technique has been effectively prescribed for success, so possibly this is the only remaining key to victory.

Since it has been sometime ago that I did this, I don't have the details of which lineup I used to win them. If I can find the replays (which I should have somewhere) I will post at least the color cars and starting position that I raced against.

Even with that information it still may require trial and error, since as pointed out elsewhere in these threads, lineups can vary at any given point in time and will not always be consistant.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning that during my quest to conquer these races, which are no doubt among the top toughest, if not the toughest in the max point quest, I could not win them without the right lineup. A had to invest a tremendous amount of time in lineup trial and error, until a beatable lineup was aquired. As you all know, each lineup will run at several different paces as well. To my recollection as with some other races there was possibly only one pace that I found beatable. For me this was absolutely essential to winning these races.

It appears here, that the car setup and technique has been effectively prescribed for success, so possibly this is the only remaining key to victory.

Since it has been sometime ago that I did this, I don't have the details of which lineup I used to win them. If I can find the replays (which I should have somewhere) I will post at least the color cars and starting position that I raced against.

Even with that information it still may require trial and error, since as pointed out elsewhere in these threads, lineups can vary at any given point in time and will not always be consistant.

Hi SuperCobraJet!

In my attempt to find a good lineup for Hyundai's at Autumn Ring, I ran numerous races in B-spec (with and without Preview) but found no variation in lap times. I did find variation at Hong Kong, but none at Tsukuba.

Did you do your searching in A-spec or in B-spec?

Respectfully yours,
Dotini

Hi SuperCobraJet!

In my attempt to find a good lineup for Hyundai's at Autumn Ring, I ran numerous races in B-spec (with and without Preview) but found no variation in lap times. I did find variation at Hong Kong, but none at Tsukuba.

Did you do your searching in A-spec or in B-spec?

Respectfully yours,
Dotini

Hey Dotini, hope you are doing well.

I did all my research in A-spec running against the different lineups and the varied paces of different lineups.
Granted this is frustrating and time consuming, but you are practicing at the same time.

Lap time is not the only consideration. Since you have to go from 6th to 1st, it is vitally important to be able to gain positions (pass the 2nd thru 5th place cars) at the right junctures with minimum or preferably no impedence, so you can be in a position to win.
In the Hyundai series as well as some others I found this was of critical importance to winning for max points. You still have to run a practically flawless race as well.

For whatever reason, Hong Kong was the toughest for me. I can't recall the other two, but the lineups and different paces of the lineups is what gave me the most problem. I eventually found a lineup that it was possible to win on one or possibly two of the pace variations. I reran against this lineup repeatedly until I got in the position to win during the right pace, and finally did. Needless to say, this still took many attempts. Sometimes the pace variation can be minimal, but since these races are so difficult, it can mean the difference between being able to win or not.

I hope this may be of help to you.

As a note for those who can't seem to find 4 147 GTA's in the lineup in the GTA Cup, if you do a preview of the 1st race of GVS, exit and then enter a race for real there will be 4 GTA's sat on the start grid in 1st, 3rd, 4th & 5th place NTSC version. The next lineup after that also gives up 4 GTA's on the start grid.

Last edited:
For the benefit of Hyundai Club 156 members, and others who are interested in these hard races, I posted a revised Tiburon setup at the GTVault.

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::8031/Tiburon-GT-Dotini2001/

I secured 166 points with it at Hong Kong, so it can't be entirely without merit. It was quite easy to catch the 5th place quicker than ever before, and a good start to the race is virtually guaranteed. Please, check it out for yourself and help us develop the ultimate Tiburon setup.

With some small changes I was able to secure the 176 points with my silver Hyundai at Hong Kong with Dotini´s great setup. Thank you for that.

I only changed the rear tires to N 3´s and notched up the TCS to 7 and the Nos to 70. This may have slowed me down in the corners, but I was able to accelerate with Nos out of the corners much quicker.

Important for me was to be in second place after the first round. It´s much easier to catch only one car in the second round when you are running out of Nos. I tried the race some times some days ago after watching Austin´s video several times, but no success. Than yesterday, I did it in my first try.

