Online 'Change' petition - More Communication Please!

TB
His vision, not yours. His company, not yours. His timetable, not yours. Kind of like when my wife wants me to clean out the garage so she can actually park her car in it but instead I mow the lawn. The garage will get done, but on my schedule, not hers.
I'm not supposing in any way when I ask this.... but how would she react if she'd paid you to clean the garage out, so you started, boxed a few things up, made a face on the floor out of spare screws, broke the light switch and then went and mowed the lawn? :sly:

I'm not supposing in any way when I ask this.... but how would she react if she'd paid you to clean the garage out, so you started, boxed a few things up, made a face on the floor out of spare screws, broke the light switch and then went and mowed the lawn? :sly:

If she'd already asked and paid TB to do the same thing on at least 5 separate occasions over the years with very similar results, why would she expect a different outcome this time around? :sly:

I'm not signing. My main problem is this:

From the petition: "A large number of us purchased this product with the expectation that the pre-purchase advertised content would be included in the opening day release or shortly thereafter and said content has not yet been distributed."

How could anyone possibly think that? It was spelled out very clearly on the official GT6 page, well before December 6th, that many features would not be in the game at launch. There is also nothing whatsoever suggesting even a vague timeframe within which this content would become available. PD has broken no promises, because none were ever made.

To quote Kaz at the initial announcement last May: "I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life."

Also from the petition: "without any knowledge of the status of the feature timeline it has left us disgruntled and asking questions to which we do not get any answers."

PD would have to be insane to give a timeline for anything after the "January 1" fiasco concerning the RB events. Every delay would add up to a vortex of complaining that would eventually consume the universe.

Last edited:
I'm not signing. My main problem is this:

From the petition: "A large number of us purchased this product with the expectation that the pre-purchase advertised content would be included in the opening day release or shortly thereafter and said content has not yet been distributed."

How could anyone possibly think that? It was spelled out very clearly on the official GT6 page, well before December 6th, that many features would not be in the game at launch. There is also nothing whatsoever suggesting even a vague timeframe within which this content would become available. PD has broken no promises, because none were ever made.

To quote Kaz at the initial announcement last May: "I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life."

Also from the petition: "without any knowledge of the status of the feature timeline it has left us disgruntled and asking questions to which we do not get any answers."

PD would have to be insane to give a timeline for anything after the "January 1" fiasco concerning the RB events. Every delay would add up to a vortex of complaining that would eventually consume the universe.

Agreed. 👍

Some people don't realise that everything that is announced gets announced on their website. If that's not communication then I don't know what is.

let's see it through the eyes of a regular customer, just view the product specs on Amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CMJ1FIS/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

Product specifications (as shown on the site)_:

Having set the standard for the racing genre in the last 15 years, the fully refined physics engine will create the most authentic true-to-life driving experience across more than 1200 vehicles on 33 locations with 71 different layouts.

Features/Specifications
  • Largest Collection of Vehicles: More than 1200 cars on 33 locations with 71 different layouts
  • New Physics Engine: Creating the most authentic true-to-life driving experience based on a fully enhanced suspension, tire, and aerodynamics model
  • Course Maker: Create and customize your own race circuit on world renowned locations spanning several tens of square kilometers
  • Online Race Organizer: Form and manage your own communities & events from local, domestic to global
  • Mobile Device Compatibility: Extend your Gran Turismo experience anywhere through Smart Phone, Tablet or PC

##
Why do i have to look it up at the manufacturers site ?
I ordered AC4Blackflag too ... you don't hear me complain about that...

And yes I'm a huge Sony/Playstation/PD "fanboy" (euhm to old to be called a boy though)

Last edited:
let's see it through the eyes of a regular customer, just view the product specs on Amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CMJ1FIS/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

Product specifications (as shown on the site)_:

Having set the standard for the racing genre in the last 15 years, the fully refined physics engine will create the most authentic true-to-life driving experience across more than 1200 vehicles on 33 locations with 71 different layouts.

Features/Specifications
  • Largest Collection of Vehicles: More than 1200 cars on 33 locations with 71 different layouts
  • New Physics Engine: Creating the most authentic true-to-life driving experience based on a fully enhanced suspension, tire, and aerodynamics model
  • Course Maker: Create and customize your own race circuit on world renowned locations spanning several tens of square kilometers
  • Online Race Organizer: Form and manage your own communities & events from local, domestic to global
  • Mobile Device Compatibility: Extend your Gran Turismo experience anywhere through Smart Phone, Tablet or PC

##
Why do i have to look it up at the manufacturers site ?
I ordered AC4Blackflag too ... you don't hear me complain about that...

And yes I'm a huge Sony/Playstation/PD "fanboy" (euhm to old to be called a boy though)

Then the issue is not with PD/Sony but Amazon for false advertising.

TB
His vision, not yours. His company, not yours. His timetable, not yours. Kind of like when my wife wants me to clean out the garage so she can actually park her car in it but instead I mow the lawn. The garage will get done, but on my schedule, not hers.

So you're saying that he's within his rights to completely ignore his (rapidly dwindling) client base? The very people responsible for his company being in existence in the first place? Not very good business practice, imo...

