Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
I had some great races on the weekend with GTP_Ponchanello (again!), peekay66 (again!), OzOldtimer (again!), Womble64 (again!) and a new fellow who I met who goes by the name of Pichumichu[PT]. Gotta admit, at first I thought he was a junior, but he was properly quick and properly clean and I was amazed at his speed and skill. Great racing with these guys.

As always, heaps of fun with ya AERO, plus the other blokes :)
I thought Pichu was a bit of a novice initially too, but he knew how to handle himself with the Minis 👍
Was also great racing Joe_Racer and Tosk71...those guys are especially quick! :D

Me and GTP_CWR and anoter GTP racer whose name I can't remember just had 5 great races at HSR, GTP_CWR is extremely quick now that he has his wheel.

I think he won every race. We were all in equal Audi R8s

Had some great racing on Suzkla 600pp with GTP_Vaxen, GTP_AngelX, GTP_JacZilla GTP_JoshBMW & others, close fun racing!!
I know GTP_Vaxen was cussing me when I took him out going into turn 1 when he'd spent most of the last lap trying to pass some tool (Alvin4u911) that was blocking him bad but I passed him too & he totally rammed me in to you & took us both out!

On a brighter note I was laughing hard when we came out of the spoon curve 3 wide & stayed 3 wide almost to 130R!!
That was a hoot!!

It was some close racing, if I made 1 mistake I lost 3 positions in an instant.

GTP_ANGELx & I had some close fun races, what a blast!!

How come everyone ended up driving Audi R8'S??
Great fun guys!!

Had some great racing on Suzkla 600pp with GTP_Vaxen, GTP_AngelX, GTP_JacZilla & others, close fun racing!!
I know GTP_Vaxen was cussing me when I took him out going into turn 1 when he'd spent most of the last lap trying to pass some tool (Alvin4u911) that was blocking him bad but I passed him too & he totally rammed me in to you & took us both out!

On a brighter note I was laughing hard when we came out of the spoon curve 3 wide & stayed 3 wide almost to 130R!!
That was a hoot!!

Great fun guys!!

That was some great racing, Moose. I figured Alvin had probably punted you into me, since you'd never ram me that hard in turn 1.

On a later race, I overcooked it in turn 1 and barged into you, sending you off. :dunce:

There was a lot of quality racing though! You should have joined us in the chat!

arai_alpinestars in 750pp suzuka, we're drifting the essa over and over pretty much side by side
its fun ! and were not bothering anyone !

That was some great racing, Moose. I figured Alvin had probably punted you into me, since you'd never ram me that hard in turn 1.

On a later race, I overcooked it in turn 1 and barged into you, sending you off. :dunce:

There was a lot of quality racing though! You should have joined us in the chat!

Great racing guys, probably the most screaming, yelling, laughing, and sweating I've done for a GT5P race ever.👍

And Moose doesn't lie on this one, if there was even the slightest miscalculation of any breaking point, turn in point, apex speed, or exit speed, you were almost guaranteed to loose at least two positions before the next corner.

Most defiantly do I look forward to another round of racing like that. :cheers:

Agreed! I was in the mix with all you guys as well. I'm still a newbie but it was very nice, close racing which taught me a lot. The occasional bump was inevitable but we all seemed curteous and waited where appropriate. Those R8s get great drive out of the slow corners and it's tough to keep up using the old faithful RWD Clio.

A few of us had a 3-wide moment half way down the straight to 130R that was absolutely hilarious! You win some, you lose some...

Had some great racing on Suzkla 600pp with GTP_Vaxen, GTP_AngelX, GTP_JacZilla GTP_JoshBMW & others, close fun racing!!

That was a hoot!!

GTP_ANGELx & I had some close fun races, what a blast!!

How come everyone ended up driving Audi R8'S??
Great fun guys!!

As always, heaps of fun with ya AERO, plus the other blokes :)
I thought Pichu was a bit of a novice initially too, but he knew how to handle himself with the Minis 👍
Was also great racing Joe_Racer and Tosk71...those guys are especially quick! :D

Hey guys, indeed it was a pleasure to race against all of you, but guess what? I'm far from being a novice. ;)
I've played GT since the first one and I'm a member of GTP since at October 2001, although I know that I have very few posts here.
By the way, just as a curiosity, Racing Line (the now extint time database site / forum that I was in charge for some years) and GT by Numbers, we organized the original Boards Challenge that I'm sure most of you know about.

GTP_Kartracer, that was me in the yellow Swift (Tuned!) on Suzuka Intermediate. LOL I was just out there having fun to see how I would do in such an outclassed car. I was running in 2nd for most of the first lap until I realized it doesnt brake quite as well as the Amuse S2k. :dopey:

I waited for you after you got punted and you were nice enough to let me go ahead of you, hehe. 👍

GTP_Kartracer, that was me in the yellow Swift (Tuned!) on Suzuka Intermediate. LOL I was just out there having fun to see how I would do in such an outclassed car. I was running in 2nd for most of the first lap until I realized it doesnt brake quite as well as the Amuse S2k. :dopey:

I waited for you after you got punted and you were nice enough to let me go ahead of you, hehe. 👍

Not a problem. There were some rammers out there, both from Canada !!!! You were doing pretty well at the start:tup:

Hey guys, indeed it was a pleasure to race against all of you, but guess what? I'm far from being a novice. ;)
I've played GT since the first one and I'm a member of GTP since at October 2001, although I know that I have very few posts here.
By the way, just as a curiosity, Racing Line (the now extint time database site / forum that I was in charge for some years) and GT by Numbers, we organized the original Boards Challenge that I'm sure most of you know about.

Good to hear mate :) I'm sure the rest of the blokes we all raced have been playing since GT1 too (I know I have!).

