Online 'Change' petition - More Communication Please!

Whats the point of a petition? Just use your right as a consumer when a company brings out a bad product ,dont buy anything from them ,when you hit them hard in the pocket you will find companys change ,my advice is to put GT6 down and dont bother buying DLC or better yet go buy an Xbox and try forza at least it works

You do realize PD is not contractualy obligated to do anything right? When you purchase a "game" you are not gaining ownership of the game/software instead you are purchaseing a license to USE it. Read your EULA. End User Lisence Agreement. Does it make the company seem like Dbags? Most definitaly. But from a legal standpoint our hands are tied.

Of course I realize. I'm not obligated to hold the door for my neighbor or feed a homeless animal but I do it anyways because I'm generally interested in what's morally right and treating others with respect. I would rather attempt something like this with .001% chance of succeeding than sit by and do nothing, not much good ever came from doing that.

Whats the point of a petition? Just use your right as a consumer when a company brings out a bad product ,dont buy anything from them ,when you hit them hard in the pocket you will find companys change ,my advice is to put GT6 down and dont bother buying DLC or better yet go buy an Xbox and try forza at least it works

At this point I don't plan on giving them any more of my money. The point of the petition is the same as the others you will find on the change homepage that have achieved success and changed lives/situations for the better. Change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you read that post I listed above or review the picture...I don't understand?

Also, my goal was not for them to provide actual dates I know that's near impossible I used to work for a healthcare hardware/software company. The goal is regular communication from them about the updates, which they can provide, if they choose to. They currently don't, the point is to change that.

"from the picture listed on the petition a lot of people (including me) read the pre-purchase lists from third party websites (amazon, etc.) and partly based their decision to purchase the product based on that information. That information was provided to Amazon by Sony/PD they didn't write it themselves.I confirmed this with Amazon. The advanced course maker, for me at least, was the main reason to pre-purchase the product"

Why are you so sure Amazon are telling the truth? No company admits culpability when there's another one to shift the blame to. Lawsuits are much more expensive than lies, pretty much all big companies follow that principle.

That is true, I have no hard evidence they are telling me the truth.

a) I went by what I saw and the information I was provided, that's all I can do.
b) Regardless, that still has to do with actual content which was only a reference point not the main goal of the petition which is communication.
c) I didn't create it with the intent of forever defending it so this will be the last time I answer questions on it. If you're interested in signing it please do, if not, no hard feelings.

Do pd really think that we will go out and buy GT7 after the poor stuff in GT6, why are they putting next to no effort into this.

GT has gone right downhill imo.

That is true, I have no hard evidence they are telling me the truth.

a) I went by what I saw and the information I was provided, that's all I can do.
b) Regardless, that still has to do with actual content which was only a reference point not the main goal of the petition which is communication.
c) I didn't create it with the intent of forever defending it so this will be the last time I answer questions on it. If you're interested in signing it please do, if not, no hard feelings.

I wasn't intending for you to defend your position, sorry, just pointing out that all parties are guilty of something. At least two are guilty of expectations that are too high (justified on the part of fans, not so much PD). I won't sign, because I feel PD are more communicative than a few, and more honest than most (goals as opposed to hard deadlines that can't be met), but I respect your viewpoint. It'd be welcomed on my part if they did communicate more, and I'll definitely sign if the communication is more of the same (and you do this again) during GT7's life. :)👍

He's already bought the game and so have most everyone else here so not buying the game will have no effect and putting it down won't have any effect either. What's left is organizing a group of like-minded consumers to deliver a single, consistent message of concerns.

He's already bought the game and so have most everyone else here so not buying the game will have no effect and putting it down won't have any effect either. What's left is organizing a group of like-minded consumers to deliver a single, consistent message of concerns.

But you or nobody else has bought the DLC ,but if you do ,your saying to every game designer ,its ok to produce half finished games then add to them 6 months later ,or to put it another way your paying them to fix the game

Go make as many protest groups as you like ,PD or Sony wont care ,for them thats interest in their product ,while they charge you twice for the same product LOL

P.s GT6 is now half price its been out 3 months ........thats how bad it is

People here actually think that the Government of Japan will step in and tell PD to communicate with the people? :lol: Good luck with that.

