Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
GTP_JimmyGT, GTP_fasga, GTP_Jake and adamrobcarly some great action today at Suzuka pp600. I was testing out the viper because I saw viperking1's post about the top end. Sorry if I caught you going into the hairpin on on the first race we had GTP_JimmyGT, got a little sideways there.

LOL Unfortunately, I can't win when I race good drivers! It is always the punters that 'shoot themselves in the foot,' so to speak, allowing me to win. The clean racers are just too good and too intelligent (which is probably why they don't stoop to such low and dirty tricks like punters to try and win)!

Bear in mind you only get 3 laps. Against good racers, running clean laps, that is not nearly enough time to make up any more than a couple places at most so if you start in 6th the best you can hope for is probably 4th. Once you get your head around that you start to enjoy the race against the only real opponents you have on the track - the guy in front and the guy behind :sly:

i had some brilliant races today

"|X|ICEMAN|X|" in the white f430, "devilod" in his orange amuse350z, "GTP_daan" in his red R8, "dragonistic" in his Viper, "guitardude" in his M3, "truth123" in his NSX-R, "husky555" in his Subaru STI 05 and "Colin21" in his R8 all of these people are proper racers, they give you space they race cleanly and quickly. i could sit here and describe the whole race to you but it would take ages, there was about 6 of us really tight together all switching places no real touching just a bit of rubbing through the corner this is one of the best races i have ever had online i ended up finishing second behind colin21 by a few hundreths on the next race me, colin21, and daan had another brilliant race , same thing happened at the end i was right behind him coming up to the line and colin21 braked to let me take the win. what a legend. 👍 nice racing daan as well we had about 5-6 races together.

nice racing daan as well we had about 5-6 races together.
Ah! It's you! Your screenname didn't mean anything to me, but knew you were from here due to the GTP bit.

Yep, good racing with you. I kept on crashing at either the first corner, or spoon. I've got a vid of me chasing you I'll upload.

Ah! It's you! Your screenname didn't mean anything to me, but knew you were from here due to the GTP bit.

Yep, good racing with you. I kept on crashing at either the first corner, or spoon. I've got a vid of me chasing you I'll upload.

ahh nice one!!!, i'd really like to see that. i hope i was driving ok. there was a few times where i didn't give you much overtaking space when you dived up the inside on some corners..sorry about that, i'm normally good at that kind of stuff but because there was so many people close together i was trying to not get in other people way too. 👍

edit if you can..can you change my user ID from zetec-ss to GTP_Sarlech?

ahh nice one!!!, i'd really like to see that. i hope i was driving ok. there was a few times where i didn't give you much overtaking space when you dived up the inside on some corners..sorry about that, i'm normally good at that kind of stuff but because there was so many people close together i was trying to not get in other people way too. 👍
I have no issues with you whatsoever. I think I only past you twice, and you gave me plenty of room both times. 👍 You hit me once and I got a penalty for it, just before the tunnel, but you waited on me. But that's racing. :D

edit if you can..can you change my user ID from zetec-ss to GTP_Sarlech?
The only way to change your name is to go premium, and then PM Jordan asking for a name change.

It was really fun racing with guys that Zetec-ss mentioned(I'm husky55). Clean, fair and fast race. This guys respect other drivers.

The only way to change your name is to go premium, and then PM Jordan asking for a name change.

i guess it would be cheeky of me to make another username. i will try and join up to premium when i have some money in my paypal:) , i would be grateful if you could give me a head up to where you post / upload the video. thanks.

It was really fun racing with guys that Zetec-ss mentioned(I'm husky55). Clean, fair and fast race. This guys respect other drivers.

nice racing with you too 👍

Had some fun racing GTNDC-Rudiraser just now. He was in an EVO X, I was in the Audi. Good driver. Was nice getting some seat time in the Audi. Him being fast helped me push it to see where it needs tweaking.

i would be grateful if you could give me a head up to where you post / upload the video. thanks.
I've uploaded it to my website.

Clicky pic

Quality isn't brilliant, but I'm still learning what to do with my Pinnacle video transfer and editing program. It's my full ~7 minute race with no editing. Try not to laugh as I spin at spoon...

Clicky pic

Quality isn't brilliant, but I'm still learning what to do with my Pinnacle video transfer and editing program. It's my full ~7 minute race with no editing. Try not to laugh as I spin at spoon...

I think that quality is pretty dang impressive.

Just had a great dogfight with HCCl dont know who he is but he had an Evo X/Tuned and i was in my IX/Tuned, mustve overtaken each other 8 or so times without contact. Couple of R8s gained on us during the latter half of each lap but both appeared to crash (one a GTP driven machine), leaving us Evos to continue battling a storming away through the first half of the track with no competition. I managed to get past for the final time at Dunlop then he ran a little wide on degner and although only lost a small amount of time, it was enough to give me the space i needed to stay well clear for the remainder of the race.

I think that quality is pretty dang impressive.