I guess I just found the suggestion for the beginner Mini race a bit odd. I personally get more enjoyment from 600PP Suzuka, but like I said, the Mini was a good little bit of arcade-style fun. Cheers for suggesting it! :)

Any particular reason why you don't particularly enjoy the 600PP races we had as much? Seems to be one of the races most fast, clean racers like (which you are one of too Pedro. Couldn't catch you in the Mini races!)

i just had a couple great races against KumaBar at fuji 600pp in the R8s, although i could not catch him. You are going to be hard to beat in the NTSC competition.

Good to hear mate :) I'm sure the rest of the blokes we all raced have been playing since GT1 too (I know I have!).

I guess I just found the suggestion for the beginner Mini race a bit odd. I personally get more enjoyment from 600PP Suzuka, but like I said, the Mini was a good little bit of arcade-style fun. Cheers for suggesting it! :)

Any particular reason why you don't particularly enjoy the 600PP races we had as much? Seems to be one of the races most fast, clean racers like (which you are one of too Pedro. Couldn't catch you in the Mini races!)

The main reason is because I never had too much patience to deal with settings and on GT5P it seems I never put it in such way that pleases exactly my style of playing, but it was not that bad really after a while, it was fun.
The other reason that I prefer the arcade cars is because it's the same for everyone, no advantages due to "secret" settings. As for the crazy drivers, I just learned how to deal with that, there's also it's fun in it.
But I'm not only on the Mini at Suzuka, I also like the 2 arcade races at High Speed Ring, the Ferraris at HSR reverse and the 2 at Fuji.

i just had a couple great races against KumaBar at fuji 600pp in the R8s, although i could not catch him. You are going to be hard to beat in the NTSC competition.

Good times Angelx! but you were hard to keep behind also :scared:, and you did win a few. Nice to know that you are both fast and pretty clean, it will add fun to the NTSC races. See you on the track this afternoon 👍

I had a really fun line of races. In the PAL servers, on the 700pp Fuji Race with standard drive.

It was around 6am, me and this Italian guy were racing like mad, we were averaging 1:39 a lap, I was in a Ford GT test, he was in a Mines Skyline, it was awesome, there was just 2 people in that race about 4 times in a row, and he was a clean driver, with exceptional skills (at standard drive). then at around 6:45 more people starting joining, and it was just me and this guy at the front, and occasionally we would help eachother out, like one race we were so far ahead it was just funny. and once we formed a rolling roadblock to stop this cheating guy in a clio ramming us off, it was so funny :)

only did a couple runs last night, but the moose owned one of the races. and then on the last lap on the spoon he goes off into kitty land.

it was a shame, you were running a really nice race.

phreak_of_nature is a good clean driver too, had a lot of good races with him, quite fast.

r8 ftw.

Best evening since too long ;)

First 2 godd races With Mr P (I might say one race + one Funny one^^)
Very fast with your Evo.... I made a mistake on the 1st race with the tuned one.. then took the normal one 👍

Secondly, some good races with GTP_NOS.... almost unbeatable with his Suba:scared: .... Maybe not with my f430 :dopey:

Great races with you guy, it was a real pleasure tonight (Lag excepted ) 👍

The main reason is because I never had too much patience to deal with settings and on GT5P it seems I never put it in such way that pleases exactly my style of playing, but it was not that bad really after a while, it was fun.
The other reason that I prefer the arcade cars is because it's the same for everyone, no advantages due to "secret" settings. As for the crazy drivers, I just learned how to deal with that, there's also it's fun in it.
But I'm not only on the Mini at Suzuka, I also like the 2 arcade races at High Speed Ring, the Ferraris at HSR reverse and the 2 at Fuji.

Good point, Pedro re: the equality. I particularly enjoy the races when I happen to be in the same car as other people (despite different set-ups), as it brings it more back to driver vs driver.
Hope to catch you around this weekend again :)

I don't know if he's a GTP'r, but Driver46 is a good one, clean racer and fast. Nice battles on Fuji 600PP today, along with Flash48.

only did a couple runs last night, but the moose owned one of the races. and then on the last lap on the spoon he goes off into kitty land.

it was a shame, you were running a really nice race.

Brain fart!! :ouch: :banghead:

OMG you guys still remember me! :eek: :D
Good to see you too Ron, Rudi and Sphinx Mr. Super Moderator. :bowdown: :cheers:

It's true that I had a long break, I skiped GT4, I had it for 10 days but it just wasn't in me and not having online did not helped, so I dedicated to my favourite game, playing PES online.

A shame that I still have not found you guys online as I'm there everyday since the game was released. I will add you to my friends list on the PS3.

GOODNESS!

PEDRO YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!!!!

Wow, I had no idea last weekend when I was playing against you that you were an original GTP member! Amazing! Now the pleasure is doubly mine!

I see Pedro's point in the whole 'even playing field' when it comes to stock Mini races or so forth. It really does give direct comparisons against drivers and the quick ones, like cream, usually float to the top in these sorts of races. No 'secret settings' to give you half a tenth here or there, no whingeing about 'that car's faster than mine' sort of thing.
On the whole though, I find the lack of variety in one-make racing a huge drawback for me, which is one of the great things of PP racing.

On another note, I had a couple of good fun races with GTP_MisterWeary the other night. One particular race, he led from the start and I was going hell-for-leather trying to catch him in the red Suby, but he was cranking up his speed each and every lap. By Spoon on Lap 3 I had resigned myself to 2nd place and was prepared to cruise to the flag, but wait....! Oh no, he SPUN! On the exit of Spoon!

My heart was well and truly aching for you Weary at that point, even though I was laughing my head off as I snuck by into the lead. You gotta be in it to win it as they say, but to be honest, you deserved that race win much more than I did, hehe.

Cheers mate.

👍

Latest Posts

Back