Online 'Change' petition - More Communication Please!

If PD say they'll release an update on a certain day and then can't for whatever reason (legitimate or not) people would go ballistic. "You said this!" "You said that!" "Where's our update?" "Why did you lie to us?"...They're getting this anyway so what's the point?

Personally i'd rather just wait and get updates when PD decide to release them. What could they tell us that we don't already know? They're working on it. I admit it'd be nice to know what they are doing but i don't think it's needed.

Well, maybe just my opinion...
Surely they work on something, at least they still do a lot promoting stuff at racceevents... Wasted resources maybe(?)
To me it's ok if they say "XY will be released around mid of <month>", gives a space of about 2 or 3 weaks, should be doable I guess. And also if they can't and say, "sorry delayed due technical issues" seems fine to me.
Also as now "someday in february" makes enough people to rage, cause the update is not here by now, about 26hours left of Feb... So no matter what you say about timerange, people will always crying for.
I'm knowing people that've been told, their request will be done during the next four weeks - a few days after requesting they kinda rage, cause "it takes too long".

But PD/KAZ said, they will bring a huge soundpatch - so I'm wondering, why they don't bring up some teasing stuff?
So people see, they work and would be less p****ed than they are now, and also they get some direct feedback on early status of work.
They way PD had choosen seems the following:
work, release and customer have to accept - no matter what they think about.
Like back in GT5 with that absolutly insane fast tyrewear, took ages to fix, and the "fix" was just the step back to it's before. awesome.

I'm not signing. My main problem is this:

From the petition: "A large number of us purchased this product with the expectation that the pre-purchase advertised content would be included in the opening day release or shortly thereafter and said content has not yet been distributed."

How could anyone possibly think that? It was spelled out very clearly on the official GT6 page, well before December 6th, that many features would not be in the game at launch. There is also nothing whatsoever suggesting even a vague timeframe within which this content would become available. PD has broken no promises, because none were ever made.

As Squanto has already pointed out and from the picture listed on the petition a lot of people (including me) read the pre-purchase lists from third party websites (amazon, etc.) and partly based their decision to purchase the product based on that information. That information was provided to Amazon by Sony/PD they didn't write it themselves. I confirmed this with Amazon. The advanced course maker, for me at least, was the main reason to pre-purchase the product so to say I was disappointed on day 1 was an understatement. I did not check the GT6 website prior to launch because I saw the advertisements for that feature and trailer videos elsewhere and did not feel the need to.

Regardless of the day 1 and current content the main point of the petition is to garnish more information from PD about their product. Whether or not you are happy with the current product or not I believe a lot of people would be appreciative of more communication, hence why it was written and submitted.

Signed... I'm glad someone actually tried this, even though it's only a drop in the bucket of what they have... Maybe if someone puts it on the GT website forum or tweets Kaz, we might get a slight, slight notice...
Seconded. Any official forum of Sony or GT should have this posted. I'm not a member of any such forum's.

TB
His vision, not yours. His company, not yours. His timetable, not yours. Kind of like when my wife wants me to clean out the garage so she can actually park her car in it but instead I mow the lawn. The garage will get done, but on my schedule, not hers.
Did you get divorce papers yet?

Yea but 80% of the features on the back of the games box, Are not in the game... So, I haven't received my Full product.

You know... B-spec, Community Features, Course Creator, Race settings in arcade...a slew of other features omitted because KAZ was busy fiddling with his "VISION"

I have three copies of GT6, in two versions. The one which gave me some Anniversary cars and Cr 1 million, and the actual Anniversary Edition.

Neither box says anything about "B-spec, Community Features, Course Creator, Race settings in arcade...a slew of other features..."

The only thing mentioned on the box that I've noticed is missing is "seizures". Maybe that's why I can't see these items which are on your box. I need a seizure or two to help me! (Just kidding!!)

Wouldn´t it be nice to tell your wife when you gonna do this? Like next week, next month or never? Your family business is yours. But the foundation of a good relationship is communication. Same with PD and its customers.
So you're saying that he's within his rights to completely ignore his (rapidly dwindling) client base? The very people responsible for his company being in existence in the first place? Not very good business practice, imo...
Again, it might be nice, but it certainly isn't a requirement.

If KY wants to run PD into the ground, that's his call. A bad call to be sure, but his to make.
how would she react if she'd paid you to clean the garage out, so you started, boxed a few things up, made a face on the floor out of spare screws, broke the light switch and then went and mowed the lawn? :sly:
She was told the garage would be cleaned. There was mention of other things being done but there was no timeline involved and there was nothing said about not making a mess of things before I was distracted with a different project. Sound at least a little familiar? :dopey:

And also this:
If she'd already asked and paid TB to do the same thing on at least 5 separate occasions over the years with very similar results, why would she expect a different outcome this time around? :sly:
Not that I've ever done that, of course. *whistles innocently*
Did you get divorce papers yet?
Fifteen years and she's still putting up with me. Sorry to disappoint you.