Here's an idea, if you were told that features will come later; why not just wait until later to buy it the product?? Makes sense right? We knew this in the beginning but still bought it. It just shows how stupid people are for buying it, then complaining about it.

As for me, I could care less about communication from PD, we have all the core features in the game so I'm not going to cry about extra features (advertised or not). It comes when it comes, they don't owe us anything. People are going on like it's their first GT game [on the PS3].

As for me, I could care less about communication from PD, we have all the core features in the game so I'm not going to cry about extra features (advertised or not). It comes when it comes, they don't owe us anything. People are going on like it's their first GT game [on the PS3].
Actually they do owe us everything they promised before the game was release, and most of it was included content. If grand features are promised we have a right to expect them in a reasonable amount of time, reasonable being very subjective, but going into the fourth month of release I think most people would deem it quite reasonable to have at least one of those major features by now, along with the promised monthly track DLC they have also yet to deliver on.

I signed the petition and believe that something needs to happen soon or many of us may stop playing the game and put it away......I will no even do my log in anymore as the seasonals we are being given are just time trials that are just getting old. Some of the cars are ones I don't even want to own.....

Actually they do owe us everything they promised before the game was release, and most of it was included content. If grand features are promised we have a right to expect them in a reasonable amount of time, reasonable being very subjective, but going into the fourth month of release I think most people would deem it quite reasonable to have at least one of those major features by now, along with the promised monthly track DLC they have also yet to deliver on.

At the end of the day, you knew things would be late but still bought it. You put yourself in their hands, and now you are at their mercy (sorry for the dramatics but you get the jist, and I'm not speaking of you specifically).

As for reasonable time frames, most would consider from 6 months to 1 year a reasonable time; not 3 months. Just because some people are impatient or don't have much else to do (not to offend or be rude), doesn't make this time frame unacceptable.

Let's not all go killing ourselves just yet, remember, its a game - in which ALL core features are there!

I signed the petition and believe that something needs to happen soon or many of us may stop playing the game and put it away......I will no even do my log in anymore as the seasonals we are being given are just time trials that are just getting old. Some of the cars are ones I don't even want to own.....

But what do you think is going to happen? Do you know what these petitions are for? It's for governments to come in and take action. So like I said before, I'm certain that the Japanese Government won't step in and tell some one/people how to handle their business.

Just because a few companies communicate extensively, doesn't make it the norm!

I think most of the backers are old users of GT,
I never complained about the content of GT1-2-3-4-5.
Yes i wasn't so happy with Bspec but there was enough else to do...
GT5 ís still challenging me to get Platinum after 3 years...
But GT6 bored me after two weeks already... so I get back to GT5 daily.
And also the number of my posts here on GTPlanet multiplied since last christmas ... Where in the past I was just an occassional visitor...
So maybe... Just maybe... The 'complaining' spoiled GT fans who support this petition have a point?
We are great fans of the series.. I myself since the demos before the release of GT1... Over 15 years ago...
And supported the series through every release...
Do you really think we're so far from the truth... Please try to understand what we are saying...
Seems that every initiative has to be disrespected... We don't try to convince others... We're giving an opportunity to the "same-minded"
If you don't agree, we respect that, please go and enjoy the game, we just try to unite the ones with the same opinion.
And our only goal ís to improve a great game...
Thanks @Th3Juggernaut for giving us the petition...
I hope it makes a difference...
And don't forget I still see great potential for GT6... But they just need to know that this ís an unfair way to treat your most loyal fans.
This ís the first game in the series that ís full price for less features...
And its already half the price after three months ... While we wait to get the content they promised us....

:gtpflag:Just a Sony/PlayStation/GT/PD fanboy...

Last edited:
Thank you Squanto for a excellent post that truly sums up how I feel..... by the way, enough people who played the Mass Effect series who were unhappy with the way ME 3 ended got them to come up with a different ending....granted it was still not the best solution but it was a bit better than it originally was....that was done by fans sticking together and voicing their unhappiness....it's all some of us want from GT......

So I made that thread in the official GT forum, and it got closed....

I'm going to make another thread...

