Online Meeting (NTSC)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 1,650 comments
Hooligan's style is a bit aggressive from what i could see, but not dirty. he made a few moves on me when all i did was open the door a lil bit. i dont blame him for trying to pass, but when i get bumped off my line and/or into the pits its a lil annoying.

With that said i had some real good races with him and Cuda yesterday afternoon!

There's nothing wrong with aggressive driving, I'd rather have drivers with different driving styles then a bunch of drones.

HOWEVER

If your driving constantly puts others into the sand then you are going to far and need to throttle it back.

Thats a simple rule to go by if you want to know if you're too aggressive.

Being an aggressive driver takes alot of skill and knowledge. Skill to know the limits of your car and how it will handle when making aggressive attempts at a pass and where to make it safely, and knowledge to know the driver ahead of you is almost always someone you don't know who may not be able to handle an aggressive pass attempt.

Those who have not mastered driving in a crowd at each particular track should not try and be aggressive as they will end up spinning more drivers then they will impressing drivers with great overtaking maneuvers

While we're on the subject of our resident Hooligan, I'd like to say much what Kevin just said. He's aggresive, but fair, at least from what I could tell.

ALTHOUGH, from what I can remember, he quit a few times while hosting, which really chapped my brown eye! Then again, it very well could have been someone else as it was a few days ago and I erased my memory with copious amounts of booze last night.

As far as aggresive driving goes, both Cudadude and Dbo have banged doors with me in 130R on last laps before, and instead of getting all salty and pissed, I just chuckled to myself because it made the race interesting. Needless to say, I wasn't put off line TOO much 👍

Hell, that's what you get for letting them get a run on you out of Spoon! :scared:

PS- Cuda, you didn't have to give me that position back bud. You earned it fair and square in my book!

While we're on the subject of our resident Hooligan, I'd like to say much what Kevin just said. He's aggresive, but fair, at least from what I could tell.

ALTHOUGH, from what I can remember, he quit a few times while hosting, which really chapped my brown eye! Then again, it very well could have been someone else as it was a few days ago and I erased my memory with copious amounts of booze last night.

As far as aggresive driving goes, both Cudadude and Dbo have banged doors with me in 130R on last laps before, and instead of getting all salty and pissed, I just chuckled to myself because it made the race interesting. Needless to say, I wasn't put off line TOO much 👍

Hell, that's what you get for letting them get a run on you out of Spoon! :scared:

PS- Cuda, you didn't have to give me that position back bud. You earned it fair and square in my book!

Really? cool, could you send me the$ 50,000 dollars i wouldve won then. Yhanks a bunch.

b

I have a noob question...since it seems most of you race in Suzuka 600pp and that's what's discussed here, why doesn't this site have a thread for it and other interesting races? I have no idea what the title of this thread means, I only found it by looking for people who I raced with one night.

stop crying you know who you are. plus you kepted on losing every race you baby. when you lose take it like a man. plus i was not taking anybody out!! so relax you baby.

PS-CITY was leading and I was chasing him like everybody else and I kept a tight line going into turn 1 & 2 and THE_HOOLIGAN bumped me into the sands trying to keep up with PS-CITY as we all know that PS-CITY is competitive and also he's good for measuring our pace compared to him.

If you don't think this scenario was true, just watch T-H next time when PS-CITY is there. I should start recording races (my soft threat :sly:)

Resting Area
pscity.jpg

About the only guy I thought was messing things up for people was GTP_DarthDrift. I only mention him by name because I checked the directory and didn't see him there. He was a pretty good driver, but bumped and nudged me and several other drivers around while passing and I never saw him give anyone their position back.
He was there doing the same thing again tonight. Nothing outright rude, but we were side by side when he nuged me into the kitty litter and never looked back. I saw him do the same to a couple of other drivers as well. Really good driver, though. Once he's out front he's like a robot, driving laps the same over and over, no mistakes.

He was there doing the same thing again tonight. Nothing outright rude, but we were side by side when he nuged me into the kitty litter and never looked back. I saw him do the same to a couple of other drivers as well. Really good driver, though. Once he's out front he's like a robot, driving laps the same over and over, no mistakes.

yeah, just happened to me on 600pp suzuka ..destroys my back bumper at the chicane and leaves..not waiting or nothing..still almost caught up..:scared:

After a five day layoff, I had fun racing Panjandrum last night. I was competitive with him on HSR, but not so much on Suzuka. Of course my '03 Z4 had a lot more power than his '91 Alfa?? Racing him really has helped my lines. Now I just have to stop screwing up my final laps looking in my mirror... :)

Hey Fido (and others),

I happened to be recording the HSR and Suzuka runs that night. In case you don't have any videos with you in them I put up the race on HSR which you won. It isn't very exciting though, since it was just you and I on the track once the third racer dropped. Still, if you want to take a look / snag a copy, it is up on my YouTube site:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TGPanjandrum

It is currently the only Lancia video in my GT5 section, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

yeah, just happened to me on 600pp suzuka ..destroys my back bumper at the chicane and leaves..not waiting or nothing..still almost caught up..:scared:

Hey Ham all this talk about aggresive driving has me thinking about our battle yesterday where we were 2-wide a whole lap. lol

Oh man, I've been out there for a while today, mostly in the 500pp races to keep things sane, trying to get the hang of the G25 clutch and shifter, which I rarely use, and feeling like a complete dolt. Luckily I had a series of races on Suzuka with a good driver (Carrari) who seemed to realize something was up and would patiently wait for me when I, for example, went for 4th and got 2nd, causing a sudden spin when letting the clutch back in.