I don't think it looks as impressive when it's bigger.

vlcsnap-22427.jpg

Clicky pic

thanks a lot, i'm downloading it now.

Just had some very close races with some GTP drivers at Suzuka PP600.
Specially GTP_Sjaak in his black Ferrari, my Audi R8 just coudn't keep up with him in the straight sections of the track. Great fun!

I just had a really good race on Daytona Speedway 750PP. Had a battle with a Ford GT test in my Viper/T, swapping places each straight to pull away from the chasing pack. Final lap on the back stretch i decided to make my move then hold his line all through the final turn, forcing him to try to go outside of me who was right in the middle lane. He ran wide and had to dab the brakes giving me my chance of running to the line before he could catch me, which i did by 0.08 seconds.

Daytona doesn't usually provide to great racing, but its served me well recently for providing tactical battles with multiple cars, one race we had 8 cars finishing within 2.5 seconds of the leader.

A mixed bag last night, but I had a couple of good, close contests. Last race with the Moose was good - neck-&-neck going into Spoon, until he got punted into oblivion by dogui78 (a fast racer, but prone to "reckless" driving) - ruined the race to the line...

Had quite a few good races with someone named Pelico. He waited for me when I spun out or got punted, vice-versa(not sure of proper grammar on that one). Good racer to keep an eye out for.

Yesterday on Suzuka and Fuji, I was up against Turismo-Z a couple of times in his STi. I could never catch up to him, but it seemed he got punted every single race on Suzuka. He stayed on pace when a couple of us in the R8 tournament were practicing on Fuji. Good racer, but he always seemed to get hit off by punters.

Yesterday on Suzuka and Fuji, I was up against Turismo-Z a couple of times in his STi. I could never catch up to him, but it seemed he got punted every single race on Suzuka. He stayed on pace when a couple of us in the R8 tournament were practicing on Fuji. Good racer, but he always seemed to get hit off by punters.

Had fun regardless of the less-desirable crowd. A few times, it was my own fault. I was messing with the setup nearly every run and struggling to dial out the understeer. As a result, I was braking a smidge earlier than most and I'd get a nudge or go off on my own. It happens.. I'll stay upset for about the same amount of time it takes to get back on track. I've actually had a nice ratio in favor of good races. I've run into some bashers in the past and some (few, but some) of them began to run clean when they saw I wasn't going to play back. Sad thing is.. most of the people who resort to dirty tactics are pretty fast. Anyhow, I'm rambling.

On that note, I believe I owe an apology to.. CWR? Many of you were at Fuji so I figured an event was going on. I immediately steered into the wall at the start and relegated myself to the rear so as not to interrupt. The rubber-band helped catch me up by the start/finish straight on the way to start lap 2. I broke late and interfered with another in Turn 1. It may have been CWR or another, but I'd like to drop an apology here for it. Hopefully it's read as I know there's another thread for that sort of thing.

Wow.. really rambling, now. Mmm.. yea. Have a good one. See you all at the circuit.

Well i just got punted off on the back straight on Daytona Speedway 750 in my Vette/Tuned. Was in the guys slipstream, pulled out got along side, he turned into me. Off i go sliding on the grass... BUT, i managed not to spin, stayed in the throttle kept above 190 and rejoined ahead of him!!! :lol:

Just wanted to say cheers to NXlAROSA for letting us by at suzuka, was getting very irate as i had at least 15+ races before that one, which resulted in punts/dropped races, i was getting ready to launch my joypad across the room, as its just not my day today, cheers again, thanks also to the m3 driver in same race.

You're welcome, sorry for that last punt when you were batteling that Clio dude in the S-es. ;) I was testing my new R8. I usually just let people pass when testing a new tune. :)

You're welcome, sorry for that last punt when you were batteling that Clio dude in the S-es. ;) I was testing my new R8 so I usually just let people pass. :)

didn't realise you was a GTP'er. nice racing i had with you. sorry if we had any contact. oh yeh nice car choice and colour :sly:

Thanks, you have a nice ride too. :sly: Like I always say: I don't mind about a little bumping and grinding, as long as it's not intentional I don't care. 👍 Stuff happens, especially in close quarters and when drafting.

I had some great races on the weekend with GTP_Ponchanello (again!), peekay66 (again!), OzOldtimer (again!), Womble64 (again!) and a new fellow who I met who goes by the name of Pichumichu[PT]. Gotta admit, at first I thought he was a junior, but he was properly quick and properly clean and I was amazed at his speed and skill. Great racing with these guys.

To Dragonistic, I was having an enjoyable race on Suzuka last night until the host dropped out towards the end on Lap 3, I kept an eye on my rearview for you, but I think someone punted you at turn 1?

I look forward to racing you again!

@ DarthDrift: I was trying to let you in front on that last Suzuka race, you were obviously faster than I. Thanks for the free pass though :D. Too bad that white GTR decided that ramming was needed to keep us two back behind him. I look forward to more racing :D

Back