Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
Had two damn fine races tonight with "PS-CITY" at No Mercy! Suzuka. We were both in the 111R/Tuned. I have mine setup with max downforce for corners and he seemed to have his setup for better straight speed. The first race we must have changed positions 10 times. I'd get him in a corner, he'd get me on a straight; and it just kept going back and forth. I only won that race by 0.3xx. We both finished with a final time 10:53:xxx. Nobody else even finished the race they were so far back. The second race, he apparently caught on to my passing-points and defended them. Not blocked, but properly defended. On the last lap I put a wheel in the grass at the hairpin and lost it. I hate myself for that.

Those two races were perhaps the best/most fun I've had since playing online. I was near sweating at the end of each race. Gotta do that again!! 👍👍

Had a nice race with a group of punters. They all kept pushing me off the track, giving me countless penalties. Last lap, all of them are infront of me about to cross the finish line. I can see alot of swerving going on, about 5 of the punters have all started punting everywhere and had all spun out. I took the win and laughed away.

Was that at Fuji in the Ferraris? I was in an F40 and driving the balls off it only to be smashed off the road by some loser in an F40 and some other swerving idiot in a F430.

Today I had a a fun if frustrating race with a very decent german bloke called "DorDude". I made a huge mistake attempting the Suzuka 650 race in an ISF, and the German fella was in a Tuned EvoX. He stopped for me numerous times and was a very fair racer. Anyway on the last lap I actually got a half a handle on the stupid Lexus and managed to stay ahead heading towards 130R, and then into the chicane, I decided to slow down and let him pass for the win (which he thoroughly deserved!) and anyway I slowed, but it seemed he either slowed or bumped me just before we crossed the finish line. I sent him an apology straight away, I felt bad for him.

On the upside I had a fantastic Ferrari race the other day with three Japanese drivers, fast, very smooth, and were able to race doorhandle to doorhandle without bumping each other off the road, and considering I was in an F40, and the other guys were in F430's damn it was fun manhandling the F40 around keeping up with the F430's.

Was that at Fuji in the Ferraris? I was in an F40 and driving the balls off it only to be smashed off the road by some loser in an F40 and some other swerving idiot in a F430.

Today I had a a fun if frustrating race with a very decent german bloke called "DorDude". I made a huge mistake attempting the Suzuka 650 race in an ISF, and the German fella was in a Tuned EvoX. He stopped for me numerous times and was a very fair racer. Anyway on the last lap I actually got a half a handle on the stupid Lexus and managed to stay ahead heading towards 130R, and then into the chicane, I decided to slow down and let him pass for the win (which he thoroughly deserved!) and anyway I slowed, but it seemed he either slowed or bumped me just before we crossed the finish line. I sent him an apology straight away, I felt bad for him.

Yes it was. Sorry to hear you were in the muddle. :guilty:

I've started racing online again after a uni-related lack of time to do so, so been enjoying racing in the No Mercy event. It's great finally having no rubber band effect, although competition does seem to be a bit weak...

Anyone else had the scenarios, as I have, where you're able to win by more than a minute? :crazy: I'm using the Nissan GT-R, and from starting last on the grid (as very few people seem to utilise the full 650PP available) I can be third by the first corner and first by Degner, often sooner. After that I've just been clearing off.

Now much as I'd like to think it's down to my prodigious skillz (:sly:), I'm more inclined to believe that a vast majority of the GT5P-playing userbase is really struggling with S2 tyres and not having the RBE to keep them in contention.

Is anyone here really struggling with this race? I ran 4 races last night and my lowest victory margin was about 15 seconds...

Is anyone here really struggling with this race? I ran 4 races last night and my lowest victory margin was about 15 seconds...

I was having serious problems. For maybe the first night I was all over the place. Constantly going back and forth to the suspension setup making adjustments, until I finally got it controllable. But I'm in the Lotus which was already twitchy on R3 tires.

A nice race where my Drift/grip /750PP Suzuka Tuned viper drifted wide of spoon and overtook a blue Tuned Evo. It was awsome, I enjoyed it.

HSR 800PP was a great race, other than I rarely had competition (lol) which gave me $£$ daily it was a great place to race.

When GTP or a good racer turned it up it was a comeption. HSR is the only place were you can really stick on someones bumper or make clean and nice passes due to the long and wide corners. Also mocking someone by drifting infront and keeping the lead is fun.

C'mon HSR 800PP comeback I dont have much money (HSR earned me 400,000 cr. a day, thus my army of F2007) HSR is the only place where my pad can beat the wheels.

I was having serious problems. For maybe the first night I was all over the place. Constantly going back and forth to the suspension setup making adjustments, until I finally got it controllable. But I'm in the Lotus which was already twitchy on R3 tires.