The difficulty level jumps significantly when you use this combination, largely because the clutch and the shifter are both extremely poor imitations of their real-car counterparts. Finding the correct gear on the shifter is more difficult than it should be, which is actually more disturbing than the lack of resistance. The clutch is the worst part though. It really is just an on-off switch. The only way you can really use it off the line is to rev up and pop it. Lame lame lame.

Despite the frustration it does add a bit of fun though. If you see me out there looking like a complete newbie again on occasion you'll know why...

Wow.. those are the kind of races you never forget. :sly:

Certainly not! I wish I had a video phone recording it. Oh well, there will be other chances.

@PanjanDrum

Hey come to the chat and we can sync up. I miss racing with you.

Good racing with you Hamilton and Dbo129. I am going to Nascar 08 to work on my setup for Lowes Motor Speedway.

I think I am going to take the night off tomorrow. Tonight was some of the worst racing I have ever done at Suzuka. Every race I was either taken out, punted, brake checked or rammed. This is PP600 folks..The hacks have found a new ground to rule. Its bad enough that they ruined the PP750 races, which is why you seldomly see me at a PP750 events. Maybe I will just race in PP500 events..Most of the hacks don't like to run those because its too slow for them.

Tonight I raced about 30 races...I have 2 wins, and 4 top 3 finishes.. Just awful.

I dunno how we are going to run our tournament on Tuesday with this type of crap.

Good racing with you Hamilton and Dbo129. I am going to Nascar 08 to work on my setup for Lowes Motor Speedway.

I think I am going to take the night off tomorrow. Tonight was some of the worst racing I have ever done at Suzuka. Every race I was either taken out, punted, brake checked or rammed. This is PP600 folks..The hacks have found a new ground to rule. Its bad enough that they ruined the PP750 races, which is why you seldomly see me at a PP750 events. Maybe I will just race in PP500 events..Most of the hacks don't like to run those because its too slow for them.

Tonight I raced about 30 races...I have 2 wins, and 4 top 3 finishes.. Just awful.

I dunno how we are going to run our tournament on Tuesday with this type of crap.

I guess practice is out of the question? :P

Last night was pretty bad, especially for 600PP Sazuka. I can only hope thats going to be a one time thing. I have had alot of good races there(600pp) and I hope to have many more. I hope in our tourny its not a slam fest. If it is...well what can you do? Good luck everyone and hopefully see you all tonight for practice:tup:

Last night was pretty bad, especially for 600PP Sazuka. I can only hope thats going to be a one time thing. I have had alot of good races there(600pp) and I hope to have many more. I hope in our tourny its not a slam fest. If it is...well what can you do? Good luck everyone and hopefully see you all tonight for practice:tup:

I'm there...when are you going to race?

I'm there...when are you going to race?

I'll be there tonight too. I'm not sure what time right now. I need practice. The tuned Clio is giving me fits at Suzuka.
Ham,it was good racing with you (and others) last night on the HSR.
Dbo129...have you discovered the chat room? That's where I found a group of GTP guys racing last night.
Link to chat room:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106476

There are some real jerks in Suzuka 600pp right now. One dude, DantheDream, just sat in the middle of the road at Hairpin for 2 laps. In the next race there's eggers (something like that) playing bumper cars and going the wrong way around the track, along with another yahoo. Too bad, I like it when there are lots of racers and, from what I saw, most of them were trying to be cool.

I'll be there tonight too. I'm not sure what time right now. I need practice. The tuned Clio is giving me fits at Suzuka.
Ham,it was good racing with you (and others) last night on the HSR.
Dbo129...have you discovered the chat room? That's where I found a group of GTP guys racing last night.
Link to chat room:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106476

Dbo129 is idle in that chat room 24hrs a day.. lol

We are there now.

On Suzuka 600PP now.

Edit: :( :( :( ... i need to practice the first corner in Suzuka. Im loving no ABS though, gives a better feel of the braking.

SpyHunter and I just had an awesome race. He and I were running 1 and 2 respectively on the first lap when I spun myself out cutting 130R too close. SpyHunter waited for me on the long straight. As we get back into things we proceeded to weave in and out of traffic back to 1 and 2 again where we run right on top of each other for a lap or so. On the last lap, another car starts making a move for me and gets by me relatively cleanly. Some contact, but nothing to cry about. I stay close to his bumper and overtake him cleanly after Spoon Curve. He went in too hot and drifted wide and I went inside clean as a whistle. For some reason that didn't stop him from trying to PIT me. Going into 130R, he bumps me pretty good and retakes second, but I regained control and got lined up perfectly for Casio. Knucklehead goes in too fast and loses it as I slide right by again. Great racing with you, SpyHunter. That was truly one of the most fun races I've had yet.

Nice racing with all the GTPers out there tonight too. A few bangers, but overall a good time.

Latest Posts

Back