Edit- this is the link...
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Please-read-my-plea/td-p/43043879

All you have to do to sign in, is enter your sign-in information that you have saved when you sign-in on your PS3. I got my last thread closed due to spam, so if you can post some noteworthy replies, it will probably keep it up..

Here's the PM (not) I was sent..

Edit 2- I guess you can't post images here...

Last edited:
So I made that thread in the official GT forum, and it got closed....

I'm going to make another thread...

I was there just a minute ago and left a response.....hope those in that community will at least give it a look.....

Creating a petition as we speak. I know PD doesn't have any public email, does anyone know of one or a higher up at SCEA that can be listed? I realize it will not do much good but it will do absolutely nothing if nobody sees it. A shot in the dark is better than none at all I guess...

https://www.change.org/petitions/polyphony-digital-communication-regarding-gt6-content

Thank you very much for this initiative. I have signed/commented it immediately and I hope that more forum members will do so too. I will try to communicate this to the maximum extent, as there are still some signatures needed....

TB
His vision, not yours. His company, not yours. His timetable, not yours. Kind of like when my wife wants me to clean out the garage so she can actually park her car in it but instead I mow the lawn. The garage will get done, but on my schedule, not hers.

So you are agree with how PD and Kaz Work ?? there is no problem for you ???

Do you know what these petitions are for? It's for governments to come in and take action. So like I said before, I'm certain that the Japanese Government won't step in and tell some one/people how to handle their business.

Where on earth did you get this idea? Did you read the petition or visit the change.org website? We are not petitioning any government to do anything. If you follow the change and care2 websites (which I have for years) you will see most of the victorious petitions created by people are not directed to nor have anything to do with federal governments. I can't speak for Canada but here in the US the federal government has its own independent petition system with no relation to change or care2.

Anyway...

Thanks to all who have supported the petition so far and recognized the need for change. We still really need an official Sony/SCEA or PD email so each signature has direct impact, please post up if you come across one.

I can cope with disappointment but I would love it to be in the form of a line of text *coughtwittercough*from PD that says something like "hey bro's, muchos apologeticos but some features won't be included on release day, yep it's our bad but they will be coming and we will keep you informed".

Do that, if a tad more professionally, and it saves the rest of us throwing our hands in the air a little less and we keep our hair :sly:

Indeed HP, if they do communicate, I sincerely hope they don't do it like a mock gangster. Still maybe by the time PD do give us the upgrades they have committed to I'll not care if Kaz announces it in a Hervé Villechaize voice while wearing a silk kimono....

My take on this is that all PD have to do is put a statement of "Development" or "Beta" or something that lets us know if it's 10% completed, 50% completed, getting bugs out (and I KNOW that can take a LOT of time, so I'm not upset with them stating something like "unforeseen complications"), or anything that they can on the main GT6 website.

This time in history is ripe with people programming. We all understand that it is a deeply complex, extremely involved process. It's not an insult to say that there are unforeseen problems. BUT it is also a time of EXTREME communication. Even if it's just "we are working on this" I will be happy.

I'm not griping about what is or isn't in game. I have owned every game (and still do) since 1. I just KNOW that A word will make all the difference. Look at how many sighs of relief were had when Jordan stated that the update will be out sometime next week. Two small sentences. That's all we need.

Oh, and by the way, signed. Not because we "didn't get what was advertised". I don't care about advertising. It's COMPLETELY based on lies..... I just want A word.

Yes well written and well done, what a discrace

I swear some people complain for the sake of complaining.
I swear some people complain just for the sake of complaining ;)

Your point actually proofs why they should talk to us customers.

Wouldn´t it be nice to tell your wife when you gonna do this? Like next week, next month or never? Your family business is yours. But the foundation of a good relationship is communication. Same with PD and its customers.

Honestly dont see how your lack of tydiness and patriarchal position has anything whatsoever in common with a product that is incomplete as advertised.
Jeez

all the missing parts were only delayed 4DAYS before release.. I pre ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are agree with how PD and Kaz Work ??
I thought I made my stance pretty clear:
TB
If KY wants to run PD into the ground, that's his call. A bad call to be sure, but his to make.
there is no problem for you ???
Due to having a... not fully up to speed PS3, I haven't even had GT6 on in months. Regardless, if I had, I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER sit around waiting for an update for any game ever to be pushed out. If I don't get them for four days, two weeks, whatever, I don't care. I have a lot better things to worry about than an electronic time filler.