With some small changes I was able to secure the 176 points with my silver Hyundai at Hong Kong with Dotini´s great setup. Thank you for that.

I only changed the rear tires to N 3´s and notched up the TCS to 7 and the Nos to 70. This may have slowed me down in the corners, but I was able to accelerate with Nos out of the corners much quicker.

Important for me was to be in second place after the first round. It´s much easier to catch only one car in the second round when you are running out of Nos. I tried the race some times some days ago after watching Austin´s video several times, but no success. Than yesterday, I did it in my first try.

Great driving Tetraeder!👍

I know how hard this race is, since so far, its beyond my abilities.:(

Why did you change the rear tires to N3's? I would not think that it would help. Do you think that the N3's helped? I have been trying the race with N2's on the rear.

Happy hunting!
GTsail

I started with Dotini´s setup. If I try a race several times and don´t succeed I start to make changes to the setup to fit my driving style. Therefore I increased the TCS and the Nos. If changing to N3´s at the rear really helped from a tuning perspective? I have no idea, at least I felt more comfortable with them. :) I guesss that is what counts in the end.

Just give it a try with N3´s and see if it does any good. You don´t have anything to loose. If I can do it, you can do it for sure.

I'm thrilled at Tetraeder's success at Hong Kong!!

I will update my setup at GTVault with a post regarding his settings. Good input on the NOS and TCS settings; could be vital insights into the the other Hyundai events.👍

N3's at the rear will help with braking.

With highest regards,
Dotini

I'm thrilled at Tetraeder's success at Hong Kong!!

I will update my setup at GTVault with a post regarding his settings. Good input on the NOS and TCS settings; could be vital insights into the the other Hyundai events.👍

N3's at the rear will help with braking.

With highest regards,
Dotini

Well Dotini, I´m thrilled with your feedback!!!

Probably this is the first time I was able to give something back to the forum. So far I was only using all the information I found here, provided by all of you sharing your settings and experience. Thanks for that again:):):)

I think I just had my most satisfying win so far on GT4, Motorland in the MGF Festival for 180pts. Using Dotini's (post 94) setup and GTsail290's suggestion for -15 balance (I also reduced NOS to 90 to make it last a bit longer as it was drinking it too quickly for me), took 5 attempts and a serious battering into the sand of the lead TF160 but got there. Only started this event earlier tonight, got through HK after 2 attempts & Suzuka on the 1st attempt but they were easy compared to this horrible race. I expect the last 2 races will be tough aswell but surely no harder than that one.

Edit - Opera Paris went down on 1st attempt.
Last Edit: Grand Valley East also went down for max points on 1st attempt with a rather large slice of luck, was in 2nd going into the final corner and so decided to try and batter the lead car into the sand, end result was we both ended up in the sand but I still had NOS left and managed to get out just in front of the 3rd place AI, used remainder of my NOS and won by a second or so, nicely wraps up a series I was dreading.

Last edited:
Well, I'm really struggling with the MG Festival at Motorland :( I've been using Dotini's settings throughout the series so far, so a massive thankyou to him for his time and effort that goes into the setups!

I just can't seem to crack the Motorland challenge. Any suggestions at all? So far I've used Dotini's Paris settings as a base and I couldn't get anywhere near the lead. I also tried the suggestions mentioned throughout this thread, but the best I've done so far is 3.5s off the lead with no nitrous left.

Which grid is better do you think? MGF, or TF on pole?

Any help gratefully accepted :)

On a more general note, MASSIVE thanks must go to Dotini for all his efforts. There's a few tuners I look out for on GTVault and Dotini is definitely one of them 👍

And thanks to the rest of you in this particular sub forum, max points could not be achieved without you! :)

Well, I'm really struggling with the MG Festival at Motorland :( I've been using Dotini's settings throughout the series so far, so a massive thankyou to him for his time and effort that goes into the setups!

