online tunning no aids?

  • Thread starter Thread starter berettagt88
  • 17 comments
  • 883 views
Messages
795
United States
ohio
Messages
beretta-gt88
How do I tune my cars for driving with out aids? my car slides like its on ice! I'm still learning to tune suspension do I increase rear toe angle to increase rear grip or increase rear camber?
 
If you mean no aids as in just ABS 1 then there's no magic tune that'll help. It just takes practice. But most tunes on this site are made with just ABS 1.
 
Some of the tunes will say "Online" or "Online OK". If you use those, you'll be assured of a decent tune for online racing.

If you're having trouble getting used to driving without aids, I would recommend driving in practice mode with the car that you're planning to use and drop down to a slightly weaker tire than you will be using when you go online.

Start out slowly and work your way up to a faster pace until you can consistently drive well with that car and those tires.

The aids essentially compensate for mistakes the driver is making. If a driver learns this game with the aids on, then most likely hasn't learned what's a mistake and what is not because they have "the training wheels" on.

If you drive some practice laps the way that I suggested, you will learn how to actually control the car (not have the assists control it) and after a little adjustment period, you'll be just fine.

When you get online, you'll have a little bit better tires and be able to push the car a little faster than your practice session. Consider it a reward for the hard work in practice mode. :)
 
If you mean no aids as in just ABS 1 then there's no magic tune that'll help. It just takes practice. But most tunes on this site are made with just ABS 1.

yea ABS 1 I mostly drive with replica cars like for example '12 Camaro ZL1 with SRF and TC 1 .
 
How do I tune my cars for driving with out aids? my car slides like its on ice! I'm still learning to tune suspension do I increase rear toe angle to increase rear grip or increase rear camber?

Go to the Tuning Forum and try out any of the garages on the first page to see if they have tunes that fit your driving style. Praiano's, Clueless, Wallbangers, RKM, Motor City and Photo Finish is where I'd start. You'll find tuning tips and strategies in some garages.
 
Some of the tunes will say "Online" or "Online OK". If you use those, you'll be assured of a decent tune for online racing.

If you're having trouble getting used to driving without aids, I would recommend driving in practice mode with the car that you're planning to use and drop down to a slightly weaker tire than you will be using when you go online.

Start out slowly and work your way up to a faster pace until you can consistently drive well with that car and those tires.

The aids essentially compensate for mistakes the driver is making. If a driver learns this game with the aids on, then most likely hasn't learned what's a mistake and what is not because they have "the training wheels" on.

If you drive some practice laps the way that I suggested, you will learn how to actually control the car (not have the assists control it) and after a little adjustment period, you'll be just fine.

When you get online, you'll have a little bit better tires and be able to push the car a little faster than your practice session. Consider it a reward for the hard work in practice mode. :)

I been driving with SRF,TC 1 and ABS 1 in the beginning now I'm interested in racing online but most rooms turn SRF and TC off that makes stopping difficult. If I start driving with say SH on my Camaro when I usually use SM then do I turn off SRF and TC for practicing or leave them on?
 
Last edited:
I been driving with SRF,TC 5 and ABS 1 in the beginning now I'm interested in racing online but most rooms turn SRF and TC off that makes stopping difficult. If I start driving with say SH on my Camaro when I usually use SM then do I turn off SRF and TC for practicing or leave them on?

You're going to have a really hard time if you're used to those settings being on. Turn srf off, put tc on 3 or 4 and run practice laps on a track that you're extremely familiar with. If its a short track like Tsukuba or Laguna seca, practice until you can do 4-5 Laps without spinning out once. Once you feel confident, drop tc down 1 and repeat. Keep doing this until you're at 0 and running fairly clean laps without spinning out. If its proving to be to difficult, find a car without a lot of hp. You'll still learn the throttle control without being as frustrated. Also realize its not going to happen over night, it will take a couple of days or maybe even a week depending on how quick you can adjust to the throttle.
 
You'll want to turn everything off, except for the ABS set at 1.

If you have a lot of HP, it'll take a lot of getting used to, which is why I said to start out driving slowly.

It'll feel like you're driving on ice for awhile, but remember that the accelerator is not an on/off switch. Get used to easing it on, just like you do in real life when you drive. You don't floor it every time you accelerate, right? Think of it like that and you'll get a good start on it. Once you get the hang of that, try pushing it a little faster and you'll find your car's limits. It just takes a little practice. :)

Edit: I'm going to disagree with ItsAllAboutWins. I think his method is going to make it harder on you in the long run. His method is getting you used to not having aids. My method will have you get used to actually driving the car.