Yeah the Lotus is a handful at the best of times, though someone was having a good go at me in one for a while. I realise I'm using quite a quick car (i.e. the GT-R) but it seems there are a lot of people who just haven't got used to S2 tyres yet - I do a lot of time trial driving so driving on S2s, even with more power, doesn't really bother me - much less now that RBE has gone because the car now handles consistantly for the whole race.

Had some great racing tonight with someone who I presume is part of some Italian messageboard (they were using a tag) in a California, with me in a GT-R. After yesterday and earlier today comprehensively thrashing everyone, this guy in the Ferrari was amazing, very clean and very quick indeed. After he caught me up and passed me I spent three laps right on his tail, before making a mistake on the last lap, and he won by a couple of seconds overall.

Away from peak times I just seem to disappear over the horizon, but mid-evening and at the weekend I guess the quicker guys come out to play and I get some better races. Had one this morning where I was leading by a mile so stopped at Casio for 30s till I was fourth with two laps to go and still won. Very gentlemanly of one of the guys I let past to try and punt me as I retook the lead *sigh*. The fact that I hardly lost any speed and he span out as a result just made the win even more satisfying.

Had an awesome race last night in the No Mercy at Suzuka with a Russian driver called UnknownSam. He was in a white GTR, me in an Evo X. I was on his tail for the full 5 laps and got alongside about 4 times but could never make it stick, we gave each other room and I don't think we touched at all for the entire race, despite never being more than two car lengths apart and side-by-side through several corners. We were running 2:09-2:10, which is as quick as I can go and I suspect as quick as he can go too! Fast and fair, just the way I like it.

Had a couple of close races with someone called NISSUS from Portugal today too, they usually consisted of us being very close till the back of my GTR got away from me under braking again, then I think he was slowing to let me catch up for more fun.

I had some awesome racing with GTP_ENERGIYA today at No Mercy Suzuka. For the most part it was just the two of us and after about two races we settled in to some great racing. It was a total joy to see someone who was not only geniunely quick, but someone who you could inherently trust to race side-by-side with and for the most part we were nose and tail for the better part of 40-50 laps (2 hours+ of easy matchups).

GTP_ENERGIYA, I salute you, you are a total hoot to race against, let's hope we have many more online meets! And I'll make sure my SIXAXIS is fully charged next time so you don't wonder what happened to me if I go spearing off 130R at 250km/h!

Hehehe!

👍

I had some awesome racing with GTP_ENERGIYA today at No Mercy Suzuka. For the most part it was just the two of us and after about two races we settled in to some great racing. It was a total joy to see someone who was not only geniunely quick, but someone who you could inherently trust to race side-by-side with and for the most part we were nose and tail for the better part of 40-50 laps (2 hours+ of easy matchups).

GTP_ENERGIYA, I salute you, you are a total hoot to race against, let's hope we have many more online meets! And I'll make sure my SIXAXIS is fully charged next time so you don't wonder what happened to me if I go spearing off 130R at 250km/h!

Hehehe!

👍

Thanks mate, it was great fun tonight. BTW i dont think we did touch in thoes 40 to 50 laps.

Look forward to same more soon mate. 👍👍

BTW If you SIXAXIS is not charged, i will break it ( just kidding ). then you can use a PS2 controller with no charging required.

Last edited:
Some of the best races I've had in a while were at Fuji Ferrarri 650pp with Aerosmith123 guy is good in that 599, also GTP_Aussierules, and mybrindle thanks guys.:sly:

I had a great little "small" race with one other player today. It was just me and him with matching Clios on Suzuka. Doesn't sound like much, but we both raced clean and properly, which elevated the whole experience. He got a little eager while trailing me and overcooked the last corner into the litter, giving me the win.

Wow,had to do some digging in the archives to find this old thread. :lol:

800PP Daytona last night brought forth some very clean,intense racing.I know what some of you may be thinking,"that racing around a big oval is boring".It was anything but that.Sure it had some not so glamorous moments,a few dis-connectors,a few punters (of which I will not bring up any names),but overall,it was actually pretty clean.Quite a few GTP tags were present (here and there),several other tagged names racing there as well.There seemed to be a mutual racing respect amongst the tagged guys and the non-tagged guys.Is online possibly cleaning up a bit ?

A few little tidbits happened last night which I caught interesting :

1. Got pm'd by a non-tagged racer,and was told that he was not worthy to be on the same track as a "GTP" tag. I pm'd back and told him "we are all worthy as long as you can race clean and proper",ended up getting a huge thanks and a friend request out of that,pretty cool.

2. Had another pm which said " how are you GTP guys so fast ?". I replied "join GTPlanet and go into the tuning section for some hints and tips".Ended up getting another thanks out of that one.Whether he/she joins or not remains to be seen.