Your point actually proofs why they should talk to us customers.
Wouldn´t it be nice to tell your wife when you gonna do this? Like next week, next month or never? Your family business is yours. But the foundation of a good relationship is communication. Same with PD and its customers.

Exactly right. A bit of compromise, co-operation & communication wouldn't hurt.

Then the issue is not with PD/Sony but Amazon for false advertising.

You think so? I think they communicate what PD/Sony tells them to communicate ...

just a month before release:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-game-details-revealed-final-trailer-debuted/

Why wouldn't you? And anyone on GTPlanet should have known what the deal was anyway.

I know ... I did ... (guilty as charged) ... but we're talking generally ... and regular users ...
also promises made before release ... which were not kept and 3 months later still are not met ...
They didn't even make mistakes of this size during GT5 launch ...

Last edited:
You think so? I think they communicate what PD/Sony tells them to communicate ...

just a month before release:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-game-details-revealed-final-trailer-debuted/

Yes and I quote from that article:

The technical innovation in the game also extends to hugely ground-breaking technology that will see in future updates a new game feature known as ‘GPS Logger’. The GPS Logger will employ the GPS function of your phone or tablet and Gran Turismo’s in-game Course Maker to recreate your everyday school run or work commute as a circuit – the trip to college or work will never be the same!

And Kazunori is quoted in the article:

"With GT6 we will make it even more flexible and expandable by continuing to develop and add new content throughout its life.”

Yes and I quote from that article:
And Kazunori is quoted in the article:

You are right ! my mistake ... other example: http://i.imgur.com/fI0R6Kg.jpg

with little text below it ... i know .... don't promise me what i don't get on release date

so its like ..." yes you can have all this" ... somewhere next year .... but first pay 80 euro ... and when the game is complete ... its only 25 euro .... makes sense huh?

communicate more open & honest PD ... that's my message ...

Last edited:
You are right ! my mistake ... other example: http://i.imgur.com/fI0R6Kg.jpg

with little text below it ... i know .... don't promise me what i don't get on release date

so its like ..." yes you can have all this" ... somewhere next year .... but first pay 80 euro ... and when the game is complete ... its only 25 euro .... makes sense huh?

A month before release is plenty of time to cancel your pre-order if you're not happy with not receiving a feature at release.

It's not like they released the game unfinished first then said "Oh, we're sorry we couldn't finish the course maker in time, but it'll come in a future update."

Advance warning of unfinished features is still advance warning.

A month before release is plenty of time to cancel your pre-order if you're not happy with not receiving a feature at release.

It's not like they released the game unfinished first then said "Oh, we're sorry we couldn't finish the course maker in time, but it'll come in a future update."

Advance warning of unfinished features is still advance warning.

this is what i read before pre-ordering :
http://www.ign.com/wikis/gran-turismo-6/Confirmed_Features

but nevermind ... i get your point ... (let's agree to disagree) :cheers:

Last edited:
If PD say they'll release an update on a certain day and then can't for whatever reason (legitimate or not) people would go ballistic. "You said this!" "You said that!" "Where's our update?" "Why did you lie to us?"...They're getting this anyway so what's the point?

Personally i'd rather just wait and get updates when PD decide to release them. What could they tell us that we don't already know? They're working on it. I admit it'd be nice to know what they are doing but i don't think it's needed.

Either way if you guys sign it or not, I bet everyone would like some extra communication. It's only obvious from the numerous negative posts. I know I would. Not like it would cost the company much money.

If PD say they'll release an update on a certain day and then can't for whatever reason (legitimate or not) people would go ballistic. "You said this!" "You said that!" "Where's our update?" "Why did you lie to us?"...They're getting this anyway so what's the point?

Personally i'd rather just wait and get updates when PD decide to release them. What could they tell us that we don't already know? They're working on it. I admit it'd be nice to know what they are doing but i don't think it's needed.

Atleast throw us a bone, we don't need Dates we need Communication like.. Hey guys, were working on this, and you should expect these things in the next patch.

Or hey guys, look forward too the next update containing the Senna content and B-spec. etc. etc. etc.

It really isnt that hard to convey a bit of information, hell even an intern could do it.

Atleast throw us a bone, we don't need Dates we need Communication like.. Hey guys, were working on this, and you should expect these things in the next patch.

Or hey guys, look forward too the next update containing the Senna content and B-spec. etc. etc. etc.
*to

Personally i don't need to know what exactly they are working on. They MUST be working on something. GT6 clearly won't be left in the state it is in forever. They said content like the track creator and community features will be released and i believe them. Would i have liked it sooner? Yes, of course, but such is life.

Last edited:
You must have a sad life if you lurk around correcting peoples grammar and spelling.
I don't go around correcting peoples grammar and spelling but since you quoted my post i felt it was somewhat directed at me and necessary to do so. "Too" is the same as "as well". Know you know. As for my life it is anything but sad thank you.

*to

Personally i don't need to know what exactly they are working on. They MUST be working on something. GT6 clearly won't be left in the state it is in forever. They said content like the track creator and community features will be released and i believe them. Would i have liked it sooner? Yes, of course, but such is life.
I not "i"...:lol:

Back