I just can't seem to crack the Motorland challenge. Any suggestions at all? So far I've used Dotini's Paris settings as a base and I couldn't get anywhere near the lead. I also tried the suggestions mentioned throughout this thread, but the best I've done so far is 3.5s off the lead with no nitrous left.

Did you check out my post (#197) in this thread? I also used Dotini's Paris settings as a starting point and ended up making some pretty substantial alterations before I was able to max out the MG Motorland race...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87606&page=10#post3668748

Did you check out my post (#197) in this thread? I also used Dotini's Paris settings as a starting point and ended up making some pretty substantial alterations before I was able to max out the MG Motorland race...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87606&page=10#post3668748

Yeh I've tried your settings and they were the closest I got to winning. Still 3.5s off the pace though. :(

Are there any wall rides or anything I should be looking out for? I've scoured this whole thread for info and it seems many people have manged this race. Perhaps my skills are a little lacking :indiff:

Do you have a preference as to which car starts on Pole?

Thanks for your input, in the meantime I shall keep trying! :)

EDIT:

Finally did it!! :D just Grand Valley East to go now in this series! For the succesful run, I reset til I had the TF160 on pole, and I equipped chassis refresh and increased rigidity which I forgot all about when I modded this car, doh! The MGF handled loads better after adding those 2 things and I won fairly comfartably by just under 1sec in the end :)

Thanks for all the previous input earlier in the thread, it all helped!

Last edited:
I'm in the chase of 100.000 A-spec's so i had to pass the chrysler test, after a few attempts so i got to know the car i was almost certain that it was some FF understeering car. I managed to get to 151 points easily but then on N1's the trouble started. I checked the drivetrain of the car and i was shocked to see FR! After a small talk with my father we decided that Chrysler is not a good carmaker so their suspension could never much the Citroen's. So the car was fitted with a (french) fully customised suspension set and the altering started.

First the default spring rate was found to be too soft. New setting was at 10.0 Front, 10.0 Rear. Ride height was set to 83 mm from the ground (lowest). Shock (bound) was set to 6 for both front and rear, and the rebound left at stock value 8. The Camber Angle was good for the front wheels (2) but had to be changed for the rear at 0.5. Toe's were left unchanged and stabilizers at 4 front, 6 rear. Now the car behaved much better and got 182 points at second try.

LSD was set to 555 (minimum)
AIDS to 000
I'm using default suspension (fully lowered) at Motegi Super Speedway
and in all races weight ballance was at 0

P.S. I highly doubt if anyone will read this, even more use this information but i felt obligated to share this. Thanks all u people of this threads, see u in GT5 A-Spec hunting.

Last edited:
I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without any AI contact at all, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times.

These are the USA one make events I was able to win for 200 A-Spec points under the above-mentioned conditions. If 200 points can be gained easily (ie Shelby Cobra Cup @ High-Speed ring Reverse) I try to keep the car as stock as possible.

Chevrolet Corvette C1 54' vs Corvette Festival
Seattle
Parts -
Race Exhaust, Chip, NA1, S3 tyres, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD,
Settings -
Suspension: 7.0,6.0 151,151 6,6 7,7 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.000
Aids:000
LSD:10 10 10

Laguna Seca
(Same parts & setup as Seattle)

New York Reverse
(not 200 points) 170 A-spec points (had to use NA2 to keep up on straights)

Infineon Raceway
Same parts as Seattle only setup difference was i used 5,5,5 for the LSD instead of 10,10,10.

El Capitan
Parts - (didn't need to use the Race Exhaust otherwise same as Infineon)
Chip, NA1, S3 tyres, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD,
Settings -
Suspension: 7.0,6.0 151,151 6,6 7,7 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,3
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.000
Aids:001
LSD:5 5 5

Shelby Cobra Cup (using the Mustang for the easier races & the Series 1 for the harder ones)
Seattle Circuit Reverse
Shelby Series 1
Parts -
S2,S3 tyres, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft,
Settings -
Suspension: 9.0,7.5 110,115 7,6 8,7 1.8,1.2 0,1 6,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.400