I have three copies of GT6, in two versions. The one which gave me some Anniversary cars and Cr 1 million, and the actual Anniversary Edition.

Neither box says anything about "B-spec, Community Features, Course Creator, Race settings in arcade...a slew of other features..."

The only thing mentioned on the box that I've noticed is missing is "seizures". Maybe that's why I can't see these items which are on your box. I need a seizure or two to help me! (Just kidding!!)
You are correct. Inside the manual there is mention of community features but that is it. I was starting to wonder if I had a different version of the game!

Creating a petition as we speak. I know PD doesn't have any public email, does anyone know of one or a higher up at SCEA that can be listed? I realize it will not do much good but it will do absolutely nothing if nobody sees it. A shot in the dark is better than none at all I guess...

https://www.change.org/petitions/polyphony-digital-communication-regarding-gt6-content

I don't agree with this petition, so this is the only place to explain my reasons. The key reason is that I got what they said I'd get.

The link in the petition takes me to http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/

On that page I see a list of items which are described with words such as "This feature will be added in a future update." None of them have any dates for delivery.

Above that, there is stuff which is said to be in the initial Edition for December 2013. The only thing I might argue is missing is what they describe as "a realistic SLR camera ". I have three SLR cameras and none of them forget any settings when I put them down. Drives me crazy, and even though I have taken over 1,000 photos with it, and cursed the silly thing in every photo session, it hasn't driven me crazy enough to create a petition for a realistic camera. It might still do that, but meanwhile, I have defined what I'm looking for in the Suggestion box. That seems to be more constructive than any petition I might set up.

As far as I can tell, what I have in GT6 on my PS3 includes everything they said would be there. (Apart from the camera).

As for stuff in a "future update", well, if they play this right, I'll still be enjoying GT6 in maybe 4 years time. That's my hope. Kaz's plan for evolving GT6 over time is great for me. I like long-term relationships with games. So there's no extraordinary hurry. And there is one more day in February where I am.

You are correct. Inside the manual there is mention of community features but that is it. I was starting to wonder if I had a different version of the game!

You got a manual? The versions I have rely on the online one. Which is fine by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with this petition, so this is the only place to explain my reasons. The key reason is that I got what they said I'd get.

The link in the petition takes me to http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/

On that page I see a list of items which are described with words such as "This feature will be added in a future update." None of them have any dates for delivery.

Above that, there is stuff which is said to be in the initial Edition for December 2013. The only thing I might argue is missing is what they describe as "a realistic SLR camera ". I have three SLR cameras and none of them forget any settings when I put them down. Drives me crazy, and even though I have taken over 1,000 photos with it, and cursed the silly thing in every photo session, it hasn't driven me crazy enough to create a petition for a realistic camera. It might still do that, but meanwhile, I have defined what I'm looking for in the Suggestion box. That seems to be more constructive than any petition I might set up.

As far as I can tell, what I have in GT6 on my PS3 includes everything they said would be there. (Apart from the camera).

As for stuff in a "future update", well, if they play this right, I'll still be enjoying GT6 in maybe 4 years time. That's my hope. Kaz's plan for evolving GT6 over time is great for me. I like long-term relationships with games. So there's no extraordinary hurry. And there is one more day in February where I am.
^^THIS^^

Thank you @TB. I assume you tidied that up. My phone had a moment!

@GBO Possum Yeah but it's only about 4 pages long. Bit of a waste of paper if you ask me. First time I've looked in it was shortly after your post about the back of the box.

Last edited:
The petition is fine not that they will read it knowing the way pd do things but just fix the online problems/bugs that's all i want at the moment i play 99% of my gt life online and with all the bugs i haven't had the heart to play it at all for several weeks now it's such a problem

You are correct about the link and what it lists. Did you also see the picture on the petition and my previous post in this topic located here? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/online-petition.304096/page-3#post-9397554

Also, the main point of the petition, as pointed out in the last line of it, was not to complain about the content we do not currently have, it was to garnish communication from PD about the timeline of said content. If that is of no interest to you whatsoever then you were correct in not signing it.

You are correct about the link and what it lists. Did you also see the picture on the petition and my previous post in this topic located here? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/online-petition.304096/page-3#post-9397554

Also, the main point of the petition, as pointed out in the last line of it, was not to complain about the content we do not currently have, it was to garnish communication from PD about the timeline of said content. If that is of no interest to you whatsoever then you were correct in not signing it.