That's not to say I don't understand why a lot of people are upset, but I've never understood the "give it to me now because I deserve it" mentality. Especially after having gone through this before with the last GT releases. I just expect delays so when they inevitably show up, I'm not the least bit surprised or bothered about it.

Where on earth did you get this idea? Did you read the petition or visit the change.org website? We are not petitioning any government to do anything. If you follow the change and care2 websites (which I have for years) you will see most of the victorious petitions created by people are not directed to nor have anything to do with federal governments. I can't speak for Canada but here in the US the federal government has its own independent petition system with no relation to change or care2.

Anyway...

Thanks to all who have supported the petition so far and recognized the need for change. We still really need an official Sony/SCEA or PD email so each signature has direct impact, please post up if you come across one.

Could be localized content but here in Canada, when I visit the site - which I do somewhat often - I mainly see Government level changes/petitions. I'm sure it's the exact same site just localized with Canadian content on the front.

In return, who do you think will enforce the change? Serious question here. It's highly unlikely that a company, any company, will change something or enforce something just because their customers say so.

With that said, I'm all for supporting the idea but this isn't the way to go about it. Think about it for a second, they must have reasons on why things are late. Would people here rather a forced/quick update or a finalized complete update? I'm leaning more toward the finalized one, an update that doesn't need update. So while I think they're taking long with producing with no communication, I still would rather be in the dark and let them do what they need to do to get a quality update out.

I am not however in favor of forcing companies to be direct with their customers. It's their choice, not ours and it's our choice to fall into their hands or not [any company].

I really enjoy GT6 and enjoyed GT5, but as someone who only entered the world of GT in GT5 (so not part of old PD traditions as many here are), as a console exclusive game, I was expecting a bit more sophistication and polish, as I found in the original Forza and PGR on the old XBox, and on MGS4 in PS3.

I think we all can agree to disagree....it would just be nice to have some kind of official statement that let's us know what is going on and when we can expect to see in the near future......I know with other games there was at least a little more communication between the company and game fans.....

In return, who do you think will enforce the change? Serious question here. It's highly unlikely that a company, any company, will change something or enforce something just because their customers say so.

With that said, I'm all for supporting the idea but this isn't the way to go about it. Think about it for a second, they must have reasons on why things are late. Would people here rather a forced/quick update or a finalized complete update? I'm leaning more toward the finalized one, an update that doesn't need update. So while I think they're taking long with producing with no communication, I still would rather be in the dark and let them do what they need to do to get a quality update out.

I am not however in favor of forcing companies to be direct with their customers. It's their choice, not ours and it's our choice to fall into their hands or not [any company].

No one should 'enforce' the change, it should come willingly. The petition is a respectful request they alter their business practices and do more to keep their customers in the loop. I don't agree with you on the change idea. Sure companies don't have to do that but if they want to continue to be successful they will. I believe this is now happening with PD and they starting to 'hit the wall' so to speak. Judging by the 'time in point' sales data vs. previous editions and the amount of unhappy customers their practices are catching up with them. As TB stated they certainly have the right to sink their own ship but asking them to change and alter that course certainly isn't a crime. Let me say I worked in a project management role for a period and when you have a customer facing role it's extraordinarily important to the health of the project and future business to be communicative with your clients. I disliked having weekly updates and status calls but I realized the importance of it pretty quickly and what happens when you don't. Now I know what it's like being on the other side of the fence and sitting idly by wondering what's going on.

As for the idea of the petition, certainly if you have another way you would rather attempt to influence them then by all means explore it. I would rather have a finalized complete update but that has nothing to do with the communication of the progress. PR/Marketing is a separate division and producing communication on updates should have absolutely nothing to do with the team physically working on them. If you would rather be in the dark about it that's your choice but it seems there are plenty of people that would appreciate the opposite.

I have a feeling that the stress levels at PD getting this next update ready were getting pretty astronomical. Let's give them a break for a couple of days, then see if this next update is going to satisfy more people than less.

Enjoy!

Back