High Speed Ring Reverse
Shelby Mustang GT350
Parts -
Chip, NA1, S2 tyres (can use S3), FC Transmission,
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.500

New York
Shelby Series 1
Parts -
Chip, S2,S3 tyres, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft,
Settings -
Suspension: 9.5,7.5 100,115 7,6 8,7 1.8,1.2 0,1 6,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.200
Ballast: 43,-43

Laguna Seca
Shelby Series 1
Parts -
Chip, S2,S3 tyres, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft,
Settings -
Suspension: 9.5,7.5 100,115 7,6 8,7 1.8,1.2 0,1 6,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.700
Ballast: 43,-43

Trial Mountain Reverse
Shelby Mustang GT350
Parts -
Chip, NA1, S3 tyres, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft,
Settings -
Suspension: (untouched)
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.700
Aids:001

PS. I know that the use of the C1 54' & the Series 1 in these two events is fairly well know among 200 point pursuitists (not a word apparently), but maybe the setup info will be useful to someone.

Last edited:
I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without any AI contact, No use of Nos or qualifying and staying on the track and off the walls at all times.

These are the Italian, Korean & UK Manufacturer Events which I was able to win for 200 A-Spec points under the above-mentioned conditions.

Italian Manufacturer Events

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 Vs GTA Cup All races Vs 10th Line up. (none for 200)

Grand Valley East Reverse for 159 Points
Parts -
S1,S3 Tyres, Semi-Race Exhaust, PC Chip, Oil Change, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 5,5
Suspension: 6.3,6.2 97,99 -,- 4,5 5,6 3.0,2.5 0,1 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.975
Ballast: 199,50

Tsukuba for 193 Points
Parts -
S1,S3 Tyres, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.985
Ballast: 197,50

Apricot Hill for 170 Points
Parts -
S1,S3 Tyres, Race Exhaust, PC Chip, Port Polish, Engine Balance, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.120
Ballast: 200,50

Korean Manufacturer Events

Hyundai Coupe FX '01 Vs Hyundai Sports Festival All races Vs 1st Line up after a Sarthe II Preview. (none for 200)

Autumn Ring for 92 Points
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 5,6
Suspension: 7.0,7.0 95,105 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,1.5 0,3 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.400

Hong Kong for 92 Points
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.700

Grand Valley East for 108 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.725
Ballast: 7,50

Tsukuba for 93 Points
Parts -
N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 7.0,7.0 95,110 -,- 2,5 3,6 3.0,1.5 0,3 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.600
Ballast: 45,50

Seoul Central for 129 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.890

UK Manufacturer Events

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00 Vs Aston Martin Carnival All races Vs 3rd Line up. (none for 200)

Fuji Speedway 90's for 199 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 7.5,8.0 113,123 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,1.5 0,1 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.825
Ballast: 194,50

Hong Kong for 176 Points
Parts -
N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft, Full LSD.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 7,6
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 120,120 -,- 3,4 4,5 3.0,2.5 0,0 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.875
LSD: 25 40 10

Autumn Ring for 153 Points
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 7.5,8.0 115,120 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,1.5 0,2 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.800
Ballast: 192,50

Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 Vs Elise Trophy (none for 200)

Tokyo R246 for 109 Points Vs 5th Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA Stage 1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 7,5
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 117,118 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.500
Ballast: 196,19

Autumn Ring Reverse for 192 Points Vs 25th Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 7.0,7.5 115,120 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.200

Special Stage Route 5 Reverse for 183 Points Vs 5th Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 7.0,7.5 115,120 -,- 3,5 4,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.525
Ballast: 196,50

Hong Kong for 175 Points Vs 5th Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 117,118 -,- 4,5 5,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.350
Ballast: 197,15

Apricot Hill for 175 Points Vs 5th Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 7.5,7.5 117,118 -,- 4,5 5,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.625
Ballast: 197,25

Lotus Elan S1 '62 Vs Lotus Classics (none for 200)

