Online Events Renewal - Thursday, 29th January

• Thread starter amar212
  • 142 comments
I could be wrong here but I think the PS3 through HDMI will basically show anything on your display device. Ah the wonderful world of technology.

Yup, it's not the PS3. Your PS3 doesn't care what type of disc you put in it (NTSC, PAL, NTSC-J). It's your TV that cares. To play the PAL version (well see it) you need a TV with HDMI (digital) inputs, like a HDTV, or a convertor box if you have an older TV so the image will render on screen.

Events look very interesting... cant wait to get back home and try it all out! :) See you all this weekend! 👍

Part of the problem with the Eiger race is that the race is so short that we have to sprint and make too many risky passes on the slower cars to attempt to get up the front. With the rolling start you end up about 2 seconds per postion behind the front car (start 10th the you already are 10 seconds behind), even if you clearly are the fastest by a second or more a lap you cant even get near the front not even including how much time it takes to pass cleanly.

As for punters on Eiger, well they're just punters and they will always be a factor. Usually they're quite slow in race pace (not always) and on Eiger you usually can catch back up to them pretty fast for another attempt (or revenge if that is your thing) as you are not crawling out of a sand trap like Suzuka.

But overall I've had great fun racing on Eiger for the first time online.

BTW I noticed in the Event list the call it Eiger North, hinting there might be other versions of this track excluding reverse.

(...)
BTW I noticed in the Event list the call it Eiger North, hinting there might be other versions of this track excluding reverse.

Always believed to be so. This is a good track to have fun, or do time trials, but too short and narrow for racing, and it really feels like a "sample" to test how people react to it.

I would not be surprised to have a "nurburgring" type of track with long kms of "road like" corners and segments. Imagine this short sample as a fifth of the final track :drool:

If you notice, an alternate road is easily visible at the end of the 'start straight', going off to the left.
It 'returns' just before the tunnel, coming from the left.

There's even a narrower road going wherever, just by the bridge curve.

Imaginations run wild...

If you notice, an alternate road is easily visible at the end of the 'start straight', going off to the left.
It 'returns' just before the tunnel, coming from the left.

There's even a narrower road going wherever, just by the bridge curve.

Imaginations run wild...

easy guys....don't hurt my heart....

Daytona Road Course at 55PP on Pro has been the Bee's Knees. I spent an hour yesterday having some great, close races with my BMW M3 E90. Several race finishes were within a second between 1st/2nd/3rd.

I've been investigation, and that area (CH alps) has immense potential, and roads enough to create a good stretch, like a rally special. But I have some doubts about a long closed circuit. Anybody have a map of the area :)

I've just being playing GT5P after giving it a rest whilst I play on iracing.com.

But came back to GT5 cos iracing is a bit too serious - i feel like putting on some flame proof overallls driving gloves and a helmet when i play.

I've been playing the Eigar Nordwand tonight and noticed since playing iracing.com that the tyre/skid smoke in GT5P is really bad.

You know when you could switch on the 'trail' effect for your mouse pointer its like that - its so bad.

When you see a car leave skid mark smoke the smoke after stays in the air for ages after and if there is a breeze slowley moves across the sky it owuld be nice if they did the same for when Gt5 somes out.

GT5 could be the best car driving game in the world as most people who are into cars would rather drive loads of hot street cars than pie in the sky race cars.

(I think) I'd rather have a blastin a Veyron than any touring car/nascar/even formulas one.

I'm surprised with all the clout of us all on this website and especially if there is a japanese version of this we don't put pressure on PD to give us some info - - can you imagine how positive and upbeat this forum would be if they gave us some screen shots of new tracks/cras etc - it would drive us wild.

I've had 1.5 bottles of Shiraz now.

Burp.

Sweet dreams, god bless.

ZZZZZZzzzzz

Last edited:
I raced three times in the FWD event tonight:

Race 1: Started 8th, finished 6th.

Race 2: Started LAST out of 12 cars, finished 10th.

Race 3: Started 8th out of 11, finished 6th.

This event sucks. There is not enough time to pass that many cars and try to win the race. If you don't at least start higher than 4th place, you have no chance in hell of winning that race. Rolling start + starting last = finishing in back.

No more FWD races for me until they change the events around again. It's horrible.

Edit: Oh, and the starting grid list at the beginning told me that I would start the last race in 4th, then when the race began, I was in 8th. WTF?

I agree. You can't pass many cars at all. That's why you won't see me there.

I kinda like this event, however i wish you could pick any car and could race with your friends only!!! Its not that hard to pass, but there's not many areas you could pass. Its kinda like touge racing. Just stalk your opponet until he slips. One huge problem is the people online sometimes could be terrible sports. I was driving behind this guy.. never touched him he took a poor line, and i cleanly was passing him inside but he drove me into the wall on purpose. I was like :ill:. If we could race with a list of clean racers, GTP online would be greatly improved!

Yeah, it's not bad. But only if your racing GTP members as you said. But their are many events I like better than this, such as 650pp Fuji and 550pp Daytona Road RWD only. Those two events are great fun.

Its not that hard to pass, but there's not many areas you could pass. Its kinda like touge racing.

Yeah, just needs to be longer, by time catch up there isnt alot of time to wait for that gap.

One huge problem is the people online sometimes could be terrible sports. I was driving behind this guy.. never touched him he took a poor line, and i cleanly was passing him inside but he drove me into the wall on purpose. I was like :ill:.

Yeah that happens a lot :(

eiger! yaya, What a treat, that is such a fun place to race..so close

If you're up front.

I was driving behind this guy.. never touched him he took a poor line, and i cleanly was passing him inside but he drove me into the wall on purpose. I was like :ill:. If we could race with a list of clean racers, GTP online would be greatly improved!

That wasn't an orange focus was it? I accidentally squeezed a black integra into a wall not knowing he was there. Had no idea he was going to keep momentum on the outside of the turn like that. :nervous:

Is anyone else annoyed at the recent online time trial car and tyre selections. I have N type tyres on my cars at home. On GT5P I want to drive performance cars with performance tyres not the same ones I drive on every day.

I really enjoy racing on eiger, to be honest I realise you can't win everytime but instead of this you can enjoy passing manoeuvers that you set up 3 corners earlier.

I admit to getting a bit peeved with the ones that drive you into the wall as you pass but at least its not a gravel trap...

Beginners

Compact cars London N2 👍
Mid cars Suzuka East N3 👍
Sports cars Fuji F S1 👍
Super cars Daytona speedway R1 👍

I really want to give PD major props for the new beginner races!

The track/car/tire combinations are a big step up from previous beginner events. These events will be great to teach people car control. With these tires you definately can't hold it on the mat and bomb every corner. If you overdrive the corner you WILL pay for it.

At first I thought the Daytona event was a joke. I mean, Daytona Oval SSC on R1 tires AGAIN? But then I thought "Holy crap, PD is BRILLIANT!" It's a punter trap. It's there to give the punters somewhere to go to keep them out of the "real" races.

PD, you guys did good! REAL GOOD! 👍👍👍👍👍

I could be wrong here but I think the PS3 through HDMI will basically show anything on your display device. Ah the wonderful world of technology.

I own PAL, it works on any PS3, I've used it on both 60 and 80 GB machines.

Yup, it's not the PS3. Your PS3 doesn't care what type of disc you put in it (NTSC, PAL, NTSC-J). It's your TV that cares. To play the PAL version (well see it) you need a TV with HDMI (digital) inputs, like a HDTV, or a convertor box if you have an older TV so the image will render on screen.

Cheers to all of you guys. I'm ordering a PAL copy ASAP :sly:

Back