That may not seem like much of a difference, but it is. What I'm having you do is like taking off the training wheels and learning to ride the bike on your own without them. What he's suggesting is like having someone hold onto the bike while after you've taken them off. In my opinion, it's best to let go and start from scratch driving slowly until you get the hang of it, with no help.

You won't be the first person to re-learn it and it's a lot more possible than it seems at first. :)
 
Last edited:
You'll want to turn everything off, except for the ABS set at 1.

If you have a lot of HP, it'll take a lot of getting used to, which is why I said to start out driving slowly.

It'll feel like you're driving on ice for awhile, but remember that the accelerator is not an on/off switch. Get used to easing it on, just like you do in real life when you drive. You don't floor it every time you accelerate, right? Think of it like that and you'll get a good start on it. Once you get the hang of that, try pushing it a little faster and you'll find your car's limits. It just takes a little practice. :)

ok ty :dopey:
 
I been driving with SRF,TC 1 and ABS 1 in the beginning now I'm interested in racing online but most rooms turn SRF and TC off that makes stopping difficult. If I start driving with say SH on my Camaro when I usually use SM then do I turn off SRF and TC for practicing or leave them on?

The transition will be difficult and the learning curve steep but it's worth it in the end. I'd turn everything off and leave ABS on 1. Once you make the move to no aids, you won't want to go back, if you give it a fair chance. If you expect to figure it all out in 5 or 6 laps you'll be disappointed. Start practicing on flatter tracks like Tsukuba, Nurb GP/D etc. to remove the variable of the up and down terrain.
 
The transition will be difficult and the learning curve steep but it's worth it in the end. I'd turn everything off and leave ABS on 1. Once you make the move to no aids, you won't want to go back, if you give it a fair chance. If you expect to figure it all out in 5 or 6 laps you'll be disappointed. Start practicing on flatter tracks like Tsukuba, Nurb GP/D etc. to remove the variable of the up and down terrain.

I'm using a '13 Camaro 2SS 1LE 426hp replica on SM tires no aids except ABS 1 racing Tsukuba track for the clubman cup very hard to stop before the turns. I turned on the racing line now I know when to slow down before the turn :)
 
With the aids completely off, you'll get instant feedback when you make a mistake and you'll adjust more quickly in my opinion. Good call on Tsukuba, too.

That track is very good for learning on. It has tight turns and wider ones and it'll give ya a good idea how the car handles, without, as Johnny said, the element of elevation changes.

Some other tracks seem easy, but have tricky spots in them that don't look tricky. Deep Forest has a couple of curves that look like they can be taken at high speed, but really can't.

Grand Valley or High Speed Ring wouldn't be a bad place to go next after you get the hang of Tsukuba and Nur GP/D.

Once you get the hang of the car, you'll be able to adjust to the tracks more easily.
 
With the aids completely off, you'll get instant feedback when you make a mistake and you'll adjust more quickly in my opinion. Good call on Tsukuba, too.

That track is very good for learning on. It has tight turns and wider ones and it'll give ya a good idea how the car handles, without, as Johnny said, the element of elevation changes.

Some other tracks seem easy, but have tricky spots in them that don't look tricky. Deep Forest has a couple of curves that look like they can be taken at high speed, but really can't.

Grand Valley or High Speed Ring wouldn't be a bad place to go next after you get the hang of Tsukuba and Nur GP/D.

Once you get the hang of the car, you'll be able to adjust to the tracks more easily.

I just raced tokyo 247 it was a blast! a little sliding on the last turn but not to bad :dopey: I'm going stick with SM until I get used to 'em then drop to SH :) thanks for the help :cool:
 
Last edited:
You're very welcome.

It wasn't as impossible as it seemed at first, was it? :D
 
You're very welcome.

It wasn't as impossible as it seemed at first, was it? :D

My wife and I are racin at the Top Gear Test Track no aids it's very hard. I'm starting to get better at braking but only by a little, still alot of practicing needed.
 
The Top Gear TT is trickier than it looks. Actually, it's hard to see where to go more than anything, so it doesn't give a good sense of where to slow down. It's easy to get too wild on it, but it's good practice. :)
 
The Top Gear TT is trickier than it looks. Actually, it's hard to see where to go more than anything, so it doesn't give a good sense of where to slow down. It's easy to get too wild on it, but it's good practice. :)

Yep very hard to see and negotiate the very sharp turns.:cool: but fun
 
Try fitting the fully customizable LSD and putting the initial torque and sensitivity down to 5?
 
Back