Hong Kong Reverse for 175 Points Vs 15th Line up.
Parts -
N1,N2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 5,7
Suspension: 4.0,4.2 100,105 -,- 3,5 5,7 2.5,1.0 0,3 3,4

Laguna Seca for 136 Points Vs 7th Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 7,6
Suspension: 4.5,4.5 102,103 -,- 4,5 5,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.775
Ballast: 196,5

El Capitan for 175 Points Vs 7th Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
N1,N2 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.2 100,105 -,- 3,5 5,7 2.5,1.0 0,3 3,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.325

Tsukuba for 155 Points Vs 7th Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.2 100,105 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.0,1.5 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.930
Ballast: 198,50

Apricot Hill for 155 Points Vs 7th Line up after a Sarthe I Preview.
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 4.0,4.2 100,105 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.0,1.5 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.425 5th1.185
Ballast: 198,50

MGF '97 (Black Oil) Vs MG Festival All races Vs 1st Line up (none for 200)

Hong Kong Reverse for 150 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, PC Chip, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 6,7
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 115,120 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.0,2.0 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.650

Suzuka for 125 Points
Parts -
S1,S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.050

Opera Paris for 140 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Semi-Race Exhaust, PC Chip, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 113,120 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.2,2.0 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.450

Motorland for 125 Points
Parts -
S1,S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final5.400

Grand Valley East Reverse for 145 Points
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, Sport Exhaust, PC Chip, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,5.5 113,120 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.2,2.0 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.925
Ballast: 195,50

Mini Cooper '02 Vs Mini Sports Meeting (none for 200)

Opera Paris for 139 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 4.2,4.4 115,120 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.0,1.8 0,3 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.575

Tokyo R246 for 78 Points Vs 4th Line up.
Parts -
S3 Tyres, NA Stage 1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 6,6
Suspension: 4.2,4.4 115,120 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.0,2.0 0,2 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.350

Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse for 131 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Suspension: 4.2,4.4 115,120 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.0,2.0 0,2 2,4
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.550

Seattle for 131 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.575

New York Reverse for 86 Points Vs 6th Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, NA Stage 1, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.375

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 Vs Spitfire Cup All races Vs 1st Line up (none for 200)

El Capitan for 137 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 3.8,4.2 98,106 -,- 3,5 5,7 3.2,1.8 0,3 2,4

Twin Ring Motegi (West Short Course) for 137 Points
Parts -
N1,N2 Tyres, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse for 120 Points
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.700

Clubman Stage Route 5 for 128 Points
Parts -
N1,N2 Tyres, PC Chip, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final3.450
Ballast: 195,50

Seoul Central Reverse for 120 Points
Parts -
Settings -

TVR V8S '91 (Black Oil) Vs Black Pool Racers All races Vs 5th Line up

Suzuka Circuit (East Course)
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Sport Exhaust, NA stage 2, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 6,5
Suspension: 6.5,7.0 118,122 -,- 4,6 5,7 3.0,2.5 0,1 4,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.525
Ballast: 161,50

Special Stage Route 5
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Sport Exhaust, NA stage 2, Race Brakes, Brake BC, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.5,7.0 115,120 -,- 3,6 4,7 3.0,2.2 0,2 3,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.500

Laguna Seca
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.800

Opera Paris
Parts -
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final2.750

Fuji Speedway 2005
Parts -
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,7.0 112,122 -,- 3,6 4,7 3.3,2.0 0,3 2,5
Transmission: Auto9

This concludes my efforts for the Italian, Korean & UK Manufacturer Races; I've managed to take 522 of 600, 514 of 880 and 5050 of 6295 of the respective possible points on offer.

These were my Last Manufacturer races, my final total stands at 33390 of the 39713 points taken.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm doing this...

In the hopes of extending my 200 point streak, I hopped in my DB7 and tested the lineups for the Aston Martin Carnival. I discovered that the third lineup (NA) offers 199 points with max ballast and N2 tires.

So what do I decide to do? Wear it down... In A-spec mode!!! I refuse to use B-spec and beyond that, I don't want to waste a calendar day.