Here is what I don't understand about this premise of the petition.

"A large number of us purchased this product with the expectation that the pre-purchase advertised content would be included in the opening day release or shortly thereafter and said content has not yet been distributed."

The reality is that the "pre-purchase advertised content" was included in "the opening day release" and not "shortly thereafter". So they exceeded everyone's expectations. Everything was delivered on time.

Or do you include the future functionality (which is clearly advertised as being future functionality, and which you have not paid for) in your expectation of being available "shortly thereafter". If it is your expectation that these future functions would be delivered "shortly thereafter", then I wonder what that expectation is based upon. This is not a commitment made on the product description page.

The reason that these functions are defined as "future" is to legally differentiate them from the base product. It's a legal requirement in many countries to clearly state what is included and excluded from a product offering. (Google "sarbanes oxley revenue recognition criteria"). Had they said that the future functions were part of the base product, then, in many countries, the parent company could not recognize the revenue of the base product until all the components had been delivered. This is because if they fail to deliver parts of the advertised future functionality, there is a risk that customers could demand at least partial refunds.

That of course, does not preclude the option of providing the future functions via free DLC, but they clearly retain the option to charge for these functions. If past history is a guide, we can look forward to some gifts in our "Notifications" page. However, we should not be presumptuous and either demand or feel entitled to future DLC as a gift rather than having to pay for it.

Here is my prediction about what will happen in each of these future scenarios.

If the DLC is free, there will be those who will complain that "see, we told you that GT6 was incomplete and this should have been part of the 1.00 release".

If the DLC has a price on it, the reaction will be "but we already paid for this".

Neither of these statements are true of course, but given a strong sense of entitlement, anyone can believe anything they desire to be true.

Bottom line is that GT6 provided everything that http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/ said it would.

EDIT: Oh, and as for expecting that PD should provide dates for future DLC, then maybe they will. Just closer to the actual availability date. Predicting software project completion dates with any accuracy is s skill still beyond human capability. Usually dates are met by reducing scope. Look at FM5 as an example. Personally, I would be really annoyed if PD were to be pushed into providing firm dates and then found they had to reduce the scope to meet the date.

Last edited:
Did you read that post I listed above or review the picture...I don't understand?

Also, my goal was not for them to provide actual dates I know that's near impossible I used to work for a healthcare hardware/software company. The goal is regular communication from them about the updates, which they can provide, if they choose to. They currently don't, the point is to change that.

"from the picture listed on the petition a lot of people (including me) read the pre-purchase lists from third party websites (amazon, etc.) and partly based their decision to purchase the product based on that information. That information was provided to Amazon by Sony/PD they didn't write it themselves.I confirmed this with Amazon. The advanced course maker, for me at least, was the main reason to pre-purchase the product"

@Th3Juggernaut - You have a point.

I, too, was excited about the new course maker. I still am. The excitement for me came from the concept of making a course from a GPS log of my own capturing, not the "world renowned locations". I don't live in one of those! However, my impression from whatever it was that I read online, was that this was a plan for future functionality, not part of the base product, and that it would take many months to emerge.

While I did make my purchase by pre-order on Amazon, I don't think I read their description too closely. I thought I'd be racing now and designing courses later.

Now that I read this again, I don't know what any of the last three bullet points actually means. They are kind of vague when compared to the first two.
  • More than 1200 cars on 33 locations with 71 different layouts
  • Creating the most authentic true-to-life driving experience based on a fully enhanced suspension, tire, and aerodynamics model
  • Create and customize your own race circuit on world renowned locations spanning several tens of square kilometers
  • Form and manage your own communities & events from local, domestic to global
  • Extend your Gran Turismo experience anywhere through Smart Phone, Tablet or PC
The wording on Amazon.com certainly muddies the waters. It's still there.

What did Amazon say to you when you pointed out the content of the description? Did they commit to getting back to whoever provided it?

Oh.
---
@Th3Juggernaut, is there a certain goal to reach for the petition?

Yes, updated regular communication from PD regarding their products. If you're referring to a signature count, no, I didn't have a certain number in mind it makes you enter something though.

What did Amazon say to you when you pointed out the content of the description? Did they commit to getting back to whoever provided it?

All I wanted them to confirm was that the description listed in the petition picture from their website was provided to them from Sony/PD and was not of their own doing. They confirmed that and that's all they could offer me. I didn't expect much else I figured I was lucky to get that.

You do realize PD is not contractualy obligated to do anything right? When you purchase a "game" you are not gaining ownership of the game/software instead you are purchaseing a license to USE it. Read your EULA. End User Lisence Agreement. Does it make the company seem like Dbags? Most definitaly. But from a legal standpoint our hands are tied.

Last edited:
Back