3. Had an incident with a racer coming out of T-3&4 in which he appeared to take himself out by dropping way down below the yellow line and into the wall after he slid up and gave me an ever so slight bump,which really did not have any adverse effect on my car,I was able to keep going on,he wiped out. He/she pm'd me,telling me he/she was "so sorry for hitting me,and felt bad bad for hitting a GTP member and that GTP tagged racers command respect and was wanting to get out of the way of a GTP'er". HUH - command respect ? I don't think so. My pm back was "we do not command respect - we are here to promote clean online racing". The person pm'd back saying that " GTP racers are intimidating when there presence is on the track",of which I replied,"we are not intimidators (unlike certain other groups,of which I will not mention),we are just good old guys out here to have fun amongst all the fellow on line racing enthusiasts".Got pm'd back with another "thank you and all you GTP racers for making online a more comfortable environment". With that being said,it made me proud to be wearing the GTP tag out there,perhaps,just perhaps,the GTP method of online racing is getting out there to the online world.

800PP Daytona is really quite interesting anymore,there really is some good stuff happening there. Great racing out there last night fellow GTP'ers and all of the other tagged groups,and the non-tagged "clean,respectable" drivers. 👍:)

Last edited:
Pretty much all my races online are enjoyable! Whether i win(Not very often) or lose(To often). The only times that i don't enjoy racing, is when there are punters or the Host disconnects because they are losing!

Ive only started racing online in the last few days even though ive had this game since it came out!

My favourites are the clean races. Those ones where if you get a knock you immediately get a message of apology! I like racing with the guys who obey all the rules, no weaving - only one move across the track. Its really satifying even coming second in those, cause you know it was a hard, fair fight and very little in the difference!

Jay
I have been having some real enjoyable battles agaisnt JackingtonGTP. Jack in a 07 STi and myself in a 05 at 600PP Suzuka.

If you see us out there keep in mind we are in totally standard cars (534pp, 544PP) so we will behind the pace of anyone in 600PP cars.
Back to our old ways! We started off racing completely standard Citroën C4's in the 550PP Eiger event, where we had some very close battles. Even though we couldn't get much passes in due to the tight nature of the circuit, we still managed to have a lot of fun.

We then moved onto racing bog standard BMW 135i's in the 550PP Suzuka event. I had a lot more fun here, we had some great nose-to-tail racing with probably more overtaking in one race at Suzuka than five races at Eiger. We also gave a couple of guys running 550PP cars a run for their money.

It was a great afternoon of racing. It had been a while since I've raced standard cars online, I forgot how much funner it tends to be! 👍

Yep great races

It was a great afternoon of racing. It had been a while since I've raced standard cars online, I forgot how much funner it tends to be! 👍

Indeed standard car racing is much more fun for me. When GT5 comes and we can make private servers with 1000+ car choice and a large range of tracks it will be amazing.

One

There where two that drifted and one that raced we all had the same speed and came to the goal under 10 seconds from 1st to 4th.

Other than that have been boring as usual because I only meet French Clio/California kids...

I was racing earlier in my TVR Speed Six against a guy in a Clio V6 in the 550PP Suzuka. I was useless, if i went a lap without any mistakes he would be 2-3 seconds a lap faster :scared:

Though he tended to slow down to let me catch up every couple of laps, when i was right up behind him and not making silly mistakes i kept up with him pretty well. Although i did kind of fail on the last lap, going off onto the gravel around 3 times... :( I lost by around 10 seconds because of that :D

I had no real chance of winning, but racing in a TVR that is so wondrous to drive compared to the likes of the Clio, i bet i had a lot more fun than the other guy.

Then i got in my Elise 111R and went out to beat him, but i didn't see him again.

I was racing some Italian player last night in the beginner Fuji race - I race beginner cause I couldnt be bothered with car setup. I just want to get in and race.

I was in the Elise and he(she) was in the Lancer. We were very evenly matched, think we came out 2 to 1 in my favour. It was great cause there was no cheating, the overtakes were clean and we swapped position maybe 2 or 3 times over the 2 laps. Great fun!

My best online experience with GT5 prologue is when I was using the NSX-R at 550pp Suzuka expert vs a 2006 Subaru WRX STI. He's fast as hell! We almost got identical lap time in every lap (5 laps, best lap time is 2:17 ish) and I was trying to did my best to keep up with him in almost every corner and high speed straights, the race was very intense! If i can measure how close I was to his bumper I say it's about 2 to 3 feet away in almost all corners without hitting him. (adrenaline effect I guess) I didn't won, but it's probably one of the intense race I've ever had in GT5 prologue and probably the best.

Back