I hopped in it and entered Extreme/GT All Stars as a championship and I'm running qualifying laps at High Speed Ring. My DB7 had something like 140 miles on the clock with 426 settings HP. It still has 426, but now with 440 miles. I probably have about 350 more miles to go before I drop a horse, but what the heck... Why not?

I don't know how much of a dropoff I'll need to be able to use N3s. If I can win at Autumn Ring with N2s I won't bother... But my test runs were pretty bad and I had a tough time with horrible understeer at that course.

Anyone got numbers for the Max HP for N3 tires for this race? I'd like to avoid buying a suspension, tranny, and/or LSD, but if you have settings for these I'd love to see them...

Edit: duh... Just saw your setup, shotamagee!!

Thanks in advance! Have A Great Drive!

RH

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm doing this...

In the hopes of extending my 200 point streak, I hopped in my DB7 and tested the lineups for the Aston Martin Carnival. I discovered that the third lineup (NA) offers 199 points with max ballast and N2 tires.

So what do I decide to do? Wear it down... In A-spec mode!!! I refuse to use B-spec and beyond that, I don't want to waste a calendar day.

I hopped in it and entered Extreme/GT All Stars as a championship and I'm running qualifying laps at High Speed Ring. My DB7 had something like 140 miles on the clock with 426 settings HP. It still has 426, but now with 440 miles. I probably have about 350 more miles to go before I drop a horse, but what the heck... Why not?

I don't know how much of a dropoff I'll need to be able to use N3s. If I can win at Autumn Ring with N2s I won't bother... But my test runs were pretty bad and I had a tough time with horrible understeer at that course.

Anyone got numbers for the Max HP for N3 tires for this race? I'd like to avoid buying a suspension, tranny, and/or LSD, but if you have settings for these I'd love to see them...

Edit: duh... Just saw your setup, shotamagee!!

Thanks in advance! Have A Great Drive!

RH

Yeah 199 is annoying, from memory I think I found that I'd have to do approx 750miles/1200km's to start to wear down the DB7.
Edit: Yup found the link.
I decided not to do any manual wearing down on my play through. But if I had, grabbing that DB7 to max out Grand Valley would be top of the to do list.

Last edited:
Right on, thanks shotamagee. The NA version has the first race at Fuji 90s, and lawnmowing the final chicane makes things trivial. GVE would definitely change things, as there isn't much benefit to corner cutting or wall riding there.

I'm hoping to avoid having to purchase a tranny and suspension, but we'll see how things go...

Yeah It's Fuji on PAL too, just a typo on my behalf, Annoying as I specifically remember doing Fuji with the DB7, but not the other two. I just rechecked my actual spreadsheet, so I've fixed my original post above. Thanks for roundaboutly bringing it to my attention. Also good luck with Autumn Ring, I had to fit S1's to clear that race.

In addition to the TVR races, I managed to get another 200 point sweep without wasting a day wearing out a car!!

The Mini races can be swept with a brand new Mini One vs lineup #6 (NA: One, Cooper, S, S, S). New York was by far the most difficult with Tokyo second hardest, but it can be done... With N3 tires, to boot!

Here were my mods:
N3/N3
146 Ballast @ -25
Nitro @ 100
Sp Suspension: Min Ride Height, 0.7/0.0 Camber
Full Custom Tranny @ Autoset 6
Racing Brakes
3ple Clutch
Racing Flywheel

For NY, it's critical to get in front of the leading S out of the final hairpin at the end of Lap 1. Blocking as much as you can from there helps save use of the bottle for later. It's also important, almost required, to crash-turn the left side of it to avoid having to brake into it. Stay on the inside of the 90 degree turns to set up pushing your opponents wide if they dare try to pass.

Crash-turning the first right at Tokyo, and wall-riding the looping right will make that race winnable. Wall riding the double left turn afterwards also helps tremendously. Crash-turning the final double right will allow you to keep your lead, and if you don't have it by then it's pretty much a fail.

I should have some uploads by the end of the weekend.

Have A Great Drive!
RH

Back