Online Events Renewal - Thursday, 29th January

• Thread starter amar212
  • 142 comments
Well, this will be the first time for racing Eiger online, for me. Other than that, I'm pretty disappointed. I was hoping to see some non-PP based races, like a return of the GTR/F430/Z06 event, or something similar.

Looks like a nice set of events!
Eiger 550PP FWD is cool, that track hasnt been in for a while. Even though its gonna be a b**** to overtake (fair), i dig it!
20 laps at suzuka, id prefer 10 myself. Im getting tired after 10 laps (using g25 at strenght 5).
London Compact Cars? I'm in.

Well no world event in Pro again. But mayby some of you PAL guys can pop in INT Daytona from time to time.

Eiger....great news!!!!!

.....I can't wait, but its been a long time coming on expert becuase you just know it is going to be the worst punt show ever!!

550PP FWD Eiger North 👍
550PP RWD Daytona Road 👍
600PP AWD Suzuka 👍👍👍!!!
650PP Fuji F 👍
F2007 Suzuka 👍

No World Event yet...Im thinkng seriously about the theory of the relation existing between RBE and World Event 💡

What do you mean? There is no RBE in any of the expert events AFAIK.

That's what he's saying..... no RBE and no world event without RBE. He's wondering if the " no RBE" is a problem in the world events since there has never been an no RBE/ world event.:indiff:

the idiot who came up with 550PP RWD Daytona Road should be shot. it favors power to driveability.

Do you think the real Daytona favors handling over power? ;) I think you will still need a healthy dose of both, to win against the fast guys.

Interesting. In a way, I like that they kept the PP the same for the drivetrain layouts. Lets you keep the cars you tuned. Just have to make some adjustments for the different track.

I think the EVO will have a better chance now, at Suzuka. Suby, Evo battle will be interesting there.

Until I get a wheel, I will not be running the F1 car at Suzi on line.

This is becoming absolutely ridiculous...what ever happened to the 750 class PD??? It sure would be nice to take some of the seemingly forgotten tuned monsters for a spin again (GTLM, Amuse S2K, tuned vette, tuned viper etc.) The 750 suzuka event was probably the most competitive and popular event I have taken part in so far...too bad those days are long over though. Im getting tired of racing the same old crap with a lilittle twist thrown in. The past few updates have seen the 550-650 cars beaten to death....talk about boring. :nervous: I mean was a 550 AND 650 event really necessary at Suzuka in the previous update? If you had any sense you would have at least made the disparity in PP larger, by having a 550 and 750 class.

Last edited:
Eiger....great news!!!!!

.....I can't wait, but its been a long time coming on expert becuase you just know it is going to be the worst punt show ever!!

If you get a bunch of your friends in this race it is anything but crash fest. I raced here for 2 hours last night with a full field in each race. contact was VERY MINAMAL. Thankfully this event is in pro/expert. Anywhere else and yes, its a bashers paradise. I have been waiting for this event for a long time now. This is going to be hella fun.
On a side note, I'm bummed that we still don't have an international pro event. I want to race the worlds best.:)

This is becoming absolutely ridiculous...what ever happened to the 750 class PD??? It sure would be nice to take some of the seemingly forgotten tuned monsters for a spin again (GTLM, Amuse S2K, tuned vette, tuned viper etc.) The 750 suzuka event was probably the most competitive and popular event I have taken part in so far...too bad those days are long over though. Im getting tired of racing the same old crap with a lilittle twist thrown in. The past few updates have seen the 550-650 cars beaten to death....talk about boring. :nervous: I mean was a 550 AND 650 event really necessary at Suzuka in the previous update? If you had any sense you would have at least made the disparity in PP larger, by having a 550 and 750 class.

And before this latest few rounds we had the pp750 beaten to death and before that pp600 and before that pp500...

Point is PD seems to test the waters in 3 month stages.

From the past handful of online updates it seems someone at PD is finally paying attention to what the GT community is asking for (lower PP races, no RBE, etc). So now that more are asking for pp750+ I'd expect it to be back in a update or two.

Otherwise, this update is fairly interesting. As much as I have come to love Suzuka it is nice to have the option to race somewhere else when wanted.

x 10^100^1,000^10,000^100,000^1,000,000

No world events?

I guess i won't be seeing anyone online in my Japanese version then.

More time trials oncoming...

The renewal primarily should be once a week as the news stated very often...

But since months the events are updated just every 4-6 weeks.
I dont like it to see announcements which PD do not follow afterwards.

Also the events miss the information of the number of laps to race,
it would be just one single variable to put in.

And the statement "max. 16 players" is simply not true. The maximum players online are 12 since april 2008.

I know its prologue...
I agree.
Small correction tho: the maximum of 12 players was put in place since the first No Mercies , of course not for japan they still have 16 player matches (who finds irony may keep it ) :)
As for the event updates ... about time i hope for world races no boost watsoever:D

Is it me or am I doing something wrong when ever I race a pro event? I can't keep it on the track the way I'd like TO. Is it because I have raced intermediate for TOO long and am just not used to pro physics? Any tips would be great as I am tired of being shunted and bumped off track on the intermediate events!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now it's Thursday 29th in Spain, I have a PAL version of the game, and the online events today, acording GT official web, are updated (550 Eiger, etc...) but in my gt5p page, in news section from the game, it says that the online event update will come 30th january from 6 a.m. What happened? Is it a bug from news section of the game?

Some of these events sound great. Looking forwards to try Eigar online for the first time!

I would also like to see one Expert PP700 - 800 event, particularly at Suzuka. Although I have done Suz to death, the only Expert Event - AWD restriction and relatively low PP - are not really appealing to me (on paper).

These are two possible theories regarding the lack of Expert World Events.

1) As LinPark stated ages ago, there is some kind of program design ****-up and RBE cannot be disabled for World Events (I still can't believe PD would have made this mistake but if they had, I think it has been fixed and will be released with the next update).

2) PD know that the hardcore (Expert) GT users are buying two copies of the game - PAL and NTSC - and are enjoying the extra sales!

These are two possible theories regarding the lack of Expert World Events.

1) As LinPark stated ages ago, there is some kind of program design ****-up and RBE cannot be disabled for World Events (I still can't believe PD would have made this mistake but if they had, I think it has been fixed and will be released with the next update).

2) PD know that the hardcore (Expert) GT users are buying two copies of the game - PAL and NTSC - and are enjoying the extra sales!

I vote for Option 1 but clearly from my signature I support option 2 also. :lol:

I couldn't agree more with Timeattack and DK - with all these Exp events how can we not have one option over 700PP that doesn't involve an F2007????? Put it at 800PP and allow the F2007 to be tuned down to that - just imagine a GTLM, S2K, and an F2007 going at it.

.....2) PD know that the hardcore (Expert) GT users are buying two copies of the game - PAL and NTSC - and are enjoying the extra sales!

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but how do I know what PAL version will work for me as an NTSC user? I have the newest 80gb version if that'll help with any answers

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but how do I know what PAL version will work for me as an NTSC user? I have the newest 80gb version if that'll help with any answers

I could be wrong here but I think the PS3 through HDMI will basically show anything on your display device. Ah the wonderful world of technology.

Back